I'll be in Southampton on Tuesday, July 5th and am going to the Isle of Wight. A British colleague suggested the following plan "you should go on the Island’s train service to Shanklin. Have lunch at the Crab Pub, and then get a cab to Ventnor. Walk along the shore path to the Spy Glass and have a pint. Then walk further along the shore path to the Botanical Gardens. Get a cab from the Gardens back to Shanklin and the return ferry. Really lovely day out. " For those who live on the Isle or have been there, what's your reaction to this plan? My colleague is a former military officer and quite fit, so how long would you say both portions of "walk along the short path" are? I'm not interested in shopping and although I like stately homes, Osbourne House doesn't sound terribly appealing... Thanks for any tips or comments!
UK: Isle of Wight thoughts
View all Europe activity »
- 1 France and Spain Travel Itinerary
- 2 Cinque Terre Trails Condition Report
- 3 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 4 To Paris and Provence in June
- 5 planning a trip to barcelona first week of Jan
- 6 Day Trips from Florence: Tours or On Our Own???
- 7 suggestions for a base in france -rouen to st malo in 4 days
- 8 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 9 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 10 A still, a hooker and a Dodo bird. Paris and Oberkirch.
- 11 Novels set in Greece
- 12 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 13 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 14 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 15 Planning a holiday
- 16 Tire, Turkey - Tuesday Market
- 17 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 18 ONE DAY IN PARIS PLEASE HELP!!
- 19 15 days in Europe,
- 20 Medieval Tallinn
- 21 Euro Train
- 22 Scotland this summer - some initial planning questions
- 23 Restaurant reservations Rome, Tuscany, Venice
- 24 Need help planning a trip for 2 18 year old girls
- 25 2 Week(ish) Italian Honeymoon Itinerary Help - First Time Europe Travelers