I have been content using my IPhone as we travel in Europe with just wifi for data. I do not use my iPhone for phone calls. now I'm thinking it might be useful to get the smallest AT&T data plan ($30 for 120MB) to be able to use the iPhone for mapping and looking at bus/metro lines as we walk about Paris over the next two weeks. however I keep reading that the data plan charges are outrageous and get used up quickly. I would not check email or download large files. Just some surfing should do it. What have others experienced? My phone is locked so can't get a sim card. Thanks
Using AT&T international data plan with iphone5 in France
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 2 Best Luggage for Cobblestone/Stairs
- 3 Avoid Web Reservation International Maffia!
- 4 Best town for 3 nights on the Costa Brava?
- 5 Vatican Museum tour guide
- 6 Baltic cruise ports
- 7 Aug/Sept trip to Amsterdam - time for Brussels too?
- 8 Questions for Paris residents
- 9 Central European train travel
- 10 lauterbrunnen lodging, down to 2 choices
- 11 Where to stay in Barcelona
- 12 Berlin: evening dining
- 13 Stay in Venice
- 14 Glasgow and Edinburgh
- 15 IST plane transfer - cutting it too close?
- 16 PRIVATE GUIDES IN ITALY--MASTER LIST
- 17 Looking for a Lobo-mau GTG + recommendations in Lisbon
- 18 Anyone used the new airline La Compagnie
- 19 Mont St. Michele?
- 20 Holy Week in Seville 2015
- 21 Gift for my European Friends- How about Hershey?
- 22 London Weekend
- 23 taking kids to france for first time next summer-help!
- 24 Amsterdam with young toddler
- 25 italy-switzerland travel advice in mid to late May