I was trying to figure this out on my own and realized that the only logical choice was to ask the Fodor experts!!!!!!!
We are flying through Madrid Barajas with a 5 hour layover, from 11 am until flight out at 4:30pm. I am traveling with my three teenagers. Two want to see Real Madrid football stadium ("from the outside"), and one wants to see the Guernica which is apparently now at the Reina Sophia museum.
Any possibility of doing this? I thought of taking a cab / maybe Aerocity / maybe pay for "express". But I don't know where the stadium is in relation to the museum? What do you think?
The Herman Family
3 Replies | Jump to last reply | Add a Reply
lincasanova on Mar 12, 13 at 05:04 AM leve kids at stadium. take cab to reina sophia. go back and pick up kids at stadium or café across the street ( been there, done that) and then taxi back to airport. if you have your boarding passes should be no problem if you arrive on time and do not dilly dally getting out of airport. I'd take same cab to stadium, have him wait a minute, get kids in line for tour and take him back to reina sofia.
Then you can catch a cab on opposite side of street when you leave reina sofia to be going right direction. The stadium is on the same street but a couple miles down the road with good airport access.
If you have extra time you can get a snack at that café where the boys will be waiting for you.
lincasanova on Mar 12, 13 at 05:05 AM Is your Barajas flight out domestic/european or international to the USA?
gidlaurie on Mar 12, 13 at 07:02 AM Thank you for your fast reply! We fly in and out of terminal 4S. I think that is International (coming from Israel, flying to New York). The idea of leaving them or some of them for the stadium tour is a great one! They are 16 so I think they would be fine with that! I am so excited that the 2 places they want to see are at least close to the airport and to each other. It must be a good sign! Thanks again.
Do you think I should arrange a cab in advance to take us from the airport, or arrange it when we arrive? Also, do you know approximately what the cab should cost in each direction?
Urgent Advice on Madrid Needed! Is this possible in 5 hours?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Americans travel to Russia. Is it safe?
- 2 Recommended overnight stops on Iceland ring road
- 3 Luxury hotel base Positano or Sorrento with 2 teen daughters
- 4 Paris-Loire-Avignon-Barcelona itinerary (help)
- 5 Ideas for Itinerary from Frankfurt
- 6 2014 Ferry Boat Schedules Salerno/Amalfi/Positano Just Released
- 7 Paris to Barcelona by car/train - including Loire/Bordeax/Carcassonne
- 8 3 days and 4 nights in Switzerland
- 9 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 10 Is my plan ok
- 11 The Ghost of Christmas Future visited me..."Lead On"! Paris again...at Christmas.
- 12 Reputable Tours
- 13 London Experts - What do you think of this apartment?
- 14 5 Hoosiers - help with route through Germany
- 15 Paris/Prague/Budapest/Zagreb/Nice/Paris
- 16 Different approach to 2-4-1 offers
- 17 Best places to stay in Bristol?
- 18 Amsterdam, Germany, Paris in May 2015- coats needed?
- 19 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 20 Best Option for London Travelcard?
- 21 Neuschwanstein Castle from Zermatt
- 22 Portugal Trip
- 23 England's Ruined Abbeys
- 24 Austria to Italy by car - best route
- 25 London - Paris - Venice - Rome in 21 Days