iI would like to seek help from the group. Our family of four is planning a two week Switzerland trip April 7 to 22 next year. I am currently in the process of fixing our itinerary and here it goes. Please feel free to comment and suggest but these are basically the places of interest for us. I have 2 kids aged 11 and 7. We prefer to drive around also but will take a bernina express route tirana-pontresina for a scenic ride.
montreux - chill on castle
bernese oberland --- gimmelwald, murren, Klein Scheidegg, Lauternrunnen, interlaken (take boat to thun)
lugano (to tirano via lake como)
tirano --- leave car in hotel/station in tirano and take bernina express to pontresina and then back to tirano) ** i know this is kinda a waste of time coming back but we really want to do this stretch of BE because it is said to be the most scenic
milan - fly out milan airport
Is our IT feasible? And is driving around these places doable during the time we are going? I am also considering if we should just go last week of May to June instead but my daughter wants to experience snow in Zermatt. What do you guys think? And with this IT, do we still need a rail pass if we are renting a car?
Thank you so much in advance. I hope you can spare your time and help us make our Switzerland trip a fabulous one.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 2 Transport for local Venice travel
- 3 Borghese Gallery Question
- 4 Help me decide which major city to cut based on time of year.
- 5 Experiencing Scotland in the Winters
- 6 Germany vs Sweden nightlife
- 7 London vacation rental agency
- 8 Restaurant recommendations in Sicily
- 9 Lunch stop with view of Rio–Antirrio Bridge
- 10 Towns around Lucca
- 11 Cork questions
- 12 London and Paris - 3 days each
- 13 To the top of Europe, and back again.
- 14 Swimming in Camogli, Santa Margherita Ligure, Italy
- 15 Sicily help
- 16 Italy Vacation
- 17 Stu Tower
- 18 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 19 Luggage questions for train travel in Italy.
- 20 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 21 Granada in April; add Malaga?
- 22 Help Planning Denmark Sweden Norway trip
- 23 Roman (and Florentine, Venetian) Holiday with la Principessa
- 24 Germany or Sweden
- 25 Crete Holiday