We were supposed to be on a flight from chicago to brussels last evening, and it got cancelled. Now, there is a chance that united (which I will never ever use again) is putting us on a flight to amsterdam tonight (after 24 hours lost) and there is no connecting flight from amsterdam to brussels within next 4 hours.
So, I am thinking about getting off in amsterdam and spending a day there and then drive to germany. Since the begining of our trip to bruges is already screwed, I may entirely skip belgium and rather spend two days between amsterdam and germany (near monschau).
Please help me find a hotel where I can stay with two young kids (two adults and two kids) for a night without going way over budgent (around 200 dollars max?) and something that's easily accesiable using public transportation. We land there on friday at 9 am, and will try to leave the next day around noon. We have rented a car starting satursday noon from the airport.
Since we were not going to amsterdam - i have not done any research on what to do and where to go. Please help me figure out how to spend about 24 hours there with two kids.
Many thanks in advance. I will be looking here for tip the mement I have access to internet.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)
- 2 2 Weeks in France: Rouen, Normandy, Dordogne and the Loire Valley
- 3 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 4 Jamikins and Bikerscott do Le Marche (Again)
- 5 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 6 Paris to Switzerland to Venice in 2 weeks?
- 7 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 8 Suggestions for fall trip to Brittany
- 9 Amalfi Coast/Sorrento-which town?
- 10 Help with tips in UK
- 11 Provence Hotel and Flights
- 12 Positano Hotel in September
- 13 Advice needed re CDW for car rental in Ireland/N. Ireland
- 14 Paris experts- hotel near train ?
- 15 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 16 Sardinia, Sardegna, Cerdena, tomatoe, tomato, tomate
- 17 Andalucia Spain
- 18 Valencia Spain
- 19 Private car transportation from FCO to Central Rome
- 20 Coastal daytrip from Dartmoor Park
- 21 Long Train Runnin' through the Alps (Switzerland 2016)
- 22 Paris in August
- 23 Getting around London
- 24 HELP: 3rd trip to France - where should I go?
- 25 The DCC scam is spreading