Hello, I leave in a couple days for my first trip to Ireland, spending the first 4 days in Dublin on my own. I am not interested in renting a car, so am hoping for feedback on taking public buses (such as http://www.buseireann.ie/) to get around for 6 or 7 days to see some of the west coast and SW of Ireland. Do you think it would be too much hassle to take buses to these places, find lodging, and then get out to the sights such as Cliffs of Moher on my own? I'm considering doing a Vagabond tour.. Usually travel on my own, but I'm recovering from an injury and don't have much time to plan this trip. Thoughts/advice greatly appreciated on how to make the best use of my time in 7 days outside Dublin and a feasible itinerary. (What towns to spend the night in where i can get a good day tour to Ring of Kerry, Cliffs of Moher, etc.) Thanks.
Using public buses vs. small group tour in Ireland
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 2 West Ireland with 81 year old mother - Pls Review Itinerary
- 3 Salzburg, Innsbruck, and possibly Graz with my 90yr old Mom
- 4 Trip to Italy with teenagers
- 5 italy
- 6 Advance Tickets Segrada Familia - Barcelona
- 7 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 8 Tentative itinerary for Andalucia for April/May 2015
- 9 Finland to Sweden to Denmark to France to UK
- 10 Croatia in August - 2 weeks, 2 kids
- 11 What still confounds you about travel?
- 12 Pre-Purchasing Train Tickets
- 13 FRANCE: SIM CARD
- 14 Best route from Pamukkale to Fethiye by car
- 15 Advice on Two Week Itinerary Please! (London,Paris,Luxembourg,Brussels)
- 16 Planning first Solo Backpacking in Europe!
- 17 Chip but no PIN
- 18 Greece--Crete or Peloponnis?
- 19 Madrid and London
- 20 Ryanair Cabin Luggage
- 21 Eatwith - dine with locals
- 22 Day trip to Rothenberg from Munich
- 23 Pronunciation
- 24 Ireland 8 day Itinerary help
- 25 Golfing in Ireland