I am planning on visiting Italy for two weeks in September. My family will be renting a villa in the Cinque Terre for about 6 days, then from there my boyfriend and I are planning to travel to Tuscany and Venice. Some questions:
- We want to rent a villa in one of the towns in the Cinque Terre and spend our days hiking from town to town and enjoying the Mediterranean. Is there a particular town you would recommend as a home base? We want to stay somewhere that is central to the other towns and has good restaurants to dine in during the evenings. If anyone has stayed in a villa they can recommend (would need to sleep 5 people) I'd love to hear!
- From there my boyfriend and I wanted to rent a car. I have never done that abroad, do you know how we would go about getting this set-up? Ideally we would want to drive from Cinque Terre to Tuscany then to Venice (and leave it in Venice the day we arrive since we wouldn't want it there).
- We were planning on spending 4 days in Tuscany and 4 in Venice. Any recommendations for the Tuscany itinerary? Should we stay the night in a different city every night as we make our way to Venice? If so, what cities?
I would be SO appreciative of any one's feedback!
Two Weeks: Cinque Terre, Tuscany, Venice
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What to do in England, Wales and Scotland?
- 2 Advice on Turkey Itinerary
- 3 17 days in Spain, best itinerary?
- 4 Hotel Royal St Honore - Paris in August
- 5 Basel Customs - Forgotten Pasport: photocopy suffice?
- 6 Getting to London Gatwick or London Luton Airports from Heathrow?
- 7 Greece with 10yr old who wants to re-live Greek mythology
- 8 Itinerary Help- 12 day trip to Munich, Salzburg, Vienna and Prague
- 9 proposed two week Greece itinerary
- 10 Looking for Decent Beach near Marseille, France
- 11 Honeymoon - skiing in Switzerland and Austria
- 12 Barcellona hop on hop off bus tour
- 13 Taking a perscribed controlled substance to Germany.
- 14 1 Night Paris before Eurostar - Where to stay
- 15 Izmir or Bodrum in July?
- 16 European Quiz # 66 Monday
- 17 SICILY:The Second Time Around in 22Days for 55th Anniversary !!!
- 18 Madrid...where for evening stroll on first night?
- 19 Gorges du Verdon or take the A8 from Nice towards Aix?
- 20 Americans travel to Russia. Is it safe?
- 21 The Tweesters take a trip to BiH, Croatia and Slovenia
- 22 Questions about Rome, Venice, Florence, Positano and Paris
- 23 Visiting Anne Frank House
- 24 Hydra to Peloponnese to Zakynthos...a few questions
- 25 Trip Report: My Encounter With the Italian Hospital System