Our family will be traveling to Italy the first two weeks of August. During our stop in Florence we have schedule a visit to both Uffizi and Academia. I tried booking tickets thru their official web site http://www.b-ticket.com/b-ticket/uffizi/default.aspx but the site does not work properly, it times out often. I was able to make a reservation to both museums by calling the ticket office 055-294-883. Their ticket officer was really in a rush to get rid of the call and besides the reservation # she only told me i would have to pick up the tickets at the window. There were no confirmation sent by email, payment requested, she didn't even ask for my full name, just last name.
My question is, Are the big lines on these museums are to pick up the tickets for those who have reservations or to buy tickets?
Seems a lot of the re-seller sites like the ones below advertise the no wait in lines, also the re-seller's available times are earlier than the official web site.
We are hoping to get some input from anyone that has visited recently. We are traveling with two toddlers and like to give them breaks off the strollers in between museums. Comment we found we several sites suggest to spend at least 3 hours on Uffizi so we decided to break it down into two visits.
Should we keep our reservation made by phone or should we consider a re-seller?
as always thanks for your input
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What tips can you give about packing?
- 2 Murren to Prague
- 3 Madrid airport question
- 4 European Travel & Trivia Quiz #162
- 5 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 6 Sintra
- 7 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 8 The Dordogne & Loire Valley?
- 9 Aix Provence
- 10 best Provence itinerary to see Verdon Gorge
- 11 How the kids age calculated
- 12 Vegetarian Food in Spain & Portugal
- 13 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 14 Cotswolds or Lake District Walking Tour
- 15 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 16 Painted Hall in London well worth a visit!!
- 17 Crete/Athens June 2017
- 18 Taxi Cost / Uber Question
- 19 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 20 Cordoba Overnight?
- 21 Madrid Hotel; Europa, Preciados or Petit Palace Posada de Peine?
- 22 Fes to Southern Spain (Jerez, Malaga)
- 23 Portugal - 2 week honeymoon itinerary - Looking for feedback
- 24 ST.TROPEZ - 1 day Excursions
- 25 One night in Rome
Uffizi Academia Lines Ticket Pickup Official Vs Re-Seller Recommendations