My family (husband, wife, 14 y.o., 12 y.o. 10 y.o.) will be arriving in London on July 28th and departing August 22nd. We would like to explore the UK over the course of those 25 days, but we don't know how much is feasible.
We have thought of doing 2 days in London, then renting a car, driving through Wales, and heading to the western part of Scotland, then looping back down to Edinburgh. From there, we would fly to Dublin, rent a car, do a loop westward, then return before flying back to London.
If you had 25 days, what would you focus on (and what would you eliminate)? And, would you rent a car for most of it, or would you use train and ferries (and busses?) instead?
Any and all advice is greatly appreciated!
Silver Spring, MD
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Kroller-Muller - Paleis Het Loo - Maurithuis
- 2 French Election - Questions???
- 3 French election
- 4 Barcelona, Bilboa, Cuena, Madrid
- 5 Torre Sponda apartments in Positano- anyone familiar?
- 6 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 7 Moving Around Amalfi without a car
- 8 Should I book my own guide for the Lourve and Versaille?
- 9 Lucerne and Innsbruck
- 10 Help me bookend our Bologna stay in December
- 11 What is the best travel insurance company?
- 12 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??
- 13 2 weeks Europe trip
- 14 Leather goods in Florence
- 15 Lodging in Zurich and Lucerne?
- 16 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 17 ALMERIA - 1 Day Excusions
- 18 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 19 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 20 UZES & NIMES OR Orange & Châteauneuf du Pape
- 21 To Paris Beauvais? Thursday the 27th am?
- 22 Need Help with German Train Schedule
- 23 dinner jackets
- 24 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 25 Paris & Cote d'Azur Trip report