I am planning on visiting Italy for two weeks in September. My family will be renting a villa in the Cinque Terre for about 6 days, then from there my boyfriend and I are planning to travel to Tuscany and Venice. Some questions:
- We want to rent a villa in one of the towns in the Cinque Terre and spend our days hiking from town to town and enjoying the Mediterranean. Is there a particular town you would recommend as a home base? We want to stay somewhere that is central to the other towns and has good restaurants to dine in during the evenings. If anyone has stayed in a villa they can recommend (would need to sleep 5 people) I'd love to hear!
- From there my boyfriend and I wanted to rent a car. I have never done that abroad, do you know how we would go about getting this set-up? Ideally we would want to drive from Cinque Terre to Tuscany then to Venice (and leave it in Venice the day we arrive since we wouldn't want it there).
- We were planning on spending 4 days in Tuscany and 4 in Venice. Any recommendations for the Tuscany itinerary? Should we stay the night in a different city every night as we make our way to Venice? If so, what cities?
I would be SO appreciative of any one's feedback!
Two Weeks: Cinque Terre, Tuscany, Venice
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 ENGLAND NOV 5 - 16 2014
- 2 Luggage sizing
- 3 Where should I go (4 days after work week in London)
- 4 Moving to Belfast
- 5 Help with Tuscany for a week late May/early June
- 6 Hotels and locations in Barcelona
- 7 Need Some Italy Planning Help
- 8 Gluten-free in Ireland
- 9 Confused about Norway in a Nutshell!
- 10 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 11 Hotels in Amsterdam and Paris @ less than 150 euros per night
- 12 Blissful Airbnbs,Risky Segways,Vegan Tapas: Prague-Hvar-Andalucía-Madrid
- 13 Alcobaca, Batalha and Tomar, all or one?
- 14 Wheelie Suitcases Ban
- 15 Munich - vacation apartment rental, week after Christmas
- 16 3 day trip from Madrid to Bourdeaux by car
- 17 Amsterdam safety concerns - red light district?
- 18 Amsterdam--where to stay??
- 19 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 20 Rome, Naples, Florence, Venice with 4 teenagers, 1 kid, 19 days perfect!
- 21 handel's messiah, new year's, paris
- 22 Gstaad, Switzerland, am I missing anything?
- 23 Scuol, Switzerland
- 24 2 Weeks in Paris
- 25 Madrid - Bernina Express