I'll be in Southampton on Tuesday, July 5th and am going to the Isle of Wight. A British colleague suggested the following plan "you should go on the Island’s train service to Shanklin. Have lunch at the Crab Pub, and then get a cab to Ventnor. Walk along the shore path to the Spy Glass and have a pint. Then walk further along the shore path to the Botanical Gardens. Get a cab from the Gardens back to Shanklin and the return ferry. Really lovely day out. " For those who live on the Isle or have been there, what's your reaction to this plan? My colleague is a former military officer and quite fit, so how long would you say both portions of "walk along the short path" are? I'm not interested in shopping and although I like stately homes, Osbourne House doesn't sound terribly appealing... Thanks for any tips or comments!
UK: Isle of Wight thoughts
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Road Trip From Barcelona to Seville Ideas?
- 2 Budget for 3 Month's
- 3 Best place to stay with car in Lake Como/Maggiore
- 4 Best way from Sevila's Airport to Hotel Alphonso X111 ???
- 5 Art Deco architecture along the English Channel
- 6 Small group for Colosseum
- 7 A Good Base on Mallorca
- 8 Madrid and London
- 9 West Ireland with 81 year old mother - Pls Review Itinerary
- 10 London visit
- 11 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 12 Cornwall Trip Addition
- 13 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 14 Normandy, Brittany and Loire Valley in May - please help with itinerary
- 15 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 16 21 Days in Central Europe
- 17 3 weeks in December in Europe, need help with itinerary
- 18 Lofoten ferry
- 19 Altitude sickness in Switzerland
- 20 Suggestions for Trip to Villefranche-sur-Mer
- 21 Has anyone toured La Pietra near Florence?
- 22 Italian cooking classes
- 23 Almost 3 weeks in Sicily in March
- 24 Breaking out of the Nutshell: Oslo, Bergen, the Sognefjord and Copenhagen
- 25 Fjords, How To?