My husband and I plan to travel to the UK sometime this August/September for approximately 2 weeks and need some suggestions. We are both engineers, both 29, and this will be our first time in Europe. We'd like to fly into London and fit in highlights in England, Wales, and Scotland. We'd love to do Ireland as well, but our timeframe I'm afraid is too short for all that. We've done some general research and the things/places that interest us so far include: London sites, Bath, Lake District, Edinburgh, Inverness, Jacobite steam train, castles...love to fit in Isle of Skye (bit off the path though). We'd love b/w city travel and accommodation suggestions as well. We're open to B&B suggestions. Thanks!
UK in the Fall: Trip Suggestions
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Mephisto Shoes in Paris
- 2 3 weeks in Europe
- 3 avoiding stuffy and inflexible service at nice european resorts
- 4 Wisdom needed for a itinerary in northern Italy, Bavaria and Prague
- 5 Matisse at Tate
- 6 How to fit in Madrid, Lorca and possibly Toledo in 4 days?
- 7 Luggage on train from Waterloo to Southampton
- 8 Amalfi Coast/Sorrento Itinerary Help!
- 9 Solo Trip to Rome for Language School
- 10 Spain, France, Netherlands with 18, 19 yo grandsons
- 11 Rethymnon vs. Chania in early October?
- 12 Madrid and London
- 13 Planning for Italy trip with a two-year old
- 14 What to book ahead in Barcelona?
- 15 Train from Brussels to Amsterdam
- 16 Suggestions on how best to spend our time in Lyon
- 17 Yacht trip on coast of Spain
- 18 Driving to Paris... Parking?
- 19 Honeymoon in Greece or Italy or Spain?
- 20 Question for best Town to base for touring the Amalfi Coast
- 21 Suggested Itinerary and ideas for South of France road tour?
- 22 5 Hour Layover in Amsterdam
- 23 Day Tours in Croatia, Slovenia that you can recommend?
- 24 What to wear
- 25 Can you recommend a little seaside town near Athen?