I will be travelling by rental car this summer for 1 month with my 2 young boys. I am looking for updated apps suggestions to make my trip easier. (I had my first nightmare about arriving totally unprepared last night.)
I will travel with a phone (need to get one still) and a pre-paid sim card to use for calls to friends in Germany or to connect with hotels if necessary. I might bring my KindleFire as well.
I will have traditional road maps with me, but am on the fence as to whether I use car GPS or downloaded Google maps. There will be no passenger in the front seat, just 2 squirrely boys in the back.
I have all stays booked, but anticipate checking email occasionally, videochats with husband, and reading up on places to see, so internet.
Are there any other suggestions I need? Not going to check out the best restaurants with children happy with a crepe and nutella or pommes frites with mayo.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Getting to Naxos and Santorini
- 2 2 days in Amsterdam after river cruise
- 3 Notes on St. Petersburg
- 4 Accommodations Amsterdam under 175€
- 5 2 Days in Tarragona...what to do ?
- 6 Sisi Ticket - skip line at Hofburg?
- 7 Postcards from Retirement - the Britan 2017 Edition
- 8 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 9 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 10 Italica (Sevilla) or Medina al-Zahra (Cordoba)
- 11 Pienza vs. San Gimignano for 4 nights?
- 12 Appenzell in December?
- 13 10 Day Backpacking Itinerary
- 14 Switzerland for 2 weeks
- 15 Trip report: Derby, Whitby & the Scottish Borders (indy_dad's UK return)
- 16 Iceland in January/February
- 17 Advice for Time in Cumbria and/or Yorkshire Dales
- 18 Switzerland
- 19 Provence to Paris via Burgundy
- 20 WWI Battlefields
- 21 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 22 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 23 Visiting Zurich
- 24 Haarlem or Amsterdam as Netherlands base?
- 25 Our short trip to Austria, the Dolomites and Bavaria