Spending 10 nights in Switzerland in early September -- booked first night in Lucerne trying to use points from US chain we frequent here on the road, nothing fancy. Reservations replied w/ "Warning: points only accepted from citizens of Germany, Austria, Luxembourg, Croatia, Slovenia, etc." -- What is this?? US Reservations could not explain, but this applied to Lucerne, Interlaken, Montreux hotels. Yes, I realize they are independently owned and operated, but if they list by this chain's name and derive customers therefrom, it would seem they would accept points from us USA citizens. Your experience?
US citizens, were your rewards points accepted at Swiss hotels?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Swiss pass or Individual tickets?
- 2 France Itinerary for 2 months: Please critique and advise!
- 3 3 Week Trip to Italy and Paris - Suggestions
- 4 Toulouse and beyond -
- 5 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip
- 6 itinerary help
- 7 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 8 What country would you pair with Turkey? Greece?
- 9 St Pancras to Holburn tube station
- 10 Scotland
- 11 Two days between St. Ives and London
- 12 Restaurant with a view - Florence
- 13 Can't choose between Seville and Granada!
- 14 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 15 Online hotel reservation sites reliable?
- 16 9 nights in Switzerland Help!Please.
- 17 Hotwire zones in Barcelona & London
- 18 Estonia Amber
- 19 7 days in Greece
- 20 French embassy schengen visa related questions
- 21 Location and amenities in Edinburgh, Scotland
- 22 7-8 days in Greece HELP!
- 23 Bergamo/Bellagio - suggestions?
- 24 Reims for a day
- 25 Questions - Planning a Family Trip to Greece this summer