In planning for our trip to Greece this week, I am tossing whether or not I should use my debit card for major purchases (i.e. hotels, car and some food) to prevent so many transactions fees as my credit union has very low fees. Or should I just withdraw a large amount of cash in the airport for the entire trip (2 weeks). I'm not big on carrying a lot of cash in my pocket and when traveling around the US I have always just used my credit card for purchases, but not sure about Europe. I have heard different stories and at this point, I'm seeking advice from the professionals as I am leaving in 2 days.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 June Honeymoon in Greek Islands
- 2 Ireland base towns (and timing) - Connemara/W. Cork?
- 3 3 nights in Madrid
- 4 Great Food restaurant, cafes, bars, winery, food shops in Provence and Lyon
- 5 Purchasing travel insurance in the UK
- 6 Gibraltar United Kingdom
- 7 Stumbling on the path to a Russian visa
- 8 Ideas for vacation to Germany
- 9 Nice/Villefranche/Monaco
- 10 Threat Level in UK
- 11 Cartagena Spain
- 12 Itinery help Crete
- 13 Base for Hidcote, etc. from London
- 14 Itinerary Advice - Dublin to Shannon
- 15 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 16 Need help deciphering benefits of Swiss train pass vs German 25% off...
- 17 S. Kensington London Restaurants
- 18 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 19 Graz in January
- 20 Problem using American bank card in Turkey
- 21 Tuscany wedding venues for 2
- 22 London Hotel - Different Request
- 23 Iceland trip report!
- 24 Sarlat & Surrounding Towns Restaurants
- 25 Sun loungers and parasols