I am planning on visiting Italy for two weeks in September. My family will be renting a villa in the Cinque Terre for about 6 days, then from there my boyfriend and I are planning to travel to Tuscany and Venice. Some questions:
- We want to rent a villa in one of the towns in the Cinque Terre and spend our days hiking from town to town and enjoying the Mediterranean. Is there a particular town you would recommend as a home base? We want to stay somewhere that is central to the other towns and has good restaurants to dine in during the evenings. If anyone has stayed in a villa they can recommend (would need to sleep 5 people) I'd love to hear!
- From there my boyfriend and I wanted to rent a car. I have never done that abroad, do you know how we would go about getting this set-up? Ideally we would want to drive from Cinque Terre to Tuscany then to Venice (and leave it in Venice the day we arrive since we wouldn't want it there).
- We were planning on spending 4 days in Tuscany and 4 in Venice. Any recommendations for the Tuscany itinerary? Should we stay the night in a different city every night as we make our way to Venice? If so, what cities?
I would be SO appreciative of any one's feedback!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Holland/France/Spain
- 2 Honeymoon Help! September 2016
- 3 Handicap Assistance at Charles de Gaulle - Our Experience
- 4 Update on Bob the Navigator
- 5 X-ray machines at train stations in Europe?
- 6 Why Not Helsinki?
- 7 Amsterdam - Germanyin mid April
- 8 Paris for Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve
- 9 Christmas in London (& Paris)
- 10 Barcelona to San Sebastian
- 11 Best boutique shops for kids within walking distance of Notre Dame?
- 12 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 13 Help Planning Spain Itinerary
- 14 The dog cemetery of Asnières
- 15 Last min prep for Krakow - Questions
- 16 Any special about stockholm (13th or 14th to go Stockholm)?
- 17 Glasgow and Edinburgh
- 18 Iceland Day 5
- 19 Scotland Trip
- 20 3 seniors to do Scotland
- 21 Montenegro in September
- 22 3 week stay in Scotland
- 23 Paris, France
- 24 Troyes or Colmar around Christmas?
- 25 sfo to europe