Hello fellow travelers!
I am about to make my first trip to Scotland and will be traveling alone. I am a 28 year-old Seattleite who loves craft brews, whisky, and outdoor activities. Naturally, I fancy a good live music scene. Scotland seems a perfect fit for me.
I am planning to do a clockwise drive from Glasgow to the Isle of Skye, then up (somewhere!) through the Northern Highlands, and then down to Edinburgh. I would like your suggestions about what to do with my time between the Isle of Skye and Edinburgh. What would you do with three nights and a rental car? All I require is beautiful surroundings, friendly people, and delicious libations. I am pretty low maintenance. Initially, I had thought I would stop in Inverness/Loch Ness, and perhaps stroll into Dufftown into the Speyside Whisky area... but now I am not so sure. Maybe Perth or Elgin? I would also be delighted to hear of any of your suggestions as to sights and pubs to stop by during these solitary drives around the country.
Brief snapshot of my itinerary:
Glasgow May 25 - 27, pick up rental car on morning of May 27.
Isle of Skye with a base in Portree May 27 to May 30.
May 30 - June 2 ???! <---What would you recommend I do and where should I stay during this time frame?
Drop off rental car in Edinburgh June 2
Stay in Edinburgh until June 6
I would really appreciate your tips for those three days/nights I have not quite figured out. Thank you in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Caution picking car from Europcar at Stazione Termini
- 2 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 3 Barcelona alternative
- 4 Help with Greek islands itinerary-which islands to pick!
- 5 9-10 days beginning with Barcelona Marathon - what to do after?
- 6 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 7 travel to prague, vienna and munich
- 8 God Save the Queen?
- 9 Spanish Medical Providers
- 10 Trip Report: Scotland, Vienna, Prague, and Berlin (May/June 2017)
- 11 Italy Car Scam
- 12 Pompei, Naples and...Sorrento?
- 13 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 14 Iceland early december visit
- 15 Paris to Italy
- 16 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 17 London flat rental: the more I research, the more frustrating it becomes
- 18 8 Days in Spain
- 19 9 Days in Spain
- 20 Christmas in Dresden 2017
- 21 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 22 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 23 Ger’s Italian Trip Report: Padua, Ferrara, Siena, Perugia and Florence
- 24 Milan or Turin
- 25 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
Hello fellow travelers!