I recently purchased a 4 country Eurail with the intent of traveling to France and a few other countries. I went to the station 2 weeks ago and tried reserving a ticket to Paris for over a month in advance but there are no seats available while I am in Europe.....I would really like to go while I am here, and am wondering if it would be worth-while to take a train without a reservation.
I know you can grab an Italian train without one and pay an 18 Euro fee if you are caught...if it was a similar case for France, I would be more then willing to do so. I just don't want to get on and find out the fee is much higher or get kicked off the train! I have also heard stories about people getting on but not finding seats...this would be ok since it is only a 2 hour train from where I am....
Basically: if you happen to know how much the fee is for using a Eurail in France without a reservation, or if you know where I can find that information, that would be so fantastic! Thanks
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help with Italy Itinerary: October 2016
- 2 When and how to book for a trip?
- 3 Utrecht plus ?? beginning of July with family
- 4 Wine Tours from Pienza
- 5 Schengen Visa Question - Student Visa / Visitor Visa
- 6 please revew provence agenda
- 7 colorado provencal or ochre path in roussillon?
- 8 Rome to Venice - What to see in between ?
- 9 5 hours in Genoa or next to Genoa?
- 10 Scandinavia Itinerary Advice
- 11 Norway in November
- 12 Florence to Pisa Round Trip
- 13 Heraklion to Chania by Bus
- 14 France to stop making foie grois
- 15 Backpacking in South East Europe
- 16 Swiss German
- 17 Quick drive thru Luxmbourg
- 18 Gas/Petrol shortages in France?
- 19 Rain forecast Provence next Sunday and Monday. Any suggestions?
- 20 Italy
- 21 Twelve Nights: Venice, Bologna & Paris (plus Ravenna)
- 22 Is Mljet a reasonable substitute for Korcula?
- 23 Arriving Athens at night
- 24 Trip Report - Sicily in 30 days 2016
- 25 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris