I am planning on visiting Italy for two weeks in September. My family will be renting a villa in the Cinque Terre for about 6 days, then from there my boyfriend and I are planning to travel to Tuscany and Venice. Some questions:
- We want to rent a villa in one of the towns in the Cinque Terre and spend our days hiking from town to town and enjoying the Mediterranean. Is there a particular town you would recommend as a home base? We want to stay somewhere that is central to the other towns and has good restaurants to dine in during the evenings. If anyone has stayed in a villa they can recommend (would need to sleep 5 people) I'd love to hear!
- From there my boyfriend and I wanted to rent a car. I have never done that abroad, do you know how we would go about getting this set-up? Ideally we would want to drive from Cinque Terre to Tuscany then to Venice (and leave it in Venice the day we arrive since we wouldn't want it there).
- We were planning on spending 4 days in Tuscany and 4 in Venice. Any recommendations for the Tuscany itinerary? Should we stay the night in a different city every night as we make our way to Venice? If so, what cities?
I would be SO appreciative of any one's feedback!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 15 hour layover in London with children, should we leave the airport?
- 2 Italy for New Year's
- 3 What am I doing wrong?
- 4 17 Days Honeymoon in Italy and France
- 5 First Time in France--Paris and Burgundy
- 6 Germany at Christmas
- 7 where do you look when you're trying to book a villa last minute?
- 8 Beautiful Ireland: a 3-week solo journey.
- 9 Any Glasgow Experts?
- 10 Stockholm/Copenhagen/Norway?
- 11 Sicily: Day trips from Palermo to Erice, Segesta and Cefalu
- 12 Southern Spain - itinerary suggestions?
- 13 British Airways, anyone?
- 14 Hotel Lorelei et Londres, Sorrento. Whatever happened to it?
- 15 Portugal Itinerary - any advice?
- 16 Mirrors?
- 17 Scotland to Northern Ireland and then back to Scotland. Tips?
- 18 SIM card in Dublin Airport
- 19 Shuttle Service in Paris
- 20 Questions about Flamenco in Madrid
- 21 Two UK GTGs - Edinburgh 25 Aug., London 1 Sept.
- 22 watching Comcast Xfinity on my computer in Sicily
- 23 Leaving for Tuscany in 3 weeks!
- 24 Trip Report Paris, Avignon, Lyon, Turin, Genoa, Reggio Emilia, Venice 2014
- 25 2 weeks in France next May