I've been perusing the forums for a few weeks now, and I feel like I owe everyone a tremendous thank you! The information here has been very helpful so far.
My fiance and I are planning our honeymoon for the UK - 15 nights/16 days in October 2013.
Any feedback on our itinerary would be much appreciated. Our interests are castles and ruins, art and history museums, and general exploring of neighborhoods, towns and cities.
Here it goes:
Day 1, Tuesday: Arrive LHR 10:15 am. Stay in London.
Day 2, Wednesday: London.
Day 3, Thursday: London.
Day 4, Friday: Early train to Bath. Stay in Bath.
Day 5, Saturday: Mad Max Bus Tour - Avebury and Stonehenge. Overnight in Bath.
Day 6, Sunday: Rent car in Bath. Driving tour of South Wales (Caerphilly or Chepstow, Tintern Abbey). End in Chipping Campden. Stay in Chipping Campden.
Day 7, Monday: Explore the Cotswolds. Stay in Chipping Campden.
Day 8, Tuesday: Drive to Keswick with a stop at Warwick Castle. Overnight in Keswick.
Day 9, Wednesday: Explore the Lake District. Drive to Edinburgh. Stay in Edinburgh.
Day 10, Thursday: Edinburgh.
Day 11, Friday: Rabbies 1 Day Tour - West Highland Lochs and Castles. Stay in Edinburgh.
Day 12, Saturday: Edinburgh
Day 13, Sunday: Drive to York with a stop at Hadrian's Wall. Return car. Stay in York.
Day 14, Monday: York.
Day 15, Tuesday: Train to London. Overnight in London.
Day 16, Wednesday: Depart LHR 4:20 pm.
What do you think? Doable? Anything you would change or recommend?
On Day 15, should we plan more time in York, or time in London, or add a stop in between?
On Day 6, Chepstow is closer to Tintern Abbey, would that be the better route (than seeing Caerphilly)?
I think I am already spotting a problem, Day 6 is a Sunday. We will be hard-pressed to pick up a rental car that day, wouldn't you think? (We have rewards with Hertz.)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Driving in Corwall-The Nitty Gritty
- 2 Anyplace worth stopping a night between Hallstatt and Venice?
- 3 Anyplace worth stopping a night between Hallstatt and Venice?
- 4 Ireland and Scotland in July
- 5 Christmas in London; New Year's in Edinburgh
- 6 Trying to pick a Greek Island
- 7 France or Italy town recommendations needed for 3 week stay
- 8 Family first time Barcelona (where and how much ?)
- 9 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 10 Germany/Austria...with a toddler
- 11 Bars & Restaurants in Madrid Spain
- 12 1 or 2 days in Reykjavík
- 13 Suggestions for summer 38 night itinerary with kids and a mom in tow?
- 14 Paris/Loire Valley than ?
- 15 Italy Puglia and Le Marche
- 16 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 17 Isles of Scilly - Anyone Been?
- 18 Edinburgh to Skye
- 19 A Month stay in Southern France
- 20 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 21 Tripcho Travel Guided Tours
- 22 Itinerary help--Loire Valley and Brittany
- 23 Premier League Tickets on Craigslist
- 24 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 25 ISO help planning a trip to England in May