I will be travelling by rental car this summer for 1 month with my 2 young boys. I am looking for updated apps suggestions to make my trip easier. (I had my first nightmare about arriving totally unprepared last night.)
I will travel with a phone (need to get one still) and a pre-paid sim card to use for calls to friends in Germany or to connect with hotels if necessary. I might bring my KindleFire as well.
I will have traditional road maps with me, but am on the fence as to whether I use car GPS or downloaded Google maps. There will be no passenger in the front seat, just 2 squirrely boys in the back.
I have all stays booked, but anticipate checking email occasionally, videochats with husband, and reading up on places to see, so internet.
Are there any other suggestions I need? Not going to check out the best restaurants with children happy with a crepe and nutella or pommes frites with mayo.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Itinerary Help
- 2 Scandinavia in mid-March 2.5 weeks
- 3 House Hunting in France
- 4 http://yoursbetterhealthsolutions.com/tengenix-reviews/
- 5 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 6 Help with Tuscany villa that is a walk to town/restaurants
- 7 Safe to use hotel room safe?
- 8 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 9 Tuscany Day Trip Ideas?
- 10 Lyon and Paris (and Provence vs Dijon?)
- 11 days and times when museums and suchlike close
- 12 Dolomites to Switzerland or Austria? Can't decide!
- 13 If you had to choose one......
- 14 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 15 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 16 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 17 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 18 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?
- 19 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 20 Portugal with large family
- 21 Help with out two middle days in Puglia
- 22 Help with Ireland itinerary
- 23 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 24 Croatia
- 25 Switzerland 8 day itinerary in May