Being the unorganised teenager that I am, I have left it till the last minute to actually logically think about my spending budget for my trip to Paris.
Bit of background to set the scene - I'm 16 and from Scotland, travelling with two of my friends, aged 16 and 17. We are holidaying at one of their grandmother's house on the west coast of France and having a little city break to Paris, just us three. Our stay is in early July (yes I know it's very soon and I am pretty broke!)
* I have already booked and paid for my hotel, and transport INTO and OUT of Paris. *
What I want help with is how much should we budget for:
- intra-city transport
- food (breakfast is covered by our hotel)
- spending money
over the three day stay.
Obviously, I'm aware that the 'spending money' will differ depending on what we want to do. This includes the typical tourist attractions such as going up the Eiffel tower, having a boat ride on the Seine, and visiting the catacombs and maybe attending a cabaret show... Will this be possible as we are under 18?
A lot of the things we want to do are free though, such as visiting the Luxemburg gardens, the sacre coeur and walking down the champs-elysees.
A couple more things (congrats if you're still reading by the way) -
I'm a vegan. My English teacher told me this would be a problem for me as the French are big on not wasting food. However, I didn't imagine this being a problem in a diverse metropolitan city. I welcome any thoughts on this!!
Finally, we aren't planning on going crazy as we aren't big drinkers anyway, but will we be likely to get ID'd. I understand European countries outside of the UK are generally more relaxed, but am I right in thinking that cities are stricter?
Thank you all so so so much for reading. As I said, I'm leaving pretty soon and I'm actually going on holiday beforehand to Cologne (aaahh!!) so I have very little time to prepare. Lesson learnt I suppose...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 바카라사이트＼【HOT424、COM】＼바카라베팅
- 2 Best of Norway
- 3 Spain: 16-17 day itinerary help please
- 4 Brussels, Belgium
- 5 Best GBP 250 Per Night London Hotel
- 6 Musée Erasme Anderlecht, Belgium
- 7 Help with Transportation Options in London
- 8 Where to stay in Sorrento/Positano area with family of 5?
- 9 Milan to Chamonix by bus
- 10 After the Cinque Terre and before Genoa
- 11 Need suggestions for great restaurants in Gstaad and the Bernese Oberland
- 12 Our Roman Holiday - 8 nights in the Eternal City
- 13 Unlimited Internet Poland and best place to visit?
- 14 Paris to Rothenburg ob der Tauber to Basel (Switzerland)
- 15 Train up the Jungfrau
- 16 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 17 Charming areas to explore in London
- 18 Help w/ 2-week itinerary to Switzerland w/ 7 yr old
- 19 London Itinerary - 4.5 days
- 20 8-Week Itinerary in Europe (for my 40th Birthday)
- 21 Lovely Luxembourg!
- 22 to get to the Rijks Museum from Schiphol - bus or train
- 23 Istria and northern Croatia OR Calabria and Sicily
- 24 Barcelona plus Montserrat plus Costa Brava plus San Sebastian in 9 days?
- 25 Prague End of May