I have a tentative plan for our two weeks in Scotland and hope you all will share if I am missing a "must see". We are renting a car, so will have that flexibility.
Day 1, Arrive in Edinburgh airport, Drive to Perth. Visit Scone Palace and overnight Perth.
Day 2, From Perth to Aberlour through the Cairngorms. Distillary tour, overnight Aberlour.
Day 3, Explore Coastal area, Macduff, Portsoy, back to Elgin Cathedral. Overnight Elgin
Day 4, Inverness, Culloden Battlefield. Overnight Inverness
Day 5, Loch Ness, Urquhart Castle, Overnight Inverness
Day 6, Eilean Donan Castle, on to Isle of Skye. Overnight Isle of Skye
Day 7, Explore Isle of Skye. Overnight Skye
Day 8, Explore Isle of Skye, Overnight Skye
Day 9, Ferry to Mallaig, on to Glencoe, Dunstaffnage Castle, to Oban, overnight Oban.
Day 10, Boat trip to Mull, Iona and Staffa, overnight Oban.
Day 11, Oban to drive thru Trossachs then on to Stirling Castle and overnight Edinburgh.
Days 12, 13 and 14 Edinburgh.
Day 15, leave Scotland
I know Glasgow is not on the list, but my husband's family is connected to the Isle of Skye, so he wanted to spend more time in the highlands and islands. But if the consensus is we MUST see Glasgow, could we do that as a day trip from Edinburgh? I have selected a few castles along the way, but will have to play those by ear. Husband can only see so many... But if there is one (or two) must see's along this route, please share.
Thanks so much!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris, the Bernese Oberland, and Bavaria with 2 kids
- 2 More Info >>> http://boosthightestosterones.com/nitrobuild-plus/
- 3 Avoid Viking River Cruises
- 4 Southern Italy
- 5 transfer from Civitavecchia to Fiumicino airport
- 6 Favorite restaurants in Paris
- 7 French Gov't Passes New Labor Law Despite...
- 8 European Travel in March
- 9 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 10 Europe itinerary
- 11 Four favorite things to do in Paris during the Christmas holidays
- 12 Iceland in 4 days?
- 13 Tuscan Winery Suggestions
- 14 Sept Help Needed Hotels & Timing: Budapest, Prague, Berlin, Amsterdam
- 15 Day in Dublin with Private Guide
- 16 Favorite restaurants in Barcelona, Seville, Granada, San Sebastian
- 17 Favorite restaurants in Amsterdam
- 18 Madrid city centre?
- 19 Barcelona extension
- 20 Ireland driving itinerary
- 21 Slovania & Croatia
- 22 Barcelona Car rental return
- 23 Help needed for Netherlands itinerary please
- 24 Manchester on derby weekend
- 25 BIKE AND BARGE