I am a U.S. citizen who is retired and planning on buying a holiday house/flat somewhere in England. I would be going to England on a tourist visa.
My original plan was to buy a house in Liverpool. After all of the comments about having a holiday house in Liverpool, however, I decided that I want to buy a house or flat in London, since it probably has less crime. I do not want to rent a house/flat. I would like to buy one, since I can afford to buy. Since I can't get a mortgage in the UK because I'm not a resident, would paying for a house/flat in London (or anywhere else in England) using cash be a quicker process. How long would it take to to purchase a house/flat in cash in the UK.
I would only be able to come to the UK for at most 3 weeks, so if the buying process of the London property takes 4 weeks, would I have to be in the UK during to whole buying process, or could I be in the United States during the the beginning and/or end of the process. In other words, could the buying process be done on the phone/ and or internet?
Again, the London property would be used for holidays for 2-3 weeks per year.
I am really curious!!!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 2 Planning a Trip to Greece
- 3 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 4 Seeking Andalusia itinerary recommendation
- 5 Train tickets, Swiss pass or eurail
- 6 Relais Il Canalicchio
- 7 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 8 Oporto
- 9 No Periods in British Written English!
- 10 Sao Miguel, Azores
- 11 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 12 Perugia
- 13 CDG Meeting Point Help
- 14 Lunch stop in Cinque Terre
- 15 Seville- Ronda drive time
- 16 Ronda Wine/biking
- 17 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 18 St Denis Cathedral
- 19 Mantova, Ravenna, Ferrara fall 2017?
- 20 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 21 First Trip from Boston to Italy
- 22 Andalucia itinerary help
- 23 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 24 Doumo to Lampugnano bus station
- 25 Mayrhofen August with nearly 5 year old and 5 months old?