I recently purchased a 4 country Eurail with the intent of traveling to France and a few other countries. I went to the station 2 weeks ago and tried reserving a ticket to Paris for over a month in advance but there are no seats available while I am in Europe.....I would really like to go while I am here, and am wondering if it would be worth-while to take a train without a reservation.
I know you can grab an Italian train without one and pay an 18 Euro fee if you are caught...if it was a similar case for France, I would be more then willing to do so. I just don't want to get on and find out the fee is much higher or get kicked off the train! I have also heard stories about people getting on but not finding seats...this would be ok since it is only a 2 hour train from where I am....
Basically: if you happen to know how much the fee is for using a Eurail in France without a reservation, or if you know where I can find that information, that would be so fantastic! Thanks
Using a eurail in France without a Reservation
- 1 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 2 Advice on relocating to Italy?
- 3 San Sebastian and 2 day trips into France...lodging and places to see
- 4 Moscow AND St Petersburg
- 5 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 6 Moscow transportation from Domodedovo airport
- 7 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 8 Advises for trip to Russia
- 9 7 days in Andalucia
- 10 Dillit Language school in Rome?
- 11 4 Women Exploring London Dec 19-23
- 12 Planning a holiday
- 13 London at Easter
- 14 Normandy in mid Sept?
- 15 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 16 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 17 Traveling within Italy
- 18 To Paris and Provence in June
- 19 How to Travel from Seville to Malaga
- 20 Need PIN for general credit card use in Spain Portugal
- 21 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 22 Madrid to Sevilla
- 23 Northern Italy Honeymoon- Alps and Italian Favorites
- 24 Venice - another trip report (deja vu all over again)
- 25 Ira Has Been Kidnapped