I am a U.S. citizen who is retired and planning on buying a holiday house/flat somewhere in England. I would be going to England on a tourist visa.
My original plan was to buy a house in Liverpool. After all of the comments about having a holiday house in Liverpool, however, I decided that I want to buy a house or flat in London, since it probably has less crime. I do not want to rent a house/flat. I would like to buy one, since I can afford to buy. Since I can't get a mortgage in the UK because I'm not a resident, would paying for a house/flat in London (or anywhere else in England) using cash be a quicker process. How long would it take to to purchase a house/flat in cash in the UK.
I would only be able to come to the UK for at most 3 weeks, so if the buying process of the London property takes 4 weeks, would I have to be in the UK during to whole buying process, or could I be in the United States during the the beginning and/or end of the process. In other words, could the buying process be done on the phone/ and or internet?
Again, the London property would be used for holidays for 2-3 weeks per year.
I am really curious!!!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Uber vs. TfL
- 2 Berlin
- 3 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 4 Rome or Venice first
- 5 Lunch near Amboise, Loire Valley
- 6 Eloping in London, honeymooning in Paris!
- 7 One free day in Barcelona
- 8 LONG Trip Report Barcelona & Costa Brava June 2017
- 9 8 in Rome or Rome + Amalfi in June
- 10 Lake Como - Luzern - Germany (need help) - Amsterdam
- 11 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 12 Villa Honegg: an insider's tip for the Central Switzerland
- 13 Rest in Peace, Colonel Chilcott
- 14 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 15 Lille Braderie 2017
- 16 Wine Shipping from Puglia
- 17 Apartment Montreux area
- 18 Trip report: Portugal, Barcelona and Switzerland
- 19 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 20 Trains in Italy
- 21 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 22 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 23 Spain, Portugal, 10 days family of 7.
- 24 Scotland - drive around or form bases ?
- 25 La Coruna or Santiago or both?