My family (husband, wife, 14 y.o., 12 y.o. 10 y.o.) will be arriving in London on July 28th and departing August 22nd. We would like to explore the UK over the course of those 25 days, but we don't know how much is feasible.
We have thought of doing 2 days in London, then renting a car, driving through Wales, and heading to the western part of Scotland, then looping back down to Edinburgh. From there, we would fly to Dublin, rent a car, do a loop westward, then return before flying back to London.
If you had 25 days, what would you focus on (and what would you eliminate)? And, would you rent a car for most of it, or would you use train and ferries (and busses?) instead?
Any and all advice is greatly appreciated!
Silver Spring, MD
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Road trip to Spanish Pyrenees - Suggestions?
- 2 Ephesus - Tour A or B??
- 3 릴게임신천지상어 ◑접속:='kss998.com'
- 4 Train up the Jungfrau
- 5 Alternative for Rustem Pasa Kulliyesi
- 6 3 months in Switzerland this summer, need suggestions on weekend trips
- 7 I cuisine vs Cookin With Class
- 8 England + France 12-day itinerary
- 9 credit and debit cards
- 10 Labor Day in Paris
- 11 Drive from MXP to Lake Como (Moltrasio)
- 12 Help with Transportation Options in London
- 13 Sardinia or Corsica??
- 14 Ger’s Paris Trip Report: February 2017
- 15 Morgan Hotel London for solo female
- 16 Short Trip to Paris
- 17 Driver"s License & Language
- 18 New notes and coins and death dates for old ones
- 19 Late april early may or october for paris and italy?
- 20 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
- 21 I may be wrong....
- 22 Which 2 towns as base for Brittany and Normandy
- 23 8-Week Itinerary in Europe (for my 40th Birthday)
- 24 Nowhere 'safe' : London attack
- 25 National Parks close to Malgrat de Mar or Barcelona recommendations