I have been content using my IPhone as we travel in Europe with just wifi for data. I do not use my iPhone for phone calls. now I'm thinking it might be useful to get the smallest AT&T data plan ($30 for 120MB) to be able to use the iPhone for mapping and looking at bus/metro lines as we walk about Paris over the next two weeks. however I keep reading that the data plan charges are outrageous and get used up quickly. I would not check email or download large files. Just some surfing should do it. What have others experienced? My phone is locked so can't get a sim card. Thanks
Using AT&T international data plan with iphone5 in France
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How Well-Traveled Are You?
- 2 Oh no more disruption planned for Spanish airports 2015
- 3 Possible Italy and Paris Itinerary - any thoughts?
- 4 ATM cards in Spain - need chip or not?
- 5 Itinerary Help- 12 day trip to Munich, Salzburg, Vienna and Prague
- 6 Liverpool to London
- 7 Spain 6 weeks itinerary help
- 8 Trip Report: My Encounter With the Italian Hospital System
- 9 Kimhe - a big favor to ask of you
- 10 Chip + Pin Credit Card
- 11 italy for - 2 weeks for a young couple
- 12 car rental agency
- 13 Mâché aux Puces from Garibaldi metro
- 14 Vienna and Prague or Venice/Sienna/Rome for honeymoon?
- 15 Bath Hotel - MacDonald Bath Spa or Francis Hotel
- 16 Place to drop off car South of Siena, Italy
- 17 Trains
- 18 Planning a Trip to Iceland
- 19 Euro Quiz # 65 (Friday)
- 20 DVD players in France
- 21 mailing a package in advance of arrival at a Berlin hotel
- 22 Piazza Navona hotel in Rome help
- 23 Tedgale trip report: One glorious week in London, February, 2015
- 24 Marseille four day for my son the Navy Sailor
- 25 half day at Madrid Prado ?