We are planning a two week trip to Northern Italy the last 2 weeks of March and plan to travel by train. We'd like to focus on Venice and surrounding areas, Emilia Romangna and possibly a few days in Sirmione on Lake Garda. We prefer not to stay in many places but to take day trips. Other than Venice, which towns would be good bases for this trip? How long would one stay in each place? We'd appreciate any suggestions for high level walking and boat tours. We love art, architecture, history, music, food, wine, culture and nature. Any suggestions for moderately priced boutique hotels or b and b's would be appreciated. Thank you!
Two week trip to Northern Italy
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What Champagne House in Reims or Epernay for a day visit?
- 2 Help with Barcelona Plans Please!
- 3 Nairn to Edinburgh to home - route and where to stay
- 4 Where can I find a driver for a day around Paris?
- 5 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 6 Owners Direct Rentals?
- 7 7 days in Greece
- 8 Amsterdam Itiniary
- 9 Hotel in Venice
- 10 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 11 What area to stay in Rome, Florence, and Venice?
- 12 Need to visit a hospital in Athens
- 13 Madrid or Toledo on May 1st - holiday
- 14 Swiss rail passes
- 15 Zurich, Switzerland
- 16 Article about the building of Brunelleschi's dome on the Duomo in Florence
- 17 London day trips, especially castles
- 18 Last day in Italy with kids, Bologna or Venice?
- 19 Honeymoon in Greece 10 days : Athen Santorini Crete
- 20 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 21 Ony 3-4 nights in Ortigia, priorities?????????
- 22 Day trips from Marseille
- 23 Trip to/involving Spain/Provence - preliminary ideas?
- 24 Sicily - Palermo, Cefalu, Taormina, Syracuse, Agrigento
- 25 First Solo Euro Trip -- August 2014