Being the unorganised teenager that I am, I have left it till the last minute to actually logically think about my spending budget for my trip to Paris.
Bit of background to set the scene - I'm 16 and from Scotland, travelling with two of my friends, aged 16 and 17. We are holidaying at one of their grandmother's house on the west coast of France and having a little city break to Paris, just us three. Our stay is in early July (yes I know it's very soon and I am pretty broke!)
* I have already booked and paid for my hotel, and transport INTO and OUT of Paris. *
What I want help with is how much should we budget for:
- intra-city transport
- food (breakfast is covered by our hotel)
- spending money
over the three day stay.
Obviously, I'm aware that the 'spending money' will differ depending on what we want to do. This includes the typical tourist attractions such as going up the Eiffel tower, having a boat ride on the Seine, and visiting the catacombs and maybe attending a cabaret show... Will this be possible as we are under 18?
A lot of the things we want to do are free though, such as visiting the Luxemburg gardens, the sacre coeur and walking down the champs-elysees.
A couple more things (congrats if you're still reading by the way) -
I'm a vegan. My English teacher told me this would be a problem for me as the French are big on not wasting food. However, I didn't imagine this being a problem in a diverse metropolitan city. I welcome any thoughts on this!!
Finally, we aren't planning on going crazy as we aren't big drinkers anyway, but will we be likely to get ID'd. I understand European countries outside of the UK are generally more relaxed, but am I right in thinking that cities are stricter?
Thank you all so so so much for reading. As I said, I'm leaving pretty soon and I'm actually going on holiday beforehand to Cologne (aaahh!!) so I have very little time to prepare. Lesson learnt I suppose...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 madrid-san sebastian-barcelona
- 2 Itinerary Advice London and Paris with 2 Adults 2 Children (7 and 8.5)
- 3 RV Camper Van in Scottish Highlands
- 4 Need help completing my itinerary. So Much to see!
- 5 Is there a Limit to time spent at Eiffel Tower
- 6 A week in Verona - day trip suggestions?
- 7 help with Italy itinerary
- 8 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 9 Venice
- 10 A new species of Homo Sapien??
- 11 Best way from London to Gatwick these days?
- 12 3 Weeks in Ireland - Itinerary help needed
- 13 Stresa (town), Italy - things to do?
- 14 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 15 Scotland and London 21 days
- 16 Major Ed van der Elsken show in Stedelijk Museum
- 17 Restaurant recommendations for lunch in Dijon?
- 18 8-9 day Paris-Amsterdam-Rome
- 19 16-17 days in Western Europe
- 20 Frustrated about Smolensk
- 21 Preliminary Scotland itinerary late September 2017
- 22 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 23 Capri in July
- 24 London Air Pollution Reaches Record Modern Highs...
- 25 Itinerary help Germany/Austria/Dolomites