In planning for our trip to Greece this week, I am tossing whether or not I should use my debit card for major purchases (i.e. hotels, car and some food) to prevent so many transactions fees as my credit union has very low fees. Or should I just withdraw a large amount of cash in the airport for the entire trip (2 weeks). I'm not big on carrying a lot of cash in my pocket and when traveling around the US I have always just used my credit card for purchases, but not sure about Europe. I have heard different stories and at this point, I'm seeking advice from the professionals as I am leaving in 2 days.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Varenna to hotel near Milan airport
- 2 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 3 Paris to Switzerland to Venice in 2 weeks?
- 4 Getting around London
- 5 10 days/2 kids/Munich and surrounding areas
- 6 Really true that US passport needs 6 months left to enter Schengen zone?
- 7 21, 18 and 6 year old trip to Europe
- 8 Lake Como,Italy
- 9 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 10 Provence Hotel and Flights
- 11 Traveling in Belgium
- 12 Europe's Most Famous Streets?
- 13 First trip to Paris! (and Amsterdam)
- 14 Train travel to and from Paris
- 15 International Drivers License for Sicily
- 16 2 Week Europe Itinerary
- 17 HELP: 3rd trip to France - where should I go?
- 18 Bruges, Ghent or Brussels?
- 19 Day Trip From Lisbon
- 20 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 21 Gtg's in Paris this summer ?
- 22 5 nights in Granada and Malaga - what combo?
- 23 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition
- 24 Language to use in Belgium
- 25 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)