My family (husband, wife, 14 y.o., 12 y.o. 10 y.o.) will be arriving in London on July 28th and departing August 22nd. We would like to explore the UK over the course of those 25 days, but we don't know how much is feasible.
We have thought of doing 2 days in London, then renting a car, driving through Wales, and heading to the western part of Scotland, then looping back down to Edinburgh. From there, we would fly to Dublin, rent a car, do a loop westward, then return before flying back to London.
If you had 25 days, what would you focus on (and what would you eliminate)? And, would you rent a car for most of it, or would you use train and ferries (and busses?) instead?
Any and all advice is greatly appreciated!
Silver Spring, MD
UK for 25 days -- Itinerary Ideas?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 2 From Paris Charles De Gaulle Airport to 8, Champs Elysees, Paris
- 3 Three Week Graduation Trip to Amsterdam, Bruges, Berlin, and Paris
- 4 Hey Fodor's
- 5 Hurtigruten Rip-Off
- 6 Chinese Tourists in Paris: Not Always Happy
- 7 Paris to Annecy by Train
- 8 Which is a better hotel location in Rome
- 9 England, Scotland , Belguim
- 10 lauterbrunnen-wengen 4 days
- 11 Help us plan our first trip to Italy
- 12 Romania driving itinerary help needed
- 13 Paris GTG 10/1-10/8?
- 14 Air France strike is extended until 26 September
- 15 Stansted Express Tickets - Advance Purchase
- 16 Nice, Airbnb apartment rental
- 17 Two Sisters-in-law in Italy
- 18 Planning 18 day euro trip HELP
- 19 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 20 Looking for Suggestions - 12 Day Agenda for Greece
- 21 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 22 Haarlem Holland - Hotels or B&Bs
- 23 Drive from Granada to Seville
- 24 Rome, and Eastern Europe by older single woman
- 25 France in December 2014