I have been content using my IPhone as we travel in Europe with just wifi for data. I do not use my iPhone for phone calls. now I'm thinking it might be useful to get the smallest AT&T data plan ($30 for 120MB) to be able to use the iPhone for mapping and looking at bus/metro lines as we walk about Paris over the next two weeks. however I keep reading that the data plan charges are outrageous and get used up quickly. I would not check email or download large files. Just some surfing should do it. What have others experienced? My phone is locked so can't get a sim card. Thanks
Using AT&T international data plan with iphone5 in France
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Dordogne in October
- 2 Paris first then where?
- 3 BMW European Delivery program
- 4 Suggestion for wine tasting and winery tours in Tuscany
- 5 :"Europe's Masterworks Vs. the Masses"
- 6 Driving Holiday Austria-Switzerland-Italy/Germany-Austria
- 7 A Trip Report in Pictures - Ireland, E to W, S to N
- 8 Stay away from EF Tours
- 9 Good Flamenco in Seville
- 10 Need help in finalizing Switzerland travel dates
- 11 Does this sound feasible?
- 12 Thello Train Ticket - Oct 11 - Paris to Venice - "temporarily closed"
- 13 Barcelona apartment input, please
- 14 Two Week Big Fat Family Vacation to Greece
- 15 weather and clothes in Paris Aug 2-8
- 16 Keeping it el cheapo in Copenhagen Paris and Barcelona!
- 17 Can Kindle books be read on an iPad?
- 18 One night over night parking Paris 75018
- 19 Eating in University cafeterias
- 20 bringing back some bits from Italy. What's allowed?
- 21 Visiting Pompeii Via Train From Naples To Sorrento
- 22 I went to Paris in June
- 23 Renting a car from Rome to tuscany to venice
- 24 Europe road trip with kids - thoughts please!
- 25 Sicily 4-6 weeks