My husband and I are planning a two week trip to the UK in mid October and we are thinking of using public transportation the entire time, trains, buses, etc ......starting in Edinburgh, to the highlands, castles, distilleries, Stonehenge, etc ending in London for 5 days What are your thoughts on the feasibility of this. Also, when it shows that it rains nearly everyday, is that all day everyday? Thank you for your assistance.
UK by rail?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 2 Umbria - planning for 3 or 4 days in April
- 3 Norway- 1 week trip in May
- 4 Day trip from split to avoid cruise crowds
- 5 Planning a trip to the Baltics
- 6 Quiet beach town in Italy?
- 7 I finally have my Scotland trip all booked.
- 8 One Week in Amsterdam with Children
- 9 Visiting Bastogne and nearby - should I stay there or Liege or elsewhere?
- 10 ISO London Flat w/Washer/Dryer Early May
- 11 Should I buy Euro's now?
- 12 Food options near Tower (& Leadenhall Mkt?)
- 13 England in 7 days
- 14 Looking for nice regions with good public transport
- 15 Looking for 5* Beach Resort
- 16 Up coming strikes at Spanish airports 2015
- 17 Scotland 4 days / 5 nights - Itinerary ideas?!
- 18 first trip to Spain - questions and itinerary review
- 19 To Prague or not to Prague
- 20 Is Scotland and Northern England still green in October?
- 21 6 Days in Italy - all in Rome or divide it between Rome and Florence?
- 22 Gastehaus Alpenkranz
- 23 Taking a 5 day trip to Europe
- 24 Ireland's west coast
- 25 Louvre vs. Orsay/Rodin