My family (husband, wife, 14 y.o., 12 y.o. 10 y.o.) will be arriving in London on July 28th and departing August 22nd. We would like to explore the UK over the course of those 25 days, but we don't know how much is feasible.
We have thought of doing 2 days in London, then renting a car, driving through Wales, and heading to the western part of Scotland, then looping back down to Edinburgh. From there, we would fly to Dublin, rent a car, do a loop westward, then return before flying back to London.
If you had 25 days, what would you focus on (and what would you eliminate)? And, would you rent a car for most of it, or would you use train and ferries (and busses?) instead?
Any and all advice is greatly appreciated!
Silver Spring, MD
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Suggested Italy Itinerary
- 2 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 3 3 days in Ortygia Sicily
- 4 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 5 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 6 Trip route from Paris to Venice
- 7 Southern Germany - a base for travel
- 8 Biarritz family holiday
- 9 2 weeks in Europe - itenerary help
- 10 Trying to pick a Greek Island
- 11 Bernina Express mid-March
- 12 When to buy airline? & booking seats
- 13 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 14 Luggage for train travel in Europe
- 15 Ireland hotel questions
- 16 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 17 Ireland and Scotland in July
- 18 Itinerary help--Loire Valley and Brittany
- 19 Itinerary? Mystras? Stay over or stay in Nafplion
- 20 Revised itinerary for italy
- 21 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 22 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 23 where to stay in London?
- 24 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 25 Flamenco in October