In planning for our trip to Greece this week, I am tossing whether or not I should use my debit card for major purchases (i.e. hotels, car and some food) to prevent so many transactions fees as my credit union has very low fees. Or should I just withdraw a large amount of cash in the airport for the entire trip (2 weeks). I'm not big on carrying a lot of cash in my pocket and when traveling around the US I have always just used my credit card for purchases, but not sure about Europe. I have heard different stories and at this point, I'm seeking advice from the professionals as I am leaving in 2 days.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 2 Months - Dubrovnik to Frankfurt Itinerary
- 2 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 3 Ireland Trip Planning Advice
- 4 Road Trip From Frankfurt
- 5 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 6 Sicily
- 7 Gertie in Greece NOW
- 8 Driver/Car Service Recommendation FCO- Pienza
- 9 car for four adults and four bikes
- 10 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 11 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 12 If you had to choose one......
- 13 Cycling with KIDS - Dordogne, France, (Combiers) APRIL 2017
- 14 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 15 Stonehenge more accessible with group?
- 16 Northern Spain Hotel Suggestion
- 17 How is the drive from Munich to Paris?
- 18 Fuerteventura - Canary Islands
- 19 Q re: holiday season in Italy
- 20 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 21 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 22 Switzerland 8 day itinerary in May
- 23 Lyon and Paris (and Provence vs Dijon?)
- 24 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 25 Super Cover For Hertz