I am a U.S. citizen who is retired and planning on buying a holiday house/flat somewhere in England. I would be going to England on a tourist visa.
My original plan was to buy a house in Liverpool. After all of the comments about having a holiday house in Liverpool, however, I decided that I want to buy a house or flat in London, since it probably has less crime. I do not want to rent a house/flat. I would like to buy one, since I can afford to buy. Since I can't get a mortgage in the UK because I'm not a resident, would paying for a house/flat in London (or anywhere else in England) using cash be a quicker process. How long would it take to to purchase a house/flat in cash in the UK.
I would only be able to come to the UK for at most 3 weeks, so if the buying process of the London property takes 4 weeks, would I have to be in the UK during to whole buying process, or could I be in the United States during the the beginning and/or end of the process. In other words, could the buying process be done on the phone/ and or internet?
Again, the London property would be used for holidays for 2-3 weeks per year.
I am really curious!!!!
USA citizen owning a house/flat in London, England
- 1 What size luggage?
- 2 Swiss visit - Mürren for Berner Oberland and Chur? Sargans? for Engadin hub
- 3 Help planning a shore excursion in Helsinki
- 4 Help with itenerary
- 5 Beatiful place near Aix-en-Provence or not too far from St Paul de Vence
- 6 Clifden Ireland, farm or stable lodging
- 7 Solo Female First Time Traveler - Scared to Death
- 8 To Madrid/Barcelona on Sunday! 8 Qs to help make the trip amazing
- 9 Train from Amsterdam to Bruges
- 10 Odessa--7 km bazaar
- 11 Phone in europe
- 12 Brive - drop off point for Avis
- 13 Ghent Alterpiece Moved?
- 14 HELP stuck in Italy
- 15 What the heck- purchased italian train tickets for wrong date!
- 16 Shopping in France for the larger than average...
- 17 Lake Como & Venice - must sees, dos and eats??
- 18 I Need To Vent!
- 19 Rome weather forecast right now-is anyone there?
- 20 2 Week Italy Honeymoon Itinerary Review
- 21 charming small French city for weeklong stay?
- 22 jungfraujoch mid june
- 23 Turkey to Greece: Rental Car ?s
- 24 Scotland. Cawdor Castle , Inverness
- 25 Train from London to Edinburgh