My family (husband, wife, 14 y.o., 12 y.o. 10 y.o.) will be arriving in London on July 28th and departing August 22nd. We would like to explore the UK over the course of those 25 days, but we don't know how much is feasible.
We have thought of doing 2 days in London, then renting a car, driving through Wales, and heading to the western part of Scotland, then looping back down to Edinburgh. From there, we would fly to Dublin, rent a car, do a loop westward, then return before flying back to London.
If you had 25 days, what would you focus on (and what would you eliminate)? And, would you rent a car for most of it, or would you use train and ferries (and busses?) instead?
Any and all advice is greatly appreciated!
Silver Spring, MD
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Driving through Paris
- 2 Spanish Medical Providers
- 3 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 4 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 5 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 6 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 7 wondering if this trip too ambitious
- 8 Looking for a 5 star resort on Spanish coast for January
- 9 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 10 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 11 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 12 Zurich to Milan trip
- 13 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 14 Just the wine list please and Daisy came too.
- 15 Train help Lyon to Annecy to Montreaux
- 16 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 17 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 18 San Sebastián
- 19 Andalusia suggests - which order is best?
- 20 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 21 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 22 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 23 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 24 Destination ideas for 88 year old
- 25 Planning A trip