I have been content using my IPhone as we travel in Europe with just wifi for data. I do not use my iPhone for phone calls. now I'm thinking it might be useful to get the smallest AT&T data plan ($30 for 120MB) to be able to use the iPhone for mapping and looking at bus/metro lines as we walk about Paris over the next two weeks. however I keep reading that the data plan charges are outrageous and get used up quickly. I would not check email or download large files. Just some surfing should do it. What have others experienced? My phone is locked so can't get a sim card. Thanks
Using AT&T international data plan with iphone5 in France
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What cities in Poland have you visited?
- 2 Madrid hotel near Atocha Station
- 3 Looking for 5* Beach Resort
- 4 venice, italy
- 5 Rocamaxour
- 6 Summer Interrupted; Christmas in Germany & Switzerland
- 7 construction near Shangri-La Paris or Le Royal Monceau Paris?
- 8 Practicing Spanish while in Spain - any ideas?
- 9 Free family pass for kids with Berner Oberland Pass?
- 10 Umbria - planning for 3 or 4 days in April
- 11 Home Base in Belgium
- 12 Greece after the Vote
- 13 April in Madrid
- 14 Euro Travel Quiz - Places Reeking of History
- 15 Big and little towns of Europe
- 16 Winter in europe - am I being too ambitious?
- 17 Innsbruck and surroundings
- 18 Navigo Decouverte
- 19 I finally have my Scotland trip all booked.
- 20 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 21 Trip Report -- Spain and Portugal, 2014
- 22 Quiet beach town in Italy?
- 23 Gastehaus Alpenkranz
- 24 Up coming strikes at Spanish airports 2015
- 25 Which Florence hotel?