I am a U.S. citizen who is planning on buying a house somewhere in Liverpool, England. I am a retired man and a huge Beatles fan and I know Liverpool is a city that is in a renaissance. The house would be used as a holiday house when I go to England on vacation for 2-3 weeks per year. I would go to England on a tourist visa during my visits.
Which district of Liverpool (Woolton, Allerton, West Derby, etc.) would be the best place for a U.S. citizen to buy a holiday house in? I want other people's opinions.
Also, if a tourist owned a house in Liverpool (or anywhere else in England), would he/she be refused entry into the UK? Would a UK border official find a tourist who owns a house suspicious of overstaying my tourist visa or working in the UK, even though I am retired? How do I prove I will not overstay my UK tourist visa and not work in the UK and what evidence should I bring?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London Theater
- 2 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 3 Switzerland in September
- 4 London: Big Ben- Last Call for 4 Years...
- 5 Salzburg itinerary review
- 6 Itinerary Germany 9/10 - 9/24/17
- 7 Mid-late Oct in Slovenia?
- 8 weekend from cologne germany
- 9 UK or France or elsewhere, July 2018, good price from west coast?
- 10 Christmas - New Year Holiday
- 11 Uber in Rome & Lisbon
- 12 Last minute trip to Capri
- 13 AMS Car Rental
- 14 Spring in Spain: Crawling up Mallorca; Pushing Through Toledo
- 15 Only 3 days: Asturias or French Basque?
- 16 My final Prague itinerary
- 17 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 18 test post
- 19 Last minute trip to Germany and Switzerland
- 20 One week in Europe
- 21 Positano or Sorrento?
- 22 multi city flights to europe
- 23 Lyon airport hotel or downtown + taxi
- 24 Sweet villages to base in La Rioja
- 25 Help with my trip to Paris and London