I'm going on a trip in the summer with my dad for around ten days and we have not decided yet whether we want to go to the United Kingdom or Ireland. I was hoping someone could give advice on which would be best for what we are looking for. If we went to the UK we would spend the majority of our time around London, probably spending a day in both Brighton and Dover, make a trip to see Oxford University and then spend two or three days in Wales. If we went to Ireland we would spend a couple days in Dublin and then rent a car for the rest of the trip and have a road trip of sorts around a large portion of the island. We are hoping to see a lot of architecture, beautiful landscape, classic tourist attractions, and small, quaint towns. We also would like to shop, walk around, and go hiking. The most important thing to me is to be submersed into a new culture, meet new people, make new experiences and I want to try to fit into the culture and not be too "touristy". For more reference, I am 17 and my dad is 50, though he is very active and can handle hiking and a lot of physical activity. My dad lived in the UK for around ten years and has been to Ireland only once before. Thank you to anyone willing to help or give advice on this decision.
United Kingdom vs. Ireland
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 bath or york
- 2 Best Time to Buy Eurostar Tickets
- 3 Southern Spain wth family in 1 week by car
- 4 Venice to Wegen Switerzerland-suggestion for overnight near lake como
- 5 Amsterdam Itiniary
- 6 Visiting the UK (2 Weeks, need help)
- 7 Ste Remy France
- 8 3.5 days in Andalucia
- 9 TGV from Paris (or Orleans) to Barcelona
- 10 Help with Barcelona Plans Please!
- 11 London tube
- 12 car rental info
- 13 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 14 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 15 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 16 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 17 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 18 Local Tour in Provence?
- 19 Yearly Greece visitor looking for different island
- 20 5am arrival in Dublin
- 21 10 Hours in Brussels
- 22 Budapest 4 nights - Top 10 must do
- 23 Phone for in-country calls in Greece
- 24 Anyone stayed in Podere Spedalone?
- 25 Cute hotel in Venice (San Marco) for around $150USD