My family (husband, wife, 14 y.o., 12 y.o. 10 y.o.) will be arriving in London on July 28th and departing August 22nd. We would like to explore the UK over the course of those 25 days, but we don't know how much is feasible.
We have thought of doing 2 days in London, then renting a car, driving through Wales, and heading to the western part of Scotland, then looping back down to Edinburgh. From there, we would fly to Dublin, rent a car, do a loop westward, then return before flying back to London.
If you had 25 days, what would you focus on (and what would you eliminate)? And, would you rent a car for most of it, or would you use train and ferries (and busses?) instead?
Any and all advice is greatly appreciated!
Silver Spring, MD
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Florence, Italy
- 2 Italy trains question
- 3 Madrid - Madrid - 9 days
- 4 Help. Medical escort needed after accident during holiday.
- 5 Planning a trip to Madrid and Granada
- 6 Girls Trip to Rome!
- 7 How to split time between Dubrovnik and Split?
- 8 Road Trip! Two weeks in Ireland with planning advice for you.
- 9 FCO connection time
- 10 Ireland Trip + 3 days in Dublin
- 11 Slovania & Croatia
- 12 Restauant Suggestions for our Spain Trip
- 13 Layover Madrid Info Help
- 14 Day Trips from Lisbon
- 15 Train rides
- 16 Departure Tax in UK
- 17 I'm back.....
- 18 Edinburgh to Bath - what is best option? train or plane
- 19 Naples to Pompeii
- 20 Our week in Italy - lucky with weather, missed impulse
- 21 European Championship
- 22 Amsterdam Hotel
- 23 Yorkshire Inn/Hotel/B&B with air conditioning?
- 24 Monti in Rome, your thoughts please
- 25 Trip Report, Madrid, Seville, Granada, Cordoba