I am planning on visiting Italy for two weeks in September. My family will be renting a villa in the Cinque Terre for about 6 days, then from there my boyfriend and I are planning to travel to Tuscany and Venice. Some questions:
- We want to rent a villa in one of the towns in the Cinque Terre and spend our days hiking from town to town and enjoying the Mediterranean. Is there a particular town you would recommend as a home base? We want to stay somewhere that is central to the other towns and has good restaurants to dine in during the evenings. If anyone has stayed in a villa they can recommend (would need to sleep 5 people) I'd love to hear!
- From there my boyfriend and I wanted to rent a car. I have never done that abroad, do you know how we would go about getting this set-up? Ideally we would want to drive from Cinque Terre to Tuscany then to Venice (and leave it in Venice the day we arrive since we wouldn't want it there).
- We were planning on spending 4 days in Tuscany and 4 in Venice. Any recommendations for the Tuscany itinerary? Should we stay the night in a different city every night as we make our way to Venice? If so, what cities?
I would be SO appreciative of any one's feedback!
Two Weeks: Cinque Terre, Tuscany, Venice
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Budget for 3 Month's
- 2 Bavaria & Dolomites
- 3 21 Days in Central Europe
- 4 Best place to stay with car in Lake Como/Maggiore
- 5 Art Deco architecture along the English Channel
- 6 Questions for my German friends
- 7 Tram 28 safe to travel with kids?
- 8 Driving to Paris... Parking?
- 9 Driving through southern Germany, would you book accomodation in advance?
- 10 Chip but no PIN
- 11 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 12 Italy/France 22 day Itinerary - Help Please
- 13 Who has stayed at a Citadines Paris property?
- 14 Day trip to Rothenberg from Munich
- 15 Cornwall Trip Addition
- 16 Madrid and London
- 17 Connecting with forum locals in Paris
- 18 Madrid Tapas Tour
- 19 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 20 Unique Venice Activity
- 21 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 22 Normandy, Brittany and Loire Valley in May - please help with itinerary
- 23 Excursions from Dubrovnik--wine/olive oil tasting, sailing/boat tours
- 24 car rental advice in Portugal
- 25 Traveling to Eastern Europe