I have been content using my IPhone as we travel in Europe with just wifi for data. I do not use my iPhone for phone calls. now I'm thinking it might be useful to get the smallest AT&T data plan ($30 for 120MB) to be able to use the iPhone for mapping and looking at bus/metro lines as we walk about Paris over the next two weeks. however I keep reading that the data plan charges are outrageous and get used up quickly. I would not check email or download large files. Just some surfing should do it. What have others experienced? My phone is locked so can't get a sim card. Thanks
Using AT&T international data plan with iphone5 in France
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris: for a family with children, Saint Germain or Le Marais?
- 2 Barcelona hotel: convenient but not hustle bustle city location & Madrid??
- 3 Christmas/New Year's Salzburg/Munich Opinion
- 4 Solo female travelling to Turkey! Suggestions?!
- 5 Ideas for Dec (Christmas) holiday - Where to go??
- 6 Best way to see the Bosphorus in Istanbul
- 7 Biel/Bienne Experts
- 8 What Three Nations Have The Friendliest People?
- 9 Schengen rule made easy
- 10 What is the best way to tour the Bosphorus
- 11 Ireland or Scotland
- 12 Venice, Tuscany and CT in October
- 13 First Trip to Europe
- 14 Help neede with Liquria itinerary
- 15 Is MasterCard/Visa Car Rental Insurance Worth It?
- 16 Scandinavian tour - first time!
- 17 24 hour layover in Paris (CDG)
- 18 Trip Report: 17 days in Switzerland, Austria & Czech Republic
- 19 Are Bit Coins Accepted Anywhere In Europe anywhere...
- 20 London hotel tax is 20%
- 21 Driving from Amboise to Dinan--advice needed
- 22 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 23 7 days in London in Dec with family
- 24 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 25 Need help with itinerary