I'll be in Southampton on Tuesday, July 5th and am going to the Isle of Wight. A British colleague suggested the following plan "you should go on the Island’s train service to Shanklin. Have lunch at the Crab Pub, and then get a cab to Ventnor. Walk along the shore path to the Spy Glass and have a pint. Then walk further along the shore path to the Botanical Gardens. Get a cab from the Gardens back to Shanklin and the return ferry. Really lovely day out. " For those who live on the Isle or have been there, what's your reaction to this plan? My colleague is a former military officer and quite fit, so how long would you say both portions of "walk along the short path" are? I'm not interested in shopping and although I like stately homes, Osbourne House doesn't sound terribly appealing... Thanks for any tips or comments!
UK: Isle of Wight thoughts
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 9 days in turkey
- 2 christmas lunch or dinner munich 2014
- 3 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 4 3 Week Trip to Italy and Paris - Suggestions
- 5 Italy for 3 in 12 days
- 6 Itinerary Help!
- 7 UK for 12 days !
- 8 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 9 day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 10 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 11 Naples - Hotel to stay for 2 nites
- 12 Are we likely to encounter Dynamic Currency Conversion in Andalucia?
- 13 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 14 Help us plan our itinerary......pleeeeeaaase
- 15 First Solo Euro Trip -- August 2014
- 16 tour guides in rome
- 17 Cordoba -- What to do on a Monday?
- 18 Venice to Wegen Switerzerland-suggestion for overnight near lake como
- 19 Travelling two weeks in London, Ireland and Scotland.
- 20 Day trip on the Rhine
- 21 poland to switzerland
- 22 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 23 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 24 Restaurant with a view - Florence
- 25 People acting out Paris Metro Names