I have been content using my IPhone as we travel in Europe with just wifi for data. I do not use my iPhone for phone calls. now I'm thinking it might be useful to get the smallest AT&T data plan ($30 for 120MB) to be able to use the iPhone for mapping and looking at bus/metro lines as we walk about Paris over the next two weeks. however I keep reading that the data plan charges are outrageous and get used up quickly. I would not check email or download large files. Just some surfing should do it. What have others experienced? My phone is locked so can't get a sim card. Thanks
Using AT&T international data plan with iphone5 in France
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Best French Onion Soup in Paris
- 2 5am arrival in Dublin
- 3 Ste Remy France
- 4 Owners Direct Rentals?
- 5 10 Hours in Brussels
- 6 Spend a year in the Dolomites
- 7 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 8 2 Weeks in Italy in early October
- 9 Help with Barcelona Plans Please!
- 10 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 11 Yearly Greece visitor looking for different island
- 12 destination wedding
- 13 A Win At the Arc and Discovering Lisbon
- 14 Buying handbags and shoes in Italy, how much should I budget?
- 15 Edinburgh for 7 days for 60+
- 16 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 17 Two weeks in Italy - Venice, Ostuni and Naples
- 18 Maitaitom & Tracy's Romantic 20th Anniversary Paris 2014 Trip In September
- 19 Bordeaux, Burgundy & Paris recommendations
- 20 London Private Detectives
- 21 Venice to Wegen Switerzerland-suggestion for overnight near lake como
- 22 Calling Jamikins
- 23 Help wanted for choosing apartment/hotel in Istanbul (early May 2014)
- 24 A drive in Europe
- 25 Eiffel Tower Replica - where to buy, or how to make?