We were supposed to be on a flight from chicago to brussels last evening, and it got cancelled. Now, there is a chance that united (which I will never ever use again) is putting us on a flight to amsterdam tonight (after 24 hours lost) and there is no connecting flight from amsterdam to brussels within next 4 hours.
So, I am thinking about getting off in amsterdam and spending a day there and then drive to germany. Since the begining of our trip to bruges is already screwed, I may entirely skip belgium and rather spend two days between amsterdam and germany (near monschau).
Please help me find a hotel where I can stay with two young kids (two adults and two kids) for a night without going way over budgent (around 200 dollars max?) and something that's easily accesiable using public transportation. We land there on friday at 9 am, and will try to leave the next day around noon. We have rented a car starting satursday noon from the airport.
Since we were not going to amsterdam - i have not done any research on what to do and where to go. Please help me figure out how to spend about 24 hours there with two kids.
Many thanks in advance. I will be looking here for tip the mement I have access to internet.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Well with itinerary North East Italy (again please!)
- 2 How many nights in Verona and Bologna?
- 3 Route/guide book request for Italy
- 4 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 5 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 6 Italy/Croatia Potential Itinerary Advice?
- 7 New York Kennedy to Rome Fiumicino Airport Terminals Clarification
- 8 https://thebeautysystem.com/secret-allure-cream
- 9 Comments on locations/sestieri, please
- 10 Semana Santa Other than Sevilla
- 11 Italy and Croatia in 20 days - I need a rough itinerary please
- 12 who is in amsterdam?
- 13 3 weeks in Central/Eastern Europe
- 14 3 nights Santorini suggestions with a child- is akrotiri a good location?
- 15 Day Planning Help Required ..
- 16 Looking for suggestions car trip starting Amsterdam to nice
- 17 GERMANY, MID-RHINE & MUNICH
- 18 'Brellies on "Standby." Dublin!
- 19 Path of the Gods / Amalfi coast
- 20 Help / Day Planning Required ...
- 21 Southern Croatia and side trips itinerary recommendations
- 22 Restaurant recommendations for lunch in Rouen?
- 23 Paris Skip the Lines deals ...
- 24 Connecting flight time in Europe
- 25 Travel by car from Venice to Croatia