I recently purchased a 4 country Eurail with the intent of traveling to France and a few other countries. I went to the station 2 weeks ago and tried reserving a ticket to Paris for over a month in advance but there are no seats available while I am in Europe.....I would really like to go while I am here, and am wondering if it would be worth-while to take a train without a reservation.
I know you can grab an Italian train without one and pay an 18 Euro fee if you are caught...if it was a similar case for France, I would be more then willing to do so. I just don't want to get on and find out the fee is much higher or get kicked off the train! I have also heard stories about people getting on but not finding seats...this would be ok since it is only a 2 hour train from where I am....
Basically: if you happen to know how much the fee is for using a Eurail in France without a reservation, or if you know where I can find that information, that would be so fantastic! Thanks
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Agriturismo or small hotel between Milan & Cinque Terre
- 2 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 3 Base in Rhine or Mosel?
- 4 Globus Iberian Tour
- 5 Drive from Lake Como to Venice
- 6 What are your St. Petersburg, Russia experiences?
- 7 base for Andalucia
- 8 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 9 Italy travel plan help
- 10 Northern Tucany / Southern Emilia-Romagna / Cinc Terre What to Do?
- 11 Help with Spain/Portugal itinerary 33 days
- 12 Support Barcelona, Brussels, Paris, etc
- 13 Budapest Card
- 14 Tracking the Weather
- 15 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 16 Towns or hikes along Lake Lucerne
- 17 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 18 Poland to Austria In December
- 19 road trip through scotland
- 20 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 21 Loire Valley best place to linger
- 22 Requesting information about Flytolake/Lariobus
- 23 Thinking about the Fjords
- 24 Copenhagen,Helsinki,St. Petersburg in mid September
- 25 Where to eat in Rome?