Being the unorganised teenager that I am, I have left it till the last minute to actually logically think about my spending budget for my trip to Paris.
Bit of background to set the scene - I'm 16 and from Scotland, travelling with two of my friends, aged 16 and 17. We are holidaying at one of their grandmother's house on the west coast of France and having a little city break to Paris, just us three. Our stay is in early July (yes I know it's very soon and I am pretty broke!)
* I have already booked and paid for my hotel, and transport INTO and OUT of Paris. *
What I want help with is how much should we budget for:
- intra-city transport
- food (breakfast is covered by our hotel)
- spending money
over the three day stay.
Obviously, I'm aware that the 'spending money' will differ depending on what we want to do. This includes the typical tourist attractions such as going up the Eiffel tower, having a boat ride on the Seine, and visiting the catacombs and maybe attending a cabaret show... Will this be possible as we are under 18?
A lot of the things we want to do are free though, such as visiting the Luxemburg gardens, the sacre coeur and walking down the champs-elysees.
A couple more things (congrats if you're still reading by the way) -
I'm a vegan. My English teacher told me this would be a problem for me as the French are big on not wasting food. However, I didn't imagine this being a problem in a diverse metropolitan city. I welcome any thoughts on this!!
Finally, we aren't planning on going crazy as we aren't big drinkers anyway, but will we be likely to get ID'd. I understand European countries outside of the UK are generally more relaxed, but am I right in thinking that cities are stricter?
Thank you all so so so much for reading. As I said, I'm leaving pretty soon and I'm actually going on holiday beforehand to Cologne (aaahh!!) so I have very little time to prepare. Lesson learnt I suppose...
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Getting around London
- 2 10 days/2 kids/Munich and surrounding areas
- 3 Really true that US passport needs 6 months left to enter Schengen zone?
- 4 21, 18 and 6 year old trip to Europe
- 5 Lake Como,Italy
- 6 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 7 Provence Hotel and Flights
- 8 Traveling in Belgium
- 9 Europe's Most Famous Streets?
- 10 First trip to Paris! (and Amsterdam)
- 11 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 12 Train travel to and from Paris
- 13 International Drivers License for Sicily
- 14 2 Week Europe Itinerary
- 15 Paris to Switzerland to Venice in 2 weeks?
- 16 HELP: 3rd trip to France - where should I go?
- 17 Bruges, Ghent or Brussels?
- 18 Day Trip From Lisbon
- 19 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 20 Gtg's in Paris this summer ?
- 21 5 nights in Granada and Malaga - what combo?
- 22 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition
- 23 Language to use in Belgium
- 24 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)
- 25 Varenna to hotel near Milan airport