Hello, I leave in a couple days for my first trip to Ireland, spending the first 4 days in Dublin on my own. I am not interested in renting a car, so am hoping for feedback on taking public buses (such as http://www.buseireann.ie/) to get around for 6 or 7 days to see some of the west coast and SW of Ireland. Do you think it would be too much hassle to take buses to these places, find lodging, and then get out to the sights such as Cliffs of Moher on my own? I'm considering doing a Vagabond tour.. Usually travel on my own, but I'm recovering from an injury and don't have much time to plan this trip. Thoughts/advice greatly appreciated on how to make the best use of my time in 7 days outside Dublin and a feasible itinerary. (What towns to spend the night in where i can get a good day tour to Ring of Kerry, Cliffs of Moher, etc.) Thanks.
Using public buses vs. small group tour in Ireland
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 driving map for Croatia and BiH
- 2 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 3 tour guides in rome
- 4 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 5 4 Cs-Champagne, Cartier, Chanel & Christmas in Paris 2013 were fantastic!
- 6 RFID wallets do they really work?
- 7 Ony 3-4 nights in Ortigia, priorities?????????
- 8 christmas lunch or dinner munich 2014
- 9 Seaside island village in Greece
- 10 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 11 Wales/Scotland Trip - August 2014
- 12 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 13 7 days in Greece
- 14 4 night stay for 5 in interlaken
- 15 Just Another Macarons, Hot Chocolate, Tucked into Bed by 11 Paris Report
- 16 Looking for advice on hotels in Paris
- 17 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 18 Spain itineraries
- 19 Itinerary Help!
- 20 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 21 Greek Island Chartering Yacht with Skipper?
- 22 Italy for 3 in 12 days
- 23 Scotland
- 24 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Le Marche and the Dolomites
- 25 7-8 days in Greece HELP!