What do you say about my planning?
I am taking my car from Rhodes, going to Marmaris and driving a sercular route to Didim -> Selcuk (Efessos), ->Pamukkale, ->Antalya, ->Kas, ->Fethye and back to Marmaris. All this in 7 days!!! Is it possible?
I am planning to stay 1 night at Didim, 1 night at Selcuk, 1 night at Pamukkale, 2 nights in Antalya and two nights either in Kas or Fethiye.
What do you think about it?
Also I'd like to tell me about the working hours of the sights in Pamukkale. What time they open? Will they be open late in the evening? I want to visit the place on sunset, because of the better lanscape colors, the better temperatures and the long driving from Selcuk (combined with a possible visit to Afrodisias - really can I manage both? If the sites in Pamukkale close early, should I skip Afrodisias and head straight to Pam?)
What about the route from Denizli to Antalya? Has anyone done it? It seems long, difficult (in a high altitude) and rather monotonus. How long it takes to Antalya?
Has anyone visited Termessos near Antalya? Should I go there?
From Antalya to Marmaris I haven't planned anything specific. So, any suggestion for this part of my journey will be much appriciated.
And I cannot stand the Summer heat!!!
So, all the visits will have to be held early in the morning or in the evening (provided the sites will be open - Afrodisias will be an exception to that I suppose)
Thank you for your time!!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London/Edinburgh in a few weeks, what should I get done ahead of time?
- 2 Another Question re Scotland
- 3 Place to stay
- 4 Milan to Chamonix by bus
- 5 Charming areas to explore in London
- 6 Transport from palace of versailles to Grand Trianon
- 7 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
- 8 Our Roman Holiday - 8 nights in the Eternal City
- 9 Nowhere 'safe' : London attack
- 10 9 days in Eastern Sicily
- 11 Weird trip - more time in A&E than sightseeing
- 12 After the Cinque Terre and before Genoa
- 13 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 14 8-Week Itinerary in Europe (for my 40th Birthday)
- 15 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 16 2 weeks from southern italy
- 17 Italy trip with kids - planning help?
- 18 Puglia: A question about eating @ a masseria
- 19 travel around Spain
- 20 Guide books for Eastern Europe
- 21 Paris drinks/dinner GTG April?
- 22 A base for 5 days in Western Denmark
- 23 credit and debit cards
- 24 Where to stay in Umbria
- 25 Mosel & Ahr wine tasting visit for 4 nights
Urgent!!! Going to Turkey in 2 days! Need advise about my itenary