I've been perusing the forums for a few weeks now, and I feel like I owe everyone a tremendous thank you! The information here has been very helpful so far.
My fiance and I are planning our honeymoon for the UK - 15 nights/16 days in October 2013.
Any feedback on our itinerary would be much appreciated. Our interests are castles and ruins, art and history museums, and general exploring of neighborhoods, towns and cities.
Here it goes:
Day 1, Tuesday: Arrive LHR 10:15 am. Stay in London.
Day 2, Wednesday: London.
Day 3, Thursday: London.
Day 4, Friday: Early train to Bath. Stay in Bath.
Day 5, Saturday: Mad Max Bus Tour - Avebury and Stonehenge. Overnight in Bath.
Day 6, Sunday: Rent car in Bath. Driving tour of South Wales (Caerphilly or Chepstow, Tintern Abbey). End in Chipping Campden. Stay in Chipping Campden.
Day 7, Monday: Explore the Cotswolds. Stay in Chipping Campden.
Day 8, Tuesday: Drive to Keswick with a stop at Warwick Castle. Overnight in Keswick.
Day 9, Wednesday: Explore the Lake District. Drive to Edinburgh. Stay in Edinburgh.
Day 10, Thursday: Edinburgh.
Day 11, Friday: Rabbies 1 Day Tour - West Highland Lochs and Castles. Stay in Edinburgh.
Day 12, Saturday: Edinburgh
Day 13, Sunday: Drive to York with a stop at Hadrian's Wall. Return car. Stay in York.
Day 14, Monday: York.
Day 15, Tuesday: Train to London. Overnight in London.
Day 16, Wednesday: Depart LHR 4:20 pm.
What do you think? Doable? Anything you would change or recommend?
On Day 15, should we plan more time in York, or time in London, or add a stop in between?
On Day 6, Chepstow is closer to Tintern Abbey, would that be the better route (than seeing Caerphilly)?
I think I am already spotting a problem, Day 6 is a Sunday. We will be hard-pressed to pick up a rental car that day, wouldn't you think? (We have rewards with Hertz.)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 바카라머니＼※【KTV200.CoM 】※＼인터넷바카라주소￠엠카지노
- 2 라이브바카라＼※【KTV200.CoM 】※＼생방송카지노♩안전한놀이터
- 3 플레이어카지노■※■『KIA700.CoM』■※■라이브바카라ロ라이브바카라
- 4 게임몽릴게임 ▶ 도메인 :≫ttw46.com≪
- 5 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 6 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 7 The Dordogne & Loire Valley?
- 8 Things to do in Montpellier
- 9 Lodging in Zurich and Lucerne?
- 10 Leather goods in Florence
- 11 Italy Hotel Recommondations
- 12 4 days in Provence in early June
- 13 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 14 Lucerne and Innsbruck
- 15 10 days Greece in mid-Sept 2017
- 16 France Itinerary Advice
- 17 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 18 Picnic Spot Near Assisi
- 19 Portugal by Train or Car?
- 20 ALICANTE - 1 Day Excursions
- 21 A week in and around London at Christmas
- 22 UZES & NIMES OR Orange & Châteauneuf du Pape
- 23 Bouldering in Fountainebleau
- 24 Trip to Rome
- 25 SPB White Nights boat tours