My family (husband, wife, 14 y.o., 12 y.o. 10 y.o.) will be arriving in London on July 28th and departing August 22nd. We would like to explore the UK over the course of those 25 days, but we don't know how much is feasible.
We have thought of doing 2 days in London, then renting a car, driving through Wales, and heading to the western part of Scotland, then looping back down to Edinburgh. From there, we would fly to Dublin, rent a car, do a loop westward, then return before flying back to London.
If you had 25 days, what would you focus on (and what would you eliminate)? And, would you rent a car for most of it, or would you use train and ferries (and busses?) instead?
Any and all advice is greatly appreciated!
Silver Spring, MD
UK for 25 days -- Itinerary Ideas?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Which is a better hotel location in Rome
- 2 What to do when your intra-Europe flight gets delayed?
- 3 10-Hr Auto Tour o Lisbon,Portugal
- 4 Tipping in the UK
- 5 Planning 18 day euro trip HELP
- 6 Only 2+ hours for Schonbrunn Palace...timing question
- 7 at what point should one get health insurance
- 8 Lucerne Switzerland
- 9 Wurzburg/Regensburg Weather in April
- 10 Four weeks driving thru Italy October 2014
- 11 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 12 Travel Cards / just made a $70 mistake?
- 13 Southern Spain - What to SEE, what to BUY - what NOT to miss
- 14 Greek Islands in October - who's open?
- 15 Easyjet; Vueling; Ryanair "Carryon" Question
- 16 Italy Travelogue, part I (Rome)
- 17 Italy..Tuscany Cinque Terre or Amalfi & Calabria Scilily
- 18 Should one go to an iconic place to eat something not very palatable?
- 19 Solo grad trip in Europe, 24 days in November! Critique appreciated.
- 20 Amsterdam, Antwerp, Bruges over New Years
- 21 Ventimiglia to Trieste
- 22 2 weeks in Spain
- 23 Walking in the dales: Sedbergh or Malhamdale?
- 24 Our Eastern Europe trip is at hand - I could use some hotel suggestions.
- 25 Croatia via Venice for two weeks - itinerary suggestions