We were supposed to be on a flight from chicago to brussels last evening, and it got cancelled. Now, there is a chance that united (which I will never ever use again) is putting us on a flight to amsterdam tonight (after 24 hours lost) and there is no connecting flight from amsterdam to brussels within next 4 hours.
So, I am thinking about getting off in amsterdam and spending a day there and then drive to germany. Since the begining of our trip to bruges is already screwed, I may entirely skip belgium and rather spend two days between amsterdam and germany (near monschau).
Please help me find a hotel where I can stay with two young kids (two adults and two kids) for a night without going way over budgent (around 200 dollars max?) and something that's easily accesiable using public transportation. We land there on friday at 9 am, and will try to leave the next day around noon. We have rented a car starting satursday noon from the airport.
Since we were not going to amsterdam - i have not done any research on what to do and where to go. Please help me figure out how to spend about 24 hours there with two kids.
Many thanks in advance. I will be looking here for tip the mement I have access to internet.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Acorn TV
- 2 Transportation from Brno train station
- 3 Spain in July
- 4 Paris day trips August
- 5 Paris to Orly Airport Public Transport
- 6 Where to enjoy Paris
- 7 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 8 Athens
- 9 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 10 Intercity Notte training boarding time
- 11 Wimbledon Debenture tickets
- 12 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 13 Rare Curiosity-Piquing Photos From Rome + Thank You
- 14 FOCUS ON FRANCE: Paris and South of France
- 15 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 16 Itinerary check for Sicily, please!!
- 17 4 Days in Amalfi in April - Without a car??
- 18 Venice, Florence - too many museums.
- 19 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 20 We're here!
- 21 10 days in Paris and......
- 22 AIR BERLIN SALE
- 23 Moving to Italy
- 24 Sardinia-too busy early/mid July??
- 25 WB Harry Potter Studios Sold Out