I am a U.S. citizen who is planning on buying a house somewhere in Liverpool, England. I am a retired man and a huge Beatles fan and I know Liverpool is a city that is in a renaissance. The house would be used as a holiday house when I go to England on vacation for 2-3 weeks per year. I would go to England on a tourist visa during my visits.
Which district of Liverpool (Woolton, Allerton, West Derby, etc.) would be the best place for a U.S. citizen to buy a holiday house in? I want other people's opinions.
Also, if a tourist owned a house in Liverpool (or anywhere else in England), would he/she be refused entry into the UK? Would a UK border official find a tourist who owns a house suspicious of overstaying my tourist visa or working in the UK, even though I am retired? How do I prove I will not overstay my UK tourist visa and not work in the UK and what evidence should I bring?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Proposed itinerary for Iceland
- 2 Accommodation referrals Trieste, Gorizia and Cormons
- 3 First Trip from Boston to Italy
- 4 Praiano
- 5 Rouen Tour Companies
- 6 5 days in the Morvan (Burgundy)
- 7 UK itinerary advice (family of 4)
- 8 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 9 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 10 Ireland itinerary help please
- 11 Dublin or Amsterdam?
- 12 Ronda Wine/biking
- 13 3 weeks in London, Cornwall and a tiny piece of Wales
- 14 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 15 No Periods in British Written English!
- 16 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 17 Perugia
- 18 Sicily-Driving from Taormina to Cefalu
- 19 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 20 Ireland road trip in June: Where to stop?
- 21 Favorite restaurants, Florence
- 22 Areas in Milan
- 23 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 24 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 25 3-days Athens Itinerary, thoughts? Starting this Wednesday!