My family (husband, wife, 14 y.o., 12 y.o. 10 y.o.) will be arriving in London on July 28th and departing August 22nd. We would like to explore the UK over the course of those 25 days, but we don't know how much is feasible.
We have thought of doing 2 days in London, then renting a car, driving through Wales, and heading to the western part of Scotland, then looping back down to Edinburgh. From there, we would fly to Dublin, rent a car, do a loop westward, then return before flying back to London.
If you had 25 days, what would you focus on (and what would you eliminate)? And, would you rent a car for most of it, or would you use train and ferries (and busses?) instead?
Any and all advice is greatly appreciated!
Silver Spring, MD
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Sicily Beach Resort
- 2 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 3 International drivers permit
- 4 Languedoc, Dordogne & Bordeaux Itinerary Expert Help Please
- 5 Châteauneuf-du-Pape Wine tours and Luberon Wine Producers
- 6 Two days in Rome
- 7 Classical Tour of Albania
- 8 First visit to London
- 9 One day in Berchtesgaden - what should we see
- 10 Anniversary trip to France
- 11 First family holiday to Europe & wanting advice
- 12 Austria + Italy 10 Days places to visit in July
- 13 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 14 Our recent CDG experience (Delta)
- 15 Where to stay - Honeymoon in Southern Tuscany
- 16 London is it worth it?
- 17 Ideas on our first Europe holiday
- 18 transportation from De Gaulle airport
- 19 NO Luggage Storage at Padua train station?
- 20 First Timers Traveling to Italy - Help!
- 21 Driving Bruges to Paris. Is it worth the drive?
- 22 Seeking Scenic Route from Bath to Devon
- 23 Early morning flight Venice/VCE
- 24 Day Trip Suggestions from Munich
- 25 Train from Paris to Reims for day trip