I have been content using my IPhone as we travel in Europe with just wifi for data. I do not use my iPhone for phone calls. now I'm thinking it might be useful to get the smallest AT&T data plan ($30 for 120MB) to be able to use the iPhone for mapping and looking at bus/metro lines as we walk about Paris over the next two weeks. however I keep reading that the data plan charges are outrageous and get used up quickly. I would not check email or download large files. Just some surfing should do it. What have others experienced? My phone is locked so can't get a sim card. Thanks
Using AT&T international data plan with iphone5 in France
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Normandy, Brittany and Loire Valley in May - please help with itinerary
- 2 Cornwall Trip Addition
- 3 Tram 28 safe to travel with kids?
- 4 Madrid and London
- 5 Excursions from Dubrovnik--wine/olive oil tasting, sailing/boat tours
- 6 car rental advice in Portugal
- 7 Traveling to Eastern Europe
- 8 Madrid Tapas Tour
- 9 What to wear
- 10 Chip but no PIN
- 11 Art Deco architecture along the English Channel
- 12 Back from Budapest- Report Including Eger, Szentendre and London
- 13 Small group for Colosseum
- 14 Driving to Paris... Parking?
- 15 Lofoten ferry
- 16 Upcoming Spain itinerary-eyeballs please!
- 17 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 18 Unique Venice Activity
- 19 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 20 Venice to Milan train tickets (for August travel) sold out already?
- 21 Duoro river cruises
- 22 Suggestions for Trip to Villefranche-sur-Mer
- 23 Day trip to Northern Italy Suggestions
- 24 Day trip to Rothenberg from Munich
- 25 Flamenco -- Cordoba, Seville or Granada?