I am planning on visiting Italy for two weeks in September. My family will be renting a villa in the Cinque Terre for about 6 days, then from there my boyfriend and I are planning to travel to Tuscany and Venice. Some questions:
- We want to rent a villa in one of the towns in the Cinque Terre and spend our days hiking from town to town and enjoying the Mediterranean. Is there a particular town you would recommend as a home base? We want to stay somewhere that is central to the other towns and has good restaurants to dine in during the evenings. If anyone has stayed in a villa they can recommend (would need to sleep 5 people) I'd love to hear!
- From there my boyfriend and I wanted to rent a car. I have never done that abroad, do you know how we would go about getting this set-up? Ideally we would want to drive from Cinque Terre to Tuscany then to Venice (and leave it in Venice the day we arrive since we wouldn't want it there).
- We were planning on spending 4 days in Tuscany and 4 in Venice. Any recommendations for the Tuscany itinerary? Should we stay the night in a different city every night as we make our way to Venice? If so, what cities?
I would be SO appreciative of any one's feedback!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 From Genoa to Rome...
- 2 Naples or Genoa
- 3 France to stop making foie grois
- 4 Spain in November
- 5 Is it just me or are German cities depressingly ugly?
- 6 5 nights in Andalusia
- 7 Road trip - Italian to French Riveria
- 8 Need some suggestions for Andalucia / Barcelona / Madrid starting Dec 25
- 9 Itinerary help please!
- 10 Greece Itinerary
- 11 Paris Museum Pass and Skip the Line
- 12 Road trip Bergen to Trolltunga
- 13 From Riga airport to Riga downtown 222 mini-bus
- 14 Barcelona attraction tickets
- 15 Sept. 2016 Apt. In Paris just cancelled---YIKES!
- 16 How big backpack do I need?
- 17 Holiday Itinerary
- 18 Any recommended reading before a trip to Basque country?
- 19 AVE train tickets questions.
- 20 The Texas Trio Tour England
- 21 Greece or Spain in April with Kids?
- 22 Sevilla to Cordoba Day Trip: How many hours needed?
- 23 One week travelling from Spain to Paris
- 24 Istanbul - Would you go there?
- 25 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.