I am visiting my boyfriend stationed in Aviano, Italy for two weeks in March. He has been to Switzerland, Berlin, and Barcelona so far. I've been to Paris and London.
Except for spending a day in Venice he hasn't really explored Italy. I'm trying to plan places to go that are a must see and how long we should stay in each place. He has a car but I'd like to use the rail so he isn't stuck driving the whole time.
We are thinking about a flight to Dublin for St. Patrick's Day so that throws in a whole other country. Just looking for advice. Thanks for your help!!!
Two Weeks in and around Italy
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Un Coup de Foudre - Falling in Love with France in 8 Days
- 2 Looking for 5* Beach Resort
- 3 Dordogne prehistoric sites
- 4 Summer Interrupted; Christmas in Germany & Switzerland
- 5 I finally have my Scotland trip all booked.
- 6 Ireland's west coast
- 7 BUGA 2015 (Floral festival in Brandenburg) transportation
- 8 Is Scotland and Northern England still green in October?
- 9 Rocamaxour
- 10 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 11 Umbria - planning for 3 or 4 days in April
- 12 Norway- 1 week trip in May
- 13 Day trip from split to avoid cruise crowds
- 14 Planning a trip to the Baltics
- 15 Quiet beach town in Italy?
- 16 One Week in Amsterdam with Children
- 17 Visiting Bastogne and nearby - should I stay there or Liege or elsewhere?
- 18 ISO London Flat w/Washer/Dryer Early May
- 19 Should I buy Euro's now?
- 20 Food options near Tower (& Leadenhall Mkt?)
- 21 England in 7 days
- 22 Looking for nice regions with good public transport
- 23 Up coming strikes at Spanish airports 2015
- 24 Scotland 4 days / 5 nights - Itinerary ideas?!
- 25 first trip to Spain - questions and itinerary review