My family (husband, wife, 14 y.o., 12 y.o. 10 y.o.) will be arriving in London on July 28th and departing August 22nd. We would like to explore the UK over the course of those 25 days, but we don't know how much is feasible.
We have thought of doing 2 days in London, then renting a car, driving through Wales, and heading to the western part of Scotland, then looping back down to Edinburgh. From there, we would fly to Dublin, rent a car, do a loop westward, then return before flying back to London.
If you had 25 days, what would you focus on (and what would you eliminate)? And, would you rent a car for most of it, or would you use train and ferries (and busses?) instead?
Any and all advice is greatly appreciated!
Silver Spring, MD
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scotland/UK itinerary
- 2 1 week solo in Europe. Which of these?
- 3 Spain / Barcelona, Seville & Toledo - May 2017
- 4 Camino Redux
- 5 Best stop between Split and Dubrovnik?
- 6 Swiss Flex pass and half fare pass
- 7 First Post, Lots of Questions
- 8 Naxos hotel question
- 9 PLITVICE LAKES
- 10 Hotel in Amsterdam
- 11 Planning 2 days in Granada
- 12 Reykjavik Trip Report
- 13 Trip Report and Photos - The Baltics – Tallinn, Riga and Vilnius
- 14 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 15 Update on buying SIM Card at FCO
- 16 Charming hotel in Milan?
- 17 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 18 Tuscany in late Oct / early Nov 2016?
- 19 Juangfrau / mt
- 20 5 day stay - ideas of best place to visit in December
- 21 Lots of walking, amazing scenery & wine - 3 weeks France & Germany.
- 22 Europe Itinerary
- 23 Help Choosing Castle Hotel in England
- 24 Which bus from Bratislava train station
- 25 Venice, September 2016, a trip report (sort of).