I am a U.S. citizen who is planning on buying a house somewhere in Liverpool, England. I am a retired man and a huge Beatles fan and I know Liverpool is a city that is in a renaissance. The house would be used as a holiday house when I go to England on vacation for 2-3 weeks per year. I would go to England on a tourist visa during my visits.
Which district of Liverpool (Woolton, Allerton, West Derby, etc.) would be the best place for a U.S. citizen to buy a holiday house in? I want other people's opinions.
Also, if a tourist owned a house in Liverpool (or anywhere else in England), would he/she be refused entry into the UK? Would a UK border official find a tourist who owns a house suspicious of overstaying my tourist visa or working in the UK, even though I am retired? How do I prove I will not overstay my UK tourist visa and not work in the UK and what evidence should I bring?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Edinbrugh
- 2 Berlin to ?
- 3 Riviera di Ponente in mid October
- 4 Hotels in Turin
- 5 Help on ancient history route
- 6 Where Would You? (1 random night in Dec btwn Bologna and Montepulciano)
- 7 Studying art in English in venice
- 8 Iphone 6 usage in multiple European Countries
- 9 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 10 Konigsee or Wolfgangsee for a stay of 3 days ?
- 11 15 days in Croatia - Advise Needed
- 12 Forte dei Marmi - must see/do list
- 13 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 14 Forte dei Marmi with kids.....
- 15 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 16 3 days solo in London
- 17 Chania
- 18 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 19 Day hikes in Switzerland
- 20 Greek Mainland Itinerary
- 21 Croatia itinerary - need advice
- 22 What Can We Do to Help A Refugee Family in France?
- 23 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 24 May Honeymoon in Sorrento?
- 25 Swiss Pass vs Half Fare Card??