Thanks to the powers that be at American Airlines (or on second thought Iberia?) our flight was changed and we will now be treated to a 5 hour layover at MAD on our way home to the US. I did some research and it looks as though that's not enough time to get into Madrid. But is it enough time to get anywhere? If so, we would check most of our stuff going home and jump on a train. Any thoughts? This will be on Saturday, Jan. 21 if that makes a difference.
Besides a book, newspaper, computer, are there any noteworthy diversions at the airport?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Couscous
- 2 Bernese Oberland
- 3 My Topic Title Edinburgh to Heathrow BA flight on Monday Question?
- 4 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 5 Switzerland swiss mountain passes so confusing, jungfrou
- 6 Moscow Favorites
- 7 Sarlat & Surrounding Towns Restaurants
- 8 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 9 Purchasing travel insurance in the UK
- 10 TIM in FCO - update
- 11 Need help deciphering benefits of Swiss train pass vs German 25% off...
- 12 Life's most embarrassing moments
- 13 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 14 Europe Winter Itinerary
- 15 Rome-Switzerland-Paris-Rome 2 week trip
- 16 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 17 Swimming in Lake Bled?
- 18 Itinerary Advice - Dublin to Shannon
- 19 Train/car from Madrid to Toledo tomorrow
- 20 Ideas for vacation to Germany
- 21 Proposed electronics ban and questions about my Kindle
- 22 Cartagena Spain
- 23 Snowmobile tracks in Lapland
- 24 Trip to Switzerland
- 25 Base for Hidcote, etc. from London