Hello, I leave in a couple days for my first trip to Ireland, spending the first 4 days in Dublin on my own. I am not interested in renting a car, so am hoping for feedback on taking public buses (such as http://www.buseireann.ie/) to get around for 6 or 7 days to see some of the west coast and SW of Ireland. Do you think it would be too much hassle to take buses to these places, find lodging, and then get out to the sights such as Cliffs of Moher on my own? I'm considering doing a Vagabond tour.. Usually travel on my own, but I'm recovering from an injury and don't have much time to plan this trip. Thoughts/advice greatly appreciated on how to make the best use of my time in 7 days outside Dublin and a feasible itinerary. (What towns to spend the night in where i can get a good day tour to Ring of Kerry, Cliffs of Moher, etc.) Thanks.
Using public buses vs. small group tour in Ireland
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Naples on Christmas Eve--Beluga Bar or George's?
- 2 ONE DAY IN PARIS PLEASE HELP!!
- 3 Alsa Bus between Portugal and Spain
- 4 Sagrada Familia - which tower?
- 5 Two weeks in Northern Italy - what do you think of our outline?
- 6 First time traveler to Ireland
- 7 New to Fodors: Please help with beginning stages of husband/wife trip
- 8 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 9 Scotland this summer - some initial planning questions
- 10 A still, a hooker and a Dodo bird. Paris and Oberkirch.
- 11 Restaurant reservations Rome, Tuscany, Venice
- 12 Belgium/Holland or Germany: Please help!
- 13 2 Week(ish) Italian Honeymoon Itinerary Help - First Time Europe Travelers
- 14 Question-- York & North York Moors
- 15 Prague - must see
- 16 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 17 Spain - Andalucia
- 18 Car in Prague
- 19 Euro Train
- 20 Planning 4 nights S / SE of London for my parents in their late 60s
- 21 My first visit to Ireland, next year.
- 22 Need info on smoking in Dijon area
- 23 Lucerne & Zurich
- 24 Banking for semester in London; what to do US students do?
- 25 Turkey Experts: Need Itinerary help - mostly with order of trip