My husband and I plan to travel to the UK sometime this August/September for approximately 2 weeks and need some suggestions. We are both engineers, both 29, and this will be our first time in Europe. We'd like to fly into London and fit in highlights in England, Wales, and Scotland. We'd love to do Ireland as well, but our timeframe I'm afraid is too short for all that. We've done some general research and the things/places that interest us so far include: London sites, Bath, Lake District, Edinburgh, Inverness, Jacobite steam train, castles...love to fit in Isle of Skye (bit off the path though). We'd love b/w city travel and accommodation suggestions as well. We're open to B&B suggestions. Thanks!
UK in the Fall: Trip Suggestions
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 2 Italy Roma Card, Florence Card Recommended? Train Pass?
- 3 Rent a villa in Crete or Not?
- 4 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 5 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 6 RFID wallets do they really work?
- 7 He said , she said
- 8 driving map for Croatia and BiH
- 9 Munich with a car?
- 10 Any exciting towns South of Rome, Italy
- 11 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 12 Naples - Hotel to stay for 2 nites
- 13 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 14 Itinerary Help!
- 15 Toulouse and beyond -
- 16 Lots of help needed- First time going to Italy- Itinerary suggestions
- 17 Looking for advice on hotels in Paris
- 18 tour guides in rome
- 19 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 20 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 21 Amalfi (town) to Pompeii (ruins entrance-luggage storage area)
- 22 4 Cs-Champagne, Cartier, Chanel & Christmas in Paris 2013 were fantastic!
- 23 Ony 3-4 nights in Ortigia, priorities?????????
- 24 christmas lunch or dinner munich 2014
- 25 Seaside island village in Greece