I am planning on visiting Italy for two weeks in September. My family will be renting a villa in the Cinque Terre for about 6 days, then from there my boyfriend and I are planning to travel to Tuscany and Venice. Some questions:
- We want to rent a villa in one of the towns in the Cinque Terre and spend our days hiking from town to town and enjoying the Mediterranean. Is there a particular town you would recommend as a home base? We want to stay somewhere that is central to the other towns and has good restaurants to dine in during the evenings. If anyone has stayed in a villa they can recommend (would need to sleep 5 people) I'd love to hear!
- From there my boyfriend and I wanted to rent a car. I have never done that abroad, do you know how we would go about getting this set-up? Ideally we would want to drive from Cinque Terre to Tuscany then to Venice (and leave it in Venice the day we arrive since we wouldn't want it there).
- We were planning on spending 4 days in Tuscany and 4 in Venice. Any recommendations for the Tuscany itinerary? Should we stay the night in a different city every night as we make our way to Venice? If so, what cities?
I would be SO appreciative of any one's feedback!
Two Weeks: Cinque Terre, Tuscany, Venice
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London Itinerary (4 Days)
- 2 Tram 28 safe to travel with kids?
- 3 Europe trip - WITH 3 kids. Help!
- 4 Passport not stamped on entry into Rome, hassle exiting Frankfurt
- 5 Europe road trip with kids - thoughts please!
- 6 using airbnb for the first time...
- 7 Madrid: Historic Homes & Gardens
- 8 Madrid: City Views
- 9 Paris: where does a large family can eat and sleep in February?
- 10 Think twice before booking a trip with Grand Circle.
- 11 Paris: for a family with children, Saint Germain or Le Marais?
- 12 Venice: budget hotel for high school group?
- 13 London before and after a cruise leaving from Southampton
- 14 Gifts from the States for European Hosts
- 15 17 days in Europe: a family vacation
- 16 Paris Markets for a 5 Course Meal
- 17 Iwan2go went to the Dordogne
- 18 How to make this adventure work?
- 19 6 weeks Spain Itinerary
- 20 Help finding private transfer from Monte Gordo, Portugal to Seville, Spain
- 21 dining in Brussels
- 22 Como or Bellagio hotel needed
- 23 How to schedule train connection from Frankfurt Airport
- 24 5 days in Bremen for a conference
- 25 My Turkey Trip Had Ups and Downs