DH has had a short notice business trip to Zurich, unexpectedly tacked on to the end of a 25th anniversary trip that we're taking to the Czech Republic and Germany, leaving this Sunday. For the short notice, his company is covering all costs(for me), has scheduled our hotel in Zurich(Zurich Marriott Hotel)for 5 nights and even purchased a 4 day Swiss Pass for us(hurray). Will not complain about being tied to Zurich for our lodging, since we aren't paying a bit of it-we feel very fortunate. DH only has meetings on the 1st day and last day of this time period, so we have 3 full days on our own. With his schedule, we should have a few hours each of the two days in Zurich to see some of the city, which we have only passed through on other trips. We stayed in Luzern on another trip, using it as a base and visiting Mt. Pilatus, Mt. Rigi, Bern and Bellinzona/Locarno by train as day trips. Hoping someone can suggest some other trips that we can do by train easily in a day. Off the top of my head, I've thought about St. Gallen, Brienz, Basel and Rapperswil, all of which we considered on our previous trip. Would Neuchatel or Gruyeres be too far if we got an early start?
We are a late 50's couple, moderately fit(one with a tricky knee)so prefer to wander around pretty little villages (and cities as well), love and appreciate beautiful architecture, old churches/castles, history, good food & wine and just soaking in the beauty that is Switzerland.
We would be so thankful to hear any of your own experiences with day trips as time is short to properly research. I do have a guidebook that I will take from our last trip. Also would love to have any suggestions for making the most of our little time in Zurich.
Thank you in advance for your time to answer!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 F1카지노〓【RAM300.COM】〓 젠틀맨카지노 주소
- 2 Croatia - Help on itinerary
- 3 Venice Bell Tower
- 4 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 5 Fes to Southern Spain (Jerez, Malaga)
- 6 Kayaking in Avignon
- 7 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 8 10 days Greece in mid-Sept 2017
- 9 Comments on Munich, Saltzburg, Lucerne hotels
- 10 best Provence itinerary to see Verdon Gorge
- 11 question on Barcelona itinerary
- 12 Early Itinerary Munich to Croatia
- 13 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 14 10 days in Italy with 5 and 10 year olds in July
- 15 Cordoba Overnight?
- 16 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 17 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 18 Sintra
- 19 Scotland Trip Report
- 20 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 21 Barcelona summer 2017 -- brainstorm with me
- 22 Madrid to Northern Spain- 4 days/2 kids. Help w itinerary pls!
- 23 Spain and Portugal - 2 weeks in Mid-July - help with itinerary
- 24 Holy mass with Vienna Boys Choir
- 25 Marseille vs. Genoa