I was trying to figure this out on my own and realized that the only logical choice was to ask the Fodor experts!!!!!!!
We are flying through Madrid Barajas with a 5 hour layover, from 11 am until flight out at 4:30pm. I am traveling with my three teenagers. Two want to see Real Madrid football stadium ("from the outside"), and one wants to see the Guernica which is apparently now at the Reina Sophia museum.
Any possibility of doing this? I thought of taking a cab / maybe Aerocity / maybe pay for "express". But I don't know where the stadium is in relation to the museum? What do you think?
The Herman Family
3 Replies | Jump to last reply | Add a Reply
lincasanova on Mar 12, 13 at 05:04 AM leve kids at stadium. take cab to reina sophia. go back and pick up kids at stadium or café across the street ( been there, done that) and then taxi back to airport. if you have your boarding passes should be no problem if you arrive on time and do not dilly dally getting out of airport. I'd take same cab to stadium, have him wait a minute, get kids in line for tour and take him back to reina sofia.
Then you can catch a cab on opposite side of street when you leave reina sofia to be going right direction. The stadium is on the same street but a couple miles down the road with good airport access.
If you have extra time you can get a snack at that café where the boys will be waiting for you.
lincasanova on Mar 12, 13 at 05:05 AM Is your Barajas flight out domestic/european or international to the USA?
gidlaurie on Mar 12, 13 at 07:02 AM Thank you for your fast reply! We fly in and out of terminal 4S. I think that is International (coming from Israel, flying to New York). The idea of leaving them or some of them for the stadium tour is a great one! They are 16 so I think they would be fine with that! I am so excited that the 2 places they want to see are at least close to the airport and to each other. It must be a good sign! Thanks again.
Do you think I should arrange a cab in advance to take us from the airport, or arrange it when we arrive? Also, do you know approximately what the cab should cost in each direction?
Urgent Advice on Madrid Needed! Is this possible in 5 hours?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How much will a budget to Europe be for 2 months?
- 2 Flying in and out of Zurich - stay there the entire time?
- 3 Connection - Frankfurt airport to Mannheim HBF to SNCF
- 4 Need ideas for a Christmas 2014 holiday vacation?
- 5 Fashion for larger man?
- 6 car rental advice in Portugal
- 7 How much time to allow between flights at Athens airport?
- 8 Fjords, How To?
- 9 travel from Edinburgh to Paris
- 10 Athens-Paros-Santorini Trip Itinerary
- 11 Duoro river cruises
- 12 What to wear
- 13 London & Cotswold or Prague & Amsterdam
- 14 Geneva - Basel driver/tour/transfer
- 15 Budget for 3 Month's
- 16 Side trip from Nice to wine country suggestions
- 17 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 18 Normandy, Brittany and Loire Valley in May - please help with itinerary
- 19 Malmaison - how to get there from Paris
- 20 Suggestions for trip to England with preteen girls 11 & 13?
- 21 Hotel recommendations for Trieste
- 22 Traveling in France by train
- 23 Ideas for Scotland trip
- 24 CRETE - Rethymnon area or Chania area ??
- 25 Tipping in Turkey ...and Europe