I am planning on visiting Italy for two weeks in September. My family will be renting a villa in the Cinque Terre for about 6 days, then from there my boyfriend and I are planning to travel to Tuscany and Venice. Some questions:
- We want to rent a villa in one of the towns in the Cinque Terre and spend our days hiking from town to town and enjoying the Mediterranean. Is there a particular town you would recommend as a home base? We want to stay somewhere that is central to the other towns and has good restaurants to dine in during the evenings. If anyone has stayed in a villa they can recommend (would need to sleep 5 people) I'd love to hear!
- From there my boyfriend and I wanted to rent a car. I have never done that abroad, do you know how we would go about getting this set-up? Ideally we would want to drive from Cinque Terre to Tuscany then to Venice (and leave it in Venice the day we arrive since we wouldn't want it there).
- We were planning on spending 4 days in Tuscany and 4 in Venice. Any recommendations for the Tuscany itinerary? Should we stay the night in a different city every night as we make our way to Venice? If so, what cities?
I would be SO appreciative of any one's feedback!
Two Weeks: Cinque Terre, Tuscany, Venice
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 floods in Andalucia
- 2 Travel Cards / just made a $70 mistake?
- 3 Easyjet; Vueling; Ryanair "Carryon" Question
- 4 What to do when your intra-Europe flight gets delayed?
- 5 Traffic Violation from Italy
- 6 Paris: Picasso Museum reopens, Finally
- 7 Planning 18 day euro trip HELP
- 8 Tour Belgium, the Netherlands and Switzerland On Line (Video + Stills)
- 9 Christmas and New Years in Ireland?
- 10 Spain in November
- 11 at what point should one get health insurance
- 12 Taxi / tour guides from Granada airport
- 13 Southern Spain - What to SEE, what to BUY - what NOT to miss
- 14 Dxb St. Juery Schaffhausen
- 15 Dubai to St. Juery France to Schaffhausen Switzerland
- 16 Tipping in the UK
- 17 4 Months in Europe
- 18 Birthday trip for Mom in May 2015
- 19 Photography Trip Ideas in Eastern Europe
- 20 Recommendations for city break with baby
- 21 Wurzburg/Regensburg Weather in April
- 22 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 23 Inexpensive Restaurant in Zurich
- 24 France in October
- 25 Wines charted by flavor