I am planning on visiting Italy for two weeks in September. My family will be renting a villa in the Cinque Terre for about 6 days, then from there my boyfriend and I are planning to travel to Tuscany and Venice. Some questions:
- We want to rent a villa in one of the towns in the Cinque Terre and spend our days hiking from town to town and enjoying the Mediterranean. Is there a particular town you would recommend as a home base? We want to stay somewhere that is central to the other towns and has good restaurants to dine in during the evenings. If anyone has stayed in a villa they can recommend (would need to sleep 5 people) I'd love to hear!
- From there my boyfriend and I wanted to rent a car. I have never done that abroad, do you know how we would go about getting this set-up? Ideally we would want to drive from Cinque Terre to Tuscany then to Venice (and leave it in Venice the day we arrive since we wouldn't want it there).
- We were planning on spending 4 days in Tuscany and 4 in Venice. Any recommendations for the Tuscany itinerary? Should we stay the night in a different city every night as we make our way to Venice? If so, what cities?
I would be SO appreciative of any one's feedback!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Berlin Walking Tours - Any recommendations?
- 2 Lisbon transportation
- 3 Bluebells and Blackfaced Sheep on the Single Track Roads of Scotland
- 4 Tuscany with kids; day hikes, hill towns, off the beaten path
- 5 Night life for 20 somethings: Madrid vs. Barcelona
- 6 Rental property in Berner Oberland?
- 7 Espagne, Olé! Ancient to modern, through Andalucia, Toledo and Madrid
- 8 Wurzberg parking outside of city
- 9 Reserving Trains During the Off-Season
- 10 Best way to deal with large, cash-only lodging bill - Amsterdam
- 11 If Greece exits
- 12 Gorges du Tarn- No car...?
- 13 Eating Our Way Through Paris...Again! Trip Report
- 14 Oh no, yet another Alhambra ticket-timing question
- 15 5 days in Paris
- 16 Last Supper Tickets Milan
- 17 Paris to Barcelona June 2016 sights and cost
- 18 Package Tours of Normandy
- 19 Three girls in Naples
- 20 20-day tour arrangement in the UK
- 21 car rental in Rome
- 22 Questions regarding currency exhange
- 23 Swiss Bernese Regional Pass - Part way OK, then rest of way pay?
- 24 Welltravbrit's London Sojourn - An Ongoing Trip Report
- 25 Lovely naples