I am planning on visiting Italy for two weeks in September. My family will be renting a villa in the Cinque Terre for about 6 days, then from there my boyfriend and I are planning to travel to Tuscany and Venice. Some questions:
- We want to rent a villa in one of the towns in the Cinque Terre and spend our days hiking from town to town and enjoying the Mediterranean. Is there a particular town you would recommend as a home base? We want to stay somewhere that is central to the other towns and has good restaurants to dine in during the evenings. If anyone has stayed in a villa they can recommend (would need to sleep 5 people) I'd love to hear!
- From there my boyfriend and I wanted to rent a car. I have never done that abroad, do you know how we would go about getting this set-up? Ideally we would want to drive from Cinque Terre to Tuscany then to Venice (and leave it in Venice the day we arrive since we wouldn't want it there).
- We were planning on spending 4 days in Tuscany and 4 in Venice. Any recommendations for the Tuscany itinerary? Should we stay the night in a different city every night as we make our way to Venice? If so, what cities?
I would be SO appreciative of any one's feedback!
Two Weeks: Cinque Terre, Tuscany, Venice
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Reims for a day
- 2 Apartment and Area to Stay in Istanbul
- 3 Any exciting towns South of Rome, Italy
- 4 Munich with a car?
- 5 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip
- 6 day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 7 Abruzzo for 5 days
- 8 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 9 Barcelona to SW France to Madrid in 10 days
- 10 recommendations for budget hotels - West End, Covent Garden, Bloomsbury
- 11 Florence to Naples by car road trip ideas
- 12 Soccer/futbol in Madrid
- 13 poland to switzerland
- 14 Madrid or Toledo on May 1st - holiday
- 15 Online hotel reservation sites reliable?
- 16 First Solo Euro Trip -- August 2014
- 17 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 18 Venice to Wegen Switerzerland-suggestion for overnight near lake como
- 19 Day trip on the Rhine
- 20 October travel to Northern France--early or late?
- 21 Toulouse and beyond -
- 22 One week in Venice - trips
- 23 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 24 Italy for 3 in 12 days
- 25 Reservation needed in Germany?