I've been perusing the forums for a few weeks now, and I feel like I owe everyone a tremendous thank you! The information here has been very helpful so far.
My fiance and I are planning our honeymoon for the UK - 15 nights/16 days in October 2013.
Any feedback on our itinerary would be much appreciated. Our interests are castles and ruins, art and history museums, and general exploring of neighborhoods, towns and cities.
Here it goes:
Day 1, Tuesday: Arrive LHR 10:15 am. Stay in London.
Day 2, Wednesday: London.
Day 3, Thursday: London.
Day 4, Friday: Early train to Bath. Stay in Bath.
Day 5, Saturday: Mad Max Bus Tour - Avebury and Stonehenge. Overnight in Bath.
Day 6, Sunday: Rent car in Bath. Driving tour of South Wales (Caerphilly or Chepstow, Tintern Abbey). End in Chipping Campden. Stay in Chipping Campden.
Day 7, Monday: Explore the Cotswolds. Stay in Chipping Campden.
Day 8, Tuesday: Drive to Keswick with a stop at Warwick Castle. Overnight in Keswick.
Day 9, Wednesday: Explore the Lake District. Drive to Edinburgh. Stay in Edinburgh.
Day 10, Thursday: Edinburgh.
Day 11, Friday: Rabbies 1 Day Tour - West Highland Lochs and Castles. Stay in Edinburgh.
Day 12, Saturday: Edinburgh
Day 13, Sunday: Drive to York with a stop at Hadrian's Wall. Return car. Stay in York.
Day 14, Monday: York.
Day 15, Tuesday: Train to London. Overnight in London.
Day 16, Wednesday: Depart LHR 4:20 pm.
What do you think? Doable? Anything you would change or recommend?
On Day 15, should we plan more time in York, or time in London, or add a stop in between?
On Day 6, Chepstow is closer to Tintern Abbey, would that be the better route (than seeing Caerphilly)?
I think I am already spotting a problem, Day 6 is a Sunday. We will be hard-pressed to pick up a rental car that day, wouldn't you think? (We have rewards with Hertz.)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help with Spain Itinerary
- 2 Paris in August
- 3 Visiting Zurich
- 4 Spain, Portugal trip planning
- 5 Porto, Galicia and Asturias (plus Leon) Hotel recommendations (??)
- 6 Christmas in Spain
- 7 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 8 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 9 Train travel to and from Paris
- 10 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 11 Zadar or Sibenik
- 12 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 13 Transportation/itinerary help from Rome cruise terminal
- 14 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 15 Bruges, Ghent or Brussels?
- 16 Advice on Spring/Fall trips to Scotland and Alsace
- 17 London, Brussels, France, Berner Oberland and Vienna (in 72 days)
- 18 Tips for tour company tour guides
- 19 Fabric Shops in Paris
- 20 Driving in Italy
- 21 Norway for 1 week, ideas for planning
- 22 One week road trip Santiago de Compostela-Lisbon itinerary advice needed
- 23 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 24 Choosing Greek Island Base for island hopping
- 25 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!