I am planning on visiting Italy for two weeks in September. My family will be renting a villa in the Cinque Terre for about 6 days, then from there my boyfriend and I are planning to travel to Tuscany and Venice. Some questions:
- We want to rent a villa in one of the towns in the Cinque Terre and spend our days hiking from town to town and enjoying the Mediterranean. Is there a particular town you would recommend as a home base? We want to stay somewhere that is central to the other towns and has good restaurants to dine in during the evenings. If anyone has stayed in a villa they can recommend (would need to sleep 5 people) I'd love to hear!
- From there my boyfriend and I wanted to rent a car. I have never done that abroad, do you know how we would go about getting this set-up? Ideally we would want to drive from Cinque Terre to Tuscany then to Venice (and leave it in Venice the day we arrive since we wouldn't want it there).
- We were planning on spending 4 days in Tuscany and 4 in Venice. Any recommendations for the Tuscany itinerary? Should we stay the night in a different city every night as we make our way to Venice? If so, what cities?
I would be SO appreciative of any one's feedback!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First European Vacation )
- 2 COPENHAGEN or STOCKHOLM for 4-5 days?
- 3 ATM near passport control in CDG terminal 2?
- 4 Roma Pass question on Borghese reservation
- 5 Apartment recommendation to stay in Paris
- 6 Paris
- 7 Rome/Florence
- 8 All French taxis now obliged to accept cards
- 9 Lechazo in Castilla; Burgos; Extebarri; Getaria; SS (??)
- 10 Eiffel Tower Tickets - UGH!
- 11 Tapas in Madrid and other stuff to do
- 12 Traveling around Lake Geneva
- 13 Around Geneva?
- 14 London, England, alone or with a tour group?
- 15 Still another Normandy question
- 16 Provence, Paris & London in April - 15 day trip
- 17 Greek island advice
- 18 Texting in France
- 19 Cars in France
- 20 Italy - Rome, Venice, and Florence
- 21 4 special meals, 2 GTGs, Benedict Cumberbatch and a Tattoo
- 22 London Open House Weekend and Moreton in Marsh
- 23 Awe inspiring on the Amalfi Coast....an Albergo "Clash of the Titans"
- 24 Madrid - how to schedule train from airport
- 25 Weekend in Paris in October