We are contemplating a visit to the UK (3rd June to 14th June) coming from Dubai. We are a family of Four (wife and two kids aged 3.5 years and 6 months). I am a little apprehensive whether we should take the risk of travelling with the toddlers. We visited Austria and Switzerland in 2013 when my older one was 18 months old and he thoroughly enjoyed it.
However, our daughter is too young and we are considering whether we shall postpone the trip for a year. Our plan is to stay 5 days in London and 4 days in Edinburgh. We're planning on traveling slowly. We won't see a great deal, but hope to have a decent experience in each place. We plan to stay at Premier inn County hall as it is close to major attractions however, am also open to apartments nearby. Here are the questions:
1) Any recommendation on travelling with infant or Shall we postpone the trip?
2) Suggestions for London apartments that are close to sights, public transport? Budget - average 250 USD per night
3) Should we go to Edinburgh or some other part of the countryside near London
Ideally, we would like to see some countryside. All suggestions appreciated
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 2 SIM Card for London, Belgium, France & Italy
- 3 Cappadocia in June
- 4 Europe Winter Itinerary
- 5 Purchasing travel insurance in the UK
- 6 One day in Berchtesgaden - what should we see
- 7 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 8 Ibiiza Spain
- 9 best place in london for indian food without paying an arm and a leg
- 10 Keira-Caitlyn Travels to Turkey...adventures in Istanbul and Ephesus
- 11 How much time to allow between arrival at CDG and train departure?
- 12 Switzerland swiss mountain passes so confusing, jungfrou
- 13 Restaurant suggestions in Lyon France? Overwhelmed!
- 14 Need help deciphering benefits of Swiss train pass vs German 25% off...
- 15 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 16 Proposed electronics ban and questions about my Kindle
- 17 3 nights in Madrid
- 18 Help with Ireland Trip
- 19 Hotels in Positano, Capri, & Naples
- 20 Time to tell on yourself (embarassing travel stories)
- 21 Great Food restaurant, cafes, bars, winery, food shops in Provence and Lyon
- 22 Ideas for vacation to Germany
- 23 Best Barcelona neighborhood
- 24 Base for Hidcote, etc. from London
- 25 Ireland base towns (and timing) - Connemara/W. Cork?