I am doing some last minute planning for next week in Italy. I've been wanting to do a cooking vacation in Italy for long, but had completely dismissed it for this last minute trip thinking people must be booking such cooking vacations months in advance!
By stroke of luck, I have managed to get an option for few days stay and hands on cooking classes in 'Corte Del Poggio'. It is situated near Perugia, in the area of lake Trasimino.
I came to know about this cooking school through this link - http://www.umbriantravel.com/?page_id=714 (scroll down or else just click on this link which opens up http://www.italiandelights.co.uk/index.php/tours/gourmet-tours.html)
Their website is http://www.viadelsole.it/cooking/cortedelpoggio.html. It seems they're a small company run by few family members and they organise cooking, cycling tours within Umbria, Tuscany, etc. They claim to have run a successful restaurant in the past and now have their 2 room B&B where they also undertake cooking classes.
As this is last minute, I won't be joining a group. The proprietor Cristina has very sweetly crafted an itinerary of few vegetarian Italian cooking classes considering my dietary constraints, in which stay would be at their family home where they run the B&B. She has also offered to arrange for short visits to nearby towns!
I tried to do a reference check on the internet but sadly cannot find its reviews on tripadvisor, etc. If any of you have taken cooking classes with this school or have stayed in their B&B, please share your experience! It is very important to me and I'd appreciate your valuable feedback!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 2 8 days in Ireland -- where to go??!!
- 3 Anyone have a pocket wifi for international travel?
- 4 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 5 Barcelona - places to stay
- 6 What's the hotel policy regarding bringing in guests to your room?
- 7 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 8 My delightful sampling of Switzerland’s gems, with many thanks
- 9 2 days in Amsterdam after river cruise
- 10 Bus Nice Airport to Frejus
- 11 Christmas Markets 2017
- 12 Language to use in Belgium
- 13 Private Ephesus Tour Companies
- 14 Istanbul at Easter
- 15 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 16 Palermo Apartment
- 17 Please help 21 day driving tour Wales & Southern England Sept 2017
- 18 SURPRISE TRIP
- 19 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 20 What's it like staying in a big agriturismo-like complex?
- 21 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 22 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition
- 23 Fado in Lisbon
- 24 Best way to get around Scotland w/out a rental car??
- 25 Switzerland for 2 weeks
URGENT: Corte Del Poggio, Perugia Cooking School info req.