I'm going on a trip in the summer with my dad for around ten days and we have not decided yet whether we want to go to the United Kingdom or Ireland. I was hoping someone could give advice on which would be best for what we are looking for. If we went to the UK we would spend the majority of our time around London, probably spending a day in both Brighton and Dover, make a trip to see Oxford University and then spend two or three days in Wales. If we went to Ireland we would spend a couple days in Dublin and then rent a car for the rest of the trip and have a road trip of sorts around a large portion of the island. We are hoping to see a lot of architecture, beautiful landscape, classic tourist attractions, and small, quaint towns. We also would like to shop, walk around, and go hiking. The most important thing to me is to be submersed into a new culture, meet new people, make new experiences and I want to try to fit into the culture and not be too "touristy". For more reference, I am 17 and my dad is 50, though he is very active and can handle hiking and a lot of physical activity. My dad lived in the UK for around ten years and has been to Ireland only once before. Thank you to anyone willing to help or give advice on this decision.
United Kingdom vs. Ireland
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Train from Barcelona to Madrid
- 2 Venice to Milan train tickets (for August travel) sold out already?
- 3 Manchester or Heathrow?
- 4 Getting from London to Southhampton
- 5 London Tube strike scheduled for Apr 28 (2 days) and May 5 (3 days). Help!
- 6 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 7 campsite availability in peak season - Spain/Portgual/France
- 8 3 AM Arrival in Santorini OK?
- 9 West Ireland with 81 year old mother - Pls Review Itinerary
- 10 21 Days in Central Europe
- 11 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 12 Rome to Pisa or Bologna to Pisa-Train...Help needed!
- 13 Greece--Crete or Peloponnis?
- 14 Day trip to Rothenberg from Munich
- 15 best time to book accommodation
- 16 Madrid Tapas Tour
- 17 Oktoberfest reservations
- 18 Experience with car service "Paris Cab" and others that have carseats?
- 19 How to get from Charles de Gaulle Airport to Gare du Nord?
- 20 No points in Paris .....
- 21 Getting to San Seb from Madrid
- 22 Advice for budget trip to Venice, espec trains & Groupons
- 23 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 24 Amsterdam / Belgium Itinerary
- 25 Pronunciation