Being the unorganised teenager that I am, I have left it till the last minute to actually logically think about my spending budget for my trip to Paris.
Bit of background to set the scene - I'm 16 and from Scotland, travelling with two of my friends, aged 16 and 17. We are holidaying at one of their grandmother's house on the west coast of France and having a little city break to Paris, just us three. Our stay is in early July (yes I know it's very soon and I am pretty broke!)
* I have already booked and paid for my hotel, and transport INTO and OUT of Paris. *
What I want help with is how much should we budget for:
- intra-city transport
- food (breakfast is covered by our hotel)
- spending money
over the three day stay.
Obviously, I'm aware that the 'spending money' will differ depending on what we want to do. This includes the typical tourist attractions such as going up the Eiffel tower, having a boat ride on the Seine, and visiting the catacombs and maybe attending a cabaret show... Will this be possible as we are under 18?
A lot of the things we want to do are free though, such as visiting the Luxemburg gardens, the sacre coeur and walking down the champs-elysees.
A couple more things (congrats if you're still reading by the way) -
I'm a vegan. My English teacher told me this would be a problem for me as the French are big on not wasting food. However, I didn't imagine this being a problem in a diverse metropolitan city. I welcome any thoughts on this!!
Finally, we aren't planning on going crazy as we aren't big drinkers anyway, but will we be likely to get ID'd. I understand European countries outside of the UK are generally more relaxed, but am I right in thinking that cities are stricter?
Thank you all so so so much for reading. As I said, I'm leaving pretty soon and I'm actually going on holiday beforehand to Cologne (aaahh!!) so I have very little time to prepare. Lesson learnt I suppose...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 2 Paris + Amsterdam: where to stay
- 3 Our Italian Honeymoon (first timers)
- 4 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 5 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 6 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 7 Choosing a hotel - Campo de' Fiori or Piazza Venezia?
- 8 Amalfi Coast - help!
- 9 3 weeks in Italy - Family of 4
- 10 Amsterdam and Germany 9 days
- 11 Reliable tour companies for day trips?
- 12 Novels about Spain and Spanish history
- 13 Brouhaha in Britain Over New 5 Pound Notes!
- 14 dining on the 25th in Dublin
- 15 London: Flaming June and Pirates of Penzeance!
- 16 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 17 Paris to Orly Airport Public Transport
- 18 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 19 We're here!
- 20 Acropolis Athens
- 21 Versailles
- 22 Where to enjoy Paris
- 23 Train help for Prague
- 24 AIR BERLIN SALE
- 25 Milan to Switzerland for skiing