I am doing some last minute planning for next week in Italy. I've been wanting to do a cooking vacation in Italy for long, but had completely dismissed it for this last minute trip thinking people must be booking such cooking vacations months in advance!
By stroke of luck, I have managed to get couple of options for few days stay and hands on cooking classes! This post is about 'Fontana Del Papa'. It is situated near Circumvecchia, an hour or so from Rome.
I came to know about this cooking school / B&B through googling, not a personal reference.
Their website is http://www.cookitaly.it/week.htm. It seems they're a small set up run by a couple and their 3 young adult children. They claim to have restored a ruined farmhouse in the past and it has over 500 olive trees; and now have their 5 room B&B where they also undertake cooking classes.
The proprietor Assuntina is open to an itinerary of few vegetarian Italian cooking classes considering my dietary constraints, in which stay would be at their family home where they run the B&B.
I did a reference check on the internet. Most reviews are glowing, some of those gave the disclaimer that articles were written after complimentary stay. Most reviews on tripadvisor are great except 2 of them which seem to be horror stories. http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g796934-d623460-Reviews-Fontana_del_Papa-Tolfa_Province_of_Rome_Lazio.html
If any of you have taken cooking classes with this school or have stayed in their B&B, please share your experience! It is very important to me and I'd appreciate your valuable feedback!
I had also posted regarding a different cooking school / B&B near Perugia requesting for reviews, but yet to get a response. It is here - http://www.fodors.com/community/europe/urgent-corte-del-poggio-perugia-cooking-school-info-req.cfm. I'm confused whether to go for this one or no, as I can't seem to find any online reviews or much mention of their experience! Hence I'm looking for another option!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First Trip from Boston to Italy
- 2 Ronda Wine/biking
- 3 How long from Heathrow to Isle of Wight
- 4 Best way from London to Gatwick these days?
- 5 Driving (hire car) in Paris, France, Belgium
- 6 Undisclsoed location
- 7 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 8 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 9 Budget for 8 weeks in europe
- 10 Looking for a unique 3 days in Venice
- 11 Can I do Stonehenge and Bath from Isle of Wight in 1 day?
- 12 Semana Santa Other than Sevilla
- 13 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 14 One Month in Italy - Where would you base yourself?
- 15 Italy bus or train
- 16 Favorite restaurants, Florence
- 17 Need help completing my itinerary. So Much to see!
- 18 Day trips to Windsor Castle and Hampton Court from London
- 19 Switzerland/Italy (2 weeks vacations)
- 20 Seeking Andalusia itinerary recommendation
- 21 Paris or Edinburgh - 3 days which to choose?
- 22 RV Camper Van in Scottish Highlands
- 23 Praiano
- 24 Wine tasting in Granada, Seville without driving
- 25 Aix-- looking for a few obscure ideas