I'm going on a trip in the summer with my dad for around ten days and we have not decided yet whether we want to go to the United Kingdom or Ireland. I was hoping someone could give advice on which would be best for what we are looking for. If we went to the UK we would spend the majority of our time around London, probably spending a day in both Brighton and Dover, make a trip to see Oxford University and then spend two or three days in Wales. If we went to Ireland we would spend a couple days in Dublin and then rent a car for the rest of the trip and have a road trip of sorts around a large portion of the island. We are hoping to see a lot of architecture, beautiful landscape, classic tourist attractions, and small, quaint towns. We also would like to shop, walk around, and go hiking. The most important thing to me is to be submersed into a new culture, meet new people, make new experiences and I want to try to fit into the culture and not be too "touristy". For more reference, I am 17 and my dad is 50, though he is very active and can handle hiking and a lot of physical activity. My dad lived in the UK for around ten years and has been to Ireland only once before. Thank you to anyone willing to help or give advice on this decision.
United Kingdom vs. Ireland
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 caroline_venezia
- 2 How highly would you prioritize Portugal?
- 3 Taormina Sicily
- 4 Driving in Italy
- 5 Alternate base to Frankfurt
- 6 Italy dolomites
- 7 Taormina to Palermo
- 8 Spain - car rental, bus or train?
- 9 South of Spain in late September - cities/areas?
- 10 Suggestion for travel memories
- 11 Budget family trip to Europe
- 12 Honeymoon in the Alps (with skiing)
- 13 How to split 21 days between moscow and saint petersburg
- 14 Stay in Chablis or Auxerre?
- 15 Budget Trip to Europe | 22, 23-yr old | June 2015
- 16 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 17 history museums or locations
- 18 Ring of Kerry: worth doing "whole loop"?
- 19 How to decide where to go in Europe
- 20 Iceland Trip - July 2013 - PArt 1
- 21 malaga to madrid train ?
- 22 Museums in Berlin
- 23 8 Days in Switzerland for the non skier
- 24 Lake Como transportation questions
- 25 Help! Italy & France and Italy-Two Weeks?