Hello fellow travelers!
I am about to make my first trip to Scotland and will be traveling alone. I am a 28 year-old Seattleite who loves craft brews, whisky, and outdoor activities. Naturally, I fancy a good live music scene. Scotland seems a perfect fit for me.
I am planning to do a clockwise drive from Glasgow to the Isle of Skye, then up (somewhere!) through the Northern Highlands, and then down to Edinburgh. I would like your suggestions about what to do with my time between the Isle of Skye and Edinburgh. What would you do with three nights and a rental car? All I require is beautiful surroundings, friendly people, and delicious libations. I am pretty low maintenance. Initially, I had thought I would stop in Inverness/Loch Ness, and perhaps stroll into Dufftown into the Speyside Whisky area... but now I am not so sure. Maybe Perth or Elgin? I would also be delighted to hear of any of your suggestions as to sights and pubs to stop by during these solitary drives around the country.
Brief snapshot of my itinerary:
Glasgow May 25 - 27, pick up rental car on morning of May 27.
Isle of Skye with a base in Portree May 27 to May 30.
May 30 - June 2 ???! <---What would you recommend I do and where should I stay during this time frame?
Drop off rental car in Edinburgh June 2
Stay in Edinburgh until June 6
I would really appreciate your tips for those three days/nights I have not quite figured out. Thank you in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Is European democracy better than US democracy?
- 2 A bit overwhelmed!!!
- 3 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 4 Staying in Madrid for one night?
- 5 Shorts in South of France?
- 6 What's a must to buy in Paris?
- 7 Alsace to Austria?
- 8 Spain: train/rental car help
- 9 UK in May and June
- 10 Adivice from experts please, Southern Dutch/Belgium German Borders
- 11 Help with Spain/Portugal itinerary 33 days
- 12 Drive from Lake Como to Venice
- 13 Bath/Cotswolds
- 14 Getting from Bordeaux Gare to the airport
- 15 Thinking about the Fjords
- 16 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 17 Italy itinerary - input needed, please!!
- 18 Help with 12 day UK Itinerary!
- 19 For Paris-knowledgable - best neighborhood to stay a week-plus
- 20 Mr & Mrs Annhig need your help planning bucket list trip to Switzerland
- 21 Berlin activities -need help with organisation, please
- 22 Looking for a UK coach tour company for seniors
- 23 23 day honeymoon to Greece
- 24 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 25 Globus Iberian Tour
Hello fellow travelers!