I am planning on visiting Italy for two weeks in September. My family will be renting a villa in the Cinque Terre for about 6 days, then from there my boyfriend and I are planning to travel to Tuscany and Venice. Some questions:
- We want to rent a villa in one of the towns in the Cinque Terre and spend our days hiking from town to town and enjoying the Mediterranean. Is there a particular town you would recommend as a home base? We want to stay somewhere that is central to the other towns and has good restaurants to dine in during the evenings. If anyone has stayed in a villa they can recommend (would need to sleep 5 people) I'd love to hear!
- From there my boyfriend and I wanted to rent a car. I have never done that abroad, do you know how we would go about getting this set-up? Ideally we would want to drive from Cinque Terre to Tuscany then to Venice (and leave it in Venice the day we arrive since we wouldn't want it there).
- We were planning on spending 4 days in Tuscany and 4 in Venice. Any recommendations for the Tuscany itinerary? Should we stay the night in a different city every night as we make our way to Venice? If so, what cities?
I would be SO appreciative of any one's feedback!
Two Weeks: Cinque Terre, Tuscany, Venice
- 1 Just Returned from a Gate 1 Danube River Cruise
- 2 My First Trip to Provence and Paris...Loved!!!
- 3 How Long For Santorini?
- 4 Bathrooms Along This Itinerary (Day in Rome)
- 5 Car rental Italy
- 6 Crete to Sifnos by Ferry?
- 7 Rough itinerary for 14 days in the UK
- 8 Scotland Itinerary getting better, still needs your expertise!
- 9 4 days in Zurich for the adventurous- what to do?
- 10 Prague Itinerary
- 11 A Christmas Store in Paris
- 12 EU Rule On Olive Oil Roils Europe!
- 13 International Trains to Switzerland using Swiss Pass
- 14 Help me choose places to visit in Italy
- 15 London at Xmas
- 16 how much time in York, Edinburgh, etc?
- 17 Best castle for 7 and 9 year old boys
- 18 When to exchange US dollars to Euros
- 19 Zagreb, rental car and Slovenia
- 20 browsing homes for sale in Kent
- 21 Weather's crummy in northern Italy now--suggestions for places
- 22 A few questions about the Amalfi Coast (in May)
- 23 Northern Italy
- 24 How to make a phone call from a pay phone in London to Germany
- 25 Sicily- two week summer vacation