I am a U.S. citizen who is retired and planning on buying a holiday house/flat somewhere in England. I would be going to England on a tourist visa.
My original plan was to buy a house in Liverpool. After all of the comments about having a holiday house in Liverpool, however, I decided that I want to buy a house or flat in London, since it probably has less crime. I do not want to rent a house/flat. I would like to buy one, since I can afford to buy. Since I can't get a mortgage in the UK because I'm not a resident, would paying for a house/flat in London (or anywhere else in England) using cash be a quicker process. How long would it take to to purchase a house/flat in cash in the UK.
I would only be able to come to the UK for at most 3 weeks, so if the buying process of the London property takes 4 weeks, would I have to be in the UK during to whole buying process, or could I be in the United States during the the beginning and/or end of the process. In other words, could the buying process be done on the phone/ and or internet?
Again, the London property would be used for holidays for 2-3 weeks per year.
I am really curious!!!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where to stay around Munich
- 2 Northern England /Scotland in 16 days
- 3 Question for Aussies re travel SIMs in Europe
- 4 The Best of Paris Oct 12 -18th 2015
- 5 Eiffel-tower-shut-staff-walk-
- 6 Springtime in Paris and Provence – April 2015
- 7 Shoppingin Spain
- 8 Barcelona San Pau Apartment
- 9 Daytrip Ideas from Assisi (leaving this Saturday)
- 10 Northern Spain
- 11 Study Abroad in Barcelona or Urbino
- 12 London-Paris solo trip
- 13 Stresa: Do I Need A Car?
- 14 London to Edinburgh Road Trip - Advice appreciated
- 15 Parking in Alhambra for two days
- 16 Bad Wimpfen or Schwaebisch Hall
- 17 French Prem Train Fares
- 18 Euro Quiz # 103 - Rivers!
- 19 Dublin to Dingle?
- 20 To Hampton Court Palace
- 21 Day trip London to Belgium - Help!
- 22 Anyone have a good word to say about Zurich?
- 23 reputable apartment rental in Rome and Venice?
- 24 Scotland for a week with 6 1/2 year old
- 25 Help-1st time solo travel in Basel and Amsterdam