I was trying to figure this out on my own and realized that the only logical choice was to ask the Fodor experts!!!!!!!
We are flying through Madrid Barajas with a 5 hour layover, from 11 am until flight out at 4:30pm. I am traveling with my three teenagers. Two want to see Real Madrid football stadium ("from the outside"), and one wants to see the Guernica which is apparently now at the Reina Sophia museum.
Any possibility of doing this? I thought of taking a cab / maybe Aerocity / maybe pay for "express". But I don't know where the stadium is in relation to the museum? What do you think?
The Herman Family
3 Replies | Jump to last reply | Add a Reply
lincasanova on Mar 12, 13 at 05:04 AM leve kids at stadium. take cab to reina sophia. go back and pick up kids at stadium or café across the street ( been there, done that) and then taxi back to airport. if you have your boarding passes should be no problem if you arrive on time and do not dilly dally getting out of airport. I'd take same cab to stadium, have him wait a minute, get kids in line for tour and take him back to reina sofia.
Then you can catch a cab on opposite side of street when you leave reina sofia to be going right direction. The stadium is on the same street but a couple miles down the road with good airport access.
If you have extra time you can get a snack at that café where the boys will be waiting for you.
lincasanova on Mar 12, 13 at 05:05 AM Is your Barajas flight out domestic/european or international to the USA?
gidlaurie on Mar 12, 13 at 07:02 AM Thank you for your fast reply! We fly in and out of terminal 4S. I think that is International (coming from Israel, flying to New York). The idea of leaving them or some of them for the stadium tour is a great one! They are 16 so I think they would be fine with that! I am so excited that the 2 places they want to see are at least close to the airport and to each other. It must be a good sign! Thanks again.
Do you think I should arrange a cab in advance to take us from the airport, or arrange it when we arrive? Also, do you know approximately what the cab should cost in each direction?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where to stay in Paris for our 1st time there?
- 2 Where To Buy Caffeine Capsules/Pills In Nice, France
- 3 1st time in London - Location wise, which would be the better for us?
- 4 Piazza Navona
- 5 Iceland & Scotland in 7 days: What to do?
- 6 Berlin to Barcelona
- 7 Venice at Christmas
- 8 Trip Report and Photos - The Baltics – Tallinn, Riga and Vilnius
- 9 Scotland - Hiking - Fort William or Isle of Skye
- 10 Rhine River
- 11 Mysterious EuropCar charge 4.5 months after turning in car
- 12 Arriving 23:35 at Marco Polo
- 13 5 minutes to change trains in La Spezia???
- 14 Athens, Greece--transfer from airport to downtown hotel
- 15 Airtrain from Zurich to Basel info needed
- 16 Macedonia, Greece
- 17 Is International Drivers Permit in Spain Required
- 18 3 weeks in Norway and Sweden. Comments, advice please!
- 19 Suggested Itinerary Low Countries, Scotland, Enfland Lake district
- 20 Paris Side Trip: Mont St Michel & Cancale
- 21 Anybody rented from Allure-Apart?
- 22 Breakfast: London
- 23 Europe Itinerary
- 24 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 25 The highlands
Urgent Advice on Madrid Needed! Is this possible in 5 hours?