I recently purchased a 4 country Eurail with the intent of traveling to France and a few other countries. I went to the station 2 weeks ago and tried reserving a ticket to Paris for over a month in advance but there are no seats available while I am in Europe.....I would really like to go while I am here, and am wondering if it would be worth-while to take a train without a reservation.
I know you can grab an Italian train without one and pay an 18 Euro fee if you are caught...if it was a similar case for France, I would be more then willing to do so. I just don't want to get on and find out the fee is much higher or get kicked off the train! I have also heard stories about people getting on but not finding seats...this would be ok since it is only a 2 hour train from where I am....
Basically: if you happen to know how much the fee is for using a Eurail in France without a reservation, or if you know where I can find that information, that would be so fantastic! Thanks
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ireland travel passport question
- 2 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 3 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 4 Tripcho Travel Guided Tours
- 5 4 days itinerary for France
- 6 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 7 where to stay in London?
- 8 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 9 Juangfrau / mt
- 10 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 11 Trip route from Paris to Venice
- 12 Itinerary help needed: 10-11 days in Calabria, Siciily, and (maybe) Puglia
- 13 Switzerland
- 14 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 15 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 16 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 17 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 18 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 19 Railpass or point-to-point tickets
- 20 Questions about Polish sights
- 21 2 week trip to Lisbon, Porto, Douro, seeking input
- 22 Southern Germany - a base for travel
- 23 Ireland and Scotland in July
- 24 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 25 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece