My family (husband, wife, 14 y.o., 12 y.o. 10 y.o.) will be arriving in London on July 28th and departing August 22nd. We would like to explore the UK over the course of those 25 days, but we don't know how much is feasible.
We have thought of doing 2 days in London, then renting a car, driving through Wales, and heading to the western part of Scotland, then looping back down to Edinburgh. From there, we would fly to Dublin, rent a car, do a loop westward, then return before flying back to London.
If you had 25 days, what would you focus on (and what would you eliminate)? And, would you rent a car for most of it, or would you use train and ferries (and busses?) instead?
Any and all advice is greatly appreciated!
Silver Spring, MD
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Hiking in Austria and Innsbruck and Hallstatt
- 2 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 3 Car rental in Santorini port
- 4 Feedback On Relaxed Plan While Staying In Saignon
- 5 Renting a car in Greece
- 6 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 7 Does anyone have experience with Lipault luggage?
- 8 renting a car in greece
- 9 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 10 Taking Renfe's FAVA Train Across Northern Spain?
- 11 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 12 Booking Irish Rail ticket
- 13 From Biarritz to Paris- 2 extra nights
- 14 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 15 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 16 Drive from Montepulciano to Cinque Terre
- 17 retruning to US with souveniers
- 18 Is there a forum just for Paris?
- 19 Is Sicily and Pompeii in 4 days worth it?
- 20 First steps for Russian trip planning
- 21 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 22 stopover between antequerra and granada?
- 23 Driving Prague to Zurich to Amsterdam w/ 2 toddlers
- 24 Ireland and Scotland September 2017
- 25 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?