We have been to Italy five times and been all over the country. We have stayed a number of times in southern Tuscany near Pienza. We are looking to do a relaxing (as in long stops and short drives) trip this time. We are staying a few days in Rome and then have a another week in Tuscany and or Umbria. Want to stay somewhere we haven't been before. Thinking about Spoleto (Palazzo Leti hotel) and Cortona (Villa Marsili) and visting Assisi while driving from Spoleto to Assisi. Any comments as to this itinerary? Is a week to long for these two towns? Experience with these hotels? Other towns better?
Umbria/Tuscany for a week - Cortona/Spoleto?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Need Some Italy Planning Help
- 2 Iceland with kids - purchase a 'self-drive' package or DIY?
- 3 Rome---August and September
- 4 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 5 Venice Banning Fodors
- 6 2 week trip - Amsterdam - Berlin - Munich -Prague
- 7 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 8 4-6 weeks
- 9 Greece - 3 week trip - requesting input
- 10 France, Italy and Greec
- 11 Alcobaca, Batalha and Tomar, all or one?
- 12 London, Paris, Rome Trip Report
- 13 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 14 South of France November Trip Report
- 15 handel's messiah, new year's, paris
- 16 Clearsky Holidays
- 17 Zurich to Basel transfer
- 18 Suggestions for too many days in Milan
- 19 Five Days With Rabbies in Devon and Cornwall
- 20 Luggage sizing
- 21 Why go further, Manchester Christmas Markets back soon.
- 22 Living like a local (sort of) in London
- 23 Madrid - Bernina Express
- 24 Paris for the First Time – Need Suggestions for a Non-touristy Experience
- 25 Difference in price between Lufthansa and United