I am planning on visiting Italy for two weeks in September. My family will be renting a villa in the Cinque Terre for about 6 days, then from there my boyfriend and I are planning to travel to Tuscany and Venice. Some questions:
- We want to rent a villa in one of the towns in the Cinque Terre and spend our days hiking from town to town and enjoying the Mediterranean. Is there a particular town you would recommend as a home base? We want to stay somewhere that is central to the other towns and has good restaurants to dine in during the evenings. If anyone has stayed in a villa they can recommend (would need to sleep 5 people) I'd love to hear!
- From there my boyfriend and I wanted to rent a car. I have never done that abroad, do you know how we would go about getting this set-up? Ideally we would want to drive from Cinque Terre to Tuscany then to Venice (and leave it in Venice the day we arrive since we wouldn't want it there).
- We were planning on spending 4 days in Tuscany and 4 in Venice. Any recommendations for the Tuscany itinerary? Should we stay the night in a different city every night as we make our way to Venice? If so, what cities?
I would be SO appreciative of any one's feedback!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 2 PARIS
- 3 Experiencing Scotland in the Winters
- 4 First Solo Adventure
- 5 Travelling alone to Turkey @18
- 6 transportation from Prague to Cesky Krumlov
- 7 Towns around Lucca
- 8 Suggestions for driving Cadiz to Zaragosa
- 9 UK 5 weeks How Far Can We Go!
- 10 Airline to Rome
- 11 Too Little Time in Ireland--Advice?
- 12 Duoro Valley - Train from Regua to Pocinho
- 13 Dordogne and Marseille: into the cave and out to the sea
- 14 Hotels in Copenhagen
- 15 Family Transportation from Heathrow- justairports or Express?
- 16 Georgia in 4 days
- 17 Amalfi itinerary help needed
- 18 Trains in Italy
- 19 Dublin Luggage storage
- 20 Italy with baby - where to go?
- 21 Croatia short sail trip
- 22 The Alhambra Private Tour Guide
- 23 Swimming in Camogli, Santa Margherita Ligure, Italy
- 24 Mid/late November: Tuscany or Andalucia? (1 week)
- 25 Alitala