"All bets are off on the 38 billion pound rail improvement scheme with high-speed lines thru the Midlands shelved - only the electrification of Great Western trains remains on schedule but no real high-speed rail for the U.K. which has only one line authentically serving to be called a high-speed line - the Channel Tunnel Rail Link Eurostar trains and a few commuter trains speed over.
So the U.K. remains far behind the likes of Germany, Holland, Blegium, Italy and even Spain in not having a true high-speed rail network. As the number of U.K. rail passengers has doubled in the past 20 years (article say) trains are getting more full and old rail lines saturated yet Britain has its head in the ground on providing a truly modern European rail network. Mind the gap in rail infrastructure and get used to cramped uncomfy slow milk trains typical of today's Britain.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 http://trycognimaxiq.com/lash-rejuv/
- 2 TIM in FCO - update
- 3 Visa Query
- 4 London in Winter Report
- 5 Visit to Sardinia
- 6 My thoughts go to Manchester
- 7 Denied entry to UK; could this give me problems going to Estonia?
- 8 Allocating time in Barcelona - Gaudi tickets
- 9 Legal documents assistants
- 10 Is skip the queue for Versailles worth it
- 11 ATM help
- 12 ATM
- 13 Solo in Paris and looking for the best neighborhood
- 14 First family holiday to Europe & wanting advice
- 15 Area for a 2 Week Stay in Malaga
- 16 London is it worth it?
- 17 Renting a car for France thru BritishAirways.com instead of AutoEurope
- 18 Montserrat Express
- 19 FIndng Vintage French Workwear in Paris
- 20 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 21 Inside the Red Light District so you don't have to be
- 22 Mobile wifi for Europe travel
- 23 Châteauneuf-du-Pape Wine tours and Luberon Wine Producers
- 24 Help with Scotland Itinerary
- 25 Is Dalamatian Coast similar to Amalfi Coast in terms of travel logistics?