We were supposed to be on a flight from chicago to brussels last evening, and it got cancelled. Now, there is a chance that united (which I will never ever use again) is putting us on a flight to amsterdam tonight (after 24 hours lost) and there is no connecting flight from amsterdam to brussels within next 4 hours.
So, I am thinking about getting off in amsterdam and spending a day there and then drive to germany. Since the begining of our trip to bruges is already screwed, I may entirely skip belgium and rather spend two days between amsterdam and germany (near monschau).
Please help me find a hotel where I can stay with two young kids (two adults and two kids) for a night without going way over budgent (around 200 dollars max?) and something that's easily accesiable using public transportation. We land there on friday at 9 am, and will try to leave the next day around noon. We have rented a car starting satursday noon from the airport.
Since we were not going to amsterdam - i have not done any research on what to do and where to go. Please help me figure out how to spend about 24 hours there with two kids.
Many thanks in advance. I will be looking here for tip the mement I have access to internet.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Emergencies in Ireland
- 2 Antibes or Villefranche-sur-Mer?
- 3 Emergencies in Ireland
- 4 Krakow Day Trips - Renting a car vs. Taking a tour
- 5 Paris Hotels Left Bank Thread
- 6 Summer 2016: Little details I worried about – and need not have
- 7 Which cities are a must in Croatia, Bosnia&Herzegovina and Montenegro?
- 8 Driving in Corwall-The Nitty Gritty
- 9 Warsaw Pollution Reaches Record Highs...
- 10 Paris/Loire Valley than ?
- 11 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 12 3 weeks in Spain
- 13 4 days itinerary for France
- 14 ISO help planning a trip to England in May
- 15 Rent a car in England
- 16 tours/attractions worth paying for in Prague/Vienna/Budapest/Krakow
- 17 Can No Longer o a Road Trip in Europe - what's a better train trip?
- 18 EuropeTravel-Trivia Quiz #152
- 19 Iceland Itinerary Help
- 20 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 21 South of France - 7 Days - April
- 22 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 23 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 24 2017 Easter in Italy
- 25 Iceland Trip Report: 9 Days in May - non Ring Road!