We would welcome your input on our trip itinerary. We plan to spend 2 weeks in Ireland towards the end of August. We are not museum or history people, and prefer exploring towns and villages and getting a real feel for Ireland. Places we want to see include the Dingle Peninsula, Cliffs of Moher, Aran Islands, Killarney National Park, Cork/Kinsale area, Dublin, and Galway area. We don't want to change where we sleep too often, so were thinking of 4 places as our bases. We are thinking of spending 3 nights in Dublin, then driving to Cork area and spending 3 nights there, with a day trip to Killarney National Park. Would you suggest staying in Cork, Kinsale, or Cobh? We are then spending one night in a castle in Tralee. We want to drive the Dingle Peninsula, and spend a couple of nights in that area. Would you recommend staying in Dingle, Tralee, or some other town as our base? We would then drive to Galway area. Would you suggest staying in Galway, or some other town as our base for that area? Finally, would you fly out of Dublin or Shannon, if we are in the Galway area? Thanks so much for the generosity of your experiences.
Two week Itinerary in Ireland
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Two European Cities in 8 days (Paris and one more)
- 2 Travel from Amsterdam to Pisa
- 3 Malaga to Madrid, then short stay before flight departure
- 4 Tuscan cooking school
- 5 Italian Language course in Florence
- 6 Two days in Dublin
- 7 Palenque's Scenic Swiss Trains
- 8 2 Nights in the Pyrenees: Driving Barcelona to San Sebastian
- 9 Help Please with itinerary between Pisa and Milan in Sept/Oct.
- 10 8 Days in Switzerland for the non skier
- 11 Northwestern Switzerland Fall 2014
- 12 Italy late Sept to early Oct 2015
- 13 Cooking Classes in Italy?
- 14 DVD players in France
- 15 Visit Algarve in mid-April 2015: Yes or No?
- 16 Kimhe - a big favor to ask of you
- 17 Munich accommodations
- 18 Trains
- 19 RER B Schedule on a Sunday Morning
- 20 Paris in one day with 2 kids
- 21 Ireland with Kids in March - itinerary help
- 22 Do European countries offer tax (or other) advantages to B&B owners?
- 23 malaga to madrid train ?
- 24 Italian language classes in Italy
- 25 Italy; cooking schools and lodging