I will be travelling by rental car this summer for 1 month with my 2 young boys. I am looking for updated apps suggestions to make my trip easier. (I had my first nightmare about arriving totally unprepared last night.)
I will travel with a phone (need to get one still) and a pre-paid sim card to use for calls to friends in Germany or to connect with hotels if necessary. I might bring my KindleFire as well.
I will have traditional road maps with me, but am on the fence as to whether I use car GPS or downloaded Google maps. There will be no passenger in the front seat, just 2 squirrely boys in the back.
I have all stays booked, but anticipate checking email occasionally, videochats with husband, and reading up on places to see, so internet.
Are there any other suggestions I need? Not going to check out the best restaurants with children happy with a crepe and nutella or pommes frites with mayo.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Following the Canadian Liberation Route in the Netherlands
- 2 "Never Mind"
- 3 Paris with a toddler and a baby
- 4 GERMANY, MID-RHINE & MUNICH
- 5 Dordogne Itinerary - Do I Need Another Day?
- 6 Proposed itinerary for Iceland
- 7 Visa Free Entry To Spain
- 8 Six Days on the Road in Ireland...Ideas?
- 9 Seat Assignments on TGV train from Paris to Avignon
- 10 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 11 Help / Day Planning Required ...
- 12 Organizing our 8 day Roman visit
- 13 First time in Bulgaria
- 14 Comments on locations/sestieri, please
- 15 Italian lakes
- 16 'Brellies on "Standby." Dublin!
- 17 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 18 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 19 Is the Amalfi Coast kid friendly enough
- 20 Restaurant recommendations for lunch in Rouen?
- 21 "Best" train route Interlaken to Salzburg
- 22 3 nights Santorini suggestions with a child- is akrotiri a good location?
- 23 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 24 Day Trips from Dunfermline
- 25 8ish days Zurich to Como...