I have been content using my IPhone as we travel in Europe with just wifi for data. I do not use my iPhone for phone calls. now I'm thinking it might be useful to get the smallest AT&T data plan ($30 for 120MB) to be able to use the iPhone for mapping and looking at bus/metro lines as we walk about Paris over the next two weeks. however I keep reading that the data plan charges are outrageous and get used up quickly. I would not check email or download large files. Just some surfing should do it. What have others experienced? My phone is locked so can't get a sim card. Thanks
Using AT&T international data plan with iphone5 in France
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 2 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 3 1 week Tuscany in November
- 4 2 weeks on Lake Maggiore
- 5 Planning 18 day euro trip HELP
- 6 Hvar Town or Stari Grad
- 7 Gift for French business associate
- 8 Gtg San Antonio
- 9 10 Days in France/No. Spain starting tomorrow
- 10 Airbnb scam
- 11 paris apartment opinion airbnb
- 12 Help please! Value lodging in Italy
- 13 Family of 4 considering living abroad for 1 or 2 years. Advice?
- 14 lauterbrunnen-wengen 4 days
- 15 venice, the dolomites, and the italian lakes - in 1 week
- 16 help- newbies to international travel- Italy logistics
- 17 Italy trip advice
- 18 Scotland Votes "No"
- 19 US looking into preclearance at European airports
- 20 Help with logistics of 2 days on the Rhine
- 21 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 22 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 23 Advice for 6 nights 7 Days in Switzerland
- 24 Rheinland-Pfalz Day Pass & Rhine Cruise
- 25 Looking for Suggestions - 12 Day Agenda for Greece