I recently purchased a 4 country Eurail with the intent of traveling to France and a few other countries. I went to the station 2 weeks ago and tried reserving a ticket to Paris for over a month in advance but there are no seats available while I am in Europe.....I would really like to go while I am here, and am wondering if it would be worth-while to take a train without a reservation.
I know you can grab an Italian train without one and pay an 18 Euro fee if you are caught...if it was a similar case for France, I would be more then willing to do so. I just don't want to get on and find out the fee is much higher or get kicked off the train! I have also heard stories about people getting on but not finding seats...this would be ok since it is only a 2 hour train from where I am....
Basically: if you happen to know how much the fee is for using a Eurail in France without a reservation, or if you know where I can find that information, that would be so fantastic! Thanks
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Mont St. Michel in winter
- 2 Back from Paris
- 3 5 Day trip with wife & teens - Nice to Paris
- 4 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #139
- 5 Fifty Years Later, Paris
- 6 Travel insurance for Dutch residents question
- 7 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 8 Trip suggestion
- 9 Island Hopping in the Cyclades
- 10 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 11 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 12 Another tipping question: concierges
- 13 Black hair stylists or braids in Barcelona
- 14 Paris- 1 B.R. APT.
- 15 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 16 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 17 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 18 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 19 Summer Travel order
- 20 UK: "Ghost Trains!"
- 21 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 22 Dijon in December!
- 23 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 24 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 25 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days