Our family will be traveling to Italy the first two weeks of August. During our stop in Florence we have schedule a visit to both Uffizi and Academia. I tried booking tickets thru their official web site http://www.b-ticket.com/b-ticket/uffizi/default.aspx but the site does not work properly, it times out often. I was able to make a reservation to both museums by calling the ticket office 055-294-883. Their ticket officer was really in a rush to get rid of the call and besides the reservation # she only told me i would have to pick up the tickets at the window. There were no confirmation sent by email, payment requested, she didn't even ask for my full name, just last name.
My question is, Are the big lines on these museums are to pick up the tickets for those who have reservations or to buy tickets?
Seems a lot of the re-seller sites like the ones below advertise the no wait in lines, also the re-seller's available times are earlier than the official web site.
We are hoping to get some input from anyone that has visited recently. We are traveling with two toddlers and like to give them breaks off the strollers in between museums. Comment we found we several sites suggest to spend at least 3 hours on Uffizi so we decided to break it down into two visits.
Should we keep our reservation made by phone or should we consider a re-seller?
as always thanks for your input
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 2 Brussels Hotel Recommendation
- 3 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 4 Athens Help
- 5 A quick visit to Hampton Court
- 6 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 7 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 8 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 9 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 10 Trip report: Portugal, Barcelona and Switzerland
- 11 Trains in Italy
- 12 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 13 Uber vs. TfL
- 14 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 15 Swimming in Camogli, Santa Margherita Ligure, Italy
- 16 TikiTouringTwins - toddler travel
- 17 Alitala
- 18 Selecting the right Travel Pass (or not at all)
- 19 celticmoon, a quick question
- 20 Can you tell me about using "The Fork" for reserving and savings?
- 21 What fresh hell is this?
- 22 Firenze, Venezia, Cruise, Cinque Terre, Nce
- 23 Which Train Station in Venice
- 24 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 25 Greek Village
Uffizi Academia Lines Ticket Pickup Official Vs Re-Seller Recommendations