I am doing some last minute planning for next week in Italy. I've been wanting to do a cooking vacation in Italy for long, but had completely dismissed it for this last minute trip thinking people must be booking such cooking vacations months in advance!
By stroke of luck, I have managed to get an option for few days stay and hands on cooking classes in 'Corte Del Poggio'. It is situated near Perugia, in the area of lake Trasimino.
I came to know about this cooking school through this link - http://www.umbriantravel.com/?page_id=714 (scroll down or else just click on this link which opens up http://www.italiandelights.co.uk/index.php/tours/gourmet-tours.html)
Their website is http://www.viadelsole.it/cooking/cortedelpoggio.html. It seems they're a small company run by few family members and they organise cooking, cycling tours within Umbria, Tuscany, etc. They claim to have run a successful restaurant in the past and now have their 2 room B&B where they also undertake cooking classes.
As this is last minute, I won't be joining a group. The proprietor Cristina has very sweetly crafted an itinerary of few vegetarian Italian cooking classes considering my dietary constraints, in which stay would be at their family home where they run the B&B. She has also offered to arrange for short visits to nearby towns!
I tried to do a reference check on the internet but sadly cannot find its reviews on tripadvisor, etc. If any of you have taken cooking classes with this school or have stayed in their B&B, please share your experience! It is very important to me and I'd appreciate your valuable feedback!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Romeloft Apartment Trastevere
- 2 Mon Dieu! The Cops Are After Me
- 3 New Law Regarding Vacation Rentals in Paris
- 4 5 Days in Switzerland
- 5 Ronda: cheap parking, where to find?
- 6 Korean Messages
- 7 Petrol in Greece
- 8 Another tipping question: concierges
- 9 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 10 Budapest in December 2017
- 11 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 12 4+ days in Lisbon over NYE, should we visit Sintra?
- 13 Barcelona - How much Gaudi?
- 14 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 15 London: Flaming June and Pirates of Penzeance!
- 16 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 17 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 18 Places to visit during a semester in Spain
- 19 H10 Urquinaona Hotel in Barcelona
- 20 Venice, Florence - too many museums.
- 21 Acropolis Athens
- 22 6-7 Days in France
- 23 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 24 We're here!
- 25 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
URGENT: Corte Del Poggio, Perugia Cooking School info req.