I was trying to figure this out on my own and realized that the only logical choice was to ask the Fodor experts!!!!!!!
We are flying through Madrid Barajas with a 5 hour layover, from 11 am until flight out at 4:30pm. I am traveling with my three teenagers. Two want to see Real Madrid football stadium ("from the outside"), and one wants to see the Guernica which is apparently now at the Reina Sophia museum.
Any possibility of doing this? I thought of taking a cab / maybe Aerocity / maybe pay for "express". But I don't know where the stadium is in relation to the museum? What do you think?
The Herman Family
3 Replies | Jump to last reply | Add a Reply
lincasanova on Mar 12, 13 at 05:04 AM leve kids at stadium. take cab to reina sophia. go back and pick up kids at stadium or café across the street ( been there, done that) and then taxi back to airport. if you have your boarding passes should be no problem if you arrive on time and do not dilly dally getting out of airport. I'd take same cab to stadium, have him wait a minute, get kids in line for tour and take him back to reina sofia.
Then you can catch a cab on opposite side of street when you leave reina sofia to be going right direction. The stadium is on the same street but a couple miles down the road with good airport access.
If you have extra time you can get a snack at that café where the boys will be waiting for you.
lincasanova on Mar 12, 13 at 05:05 AM Is your Barajas flight out domestic/european or international to the USA?
gidlaurie on Mar 12, 13 at 07:02 AM Thank you for your fast reply! We fly in and out of terminal 4S. I think that is International (coming from Israel, flying to New York). The idea of leaving them or some of them for the stadium tour is a great one! They are 16 so I think they would be fine with that! I am so excited that the 2 places they want to see are at least close to the airport and to each other. It must be a good sign! Thanks again.
Do you think I should arrange a cab in advance to take us from the airport, or arrange it when we arrive? Also, do you know approximately what the cab should cost in each direction?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 2 Tours vs solo travel (want to see as much as possible in 3-4 months)
- 3 Rome to Naples/Pompeii
- 4 20 year anniversary trip to Scotland
- 5 Dollars exchange to pounds
- 6 Mallorca: Hotel in/near Palma?
- 7 Neuschwanstein Castle and Munich
- 8 Paris to Giverny train ticket sold out
- 9 Edinburgh's Fringe Festival...A Most Unique and Eclectic Event!
- 10 Slovenia or South Tyrol
- 11 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 12 11 Days in Ireland w few hotel changes
- 13 Oyster card?
- 14 Lyon airport hotel or downtown + taxi
- 15 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 16 London Theater
- 17 multi city flights to europe
- 18 Staying in Madrid for one night?
- 19 3 week italy itinerary coming along! now need help with car/trains please
- 20 Switzerland in September
- 21 Milan and Lake Como
- 22 9 day Trip to Scotland
- 23 Uber in Rome & Lisbon
- 24 What is the hostess gift you love to give or receive?
- 25 Capital One 360 Card -- Fees for Cash Withdrawal?
Urgent Advice on Madrid Needed! Is this possible in 5 hours?