My family (husband, wife, 14 y.o., 12 y.o. 10 y.o.) will be arriving in London on July 28th and departing August 22nd. We would like to explore the UK over the course of those 25 days, but we don't know how much is feasible.
We have thought of doing 2 days in London, then renting a car, driving through Wales, and heading to the western part of Scotland, then looping back down to Edinburgh. From there, we would fly to Dublin, rent a car, do a loop westward, then return before flying back to London.
If you had 25 days, what would you focus on (and what would you eliminate)? And, would you rent a car for most of it, or would you use train and ferries (and busses?) instead?
Any and all advice is greatly appreciated!
Silver Spring, MD
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 2 Van Crashes into crowded street in Barcelona
- 3 First trip to Greece (last minute!)
- 4 Berlin - Grouping attractions by location
- 5 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 6 Accommodations Amsterdam under 175€
- 7 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 8 Shorts in South of France?
- 9 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 10 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 11 barcelona neighborhood
- 12 Advice for Honeymoon in Iceland (5 days)
- 13 Corsica and Sardinia
- 14 Best Greek Island
- 15 Les Invalides Night Show
- 16 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 17 Regarding Residence Permit
- 18 ANY SUGGESTION WHICH AREA OF MADRID TO STAY FOR ACCOMODATION
- 19 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 20 Any recommendations for a week trip in late October-early November?
- 21 train from Bucharest to Brasov
- 22 Kroller-Muller Museum
- 23 limousine services - milan - rome
- 24 Taxi from Linate to lecco
- 25 My bucket list first trip to Italy