I will be travelling by rental car this summer for 1 month with my 2 young boys. I am looking for updated apps suggestions to make my trip easier. (I had my first nightmare about arriving totally unprepared last night.)
I will travel with a phone (need to get one still) and a pre-paid sim card to use for calls to friends in Germany or to connect with hotels if necessary. I might bring my KindleFire as well.
I will have traditional road maps with me, but am on the fence as to whether I use car GPS or downloaded Google maps. There will be no passenger in the front seat, just 2 squirrely boys in the back.
I have all stays booked, but anticipate checking email occasionally, videochats with husband, and reading up on places to see, so internet.
Are there any other suggestions I need? Not going to check out the best restaurants with children happy with a crepe and nutella or pommes frites with mayo.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Will Bottle of Champagne Pass Thru Customs at Athens Airport Upon Arrival?
- 2 Help with Greek islands itinerary-which islands to pick!
- 3 London vacation rental agency
- 4 Restaurant recommendations in Sicily
- 5 Experiencing London and Scotland by Sleeper Train
- 6 Trains in Italy
- 7 Help Planning Denmark Sweden Norway trip
- 8 Borghese Gallery Question
- 9 Sim Card
- 10 7 nights in Iceland, in July 2018
- 11 Airline to Rome
- 12 Finland around Christmas time?
- 13 Clueless, planning trip to Scotland
- 14 Athens Help
- 15 Experiencing Scotland in the Winters
- 16 Germany vs Sweden nightlife
- 17 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 18 To the top of Europe, and back again.
- 19 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 20 Help me decide which major city to cut based on time of year.
- 21 Transport for local Venice travel
- 22 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 23 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 24 SE ITALY
- 25 London and Paris - 3 days each