I have been content using my IPhone as we travel in Europe with just wifi for data. I do not use my iPhone for phone calls. now I'm thinking it might be useful to get the smallest AT&T data plan ($30 for 120MB) to be able to use the iPhone for mapping and looking at bus/metro lines as we walk about Paris over the next two weeks. however I keep reading that the data plan charges are outrageous and get used up quickly. I would not check email or download large files. Just some surfing should do it. What have others experienced? My phone is locked so can't get a sim card. Thanks
Using AT&T international data plan with iphone5 in France
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Early stages of planning for Euro trip + would love suggestions
- 2 Solo, inexperienced traveler struggling w/ logistics
- 3 Three ferries to Mull
- 4 Eastern Europe
- 5 Bavaria: Santa Claus and Evil Twin Krampus!
- 6 Italy + Greece in 14 days
- 7 Luxury hotel base Positano or Sorrento with 2 teen daughters
- 8 Bayonne or St Jean de Luz
- 9 Best Location for Car Pickup in Naples
- 10 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 11 Paris/Prague/Budapest/Zagreb/Nice/Paris
- 12 Charles de Gaulle to Gare du Nord with limitations?
- 13 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 14 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?
- 15 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 16 Luggage storage in Barcelona
- 17 Earthquakes in Tuscany
- 18 Dublin, love it or hate it? please tell me why
- 19 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 20 American Express
- 21 Airport ATMs
- 22 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 23 Bus Tour with a toddler
- 24 Christmas markets: E Germany, Poland, Prague
- 25 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia