We would welcome your input on our trip itinerary. We plan to spend 2 weeks in Ireland towards the end of August. We are not museum or history people, and prefer exploring towns and villages and getting a real feel for Ireland. Places we want to see include the Dingle Peninsula, Cliffs of Moher, Aran Islands, Killarney National Park, Cork/Kinsale area, Dublin, and Galway area. We don't want to change where we sleep too often, so were thinking of 4 places as our bases. We are thinking of spending 3 nights in Dublin, then driving to Cork area and spending 3 nights there, with a day trip to Killarney National Park. Would you suggest staying in Cork, Kinsale, or Cobh? We are then spending one night in a castle in Tralee. We want to drive the Dingle Peninsula, and spend a couple of nights in that area. Would you recommend staying in Dingle, Tralee, or some other town as our base? We would then drive to Galway area. Would you suggest staying in Galway, or some other town as our base for that area? Finally, would you fly out of Dublin or Shannon, if we are in the Galway area? Thanks so much for the generosity of your experiences.
Two week Itinerary in Ireland
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 2 Amsterdam: Recommendations on places to visit and eat
- 3 Last minute ideas anyone?
- 4 Another Maitai Pre-Adventure Conundrum
- 5 Splendid Summer Trip in Scotland and Ireland
- 6 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 7 Milan car rental and other Italy questions.
- 8 taxi line at FCO airport
- 9 Belgium, Germany, Netherlands
- 10 Barcelona itinerary- please help
- 11 Schengen Visa Question - Student Visa / Visitor Visa
- 12 US looking into preclearance at European airports
- 13 3-4 days in Italy before Monaco Conference suggestions
- 14 Interested In Coach Passes
- 15 20th ANNIVERSARY TRIP ITALY Rome, Florence, Tuscany & other nearby towns.
- 16 Getting from Zagreb to Vienna to Cesky Krumlov to Prague, etc.
- 17 Where to stay one night during our drive from Amboise to Avignon?
- 18 First time in Europe!
- 19 Travel with connecting flights
- 20 How many nights in Vienna vs. Salzburg?
- 21 Florence Hotel Advice
- 22 Train Travel - Paris to Brussels & Bruges
- 23 MXP to Dolomites--Where To Stay In Between
- 24 Paris Markets for a 5 Course Meal
- 25 Madrid Apartment Rentals