"All bets are off on the 38 billion pound rail improvement scheme with high-speed lines thru the Midlands shelved - only the electrification of Great Western trains remains on schedule but no real high-speed rail for the U.K. which has only one line authentically serving to be called a high-speed line - the Channel Tunnel Rail Link Eurostar trains and a few commuter trains speed over.
So the U.K. remains far behind the likes of Germany, Holland, Blegium, Italy and even Spain in not having a true high-speed rail network. As the number of U.K. rail passengers has doubled in the past 20 years (article say) trains are getting more full and old rail lines saturated yet Britain has its head in the ground on providing a truly modern European rail network. Mind the gap in rail infrastructure and get used to cramped uncomfy slow milk trains typical of today's Britain.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 NORTON@ Installation renewal CONTACT ☎18006817208 NORTON Tec*h supp0rt 24/7
- 2 bellsouth Installation Contact 1:800:681:7208 bellsouth Tec*h care
- 3 Spanish Medical Providers
- 4 Quizz !
- 5 Base recommendation for Mosel and Rhine
- 6 Schengen Rule
- 7 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 8 Trip Report 14th-17th October
- 9 Russia in two weeks in December
- 10 Speeding ticket in France, need help understanding ticket
- 11 Visiting Plitivce National Park
- 12 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 13 Amalfi Coast - November - Few Questions/Queries in our mind
- 14 9 Days in Spain
- 15 Orvieto - dealbreaker? Hourly bell chimes even in the night?
- 16 Norway Honeymoon
- 17 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 18 It’s Thursday, it must be Seyðisfjörður. A 10 day Iceland road trip
- 19 Southern Iceland itinerary add-ons!
- 20 Restaurants Barcelona , Seville and Granada
- 21 Our future trip to Greece
- 22 Basing on the Akrotiri Penisula in Crete?
- 23 Which car rental company to use in Croatia?
- 24 First, jet lagged day, in Barcelona
- 25 Ok then, what trip was difficult to organize?