I'm going to the UK for the first time and I'm super excited! I'll be staying with my boyfriend in Leeds for most of my trip. I haven't decided where I want to go on day trips while he's working during the week, but I'd like the flexibility to hop on a train in Leeds, wander around in another city, and go back to Leeds in the evenings. I've been reading some travel books, and some of them recommend getting a rail pass. I will likely need a 4-day consecutive or flexible pass. Do any of you know anything about the BritRail pass? Do you have any other suggestions? Thanks, everybody!
UK transportation question
View all Europe activity »
- 1 River Cruise from Moscow to St. Petersburg
- 2 2 Week European Itinerary
- 3 Driving Slovenia & Noerthern Croatia
- 4 Germany with our 2 girls....help with itinerary
- 5 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 6 To Paris and Provence in June
- 7 best beach hotel Mykonos
- 8 Suggestion for car service from DeGaulle to apartment in Paris?
- 9 Vaporetti Schedules in Venice (and how passes work!?)
- 10 Advice on 10-14 days family trip Paris-Amsterdam-Italy
- 11 Family European winter holiday
- 12 French café offers discounts to customers who remember their "Bonjour"
- 13 On TCM on 4/28/06 Cinema Paradiso
- 14 Gift/Travel Cards for Spain?
- 15 Car in Prague
- 16 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 17 One more week hardly in Paris: still wandering the Ile de France
- 18 USING THE METRO FROM AEROPORT CDG 2 TGV TO Place d'Italie
- 19 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 20 Geneva-Verbier-Zurich
- 21 El Rocio festival, Huelva
- 22 Budget (or at least Somewhat Inexpensive) Lodging in Bologna
- 23 Rome Accommodation
- 24 First time Golfing in Ireland
- 25 Where to stop on Italy's west coast