I'm going on a trip in the summer with my dad for around ten days and we have not decided yet whether we want to go to the United Kingdom or Ireland. I was hoping someone could give advice on which would be best for what we are looking for. If we went to the UK we would spend the majority of our time around London, probably spending a day in both Brighton and Dover, make a trip to see Oxford University and then spend two or three days in Wales. If we went to Ireland we would spend a couple days in Dublin and then rent a car for the rest of the trip and have a road trip of sorts around a large portion of the island. We are hoping to see a lot of architecture, beautiful landscape, classic tourist attractions, and small, quaint towns. We also would like to shop, walk around, and go hiking. The most important thing to me is to be submersed into a new culture, meet new people, make new experiences and I want to try to fit into the culture and not be too "touristy". For more reference, I am 17 and my dad is 50, though he is very active and can handle hiking and a lot of physical activity. My dad lived in the UK for around ten years and has been to Ireland only once before. Thank you to anyone willing to help or give advice on this decision.
United Kingdom vs. Ireland
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Day trip from London to Paris
- 2 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 3 Need advice for this
- 4 Lake como area on motorcycles
- 5 Welcome
- 6 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 7 Any suggestions for accomodations in Venice Italy mid June?
- 8 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 9 one last portugal car rental question
- 10 Train: Bordeaux to San Sebastian
- 11 European neo-nazis head Ukraine to save the white power
- 12 Prague - Tram #22
- 13 Prague 3 nights - Top 10 things to do
- 14 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 15 RentalCars.com: Is it a reliable company?
- 16 French embassy schengen visa related questions
- 17 Flamenco -- Cordoba, Seville or Granada?
- 18 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 19 hotels in Seville
- 20 direct plane flight from sicily to Granada
- 21 Questions on Ferry from Bodrum to Rhodes
- 22 Amsterdam -Belgium -Germany -Amsterdam
- 23 A drive in Europe
- 24 NATIONAL PARKS IN CROATIA (PLITVICE & KRKA)
- 25 nearby cities to london