Our family will be traveling to Italy the first two weeks of August. During our stop in Florence we have schedule a visit to both Uffizi and Academia. I tried booking tickets thru their official web site http://www.b-ticket.com/b-ticket/uffizi/default.aspx but the site does not work properly, it times out often. I was able to make a reservation to both museums by calling the ticket office 055-294-883. Their ticket officer was really in a rush to get rid of the call and besides the reservation # she only told me i would have to pick up the tickets at the window. There were no confirmation sent by email, payment requested, she didn't even ask for my full name, just last name.
My question is, Are the big lines on these museums are to pick up the tickets for those who have reservations or to buy tickets?
Seems a lot of the re-seller sites like the ones below advertise the no wait in lines, also the re-seller's available times are earlier than the official web site.
We are hoping to get some input from anyone that has visited recently. We are traveling with two toddlers and like to give them breaks off the strollers in between museums. Comment we found we several sites suggest to spend at least 3 hours on Uffizi so we decided to break it down into two visits.
Should we keep our reservation made by phone or should we consider a re-seller?
as always thanks for your input
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 2 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 3 getting to CDG
- 4 Towersey, London
- 5 If you had to choose one......
- 6 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 7 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 8 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 9 Stop between Umbria and Firenze
- 10 Day trips ideas from Lausanne, Switzerland
- 11 Preliminary planning -- a month in Greece
- 12 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 13 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 14 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 15 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 16 Cycling with KIDS - Dordogne, France, (Combiers) APRIL 2017
- 17 Northern Spain vs Portugal, where spend more time ?
- 18 Figueres: trains and timing from Barcelona
- 19 2 Months - Dubrovnik to Frankfurt Itinerary
- 20 How many nights to spend in Granada and Malaga & a few other questions
- 21 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 22 Amalfi Coast help
- 23 Cetona, Barbarino Val d'elsa or Greve?
- 24 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 25 Ireland in April
Uffizi Academia Lines Ticket Pickup Official Vs Re-Seller Recommendations