I was trying to figure this out on my own and realized that the only logical choice was to ask the Fodor experts!!!!!!!
We are flying through Madrid Barajas with a 5 hour layover, from 11 am until flight out at 4:30pm. I am traveling with my three teenagers. Two want to see Real Madrid football stadium ("from the outside"), and one wants to see the Guernica which is apparently now at the Reina Sophia museum.
Any possibility of doing this? I thought of taking a cab / maybe Aerocity / maybe pay for "express". But I don't know where the stadium is in relation to the museum? What do you think?
The Herman Family
3 Replies | Jump to last reply | Add a Reply
lincasanova on Mar 12, 13 at 05:04 AM leve kids at stadium. take cab to reina sophia. go back and pick up kids at stadium or café across the street ( been there, done that) and then taxi back to airport. if you have your boarding passes should be no problem if you arrive on time and do not dilly dally getting out of airport. I'd take same cab to stadium, have him wait a minute, get kids in line for tour and take him back to reina sofia.
Then you can catch a cab on opposite side of street when you leave reina sofia to be going right direction. The stadium is on the same street but a couple miles down the road with good airport access.
If you have extra time you can get a snack at that café where the boys will be waiting for you.
lincasanova on Mar 12, 13 at 05:05 AM Is your Barajas flight out domestic/european or international to the USA?
gidlaurie on Mar 12, 13 at 07:02 AM Thank you for your fast reply! We fly in and out of terminal 4S. I think that is International (coming from Israel, flying to New York). The idea of leaving them or some of them for the stadium tour is a great one! They are 16 so I think they would be fine with that! I am so excited that the 2 places they want to see are at least close to the airport and to each other. It must be a good sign! Thanks again.
Do you think I should arrange a cab in advance to take us from the airport, or arrange it when we arrive? Also, do you know approximately what the cab should cost in each direction?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How many nights to spend in Granada and Malaga & a few other questions
- 2 실시간카지노＼み＼【 ＳＤ２４８。ＣＯＭ 】＼【슈퍼카지노】
- 3 마카오카지노＼み＼【 ＳＤ２４８。ＣＯＭ 】＼【슈퍼카지노】
- 4 Stop between Umbria and Firenze
- 5 생방송카지노∮＼￣(ＳＤ２４８。ＣＯＭ )￣＼∮【슈퍼카지노】
- 6 아시안카지노＼み＼【 ＳＤ２４８。ＣＯＭ 】＼【슈퍼카지노】
- 7 A few days outside Rome
- 8 days and times when museums and suchlike close
- 9 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 10 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 11 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 12 CDG airport and connection time
- 13 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 14 Paris Metro
- 15 Planning to visit Barcelona and Paris
- 16 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 17 2 week trip to Lisbon, Porto, Douro, seeking input
- 18 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 19 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 20 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 21 Iceland 9 Days Late March - Review Itinerary!
- 22 Itinerary help needed: 10-11 days in Calabria, Siciily, and (maybe) Puglia
- 23 EATING IN LISBON..first visit
- 24 kimhe or others - flamenco rec in Sevilla?
- 25 getting to CDG
Urgent Advice on Madrid Needed! Is this possible in 5 hours?