I was trying to figure this out on my own and realized that the only logical choice was to ask the Fodor experts!!!!!!!
We are flying through Madrid Barajas with a 5 hour layover, from 11 am until flight out at 4:30pm. I am traveling with my three teenagers. Two want to see Real Madrid football stadium ("from the outside"), and one wants to see the Guernica which is apparently now at the Reina Sophia museum.
Any possibility of doing this? I thought of taking a cab / maybe Aerocity / maybe pay for "express". But I don't know where the stadium is in relation to the museum? What do you think?
The Herman Family
3 Replies | Jump to last reply | Add a Reply
lincasanova on Mar 12, 13 at 05:04 AM leve kids at stadium. take cab to reina sophia. go back and pick up kids at stadium or café across the street ( been there, done that) and then taxi back to airport. if you have your boarding passes should be no problem if you arrive on time and do not dilly dally getting out of airport. I'd take same cab to stadium, have him wait a minute, get kids in line for tour and take him back to reina sofia.
Then you can catch a cab on opposite side of street when you leave reina sofia to be going right direction. The stadium is on the same street but a couple miles down the road with good airport access.
If you have extra time you can get a snack at that café where the boys will be waiting for you.
lincasanova on Mar 12, 13 at 05:05 AM Is your Barajas flight out domestic/european or international to the USA?
gidlaurie on Mar 12, 13 at 07:02 AM Thank you for your fast reply! We fly in and out of terminal 4S. I think that is International (coming from Israel, flying to New York). The idea of leaving them or some of them for the stadium tour is a great one! They are 16 so I think they would be fine with that! I am so excited that the 2 places they want to see are at least close to the airport and to each other. It must be a good sign! Thanks again.
Do you think I should arrange a cab in advance to take us from the airport, or arrange it when we arrive? Also, do you know approximately what the cab should cost in each direction?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Reflections on our Trip to Barcelona, Languedoc, Dordogne and Paris
- 2 sim card
- 3 Charles De Gualle Airport, Paris to Eiffel Tower
- 4 Dr Manahel Thabet- Best Places to Visit in Europe
- 5 Travel Pass Suggestion
- 6 Happy accidents ,undiscovered gems -London, Paris
- 7 Any experience with these three private guides for the Alhambra?
- 8 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 9 Milan overnight or not en route to MXP with 2 kids
- 10 European Championship
- 11 Elbe Bike Trip 2 with a nasty end
- 12 Things I Learned in 3 Weeks in southern Ireland
- 13 Switzerland Itinerary - cheese making?
- 14 ATM skimmer - good example of a traveler finding one in Vienna
- 15 Help. Medical escort needed after accident during holiday.
- 16 Getting from Gare de L'Est to Gare de Lyon
- 17 Parisian hotel lobby goes on the attack
- 18 Here I plan again....Amsterdam
- 19 Monti in Rome, your thoughts please
- 20 Scenic full day drive from Bacharach & return?
- 21 12 days, which 4 cities?
- 22 to do with kids 2 1/2 days with a layover in frankfurt
- 23 1 week in Cornwall, England
- 24 Scotland: Bluebells and Gorse, Castles and Stones, and NO Rain!
- 25 Le Marche, Italy
Urgent Advice on Madrid Needed! Is this possible in 5 hours?