I am a U.S. citizen who is retired and planning on buying a holiday house/flat somewhere in England. I would be going to England on a tourist visa.
My original plan was to buy a house in Liverpool. After all of the comments about having a holiday house in Liverpool, however, I decided that I want to buy a house or flat in London, since it probably has less crime. I do not want to rent a house/flat. I would like to buy one, since I can afford to buy. Since I can't get a mortgage in the UK because I'm not a resident, would paying for a house/flat in London (or anywhere else in England) using cash be a quicker process. How long would it take to to purchase a house/flat in cash in the UK.
I would only be able to come to the UK for at most 3 weeks, so if the buying process of the London property takes 4 weeks, would I have to be in the UK during to whole buying process, or could I be in the United States during the the beginning and/or end of the process. In other words, could the buying process be done on the phone/ and or internet?
Again, the London property would be used for holidays for 2-3 weeks per year.
I am really curious!!!!
USA citizen owning a house/flat in London, England
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip
- 2 Month Itinerary England, France, Germany, Italy does this work?
- 3 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 4 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 5 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 6 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 7 Travel with Teens
- 8 best beaches on the costa del sol
- 9 One Week in Costa del Sol with a rental car. Ideas for Day Trips???
- 10 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 11 15-days in Turkey with 15-month old, Istanbul and..?
- 12 Vatican - Wednesday General Audience
- 13 Netherlands holiday with a 2.5 year old
- 14 Finding a hotel/resort on the Costa del Sol with an indoor pool
- 15 Barcelona and Costa del Sol
- 16 Paris Restaurants in the 7th
- 17 Rue Montorgueil or 7th?
- 18 Recommendations for good driving routes for lavender fields in Provence
- 19 Reims for a day
- 20 Airfare for summer travel to Europe
- 21 I think this is a scam!
- 22 Restaurant with a view - Florence
- 23 Best Time of Day and Vantage Point for Seven Sisters
- 24 Weather in Andalusia and Barcelona?
- 25 Flamenco -- Cordoba, Seville or Granada?