Spending 10 nights in Switzerland in early September -- booked first night in Lucerne trying to use points from US chain we frequent here on the road, nothing fancy. Reservations replied w/ "Warning: points only accepted from citizens of Germany, Austria, Luxembourg, Croatia, Slovenia, etc." -- What is this?? US Reservations could not explain, but this applied to Lucerne, Interlaken, Montreux hotels. Yes, I realize they are independently owned and operated, but if they list by this chain's name and derive customers therefrom, it would seem they would accept points from us USA citizens. Your experience?
US citizens, were your rewards points accepted at Swiss hotels?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Need help with transfer from FCO To Vatican City
- 2 I was (partially) wrong about debit cards vs. cash
- 3 How do you organize yourself on vacation?
- 4 Scandinavian tour - first time!
- 5 Where in Europe would you go to escape midwestern winter?
- 6 Ghent or Paris?
- 7 Please help with itinerary...
- 8 Cooking classes in Paris - Cook n' with Class or La Cuisine?
- 9 last half day - Chinese garden or east side gallery?
- 10 Venice - boats on canals
- 11 September 2014 - Mykonos, Santorini, Athens!
- 12 Which area in Venice for 3 nights
- 13 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between
- 14 A Trip Report in Pictures - Ireland, E to W, S to N
- 15 Best regions/cities for good walks (not hiking)
- 16 Cambridge to Manchester, UK
- 17 There's no Place Like London: Part 1
- 18 Flat in London -- South Lambeth or Paddington?
- 19 Land tour o fGermany, Switzerland, Austria VS. river boat trip
- 20 ever rent an apartment after you get to a city?
- 21 Hotel Reccommendations: France, Germany, Italy
- 22 France: which maps?
- 23 Where to go for 3 nights in northern Italy
- 24 Where to spend two nights relatively near Malpensa? (*but not Milan!)
- 25 Paris - city hotel with easy access to Paris Nord Villepinte Expo?