We would welcome your input on our trip itinerary. We plan to spend 2 weeks in Ireland towards the end of August. We are not museum or history people, and prefer exploring towns and villages and getting a real feel for Ireland. Places we want to see include the Dingle Peninsula, Cliffs of Moher, Aran Islands, Killarney National Park, Cork/Kinsale area, Dublin, and Galway area. We don't want to change where we sleep too often, so were thinking of 4 places as our bases. We are thinking of spending 3 nights in Dublin, then driving to Cork area and spending 3 nights there, with a day trip to Killarney National Park. Would you suggest staying in Cork, Kinsale, or Cobh? We are then spending one night in a castle in Tralee. We want to drive the Dingle Peninsula, and spend a couple of nights in that area. Would you recommend staying in Dingle, Tralee, or some other town as our base? We would then drive to Galway area. Would you suggest staying in Galway, or some other town as our base for that area? Finally, would you fly out of Dublin or Shannon, if we are in the Galway area? Thanks so much for the generosity of your experiences.
Two week Itinerary in Ireland
View all Europe activity »
- 1 One more last question on Bayeux
- 2 New to Fodors: Please help with beginning stages of husband/wife trip
- 3 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 4 banger rally around europe?
- 5 Question-- York & North York Moors
- 6 Euro Train
- 7 Spain Train Reservations - Seat assignment
- 8 5 days in Granada - Seville?
- 9 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 10 Honeymoon Travel Advice Needed!
- 11 Spain - Andalucia
- 12 Backpacking Europe beginners questions!
- 13 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 14 Revised itinerary needs approval
- 15 Turkey Experts: Need Itinerary help - mostly with order of trip
- 16 Trip around Spain
- 17 Crete - trip report - 3 weeks May 2013, a great and surprising trip!
- 18 Weekend in Lake Bled?
- 19 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 20 Scotland this summer - some initial planning questions
- 21 Travelling from Venice to the Cinque Terre towns.
- 22 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 23 My first visit to Ireland, next year.
- 24 Medieval Tallinn
- 25 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome