I am a U.S. citizen who is planning on buying a house somewhere in Liverpool, England. I am a retired man and a huge Beatles fan and I know Liverpool is a city that is in a renaissance. The house would be used as a holiday house when I go to England on vacation for 2-3 weeks per year. I would go to England on a tourist visa during my visits.
Which district of Liverpool (Woolton, Allerton, West Derby, etc.) would be the best place for a U.S. citizen to buy a holiday house in? I want other people's opinions.
Also, if a tourist owned a house in Liverpool (or anywhere else in England), would he/she be refused entry into the UK? Would a UK border official find a tourist who owns a house suspicious of overstaying my tourist visa or working in the UK, even though I am retired? How do I prove I will not overstay my UK tourist visa and not work in the UK and what evidence should I bring?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain: general question about Mondays and museums
- 2 To Aeolians or Not? Please Critique our Sicily Itinerary for May/June
- 3 Skip the line tours of the Alhambra, Granada.
- 4 Give advice on Austria trip in the fall.....
- 5 Photo tours Zurich Lucern areas
- 6 Cordoba, Granada, Seville loop
- 7 Something to do with my mother-in-law in Madrid
- 8 I may be wrong....
- 9 Our Roman Holiday - 8 nights in the Eternal City
- 10 Driving from Madrid to Sevilla
- 11 Does Zurich have a hop on hop off bus system
- 12 Ireland Itinerary- biting off more than we can chew?
- 13 Cannobio/Lago Maggiore in October?
- 14 Cinque Terre, Florence, Venice
- 15 New notes and coins and death dates for old ones
- 16 Trip to Czech Republic, Austria and Italy
- 17 Travel from Florence, Italy to Munich, Germany
- 18 French Wedding
- 19 Cornwall UK
- 20 Help with Transportation Options in London
- 21 Photo tours in Amsterdam
- 22 Porto...Questions !
- 23 Tours through Spain and Portugal
- 24 12 days in Western Sicily in April 2017 - itinerary questions
- 25 Charming areas to explore in London