What do you say about my planning?
I am taking my car from Rhodes, going to Marmaris and driving a sercular route to Didim -> Selcuk (Efessos), ->Pamukkale, ->Antalya, ->Kas, ->Fethye and back to Marmaris. All this in 7 days!!! Is it possible?
I am planning to stay 1 night at Didim, 1 night at Selcuk, 1 night at Pamukkale, 2 nights in Antalya and two nights either in Kas or Fethiye.
What do you think about it?
Also I'd like to tell me about the working hours of the sights in Pamukkale. What time they open? Will they be open late in the evening? I want to visit the place on sunset, because of the better lanscape colors, the better temperatures and the long driving from Selcuk (combined with a possible visit to Afrodisias - really can I manage both? If the sites in Pamukkale close early, should I skip Afrodisias and head straight to Pam?)
What about the route from Denizli to Antalya? Has anyone done it? It seems long, difficult (in a high altitude) and rather monotonus. How long it takes to Antalya?
Has anyone visited Termessos near Antalya? Should I go there?
From Antalya to Marmaris I haven't planned anything specific. So, any suggestion for this part of my journey will be much appriciated.
And I cannot stand the Summer heat!!!
So, all the visits will have to be held early in the morning or in the evening (provided the sites will be open - Afrodisias will be an exception to that I suppose)
Thank you for your time!!!
Urgent!!! Going to Turkey in 2 days! Need advise about my itenary
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Swiss decisions
- 2 Europe in June with 8-year old
- 3 Greece with 10yr old who wants to re-live Greek mythology
- 4 More time in Colmar/Strasbourg vs a day for Reims or Chartes
- 5 A week in spain
- 6 One night somewhere between Zurich and Geneva
- 7 Family trip to France with kids
- 8 10-12 nights in Switzerland and France
- 9 Where to honeymoon in Southern France and Northern Italy?
- 10 Alhambra tickets for May?
- 11 Help - Train: Florence to Salerno & Ferry: Salerno to Positano
- 12 Paris Shopping - stationery, linens, hats, kitchen stuff
- 13 The Train In Spain And Maybe Take A Plane?
- 14 Looking for Decent Beach near Marseille, France
- 15 Buying Louis Vuitton Handbag
- 16 Time to get lowest airfare to Norway
- 17 Please help me plan my trip!
- 18 Medieval Dinner other than Bunratty
- 19 Vienna and Prague or Venice/Sienna/Rome for honeymoon?
- 20 Tedgale trip report: One glorious week in London, February, 2015
- 21 Northwestern Switzerland Fall 2014
- 22 where to stay in Lake Como in mid-May?
- 23 Europe Quiz: Wednesday # 68 - Jews in Europe
- 24 Car Rental in Iceland
- 25 Backpacking Europe (3-4 Weeks)