I am planning on visiting Italy for two weeks in September. My family will be renting a villa in the Cinque Terre for about 6 days, then from there my boyfriend and I are planning to travel to Tuscany and Venice. Some questions:
- We want to rent a villa in one of the towns in the Cinque Terre and spend our days hiking from town to town and enjoying the Mediterranean. Is there a particular town you would recommend as a home base? We want to stay somewhere that is central to the other towns and has good restaurants to dine in during the evenings. If anyone has stayed in a villa they can recommend (would need to sleep 5 people) I'd love to hear!
- From there my boyfriend and I wanted to rent a car. I have never done that abroad, do you know how we would go about getting this set-up? Ideally we would want to drive from Cinque Terre to Tuscany then to Venice (and leave it in Venice the day we arrive since we wouldn't want it there).
- We were planning on spending 4 days in Tuscany and 4 in Venice. Any recommendations for the Tuscany itinerary? Should we stay the night in a different city every night as we make our way to Venice? If so, what cities?
I would be SO appreciative of any one's feedback!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Bergamo and Padua: Best Atmosphere for Aimless Strolling? 3-night-Split
- 2 Is Mljet a reasonable substitute for Korcula?
- 3 Transportation from Budapest to Krakow
- 4 Wine Tours from Pienza
- 5 Sicily or Rome
- 6 Last Minute Advice needed for Rome
- 7 Lake Como by travel around by sailboat?
- 8 Lake Como - basta!
- 9 Advice on Renting a Car in Italy
- 10 Using a Cell Phone in Europe
- 11 Transportation from Madrid Airport to Opera station
- 12 Italy
- 13 IRetiremenrt Fantasy-Italy
- 14 Travel From Copenhagen-late October
- 15 Touring Switzerland, Germany, and Austria
- 16 German Train travel
- 17 My Italy 15 x Day Itenerary- Tips and advice Please!
- 18 Day tour in Kilkenny
- 19 Westin Palace Hotel in Madrid
- 20 Switzerland/Italy Advice
- 21 Input on England, Scotland & Ireland
- 22 Drive from Munich to Prague to Budapest to Vienna and return to Munich
- 23 Help with Italy Itinerary: October 2016
- 24 5-6 days in Iceland in May, road trip possible?
- 25 Paris-Italy-Spain trip