I am a U.S. citizen who is planning on buying a house somewhere in Liverpool, England. I am a retired man and a huge Beatles fan and I know Liverpool is a city that is in a renaissance. The house would be used as a holiday house when I go to England on vacation for 2-3 weeks per year. I would go to England on a tourist visa during my visits.
Which district of Liverpool (Woolton, Allerton, West Derby, etc.) would be the best place for a U.S. citizen to buy a holiday house in? I want other people's opinions.
Also, if a tourist owned a house in Liverpool (or anywhere else in England), would he/she be refused entry into the UK? Would a UK border official find a tourist who owns a house suspicious of overstaying my tourist visa or working in the UK, even though I am retired? How do I prove I will not overstay my UK tourist visa and not work in the UK and what evidence should I bring?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 2 Vienna, Austria for 5 days in early June
- 3 IRELAND Magical Time-lapse Mediation of County Kerry Ireland
- 4 Madrid and Granada in Jan
- 5 Full day in Sintra..what to focus on
- 6 Six Nights (and days) in the Marais
- 7 Another tipping question: concierges
- 8 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 9 Barcelona - How much Gaudi?
- 10 Ideas for small group tour - Southern Spain
- 11 Spain in July
- 12 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 13 Acropolis Athens
- 14 Help!! 2 week Europe trip with 6 year old daughter in December!!
- 15 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 16 Travel options from Budapest to Zagreb
- 17 Paris + Amsterdam: where to stay
- 18 Ferry - Dubrovnik to Bari - Cabins
- 19 We're here!
- 20 5 days near Munich, Germany in late-May
- 21 Trip Ideas
- 22 Versailles tour with evening light show
- 23 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 24 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 25 SOUTH OF FRANCE / ITALY ITINERARY SUGGESTIONS