I have a tentative plan for our two weeks in Scotland and hope you all will share if I am missing a "must see". We are renting a car, so will have that flexibility.
Day 1, Arrive in Edinburgh airport, Drive to Perth. Visit Scone Palace and overnight Perth.
Day 2, From Perth to Aberlour through the Cairngorms. Distillary tour, overnight Aberlour.
Day 3, Explore Coastal area, Macduff, Portsoy, back to Elgin Cathedral. Overnight Elgin
Day 4, Inverness, Culloden Battlefield. Overnight Inverness
Day 5, Loch Ness, Urquhart Castle, Overnight Inverness
Day 6, Eilean Donan Castle, on to Isle of Skye. Overnight Isle of Skye
Day 7, Explore Isle of Skye. Overnight Skye
Day 8, Explore Isle of Skye, Overnight Skye
Day 9, Ferry to Mallaig, on to Glencoe, Dunstaffnage Castle, to Oban, overnight Oban.
Day 10, Boat trip to Mull, Iona and Staffa, overnight Oban.
Day 11, Oban to drive thru Trossachs then on to Stirling Castle and overnight Edinburgh.
Days 12, 13 and 14 Edinburgh.
Day 15, leave Scotland
I know Glasgow is not on the list, but my husband's family is connected to the Isle of Skye, so he wanted to spend more time in the highlands and islands. But if the consensus is we MUST see Glasgow, could we do that as a day trip from Edinburgh? I have selected a few castles along the way, but will have to play those by ear. Husband can only see so many... But if there is one (or two) must see's along this route, please share.
Thanks so much!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 The annual Ganesha procession in Paris
- 2 Ireland one week
- 3 Travel WiFi - France
- 4 Train reservatiions needed in Switzerland in October?
- 5 Day Trip to Greenland from Reykjavik
- 6 Seville in late January
- 7 Berlin restaurant recs
- 8 Guides - Matera
- 9 4 nights between Zeebrugge and Strasbourg
- 10 Orleans to Amboise on a Sunday
- 11 Trip Report: Bulgaria, Danube River cruise, and more, May 2016
- 12 3 days to spend in europe
- 13 Train Ticket with Swiss Pass or individual ticket?
- 14 RFID Protection
- 15 Spain Trip Report
- 16 3 Weeks in Italy near Milan
- 17 20 free days of Europe
- 18 Help! American needs to get into Italy after staying >90 days
- 19 Glasgow and surrounding area help
- 20 Limo from Heathrow
- 21 Which Dordogne caves can be easily seen without advance reservations?
- 22 Iceland Trip Report - Very Long!
- 23 Iceland Trip report
- 24 What's the Best way to go to çekirge bursa
- 25 Gelato course in Rome?