I have a tentative plan for our two weeks in Scotland and hope you all will share if I am missing a "must see". We are renting a car, so will have that flexibility.
Day 1, Arrive in Edinburgh airport, Drive to Perth. Visit Scone Palace and overnight Perth.
Day 2, From Perth to Aberlour through the Cairngorms. Distillary tour, overnight Aberlour.
Day 3, Explore Coastal area, Macduff, Portsoy, back to Elgin Cathedral. Overnight Elgin
Day 4, Inverness, Culloden Battlefield. Overnight Inverness
Day 5, Loch Ness, Urquhart Castle, Overnight Inverness
Day 6, Eilean Donan Castle, on to Isle of Skye. Overnight Isle of Skye
Day 7, Explore Isle of Skye. Overnight Skye
Day 8, Explore Isle of Skye, Overnight Skye
Day 9, Ferry to Mallaig, on to Glencoe, Dunstaffnage Castle, to Oban, overnight Oban.
Day 10, Boat trip to Mull, Iona and Staffa, overnight Oban.
Day 11, Oban to drive thru Trossachs then on to Stirling Castle and overnight Edinburgh.
Days 12, 13 and 14 Edinburgh.
Day 15, leave Scotland
I know Glasgow is not on the list, but my husband's family is connected to the Isle of Skye, so he wanted to spend more time in the highlands and islands. But if the consensus is we MUST see Glasgow, could we do that as a day trip from Edinburgh? I have selected a few castles along the way, but will have to play those by ear. Husband can only see so many... But if there is one (or two) must see's along this route, please share.
Thanks so much!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Barcelona and Paris with Wine In-between
- 2 Comments on possible day trips fromSt Remy de Provence
- 3 Passport 6-month validity requirement is for ENTRY date, not exit, right?
- 4 Transportation for students btw Munich, Salzburg, Vienna, Prague, Krakow
- 5 London vacation, 1st time in UK
- 6 Advice on Bethnal Green, Shoreditch area London
- 7 Train tickets from Switzerland to Venice and back with Swiss Travel Pass
- 8 How would you piece these together?Piedmont,Tuscany, Bologna, Umbria
- 9 Solo backpacking for 5 weeks
- 10 TAP airlines & other questions
- 11 Amafi to Naples - private driver? Other options?
- 12 Netflix and Hulu
- 13 Restaurant Recommendations in Rome
- 14 Paris hotels
- 15 traveling to stockholm with four kids (11)
- 16 Viking Ship Museums and Open Air Museums
- 17 Florence with 11 & 13 year old
- 18 Naples
- 19 Cost of Taxi from Ravello to Positano?
- 20 England--Cambridge on a Sunday (SIM card? Restaurants)
- 21 First Trip to Europe, HELP
- 22 Lisbon and Spain-"must see" advance tix?
- 23 Amalfi October 16-25
- 24 Anyone used the new airline La Compagnie
- 25 11 Days - Ljubljana, Croatia, Sarajevo