I am doing some last minute planning for next week in Italy. I've been wanting to do a cooking vacation in Italy for long, but had completely dismissed it for this last minute trip thinking people must be booking such cooking vacations months in advance!
By stroke of luck, I have managed to get couple of options for few days stay and hands on cooking classes! This post is about 'Fontana Del Papa'. It is situated near Circumvecchia, an hour or so from Rome.
I came to know about this cooking school / B&B through googling, not a personal reference.
Their website is http://www.cookitaly.it/week.htm. It seems they're a small set up run by a couple and their 3 young adult children. They claim to have restored a ruined farmhouse in the past and it has over 500 olive trees; and now have their 5 room B&B where they also undertake cooking classes.
The proprietor Assuntina is open to an itinerary of few vegetarian Italian cooking classes considering my dietary constraints, in which stay would be at their family home where they run the B&B.
I did a reference check on the internet. Most reviews are glowing, some of those gave the disclaimer that articles were written after complimentary stay. Most reviews on tripadvisor are great except 2 of them which seem to be horror stories. http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g796934-d623460-Reviews-Fontana_del_Papa-Tolfa_Province_of_Rome_Lazio.html
If any of you have taken cooking classes with this school or have stayed in their B&B, please share your experience! It is very important to me and I'd appreciate your valuable feedback!
I had also posted regarding a different cooking school / B&B near Perugia requesting for reviews, but yet to get a response. It is here - http://www.fodors.com/community/europe/urgent-corte-del-poggio-perugia-cooking-school-info-req.cfm. I'm confused whether to go for this one or no, as I can't seem to find any online reviews or much mention of their experience! Hence I'm looking for another option!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Amsterdam hotels
- 2 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 3 Denmark or Sweden?
- 4 Croatia Itinerary Help
- 5 Trek through Eur
- 6 Car Rental in France (Insurance + Add'l Driver Questions?)
- 7 Europe itinerary questions
- 8 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 9 Italy Sept 26-Oct 6 2017
- 10 Paris hotels
- 11 London Hotels
- 12 Flying into Copenhagen (1st trip to Europe)
- 13 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 14 We're here!
- 15 Has anyone rented from Allinclusive! Rent a Car ?
- 16 Norway, Sweden, Denmark
- 17 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 18 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 19 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 20 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 21 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 22 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 23 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 24 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 25 Brugge hotel help