My husband and I plan to travel to the UK sometime this August/September for approximately 2 weeks and need some suggestions. We are both engineers, both 29, and this will be our first time in Europe. We'd like to fly into London and fit in highlights in England, Wales, and Scotland. We'd love to do Ireland as well, but our timeframe I'm afraid is too short for all that. We've done some general research and the things/places that interest us so far include: London sites, Bath, Lake District, Edinburgh, Inverness, Jacobite steam train, castles...love to fit in Isle of Skye (bit off the path though). We'd love b/w city travel and accommodation suggestions as well. We're open to B&B suggestions. Thanks!
UK in the Fall: Trip Suggestions
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Looking for Feedback on Belgium/Holland Itinerary
- 2 20 day Backpacking Trip
- 3 Restaurant reservations Rome, Tuscany, Venice
- 4 Sicily 10 days
- 5 Europe with young teens
- 6 New to Fodors: Please help with beginning stages of husband/wife trip
- 7 Spain itinerary complete - suggestions for inexpensive lodging?
- 8 Salamanca, Barcelona, o Valencia?
- 9 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 10 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 11 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 12 Wake up...all fodor posters who are so helpful...
- 13 Where to stay in Copenhagen
- 14 Planning 4 nights S / SE of London for my parents in their late 60s
- 15 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 16 Belgium/Holland OR Paris/Strasbourg/Lucern
- 17 Advises for trip to Russia
- 18 First timer! Trip to London over New Year's next year!
- 19 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris
- 20 Frankfurt to Bamberg day trip - train ticket question
- 21 First time traveler to Ireland
- 22 Scotland this summer - some initial planning questions
- 23 Belgium/Holland or Germany: Please help!
- 24 Euro Train
- 25 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich