Hello, I leave in a couple days for my first trip to Ireland, spending the first 4 days in Dublin on my own. I am not interested in renting a car, so am hoping for feedback on taking public buses (such as http://www.buseireann.ie/) to get around for 6 or 7 days to see some of the west coast and SW of Ireland. Do you think it would be too much hassle to take buses to these places, find lodging, and then get out to the sights such as Cliffs of Moher on my own? I'm considering doing a Vagabond tour.. Usually travel on my own, but I'm recovering from an injury and don't have much time to plan this trip. Thoughts/advice greatly appreciated on how to make the best use of my time in 7 days outside Dublin and a feasible itinerary. (What towns to spend the night in where i can get a good day tour to Ring of Kerry, Cliffs of Moher, etc.) Thanks.
Using public buses vs. small group tour in Ireland
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Touring Dover Castle
- 2 7 Nights in Paris
- 3 Day trips from Varenna, Lake Como
- 4 Savoring Sicily - A Trip Report
- 5 Santorini transportation
- 6 Buses in Amalfi coast town areas
- 7 Frecciabianca Seat Selection, please help.
- 8 Luggage on train from Waterloo to Southampton
- 9 Swiss Pass - Purchase Online or in-Person
- 10 Help me plan Greece portion of anniversary trip
- 11 Cell phones in Ireland
- 12 Mephisto Shoes in Paris
- 13 Turin: Have you used the Torino+Piemonte card?
- 14 Carry on luggage only with a family travelling to Europe?
- 15 Apartment rental suggestions in Florence and Rome
- 16 Madrid and London
- 17 Riverboat Moscow to St. Petersburg
- 18 Ireland: Need help deciding about maps and SIM card
- 19 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 20 Restaurants with good food + great view: Chianti & Val d'orcia
- 21 What is the LEAST expensive way to see the interior of Opera Garnier?
- 22 non-touristy in Umbria or Tuscany?
- 23 3 weeks in Europe
- 24 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 25 What can we do with 4 hours in Paris layover