I recently purchased a 4 country Eurail with the intent of traveling to France and a few other countries. I went to the station 2 weeks ago and tried reserving a ticket to Paris for over a month in advance but there are no seats available while I am in Europe.....I would really like to go while I am here, and am wondering if it would be worth-while to take a train without a reservation.
I know you can grab an Italian train without one and pay an 18 Euro fee if you are caught...if it was a similar case for France, I would be more then willing to do so. I just don't want to get on and find out the fee is much higher or get kicked off the train! I have also heard stories about people getting on but not finding seats...this would be ok since it is only a 2 hour train from where I am....
Basically: if you happen to know how much the fee is for using a Eurail in France without a reservation, or if you know where I can find that information, that would be so fantastic! Thanks
Using a eurail in France without a Reservation
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 30 Days in Europe - 29 y/o male
- 2 Transportation from Peisey Vallandry to Paris
- 3 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 4 Day trip from London to Paris
- 5 Prague 3 nights - Top 10 things to do
- 6 Mont St Michel
- 7 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 8 Paris airport shuttle recommendations
- 9 Cilento, Calabria and Basilicata: Help fill in a few blanks for us
- 10 Amsterdam -Belgium -Germany -Amsterdam
- 11 nearby cities to london
- 12 Will I be able to add minutes to the phone I bought in Spain 3 years ago?
- 13 Any suggestions for accomodations in Venice Italy mid June?
- 14 Ancient Corinth info needed.
- 15 Tickets to Sagrada Familia
- 16 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 17 A relaxing itinerary in the Basque country?
- 18 Prague, Austria and Germany in 17 days
- 19 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 20 Porto -City Break
- 21 5 nights to get from Paris to Rome - What to do??
- 22 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 23 Lake como area on motorcycles
- 24 Swiss pass or Individual tickets?
- 25 Street food in Turkey