I am planning on visiting Italy for two weeks in September. My family will be renting a villa in the Cinque Terre for about 6 days, then from there my boyfriend and I are planning to travel to Tuscany and Venice. Some questions:
- We want to rent a villa in one of the towns in the Cinque Terre and spend our days hiking from town to town and enjoying the Mediterranean. Is there a particular town you would recommend as a home base? We want to stay somewhere that is central to the other towns and has good restaurants to dine in during the evenings. If anyone has stayed in a villa they can recommend (would need to sleep 5 people) I'd love to hear!
- From there my boyfriend and I wanted to rent a car. I have never done that abroad, do you know how we would go about getting this set-up? Ideally we would want to drive from Cinque Terre to Tuscany then to Venice (and leave it in Venice the day we arrive since we wouldn't want it there).
- We were planning on spending 4 days in Tuscany and 4 in Venice. Any recommendations for the Tuscany itinerary? Should we stay the night in a different city every night as we make our way to Venice? If so, what cities?
I would be SO appreciative of any one's feedback!
Two Weeks: Cinque Terre, Tuscany, Venice
- 1 Yet another train question......
- 2 Rental car size in Spain: what's a supermini?
- 3 Barcelona June 2013 Trip Report
- 4 Brutal Crack Down on Peaceful Environmental Protest
- 5 Trip Report: SE England - Stately Homes & Gardens in Kent
- 6 Rhine River Lights Fireworks
- 7 Moving to England at 16: Driving Laws?
- 8 Do and don't, eating in France
- 9 Travelling within Florence and to Siena
- 10 Hotel recommendations for Turin
- 11 Confirm these things before you book yourself at B&B accommodation.
- 12 london travelcrard
- 13 Am I too fat too travel?
- 14 lake como (italy) or lugano/lucerne (switzerland)?
- 15 Cross-Pollinate apartments for London? Any experience?
- 16 The "I'm moving/I'm coming home" Italy Trip Report...
- 17 France Itinerary Help
- 18 Derby - What to do with 1.5 days?
- 19 Paris Ticket t+
- 20 Vueling - Be Very Careful
- 21 Albi-Carcassonne to St. Remy
- 22 Best area to stay in Rome
- 23 Public transport to Sol Metro area from Madrid airport
- 24 Sweden, Denmark, Norway Trip Report
- 25 5000 stairsteps, 40 ciao bellas, 12 trains, 8 pizzas, 3 women, 1 report