My family (husband, wife, 14 y.o., 12 y.o. 10 y.o.) will be arriving in London on July 28th and departing August 22nd. We would like to explore the UK over the course of those 25 days, but we don't know how much is feasible.
We have thought of doing 2 days in London, then renting a car, driving through Wales, and heading to the western part of Scotland, then looping back down to Edinburgh. From there, we would fly to Dublin, rent a car, do a loop westward, then return before flying back to London.
If you had 25 days, what would you focus on (and what would you eliminate)? And, would you rent a car for most of it, or would you use train and ferries (and busses?) instead?
Any and all advice is greatly appreciated!
Silver Spring, MD
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 10 Day Trip to Prague, Salzburg, Munich
- 2 Venice, Italy to Amalfi coast
- 3 German Train travel
- 4 Input on this 8 Day London Itinerary
- 5 Scandinavia Itinerary Advice
- 6 Gas/Petrol shortages in France?
- 7 Portugal Beaches 3-4 days
- 8 Solo backpacking for 5 weeks
- 9 Provence to Nice driving
- 10 Documentation Entering/Leaving Schengen Region
- 11 France: advice on where to go with young kids
- 12 Best 1 Day Bike Tour in Amsterdam
- 13 Plug ins for London and Paris
- 14 Help planning a driving trip in Eastern Europe in July
- 15 Barcelona on budget
- 16 Advice for England and France travels?
- 17 Do i need to validate international train tickets?
- 18 please revew provence agenda
- 19 Italy 2010 - Lake Garda to Rome via Dolomites, Verona, Bologna and Tuscany
- 20 Quick drive thru Luxmbourg
- 21 Catalunya, Cathars and Castles (and vino!)
- 22 Does anyone ever "meet the locals"?
- 23 Ireland - Northern or Western
- 24 Girls trip - Lisbon
- 25 Where to go in March??