I recently purchased a 4 country Eurail with the intent of traveling to France and a few other countries. I went to the station 2 weeks ago and tried reserving a ticket to Paris for over a month in advance but there are no seats available while I am in Europe.....I would really like to go while I am here, and am wondering if it would be worth-while to take a train without a reservation.
I know you can grab an Italian train without one and pay an 18 Euro fee if you are caught...if it was a similar case for France, I would be more then willing to do so. I just don't want to get on and find out the fee is much higher or get kicked off the train! I have also heard stories about people getting on but not finding seats...this would be ok since it is only a 2 hour train from where I am....
Basically: if you happen to know how much the fee is for using a Eurail in France without a reservation, or if you know where I can find that information, that would be so fantastic! Thanks
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rue des Rosiers
- 2 Holiday in Austria
- 3 Purchasing Italian train tickets from USA!
- 4 Pyrenees villages sth of Lourdes
- 5 Christmas in London (& Paris)
- 6 Critique my Budapest itinerary please!
- 7 Italian Riviera
- 8 Switzerland in mid-April
- 9 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 10 Received Black Friday ads feom Europe
- 11 Snakes on a Plane? Our Thanksgiving in Paris!
- 12 Hamam Istanbul?
- 13 Scotland Trip
- 14 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 15 Glastonbury vs Bath
- 16 First Trip to Europe!
- 17 Paris Under Seige...
- 18 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris 2015
- 19 Help Planning Spain Itinerary
- 20 Fabulous Greece-Santorini, Naxos and Athens
- 21 visa appointment experience
- 22 What to take to Germany
- 23 CAPITALIZING ON THE CAPITALS: Central Europe
- 24 thursdaysd Wanders South
- 25 Sample European Itinerary for a solo traveler.