I am planning on visiting Italy for two weeks in September. My family will be renting a villa in the Cinque Terre for about 6 days, then from there my boyfriend and I are planning to travel to Tuscany and Venice. Some questions:
- We want to rent a villa in one of the towns in the Cinque Terre and spend our days hiking from town to town and enjoying the Mediterranean. Is there a particular town you would recommend as a home base? We want to stay somewhere that is central to the other towns and has good restaurants to dine in during the evenings. If anyone has stayed in a villa they can recommend (would need to sleep 5 people) I'd love to hear!
- From there my boyfriend and I wanted to rent a car. I have never done that abroad, do you know how we would go about getting this set-up? Ideally we would want to drive from Cinque Terre to Tuscany then to Venice (and leave it in Venice the day we arrive since we wouldn't want it there).
- We were planning on spending 4 days in Tuscany and 4 in Venice. Any recommendations for the Tuscany itinerary? Should we stay the night in a different city every night as we make our way to Venice? If so, what cities?
I would be SO appreciative of any one's feedback!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Varenna to hotel near Milan airport
- 2 Is Dresden worth a day-trip?
- 3 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 4 Preliminary trip planning for Portugal April 2018
- 5 HELP: 3rd trip to France - where should I go?
- 6 Budva or Perast in Montenegro
- 7 Eastern Sicily Itinerary Help Needed
- 8 Tips for tour company tour guides
- 9 French immersion courses in France
- 10 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 11 French Immersion Advice Needed
- 12 Crannog Centre or Atholl Country Life Museum
- 13 Italy in a week
- 14 France: Perigord - Interesting Article
- 15 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 16 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 17 places : Italy Austria Germany Switzerland France Belgium Spain
- 18 Provence, Strasbourg, Paris early September
- 19 Amsterdam and Antwerp?
- 20 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 21 3 Weeks in Scotland and Ireland
- 22 3 days in Paris then on to London what do we have to see?
- 23 What are your favorite restaurants in Prague? (+itinerary critique)
- 24 first time for teens in spain-barcelona and where else?
- 25 Advice for Time in Cumbria and/or Yorkshire Dales