We have finally decided to stay within southern France on our upcoming two week summer vacation in late July / early August. We are a family of fours (my husband and I and our two boys, ages 15 and 17, who enjoy travel as much as we do).
We believe there is enough to visit in these two weeks and as well give us time to relax and simply enjoy the time away.
We have return flights in and out of Nice (we booked direct flights at a great price) and we are wondering where we should base ourselves in addition to Nice. We do not want to move around too much and three different places would be the most we would consider (two would be even better). We were thinking about a second base in Hyeres as we would like to visit the Island of Porquerolles. If you have any other beautiful towns to base out of, please let us know.
As we are leaving from Nice, we would want to stay a few days in Nice when we arrive and a few days before we leave, and use the time in the middle to travel along the Cote D'Azur and maybe go further afield (we will rent a car for the time we are outside Nice). We do want to visit St-Tropez, even for a day, but we know that getting there by car during the summer is a mess. We would consider the 2.5 hour boat ride from Nice, but would it be better to stay a few days in Sainte Maxime and take the 20 minute boat shuttle from there?
We have made a list of the towns and villages we would like to see, but we understand that seeing them all will not be possible.
From Nice (all within 40 km):
Vence and St-Paul-de-Vence
From Hyeres (all within 180 km):
We would want a few days at a sandy, beautiful beach as well and really enjoy the evenings in medieval towns along the mediterranean.
Thanks you so much.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 체리게임 c p s 33 . c o m
- 2 3 days in Spain - help where?!
- 3 체리바둑이 c p s 33 . c o m
- 4 8 in Rome or Rome + Amalfi in June
- 5 Safety in Rome
- 6 Seeking reasonable itinerary
- 7 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 8 Lunch near Amboise, Loire Valley
- 9 Europe First Timers
- 10 Greek Village
- 11 Crete Holiday
- 12 Athens Help
- 13 One free day in Barcelona
- 14 Apartment Montreux area
- 15 Uber vs. TfL
- 16 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 17 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 18 Trip Report: Amsterdam and Antwerp, May-June 2014
- 19 base in brussels
- 20 Rome or Venice first
- 21 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 22 Eloping in London, honeymooning in Paris!
- 23 Berlin
- 24 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 25 LONG Trip Report Barcelona & Costa Brava June 2017