We are planning a two week trip to Northern Italy the last 2 weeks of March and plan to travel by train. We'd like to focus on Venice and surrounding areas, Emilia Romangna and possibly a few days in Sirmione on Lake Garda. We prefer not to stay in many places but to take day trips. Other than Venice, which towns would be good bases for this trip? How long would one stay in each place? We'd appreciate any suggestions for high level walking and boat tours. We love art, architecture, history, music, food, wine, culture and nature. Any suggestions for moderately priced boutique hotels or b and b's would be appreciated. Thank you!
Two week trip to Northern Italy
View all Europe activity »
- 1 10 Summer days in Spain: Barcelona alone or Madrid too?
- 2 Help me plan a vacation to Paris!
- 3 Stockholm Hotel Advice Help I'm torn Hotel Rival, Reisen or Story?????
- 4 Switzerland up close...360 views
- 5 Chambermaid tipping
- 6 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 7 7 days in Andalucia
- 8 Lake District, Hawkshead or Keswick?
- 9 Euro Train
- 10 Need help for visits to Belgium?
- 11 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 12 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 13 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 14 London for Christmas
- 15 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 16 Belgium
- 17 Navigo Decouverte
- 18 Eurostar/Raileurope Advance Booking
- 19 suggestions for a base in france -rouen to st malo in 4 days
- 20 More help with housing in Puglia
- 21 Itinerary Help: Amsterdam-Zurich/Basel-Geneva in 10 days?
- 22 15 days in Europe,
- 23 Confirming..."Buy train tickets the day of departure" advice....M/V/Rome
- 24 Madrid to Sevilla
- 25 London, Paris, and Brussels 2014