I recently purchased a 4 country Eurail with the intent of traveling to France and a few other countries. I went to the station 2 weeks ago and tried reserving a ticket to Paris for over a month in advance but there are no seats available while I am in Europe.....I would really like to go while I am here, and am wondering if it would be worth-while to take a train without a reservation.
I know you can grab an Italian train without one and pay an 18 Euro fee if you are caught...if it was a similar case for France, I would be more then willing to do so. I just don't want to get on and find out the fee is much higher or get kicked off the train! I have also heard stories about people getting on but not finding seats...this would be ok since it is only a 2 hour train from where I am....
Basically: if you happen to know how much the fee is for using a Eurail in France without a reservation, or if you know where I can find that information, that would be so fantastic! Thanks
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Recommendations for trip to Cochem
- 2 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 3 Spanish food - not that special?
- 4 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 5 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 6 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 7 Booking Irish Rail ticket
- 8 Please help with Carry-on Question--CDG!
- 9 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 10 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 11 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 12 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 13 Can you locate this picture in Greece?
- 14 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 15 Taking Renfe's FAVA Train Across Northern Spain?
- 16 Chania
- 17 Hiking in Austria and Innsbruck and Hallstatt
- 18 Car rental in Santorini port
- 19 Feedback On Relaxed Plan While Staying In Saignon
- 20 Renting a car in Greece
- 21 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 22 Does anyone have experience with Lipault luggage?
- 23 renting a car in greece
- 24 From Biarritz to Paris- 2 extra nights
- 25 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train