I'll be in Southampton on Tuesday, July 5th and am going to the Isle of Wight. A British colleague suggested the following plan "you should go on the Island’s train service to Shanklin. Have lunch at the Crab Pub, and then get a cab to Ventnor. Walk along the shore path to the Spy Glass and have a pint. Then walk further along the shore path to the Botanical Gardens. Get a cab from the Gardens back to Shanklin and the return ferry. Really lovely day out. " For those who live on the Isle or have been there, what's your reaction to this plan? My colleague is a former military officer and quite fit, so how long would you say both portions of "walk along the short path" are? I'm not interested in shopping and although I like stately homes, Osbourne House doesn't sound terribly appealing... Thanks for any tips or comments!
UK: Isle of Wight thoughts
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Best places to stay in Bristol?
- 2 5 Hoosiers - help with route through Germany
- 3 Amsterdam, Germany, Paris in May 2015- coats needed?
- 4 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 5 Luxury hotel base Positano or Sorrento with 2 teen daughters
- 6 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 7 Best Option for London Travelcard?
- 8 Is my plan ok
- 9 3 days and 4 nights in Switzerland
- 10 Recommended overnight stops on Iceland ring road
- 11 London Experts - What do you think of this apartment?
- 12 Different approach to 2-4-1 offers
- 13 2014 Ferry Boat Schedules Salerno/Amalfi/Positano Just Released
- 14 Neuschwanstein Castle from Zermatt
- 15 Portugal Trip
- 16 England's Ruined Abbeys
- 17 Austria to Italy by car - best route
- 18 Paris/Prague/Budapest/Zagreb/Nice/Paris
- 19 London - Paris - Venice - Rome in 21 Days
- 20 Paris to Barcelona by car/train - including Loire/Bordeax/Carcassonne
- 21 CROATIA - Split to Hvar Island ???
- 22 Paris-Loire-Avignon-Barcelona itinerary (help)
- 23 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 24 Southern Spain
- 25 Reputable Tours