I am doing some last minute planning for next week in Italy. I've been wanting to do a cooking vacation in Italy for long, but had completely dismissed it for this last minute trip thinking people must be booking such cooking vacations months in advance!
By stroke of luck, I have managed to get an option for few days stay and hands on cooking classes in 'Corte Del Poggio'. It is situated near Perugia, in the area of lake Trasimino.
I came to know about this cooking school through this link - http://www.umbriantravel.com/?page_id=714 (scroll down or else just click on this link which opens up http://www.italiandelights.co.uk/index.php/tours/gourmet-tours.html)
Their website is http://www.viadelsole.it/cooking/cortedelpoggio.html. It seems they're a small company run by few family members and they organise cooking, cycling tours within Umbria, Tuscany, etc. They claim to have run a successful restaurant in the past and now have their 2 room B&B where they also undertake cooking classes.
As this is last minute, I won't be joining a group. The proprietor Cristina has very sweetly crafted an itinerary of few vegetarian Italian cooking classes considering my dietary constraints, in which stay would be at their family home where they run the B&B. She has also offered to arrange for short visits to nearby towns!
I tried to do a reference check on the internet but sadly cannot find its reviews on tripadvisor, etc. If any of you have taken cooking classes with this school or have stayed in their B&B, please share your experience! It is very important to me and I'd appreciate your valuable feedback!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Engadine Valley help
- 2 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 3 Itinerary Help - One week between Sicily and Rome
- 4 Northern Italy 11 days Milan in/out
- 5 Andalusia March 2 - March 11 Barcelona to Lisbon
- 6 How much time to allow between arrival at CDG and train departure?
- 7 Honeymoon in Greece
- 8 Italy for Christmas Week
- 9 A Month stay in Southern France
- 10 Shoes in Scotland
- 11 Please recommend an honest car rental service in Romania
- 12 Enough time to make connection at CDG?
- 13 Question about Half Fare Cards
- 14 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
- 15 Train or car rental: Venice to Pisa
- 16 A Week In Athens - Trip Report
- 17 Portugal with large family
- 18 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 19 restaurants in Marais district
- 20 Sicily
- 21 Road trip from Barcelona to Rome (1st time in Europe)
- 22 Palazzo Ravizza or Il Battistero-Siena?
- 23 Guided Group Tour of Italy--opinions please
- 24 Help with Tuscany villa that is a walk to town/restaurants
- 25 Wedding in Ireland
URGENT: Corte Del Poggio, Perugia Cooking School info req.