My family (husband, wife, 14 y.o., 12 y.o. 10 y.o.) will be arriving in London on July 28th and departing August 22nd. We would like to explore the UK over the course of those 25 days, but we don't know how much is feasible.
We have thought of doing 2 days in London, then renting a car, driving through Wales, and heading to the western part of Scotland, then looping back down to Edinburgh. From there, we would fly to Dublin, rent a car, do a loop westward, then return before flying back to London.
If you had 25 days, what would you focus on (and what would you eliminate)? And, would you rent a car for most of it, or would you use train and ferries (and busses?) instead?
Any and all advice is greatly appreciated!
Silver Spring, MD
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 ATM Exchange Rate in Italy
- 2 I forgot my international driver permit
- 3 Barcelona completely overrated
- 4 Is Bullfighting still going-on in Spain in October?
- 5 Seeking suggestions: Bavaria, Austria, Prague Trip in Fall
- 6 Thello EN220: Milano to Paris question
- 7 21 Days Family Trip Croatia-Budapest-Vienna-Prague-Munich
- 8 Ireland & Amsterdam
- 9 Holland Itinerary
- 10 Car Trawler
- 11 TRAVEL COMPANION WANTED
- 12 Procida for a day (or part of one) versus time on Capri
- 13 How to get to Giverny from Paris
- 14 weather/ flowers in bloom for a duoro river cruise in March or April
- 15 Printing Jungfrau Pass
- 16 Lucerne Activities - early October
- 17 Trip 6 to Rome and Amalfi
- 18 Vizeat -- Anybody tried it?
- 19 Going to Spain? Watch this movie.
- 20 Stay away from EF Tours
- 21 5 Days in Dublin
- 22 Baltic Cruise?
- 23 Car rental scams at Frankfurt airport
- 24 Northern Italy and a bit of Bavaria, a family trip
- 25 Ordering in a Deli