First real post here but have been reading replies for quite a while. My wife and I will have two weeks in Italy for our 10th anniversary this May-June. We are relatively seasoned Europe travelers and have both been to Italy multiple times, most recently two weeks in 2008. For our tenth anniversary we are looking primarily to:
- Stay in great hotels (lodging budget $200-$300 per night, less is fine too)
- Eat great food
- Drink Awesome wine
We have hit all of the major sites / cities before so outside of a night or two in Rome prior to our flight out I don't anticipate spending much, if any time in major cities like Florence, Siena, Venice, Milan etc.
We are also planning on renting a car. Right now I am trying to get a handle on how much driving we want to do and how many different hotels we want to stay in. The middle part of the trip is really the most challenging and is based around deciding between Piedmont and Emilia Romagna both of which are regions we have never been to. In my mind I am thinking something along the lines of:
Days 1-3: Umbria, stay in Norcia at http://www.palazzoseneca.com
Days 4-6: Tuscany, stay near Montalcino, potentially at: http://www.castellodivelona.it
Days: 7-10: Piedmont or Emilia Romagna, looking at: http://www.hotelcastellodisinio.com
Days: 11-12: Cinque Terre, Vernazza, http://www.lamala.it/en/
Day 13: Rome, Hotel undetermined
What I am really looking for are recommendations on the following:
- Best towns to visit in each of the regions mentioned (Umbria, Tuscany, Piedmont, Emilia-Romagna)
- Your opinion of the pacing of this trip, is this too much driving to still allow for a relaxed pace.
- Hotel recommendations - the above are listed as examples of the type of lodging we would love which is pretty unique for us since this is a special occasion trip. That said I am really open to other options if you have favorites.
- Fun experience based activities that you have personally taken part in and loved - cooking classes, truffle hunting, wine tastings / tours etc.
Any help is greatly appreciated. Will update as we book - grazie!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 바카라사이트【HOT424。COM】카지노노하우
- 2 고바카라【XAX111.ＣoM】아시안바카라
- 3 바카라사이트【HOT424。COM】블랙썬카지노
- 4 바카라1번지【XAX111.ＣoM】아시안카지노
- 5 바카라사이트【HOT424。COM】썬시티카지노
- 6 바카라사이트【HOT424。COM】외국계카지노
- 7 연예인바카라【XAX111.ＣoM】온라인카지노
- 8 바카라사이트【HOT424。COM】베트남카지노
- 9 바카라사이트【HOT424。COM】다모아바카라
- 10 Laokasti Villa in Oia
- 11 Athens multi site pass
- 12 London best location
- 13 Ephesus - Tour A or B??
- 14 바카라사이트【HOT424。COM】아시안카지노
- 15 센토사바카라【XAX111.ＣoM】라이브카지노
- 16 바카라사이트【HOT424。COM】선시티바카라
- 17 테크노바카라【XAX111.ＣoM】코리아바카라
- 18 바카라사이트【HOT424。COM】하이원카지노
- 19 투게더바카라【XAX111.ＣoM】코리아카지노
- 20 바카라사이트【HOT424。COM】헬로우바카라
- 21 월드라이브【XAX111.ＣoM】바카라사이트
- 22 바카라사이트【HOT424。COM】VIP전용카지노
- 23 투게더카지노【XAX111.ＣoM】카지노사이트
- 24 바카라사이트【HOT424。COM】신뢰카지노
- 25 리얼바카라【XAX111.ＣoM】아시안바카라
Two Weeks in Italy: Umbria, Tuscany, Piedmont Itinerary Help