Hello fellow travelers!
I am about to make my first trip to Scotland and will be traveling alone. I am a 28 year-old Seattleite who loves craft brews, whisky, and outdoor activities. Naturally, I fancy a good live music scene. Scotland seems a perfect fit for me.
I am planning to do a clockwise drive from Glasgow to the Isle of Skye, then up (somewhere!) through the Northern Highlands, and then down to Edinburgh. I would like your suggestions about what to do with my time between the Isle of Skye and Edinburgh. What would you do with three nights and a rental car? All I require is beautiful surroundings, friendly people, and delicious libations. I am pretty low maintenance. Initially, I had thought I would stop in Inverness/Loch Ness, and perhaps stroll into Dufftown into the Speyside Whisky area... but now I am not so sure. Maybe Perth or Elgin? I would also be delighted to hear of any of your suggestions as to sights and pubs to stop by during these solitary drives around the country.
Brief snapshot of my itinerary:
Glasgow May 25 - 27, pick up rental car on morning of May 27.
Isle of Skye with a base in Portree May 27 to May 30.
May 30 - June 2 ???! <---What would you recommend I do and where should I stay during this time frame?
Drop off rental car in Edinburgh June 2
Stay in Edinburgh until June 6
I would really appreciate your tips for those three days/nights I have not quite figured out. Thank you in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Amalfi Coast help
- 2 days and times when museums and suchlike close
- 3 Life on the Farm Draws Some French
- 4 kimhe or others - flamenco rec in Sevilla?
- 5 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 6 Itinerary Help
- 7 Scandinavia in mid-March 2.5 weeks
- 8 House Hunting in France
- 9 http://yoursbetterhealthsolutions.com/tengenix-reviews/
- 10 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 11 Help with Tuscany villa that is a walk to town/restaurants
- 12 Safe to use hotel room safe?
- 13 Tuscany Day Trip Ideas?
- 14 Lyon and Paris (and Provence vs Dijon?)
- 15 Dolomites to Switzerland or Austria? Can't decide!
- 16 If you had to choose one......
- 17 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 18 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 19 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 20 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 21 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?
- 22 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 23 Portugal with large family
- 24 Help with out two middle days in Puglia
- 25 Help with Ireland itinerary
Hello fellow travelers!