I am a U.S. citizen who is retired and planning on buying a holiday house/flat somewhere in England. I would be going to England on a tourist visa.
My original plan was to buy a house in Liverpool. After all of the comments about having a holiday house in Liverpool, however, I decided that I want to buy a house or flat in London, since it probably has less crime. I do not want to rent a house/flat. I would like to buy one, since I can afford to buy. Since I can't get a mortgage in the UK because I'm not a resident, would paying for a house/flat in London (or anywhere else in England) using cash be a quicker process. How long would it take to to purchase a house/flat in cash in the UK.
I would only be able to come to the UK for at most 3 weeks, so if the buying process of the London property takes 4 weeks, would I have to be in the UK during to whole buying process, or could I be in the United States during the the beginning and/or end of the process. In other words, could the buying process be done on the phone/ and or internet?
Again, the London property would be used for holidays for 2-3 weeks per year.
I am really curious!!!!
USA citizen owning a house/flat in London, England
- 1 3 nights in Bayeux, FRANCE...how to make the most of our days in winter?
- 2 Orvieto ro Pompei day trip in late December?
- 3 all white pottery shop near La Deniere Goutte Wine Shop
- 4 rent car / Munich
- 5 To Paris and Provence in June
- 6 Please help with this Switzerland/Italy itinerary
- 7 7 days in Andalucia
- 8 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 9 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 10 Hungary and Czech Republic
- 11 Madrid to Sevilla
- 12 Driving from Nice to Besancon, France
- 13 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 14 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 15 A full week in The Netherlands
- 16 San Sebastian and 2 day trips into France...lodging and places to see
- 17 Venice 3 days Itinerary.
- 18 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 19 Ireland in a week
- 20 Bus shuttle from MXP to Milan Centrale Station
- 21 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 22 Day Trips from Florence: Tours or On Our Own???
- 23 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 24 Confirming..."Buy train tickets the day of departure" advice....M/V/Rome
- 25 Going to Puglia, I hope