Hello, I leave in a couple days for my first trip to Ireland, spending the first 4 days in Dublin on my own. I am not interested in renting a car, so am hoping for feedback on taking public buses (such as http://www.buseireann.ie/) to get around for 6 or 7 days to see some of the west coast and SW of Ireland. Do you think it would be too much hassle to take buses to these places, find lodging, and then get out to the sights such as Cliffs of Moher on my own? I'm considering doing a Vagabond tour.. Usually travel on my own, but I'm recovering from an injury and don't have much time to plan this trip. Thoughts/advice greatly appreciated on how to make the best use of my time in 7 days outside Dublin and a feasible itinerary. (What towns to spend the night in where i can get a good day tour to Ring of Kerry, Cliffs of Moher, etc.) Thanks.
Using public buses vs. small group tour in Ireland
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Iwango went…to Nice
- 2 Help! Italy & France and Italy-Two Weeks?
- 3 Garmisch Partenkirchen Christmas packing list
- 4 One night stopover in Dolomites, where?
- 5 Euro Trivia Quiz #16
- 6 Brisighella or Castelvetro di Modena Lodgings in Emilia Romagna
- 7 Solo, inexperienced traveler struggling w/ logistics
- 8 Early stages of planning for Euro trip + would love suggestions
- 9 Euro Trivia quiz #17 - People and Places #2
- 10 Train Travel from Marseilles to Barcelona
- 11 Northern Italy Itinerary Help
- 12 5 Observations About Paris
- 13 Planning Honeymoon to Greece in April
- 14 Granada
- 15 How to decide where to go in Europe
- 16 Tripadvisor fined in Italy over fake reviews
- 17 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 18 Toulouse & Paris Day Trips
- 19 Pyrenees logistics
- 20 Airport ATMs
- 21 Travelling from Paris to Madrid
- 22 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 23 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 24 Need Advice! Munich to Strasbourg to Paris
- 25 All Set To Go!!