I am planning on visiting Italy for two weeks in September. My family will be renting a villa in the Cinque Terre for about 6 days, then from there my boyfriend and I are planning to travel to Tuscany and Venice. Some questions:
- We want to rent a villa in one of the towns in the Cinque Terre and spend our days hiking from town to town and enjoying the Mediterranean. Is there a particular town you would recommend as a home base? We want to stay somewhere that is central to the other towns and has good restaurants to dine in during the evenings. If anyone has stayed in a villa they can recommend (would need to sleep 5 people) I'd love to hear!
- From there my boyfriend and I wanted to rent a car. I have never done that abroad, do you know how we would go about getting this set-up? Ideally we would want to drive from Cinque Terre to Tuscany then to Venice (and leave it in Venice the day we arrive since we wouldn't want it there).
- We were planning on spending 4 days in Tuscany and 4 in Venice. Any recommendations for the Tuscany itinerary? Should we stay the night in a different city every night as we make our way to Venice? If so, what cities?
I would be SO appreciative of any one's feedback!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Summer in Swiss Alps and Italian Lakes
- 2 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 3 Vacation
- 4 3 weeks in Central/Eastern Europe
- 5 Seville- Ronda drive time
- 6 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 7 St Denis Cathedral
- 8 Seeking Andalusia itinerary recommendation
- 9 Rouen Tour Companies
- 10 Italy bus or train
- 11 Aix-- looking for a few obscure ideas
- 12 Ireland itinerary help please
- 13 Where to stay in Berlin Berlin
- 14 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 15 hiking itinerary UK two months
- 16 Rome-Itinerary
- 17 2 weeks in Southern Ireland
- 18 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 19 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 20 Tour fron Malaga to Allehambra
- 21 Sabbatical in Tuscany
- 22 5 days greece tour! Help me plz!
- 23 Berlin to Italy
- 24 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 25 Florence - Where to stay