Thanks to the powers that be at American Airlines (or on second thought Iberia?) our flight was changed and we will now be treated to a 5 hour layover at MAD on our way home to the US. I did some research and it looks as though that's not enough time to get into Madrid. But is it enough time to get anywhere? If so, we would check most of our stuff going home and jump on a train. Any thoughts? This will be on Saturday, Jan. 21 if that makes a difference.
Besides a book, newspaper, computer, are there any noteworthy diversions at the airport?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 2 We're here!
- 3 Vienna, Austria for 5 days in early June
- 4 Madrid and Granada in Jan
- 5 Malaga City Center Hotels
- 6 Versailles tour with evening light show
- 7 5 days near Munich, Germany in late-May
- 8 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 9 Paris + Amsterdam: where to stay
- 10 Ferry - Dubrovnik to Bari - Cabins
- 11 Is Eiffel tower closed from 25-31 Dec?
- 12 London: Flaming June and Pirates of Penzeance!
- 13 Escargots in Paris
- 14 Paris: Where to find Steak Tartar and Escargot?
- 15 Acropolis Athens
- 16 Vacation in Great Britain
- 17 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 18 Fodors IT team, ITS TIME.
- 19 Interesting places to visit
- 20 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 21 Trip Ideas
- 22 Full day in Sintra..what to focus on
- 23 Switzerland Itinerary in 5 days early-June
- 24 Travel options from Budapest to Zagreb
- 25 Reliable tour companies for day trips?