I am planning on visiting Italy for two weeks in September. My family will be renting a villa in the Cinque Terre for about 6 days, then from there my boyfriend and I are planning to travel to Tuscany and Venice. Some questions:
- We want to rent a villa in one of the towns in the Cinque Terre and spend our days hiking from town to town and enjoying the Mediterranean. Is there a particular town you would recommend as a home base? We want to stay somewhere that is central to the other towns and has good restaurants to dine in during the evenings. If anyone has stayed in a villa they can recommend (would need to sleep 5 people) I'd love to hear!
- From there my boyfriend and I wanted to rent a car. I have never done that abroad, do you know how we would go about getting this set-up? Ideally we would want to drive from Cinque Terre to Tuscany then to Venice (and leave it in Venice the day we arrive since we wouldn't want it there).
- We were planning on spending 4 days in Tuscany and 4 in Venice. Any recommendations for the Tuscany itinerary? Should we stay the night in a different city every night as we make our way to Venice? If so, what cities?
I would be SO appreciative of any one's feedback!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 "Best" train route Interlaken to Salzburg
- 2 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 3 Six Days on the Road in Ireland...Ideas?
- 4 3 nights Santorini suggestions with a child- is akrotiri a good location?
- 5 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 6 Day Trips from Dunfermline
- 7 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 8 Proposed itinerary for Iceland
- 9 Seat Assignments on TGV train from Paris to Avignon
- 10 Paris Skip the Lines deals ...
- 11 "Never Mind"
- 12 Am i too dark to visit russia? Picture
- 13 2 WEEK EUROPE ITINERARY
- 14 Italian car factory tours
- 15 Restaurant recommendations for lunch in Rouen?
- 16 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 17 Is the Amalfi Coast kid friendly enough
- 18 Spending Money for a 30 day trip
- 19 Comments on locations/sestieri, please
- 20 Itinerary help Germany/Austria/Dolomites
- 21 Visa Free Entry To Spain
- 22 Organizing our 8 day Roman visit
- 23 Following the Canadian Liberation Route in the Netherlands
- 24 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 25 Best way to get to Kinderdijk in April