I recently purchased a 4 country Eurail with the intent of traveling to France and a few other countries. I went to the station 2 weeks ago and tried reserving a ticket to Paris for over a month in advance but there are no seats available while I am in Europe.....I would really like to go while I am here, and am wondering if it would be worth-while to take a train without a reservation.
I know you can grab an Italian train without one and pay an 18 Euro fee if you are caught...if it was a similar case for France, I would be more then willing to do so. I just don't want to get on and find out the fee is much higher or get kicked off the train! I have also heard stories about people getting on but not finding seats...this would be ok since it is only a 2 hour train from where I am....
Basically: if you happen to know how much the fee is for using a Eurail in France without a reservation, or if you know where I can find that information, that would be so fantastic! Thanks
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 2 Months in Sicily
- 2 France Part Deux - Itinerary Advice
- 3 Barcelona, hiking in Pyrenees + which other? (Costa Brava or Mallorca?)
- 4 Lake Geneva / Great St Bernard Pass / Milan / Naples
- 5 Splitting 11 days between Amsterdam and Dubrovnik
- 6 What tips can you give about packing?
- 7 Croatia Itinerary help for 13 days in September 2017
- 8 Ludwig Castles
- 9 Hallstatt tour recommendations?
- 10 Where to stay in SW Ireland, Killarney or Kenmare?
- 11 Experience with Earthbound Tours
- 12 Charles de Gaulle departure
- 13 Driving from Munich to Barcelona
- 14 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 15 Visiting Monte Carlo during Grand Prix week
- 16 Aix en Provence Day Trips
- 17 Two day Dublin itinerary
- 18 Porte de Vanves or Clignancourt
- 19 Short Trip in July
- 20 Springtime in Holland - Trip report
- 21 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 22 HIking through France for 2 weeks
- 23 First trip to England & Ireland-9 days in August
- 24 current best wisdom on taxis from CDG to 17eme
- 25 Cell Phone Question