I am planning on visiting Italy for two weeks in September. My family will be renting a villa in the Cinque Terre for about 6 days, then from there my boyfriend and I are planning to travel to Tuscany and Venice. Some questions:
- We want to rent a villa in one of the towns in the Cinque Terre and spend our days hiking from town to town and enjoying the Mediterranean. Is there a particular town you would recommend as a home base? We want to stay somewhere that is central to the other towns and has good restaurants to dine in during the evenings. If anyone has stayed in a villa they can recommend (would need to sleep 5 people) I'd love to hear!
- From there my boyfriend and I wanted to rent a car. I have never done that abroad, do you know how we would go about getting this set-up? Ideally we would want to drive from Cinque Terre to Tuscany then to Venice (and leave it in Venice the day we arrive since we wouldn't want it there).
- We were planning on spending 4 days in Tuscany and 4 in Venice. Any recommendations for the Tuscany itinerary? Should we stay the night in a different city every night as we make our way to Venice? If so, what cities?
I would be SO appreciative of any one's feedback!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 2 Driving through the Pyrenees
- 3 Help. Medical escort needed after accident during holiday.
- 4 Trains France/Switzerland
- 5 One in Paris ... help
- 6 Italy trains question
- 7 to do with kids 2 1/2 days with a layover in frankfurt
- 8 Three days in Istanbul in August
- 9 Parisian hotel lobby goes on the attack
- 10 Can't go to Ravello so....where?
- 11 itinerary help for 14 days on Sicily
- 12 Monti in Rome, your thoughts please
- 13 Drive from Vejer to Granada
- 14 Dr Manahel Thabet- Best Places to Visit in Europe
- 15 Lisboa upscale hotel choice (??)
- 16 Two nights with kids in Normandy/Brittany
- 17 MADRID-ARANDA DEL DUERO-BURGOS- (??)
- 18 1 week in Cornwall, England
- 19 Itinerary set for my grand Basque adventure
- 20 Sagrada Familia-Guide or Audio
- 21 Honeymoon hotel in Montreux/Vevey
- 22 Scotland--transport from Dundee wharf to Edinburgh city center
- 23 European Championship
- 24 How not to behave in Iceland
- 25 Report from Paris- Going up Eiffel Tower During Euro Cup