I recently purchased a 4 country Eurail with the intent of traveling to France and a few other countries. I went to the station 2 weeks ago and tried reserving a ticket to Paris for over a month in advance but there are no seats available while I am in Europe.....I would really like to go while I am here, and am wondering if it would be worth-while to take a train without a reservation.
I know you can grab an Italian train without one and pay an 18 Euro fee if you are caught...if it was a similar case for France, I would be more then willing to do so. I just don't want to get on and find out the fee is much higher or get kicked off the train! I have also heard stories about people getting on but not finding seats...this would be ok since it is only a 2 hour train from where I am....
Basically: if you happen to know how much the fee is for using a Eurail in France without a reservation, or if you know where I can find that information, that would be so fantastic! Thanks
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Planning a self drive tour of the uk next april
- 2 Malaga Hotels - which one should I choose?
- 3 Will I need air conditioning near Lucca in early July?
- 4 Visa for one Schengen Country, and traveling with EU spouse and children
- 5 What type of visa is right for me?
- 6 http://www.supplementoffers.org/white-light-smile/
- 7 Munich
- 8 First time in France
- 9 My trip to Cornwall, bookended by weekends in London
- 10 Thello night train from Paris to Rome?
- 11 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 12 One month in southern Spain with little ones. Where to stay?
- 13 Thoughts on an unusual itinerary for Northern Spain please
- 14 Britain's contactless public transport revolution moves to Oxford
- 15 Budapest Hotels
- 16 Salzburg or Regensberg
- 17 4 days in switzerland
- 18 A Week in Western Crete (with photos)
- 19 France and Barcelona : 2016 Trip Report
- 20 Swiss Pass dilemma
- 21 Trip Report: Krakow and Warsaw
- 22 Holiday trip with kids - suggestions please!
- 23 Our week in Scotland—“againn san t-seachdain ann an Alba”
- 24 14 days in Greece itinerary ???
- 25 When is Pope's schedule released for 2017?