I am doing some last minute planning for next week in Italy. I've been wanting to do a cooking vacation in Italy for long, but had completely dismissed it for this last minute trip thinking people must be booking such cooking vacations months in advance!
By stroke of luck, I have managed to get an option for few days stay and hands on cooking classes in 'Corte Del Poggio'. It is situated near Perugia, in the area of lake Trasimino.
I came to know about this cooking school through this link - http://www.umbriantravel.com/?page_id=714 (scroll down or else just click on this link which opens up http://www.italiandelights.co.uk/index.php/tours/gourmet-tours.html)
Their website is http://www.viadelsole.it/cooking/cortedelpoggio.html. It seems they're a small company run by few family members and they organise cooking, cycling tours within Umbria, Tuscany, etc. They claim to have run a successful restaurant in the past and now have their 2 room B&B where they also undertake cooking classes.
As this is last minute, I won't be joining a group. The proprietor Cristina has very sweetly crafted an itinerary of few vegetarian Italian cooking classes considering my dietary constraints, in which stay would be at their family home where they run the B&B. She has also offered to arrange for short visits to nearby towns!
I tried to do a reference check on the internet but sadly cannot find its reviews on tripadvisor, etc. If any of you have taken cooking classes with this school or have stayed in their B&B, please share your experience! It is very important to me and I'd appreciate your valuable feedback!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ideas for change in our Italian itinerary please
- 2 Feedback please on my itinerary Poland and Lithuania
- 3 Changing Planes at Fiumicino
- 4 Vaporetto ticket time questions
- 5 Should We Go to the French Riviera in August?
- 6 Amsterdam
- 7 Trip Report- UK Gardens in May
- 8 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz - Memorial Day Special
- 9 Avoid Europcar!
- 10 First Time in Ireland...Intinerary advice please
- 11 Transport Christmas and NYE
- 12 Europe Winter Itinerary
- 13 Train / Calabria
- 14 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 15 16 days in France and Italy
- 16 Sarlat & Surrounding Towns Restaurants
- 17 Hotels on st george beach naxos
- 18 Paris for children
- 19 Nice/Villefranche/Monaco
- 20 My Topic Title Edinburgh to Heathrow BA flight on Monday Question?
- 21 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 22 Train/car from Madrid to Toledo tomorrow
- 23 Proposed electronics ban and questions about my Kindle
- 24 Private Guide in Cordoba, Spain
- 25 Spain itinerary and railway advise
URGENT: Corte Del Poggio, Perugia Cooking School info req.