I am planning on visiting Italy for two weeks in September. My family will be renting a villa in the Cinque Terre for about 6 days, then from there my boyfriend and I are planning to travel to Tuscany and Venice. Some questions:
- We want to rent a villa in one of the towns in the Cinque Terre and spend our days hiking from town to town and enjoying the Mediterranean. Is there a particular town you would recommend as a home base? We want to stay somewhere that is central to the other towns and has good restaurants to dine in during the evenings. If anyone has stayed in a villa they can recommend (would need to sleep 5 people) I'd love to hear!
- From there my boyfriend and I wanted to rent a car. I have never done that abroad, do you know how we would go about getting this set-up? Ideally we would want to drive from Cinque Terre to Tuscany then to Venice (and leave it in Venice the day we arrive since we wouldn't want it there).
- We were planning on spending 4 days in Tuscany and 4 in Venice. Any recommendations for the Tuscany itinerary? Should we stay the night in a different city every night as we make our way to Venice? If so, what cities?
I would be SO appreciative of any one's feedback!
Two Weeks: Cinque Terre, Tuscany, Venice
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Itinerary help for 3 weeks Frankfurt to Paris
- 2 Suggestions for my Andalucia Itinerary
- 3 Albi/Carcassone
- 4 Reestaurant Suggestions in Naples
- 5 Itinerary advice needed-Ring of Kerry vs. Galway area
- 6 EuroRail- Italy vs. Tickets
- 7 ABOUT SPAIN
- 8 Inexperienced traveler trying to plan for 2 weeks in Europe!
- 9 Iceland lodging costs July
- 10 Running of the Bulls and Tour de France
- 11 Trans-Siberian Railway
- 12 Paris Museum Pass length of life
- 13 A taste of Scotland and Ireland
- 14 Restaurants near Pantheon in Rome
- 15 Hoping to stay cool this summer - any comments on my northern itinerary?
- 16 Hotels in old Rome
- 17 Which area to stay in Madrid?
- 18 Great Britain Car Tour Help!
- 19 Mont St. Michele?
- 20 Best Luggage for Cobblestone/Stairs
- 21 Montpellier - To do? To eat? To Shop?
- 22 Train from Paris to Avignon
- 23 Bologna: Aperitivo Time
- 24 Umbria, Marche - where to add extra days
- 25 Where to travel during the first week of April in Europe?