I have a tentative plan for our two weeks in Scotland and hope you all will share if I am missing a "must see". We are renting a car, so will have that flexibility.
Day 1, Arrive in Edinburgh airport, Drive to Perth. Visit Scone Palace and overnight Perth.
Day 2, From Perth to Aberlour through the Cairngorms. Distillary tour, overnight Aberlour.
Day 3, Explore Coastal area, Macduff, Portsoy, back to Elgin Cathedral. Overnight Elgin
Day 4, Inverness, Culloden Battlefield. Overnight Inverness
Day 5, Loch Ness, Urquhart Castle, Overnight Inverness
Day 6, Eilean Donan Castle, on to Isle of Skye. Overnight Isle of Skye
Day 7, Explore Isle of Skye. Overnight Skye
Day 8, Explore Isle of Skye, Overnight Skye
Day 9, Ferry to Mallaig, on to Glencoe, Dunstaffnage Castle, to Oban, overnight Oban.
Day 10, Boat trip to Mull, Iona and Staffa, overnight Oban.
Day 11, Oban to drive thru Trossachs then on to Stirling Castle and overnight Edinburgh.
Days 12, 13 and 14 Edinburgh.
Day 15, leave Scotland
I know Glasgow is not on the list, but my husband's family is connected to the Isle of Skye, so he wanted to spend more time in the highlands and islands. But if the consensus is we MUST see Glasgow, could we do that as a day trip from Edinburgh? I have selected a few castles along the way, but will have to play those by ear. Husband can only see so many... But if there is one (or two) must see's along this route, please share.
Thanks so much!!
Two weeks in Scotland
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Does cinque terre merit three days
- 2 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 3 Sweden, Denmark, Norway
- 4 England and Scotland
- 5 Planning a trip to the Baltics
- 6 Info requested for Paris, Strasbourg and Berlin
- 7 Dublin to Armagh?
- 8 Solo Scotland May 2014
- 9 A photo report on Reykjavik, Iceland
- 10 Gite and/or agritourism
- 11 Apartment for family trip to London
- 12 Prebook B&Bs
- 13 Switzerland
- 14 London, Paris, Rome Trip Report
- 15 Munich - (2) nights plus an extra evening - your suggestions?
- 16 Trains in Italy
- 17 20 days in Germany
- 18 How much do you spend on travel in Europe?
- 19 Are 9 Days Too Much for the Dordogne?
- 20 Euro Quiz #4 - Europe's Ten Tallest Cathedrals...
- 21 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 22 No Starbucks in Italy?
- 23 Athens/Istanbul March
- 24 French open
- 25 Suggestions for Scandinavian Movies, Radio and Music. Can you help?