I am visiting my boyfriend stationed in Aviano, Italy for two weeks in March. He has been to Switzerland, Berlin, and Barcelona so far. I've been to Paris and London.
Except for spending a day in Venice he hasn't really explored Italy. I'm trying to plan places to go that are a must see and how long we should stay in each place. He has a car but I'd like to use the rail so he isn't stuck driving the whole time.
We are thinking about a flight to Dublin for St. Patrick's Day so that throws in a whole other country. Just looking for advice. Thanks for your help!!!
Two Weeks in and around Italy
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 2 Upgrading second class Swiss pass to first class for individual train rides
- 3 Rome, Florence, Pisa, Cinque Terre, Venice, Florence
- 4 Earthquakes in Tuscany
- 5 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 6 Three ferries to Mull
- 7 American Express
- 8 Transferwise: My latest experience in currency exchange
- 9 Charles de Gaulle to Gare du Nord with limitations?
- 10 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 11 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 12 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 13 Treis-Karden 4 days and Trier 2 days?
- 14 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?
- 15 Scotland: North West Highlands: July 2012
- 16 Story of the German Christmas star
- 17 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 18 Airport ATMs
- 19 All Set To Go!!
- 20 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 21 Ideas for Itinerary from Frankfurt
- 22 Euro Trivia Quiz #12 - Know Your Rivers?
- 23 Birmingham- Winter Sunday
- 24 Driving from Portree to Torridon
- 25 Feedback on Gotland Medieval Festival