I am planning on visiting Italy for two weeks in September. My family will be renting a villa in the Cinque Terre for about 6 days, then from there my boyfriend and I are planning to travel to Tuscany and Venice. Some questions:
- We want to rent a villa in one of the towns in the Cinque Terre and spend our days hiking from town to town and enjoying the Mediterranean. Is there a particular town you would recommend as a home base? We want to stay somewhere that is central to the other towns and has good restaurants to dine in during the evenings. If anyone has stayed in a villa they can recommend (would need to sleep 5 people) I'd love to hear!
- From there my boyfriend and I wanted to rent a car. I have never done that abroad, do you know how we would go about getting this set-up? Ideally we would want to drive from Cinque Terre to Tuscany then to Venice (and leave it in Venice the day we arrive since we wouldn't want it there).
- We were planning on spending 4 days in Tuscany and 4 in Venice. Any recommendations for the Tuscany itinerary? Should we stay the night in a different city every night as we make our way to Venice? If so, what cities?
I would be SO appreciative of any one's feedback!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Day Trip from Geneva - Need Advice
- 2 Euro Quiz # 104 - Memorial Day...
- 3 Train Dublin-Galway-tickets, classes
- 4 Travel from Munich to Milan in July
- 5 10 days in Barcelona anything different we could do?
- 6 Draft Ireland itinerary - does it look ok?
- 7 Another Visit to London
- 8 Reserving ferry tickets Greece during high season
- 9 5 top Scams in Paris
- 10 15 nights in Italy
- 11 hotel in Prague
- 12 Suggestions for 3.5 day Sicilily Itinerary
- 13 3 weeks in London, Cornwall and a tiny piece of Wales
- 14 3 days Venice to Paris
- 15 Feedback Please: Honeymoon Itinerary....first draft
- 16 How to ship souvenirs home from Lisbon
- 17 Mom's Retirement Trip (of a Lifetime)
- 18 Pre-booking colosseum tour tickets - help needed
- 19 Tirano to Paris via bernina express in 1 day
- 20 RHK's Spring Trip
- 21 September Mediterranean Honeymoon
- 22 Help-1st time solo travel in Basel and Amsterdam
- 23 Social media for short trips?
- 24 How to ship souvenirs home to US?
- 25 Paris 5 Day itinerary - Suggestions plz