I am a U.S. citizen who is retired and planning on buying a holiday house/flat somewhere in England. I would be going to England on a tourist visa.
My original plan was to buy a house in Liverpool. After all of the comments about having a holiday house in Liverpool, however, I decided that I want to buy a house or flat in London, since it probably has less crime. I do not want to rent a house/flat. I would like to buy one, since I can afford to buy. Since I can't get a mortgage in the UK because I'm not a resident, would paying for a house/flat in London (or anywhere else in England) using cash be a quicker process. How long would it take to to purchase a house/flat in cash in the UK.
I would only be able to come to the UK for at most 3 weeks, so if the buying process of the London property takes 4 weeks, would I have to be in the UK during to whole buying process, or could I be in the United States during the the beginning and/or end of the process. In other words, could the buying process be done on the phone/ and or internet?
Again, the London property would be used for holidays for 2-3 weeks per year.
I am really curious!!!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Earthquake, so sad for Italy
- 2 Italy - Car Rental - CDW's and Insurance
- 3 3 days to spend in europe
- 4 Italy, transport from Assiso to Cita di castello
- 5 Guides - Matera
- 6 Celebrity Reflection Greek Island Cruise
- 7 4 Nights in London - Itinerary Details
- 8 Two weeks in Portugal in October
- 9 Europe Sim card help
- 10 England and Wales by public transport
- 11 Buying flowers in London?
- 12 First visit to France/Dordogne
- 13 Amsterdam for 5 days - HELP
- 14 Vienna →Melk → Durnstein → Krems: details, details…
- 15 1 week in winter. Where to go?
- 16 Second thoughts on Lucerne as base
- 17 Amsterdam or any other city near London/Paris
- 18 What am I missing: Amsterdam
- 19 Dordogne and Loire Valley
- 20 To do afternoon of arrival in London
- 21 MiFi in Italy
- 22 Spanish leather -- women's leather vest
- 23 One quick week -- where in France?
- 24 15+ days in Sicily -- first crack at itinerary
- 25 Spain Itinerary Help