We are planning a two week trip to Northern Italy the last 2 weeks of March and plan to travel by train. We'd like to focus on Venice and surrounding areas, Emilia Romangna and possibly a few days in Sirmione on Lake Garda. We prefer not to stay in many places but to take day trips. Other than Venice, which towns would be good bases for this trip? How long would one stay in each place? We'd appreciate any suggestions for high level walking and boat tours. We love art, architecture, history, music, food, wine, culture and nature. Any suggestions for moderately priced boutique hotels or b and b's would be appreciated. Thank you!
Two week trip to Northern Italy
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Transportation in Italy - rent a car or stick to trains?
- 2 Summer vacation in Greece for 2 weeks, need help w itinerary !!
- 3 How far ahead do you buy plane tickets?
- 4 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 5 Ever Seen the 'Baked Bean' In London?
- 6 Euro quiz # 42 - Trains, Trains and Railways...
- 7 Toulouse, The Dordogne(based in Sarlat) and Paris
- 8 Font de Gaume Reservations Available Again
- 9 10 Day Itinerary in Italy?
- 10 Feedback on my 5-day Paris site list.
- 11 Amalfi Coast town to stay in?
- 12 Liberation of Auschwitz 70 years ago
- 13 Marry in Venice travel to Florence, Rome, AC, Naples
- 14 Ediburgh lodging - July.
- 15 What's your suggestion ????
- 16 Transferwise: My latest experience in currency exchange
- 17 Multi-Generational Great Britain Tour
- 18 A guide to Madrid
- 19 Transfer at Paris (CDG) from terminal 2E and 2D by foot is possible?
- 20 Prague for a week?
- 21 Lake Garda self-catering for 4 adults & 2 children
- 22 Amasra Turkey for one day - what to do?
- 23 Exchanging CD$ for Euro's
- 24 What to do in Manchester for half a day?
- 25 Chip + Pin Credit Card