I am doing some last minute planning for next week in Italy. I've been wanting to do a cooking vacation in Italy for long, but had completely dismissed it for this last minute trip thinking people must be booking such cooking vacations months in advance!
By stroke of luck, I have managed to get couple of options for few days stay and hands on cooking classes! This post is about 'Fontana Del Papa'. It is situated near Circumvecchia, an hour or so from Rome.
I came to know about this cooking school / B&B through googling, not a personal reference.
Their website is http://www.cookitaly.it/week.htm. It seems they're a small set up run by a couple and their 3 young adult children. They claim to have restored a ruined farmhouse in the past and it has over 500 olive trees; and now have their 5 room B&B where they also undertake cooking classes.
The proprietor Assuntina is open to an itinerary of few vegetarian Italian cooking classes considering my dietary constraints, in which stay would be at their family home where they run the B&B.
I did a reference check on the internet. Most reviews are glowing, some of those gave the disclaimer that articles were written after complimentary stay. Most reviews on tripadvisor are great except 2 of them which seem to be horror stories. http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g796934-d623460-Reviews-Fontana_del_Papa-Tolfa_Province_of_Rome_Lazio.html
If any of you have taken cooking classes with this school or have stayed in their B&B, please share your experience! It is very important to me and I'd appreciate your valuable feedback!
I had also posted regarding a different cooking school / B&B near Perugia requesting for reviews, but yet to get a response. It is here - http://www.fodors.com/community/europe/urgent-corte-del-poggio-perugia-cooking-school-info-req.cfm. I'm confused whether to go for this one or no, as I can't seem to find any online reviews or much mention of their experience! Hence I'm looking for another option!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Greece mainland and islands
- 2 Uber in Rome & Lisbon
- 3 Montserrat, Spain - Sept 8 or Sept 10?
- 4 Lyon france-- rental car
- 5 Last minute trip to Germany and Switzerland
- 6 Switzerland in September
- 7 Greece - 8 days - Recommendations please!
- 8 Neuschwanstein Castle and Munich
- 9 London: Big Ben- Last Call for 4 Years...
- 10 Staying in Madrid for one night?
- 11 Tours vs solo travel (want to see as much as possible in 3-4 months)
- 12 Problem using American bank card in Turkey
- 13 Shorts in South of France?
- 14 milano trip
- 15 Only 3 days: Asturias or French Basque?
- 16 Milan and Lake Como
- 17 Ischia Earthquake/mobile wifi
- 18 What is the hostess gift you love to give or receive?
- 19 Pottery factory tour on Poland (?)
- 20 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 21 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 22 Greece mainland and islands for 3 weeks
- 23 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 24 Athens hotel with Acropolis view from room/balcony
- 25 Rome to Naples/Pompeii