We took a 7 day trip to the UK in August of 2000, spending 3 days in London and 4 days in Oxford. In London, we stayed at the Grange Rochester Hotel on Vincent Square in Westminster. It was a lovely hotel, rooms were comfortable, a bit smaller than US standards, but not overly crowded. In Oxford, we stayed at the Parklands Hotel on Banbury Street, just north of city centre. It is a lovely home with a wonderful staff. We loved it and will stay there if and when we pay a return visit to Oxford. Would be happy to answer any questions about our trip, what we did, etc.
UK hotel recommendations
- 1 Trip Report: SE England - Stately Homes & Gardens in Kent
- 2 Sagrada Familia in Barcelona: who knows what time masses are?
- 3 I have a new eBook out on Mystical Ireland Travel
- 4 Chatham Dockyards Need a Whole Day?
- 5 The "I'm moving/I'm coming home" Italy Trip Report...
- 6 Security issues with Knee replacement
- 7 Yorkshire Dales and Moors home base? (and other questions)
- 8 Scotland & Ireland - do I HAVE to pick 1 for 7-day trip?
- 9 Derby - What to do with 1.5 days?
- 10 Our 4 weeks in Turkey - Trip Report
- 11 How do I get from Copenhagen to Malmo by Train?
- 12 Sweden, Denmark, Norway Trip Report
- 13 Climbing Snowdon
- 14 Zee Best
- 15 river cruise choice
- 16 pier in Copenhagen
- 17 Running Very Behind on Month Long Europe Trip
- 18 Rome apartment
- 19 Paros or Naxos?
- 20 Amsterdam - Germany and Wine!
- 21 Florence: Medici Chapel & Basilica di Santa Croce
- 22 Need restaurant recommendations for cities in Croatia
- 23 Paris Transportation- Hotel near Saint Suplice Station to CDG Airport
- 24 Istanbul Hotels
- 25 Prague Hotels -Old Town