DH and I are retired teachers and budget travellers and we have approximately 2 weeks to explore Ireland, Edinburgh and England in early August. We would like to spend about 6 days in southern Ireland and will rent a car if needed. We thought 3 days in Edinburgh would be sufficient and then the remainder of the time in England. We have spent time in London on previous trips but are not opposed to visiting again as it is one of our favourite cities and you can never spend too much time in London. We have been to Bath, Windsor, Salisbury and so we are looking for other places to explore. Any suggestions for how we can best arrange our time and places we should visit??
Two Weeks in Ireland, Scotland and England
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Quick notes from 2 weeks in Turkey
- 2 Alternatives to Heathrow hotels?
- 3 Edinburgh To St. Andrews
- 4 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 5 What are the best places to see in England
- 6 Trip to Italy - please weigh in with suggestions and tips!!
- 7 MARSEILLES - Day trip - CASSIS or AVIGNON ?
- 8 GIRONA Spain - 1 day
- 9 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 10 Where to watch World Cup in Berlin
- 11 Sardinia 5 - 7 night, first time in March please help
- 12 SICILY - PALERMO or TRAPANI as a base?
- 13 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 14 hotels in Seville
- 15 Sicily Suggetions
- 16 car rental companies Italy
- 17 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 18 Soccer/futbol in Madrid
- 19 best neighborhood/area to stay in rome?
- 20 Nice hotel in Garmisch, Fussen or Mittenwald
- 21 Mykonos - Ornos beach question
- 22 Prague, Austria and Germany in 17 days
- 23 England/Scotland Itinerary
- 24 Renting a car in Venice and dropping it off in Rome
- 25 Are we likely to encounter Dynamic Currency Conversion in Andalucia?