What do you say about my planning?
I am taking my car from Rhodes, going to Marmaris and driving a sercular route to Didim -> Selcuk (Efessos), ->Pamukkale, ->Antalya, ->Kas, ->Fethye and back to Marmaris. All this in 7 days!!! Is it possible?
I am planning to stay 1 night at Didim, 1 night at Selcuk, 1 night at Pamukkale, 2 nights in Antalya and two nights either in Kas or Fethiye.
What do you think about it?
Also I'd like to tell me about the working hours of the sights in Pamukkale. What time they open? Will they be open late in the evening? I want to visit the place on sunset, because of the better lanscape colors, the better temperatures and the long driving from Selcuk (combined with a possible visit to Afrodisias - really can I manage both? If the sites in Pamukkale close early, should I skip Afrodisias and head straight to Pam?)
What about the route from Denizli to Antalya? Has anyone done it? It seems long, difficult (in a high altitude) and rather monotonus. How long it takes to Antalya?
Has anyone visited Termessos near Antalya? Should I go there?
From Antalya to Marmaris I haven't planned anything specific. So, any suggestion for this part of my journey will be much appriciated.
And I cannot stand the Summer heat!!!
So, all the visits will have to be held early in the morning or in the evening (provided the sites will be open - Afrodisias will be an exception to that I suppose)
Thank you for your time!!!
Urgent!!! Going to Turkey in 2 days! Need advise about my itenary
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Innsbruck or Interlaken/Jungfrau for winter activities in May
- 2 London, Vienna, Prague Trip Report -- Part 5 First Full Day in Vienna
- 3 Train from Barcelona-Saints to Estacio de Franca
- 4 London, Vienna, Prague Trip Report -- Part 4 First Evening in Vienna
- 5 hotel near Tivoli Gardens in Copenhagen
- 6 Three weeks in Italy with a two-year old
- 7 Paris or Rome in March or possibly September/October
- 8 Monet's Giverny
- 9 10 nights in Southern Spain: Itinerary & Questions
- 10 Cookware in France
- 11 Vespa Tour - Florence
- 12 apartment
- 13 Biking from The Hague to Rotterdam
- 14 Possible London GTG between April 28/May1
- 15 Vaucluse Lavander
- 16 Recommended drivers for Tuscany
- 17 Tuscany-private driver for hire?
- 18 Pilgrim Churches of the Llyn Peninsula
- 19 Taxi from CDG to Paris for 4. Cost?
- 20 English language info/site for Belgium bus services
- 21 Powerscourt OR Glendalough?
- 22 Switzerland - where to for this trip?
- 23 Ireland train system: first class??
- 24 Anciet Brits Were Cannibals
- 25 Welltravbrit's London Sojourn - An Ongoing Trip Report