Thanks to the powers that be at American Airlines (or on second thought Iberia?) our flight was changed and we will now be treated to a 5 hour layover at MAD on our way home to the US. I did some research and it looks as though that's not enough time to get into Madrid. But is it enough time to get anywhere? If so, we would check most of our stuff going home and jump on a train. Any thoughts? This will be on Saturday, Jan. 21 if that makes a difference.
Besides a book, newspaper, computer, are there any noteworthy diversions at the airport?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Aix-en-Provence for a day
- 2 Arrival in Berlin on Christmas Day?
- 3 Can I buy a Sim card at FCO? Terminal 3
- 4 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 5 Bordeaux to Nice
- 6 Travel in Europe
- 7 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 8 Help me decide which major city to cut based on time of year.
- 9 London and Paris - 3 days each
- 10 Possible French strike on 9/21
- 11 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 12 Whathello Paris
- 13 Multiplug, Surge Protector needed?
- 14 sylvenstein road in Bavaria
- 15 Athens Help
- 16 Crete Holiday
- 17 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 18 Rome to Venice
- 19 One free day in Barcelona
- 20 Roman (and Florentine, Venetian) Holiday with la Principessa
- 21 November in Rome
- 22 Rouen or Rennes to pick up Rental Car
- 23 Granada in April; add Malaga?
- 24 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna
- 25 Trains in Italy