I have been content using my IPhone as we travel in Europe with just wifi for data. I do not use my iPhone for phone calls. now I'm thinking it might be useful to get the smallest AT&T data plan ($30 for 120MB) to be able to use the iPhone for mapping and looking at bus/metro lines as we walk about Paris over the next two weeks. however I keep reading that the data plan charges are outrageous and get used up quickly. I would not check email or download large files. Just some surfing should do it. What have others experienced? My phone is locked so can't get a sim card. Thanks
Using AT&T international data plan with iphone5 in France
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 holiday sales
- 2 The "Night Wolves" plan on being in Berlin in May.
- 3 Lake Como -> Milan -> Last Supper; ferry,train,bus?? Help needed
- 4 Seeking guided tour that visits 4 countries, 3 nights in each city!
- 5 Is my itinerary the Best of Switzerland?
- 6 Eiffel Tower
- 7 Greece in 10 nights early September
- 8 NT in devon and cornwall
- 9 King's Day Amsterdam - 2015!
- 10 Iceland self drive tour
- 11 Paris and Rouen 2015
- 12 Can I buy "plus size" clothes in France?
- 13 Spring in Spain: Crawling up Mallorca; Pushing Through Toledo
- 14 Weekend navigo options
- 15 Hello and advice please to help plan our visit
- 16 Need Help, Iceland
- 17 Lugano to Bellagio Question
- 18 Chip and Pin Card from Capital One
- 19 SPAIN FOR 2WKS
- 20 Phone options - Sweden, Norway, Iceland
- 21 Walks around Bavarian lakes
- 22 First World War tour
- 23 French Etiquette! "Bonjour Madame or Bonjour Monsieur!
- 24 Amalfi Coast with Kids- Where to stay?
- 25 One-Way Ferry from Norway to Scotland?