We are contemplating a visit to the UK (3rd June to 14th June) coming from Dubai. We are a family of Four (wife and two kids aged 3.5 years and 6 months). I am a little apprehensive whether we should take the risk of travelling with the toddlers. We visited Austria and Switzerland in 2013 when my older one was 18 months old and he thoroughly enjoyed it.
However, our daughter is too young and we are considering whether we shall postpone the trip for a year. Our plan is to stay 5 days in London and 4 days in Edinburgh. We're planning on traveling slowly. We won't see a great deal, but hope to have a decent experience in each place. We plan to stay at Premier inn County hall as it is close to major attractions however, am also open to apartments nearby. Here are the questions:
1) Any recommendation on travelling with infant or Shall we postpone the trip?
2) Suggestions for London apartments that are close to sights, public transport? Budget - average 250 USD per night
3) Should we go to Edinburgh or some other part of the countryside near London
Ideally, we would like to see some countryside. All suggestions appreciated
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Getting around London
- 2 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 3 Language to use in Belgium
- 4 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 5 Europe's Most Famous Streets?
- 6 WWI sites
- 7 Weather and clothes in Sakzkammergut in August
- 8 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 9 Paris in August
- 10 Moderately priced French restaurants in Paris: an update
- 11 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 12 Christmas in Spain
- 13 Germany-Car or Train
- 14 Brussels flower tapestry
- 15 Italy Itinerary Gap to Fill - Alternate Suggestions
- 16 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)
- 17 Lake Como,Italy
- 18 21, 18 and 6 year old trip to Europe
- 19 Valencia Spain
- 20 Visiting Zurich
- 21 Cape Sounion en route to Airport?
- 22 Places to visit from Zurich
- 23 SURPRISE TRIP
- 24 8 days in Ireland -- where to go??!!
- 25 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland