My husband and I are getting ready to book our tickets for a two week trip to Europe.
We are aiming sometime in September, with the tentative dates of September 17 through October 3, although the dates could be flexible a couple of weeks in either direction.
Sept. 17 (Tues): leave
Sept. 18 (Wed.): arrive in London in the morning, have a wonderfully jet lagged day
Sept. 19 + 20: London
Sept. 21: Travel to Paris (so 3.5ish days in London, albeit one jet-lagged one)
Sept. 22 - Sept. 25: Paris (including a longgg day trip to Normandy beaches)
Sept. 25: night train to Munich, maybe a flight (so 4.5ish days of Paris)
Sept. 26-30: Munich (one day at Oktoberfest)
Oct. 1: travel to Prague (so 4.5 days in Munich)
October 2: Prague
October 3: Fly home
These are flexible, My husband and I have both been to London, Munich and Paris before when we were younger, so those days can be adjusted. We added in Prague because we wanted to see somewhere we haven't before, although Amsterdam and Venice were also in the running.
Is Prague so "out there" that we should either devote more time to it or not even bother? Add another destination instead?
Also, is planning on hitting up Munich during Oktoberfest a horrible idea? If we booked hotels within the next week or so would we still get OK options? We would probably be just as happy visiting breweries independently for a beer fix, but it seemed like one of those "if you're there, you might as well do it" events.
Thanks for the help!
Two week Europe itinerary
- 1 Oh Solomillo! 15 Days in Spain
- 2 Is there a best time of day to visit the Alhambra?
- 3 Barcelona Transfers
- 4 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 5 Gate 1 9 day Enchanted Italy
- 6 TROMSO - 70 years old
- 7 WOW Russia Tours St. Petersburg
- 8 Ireland in a week
- 9 French café offers discounts to customers who remember their "Bonjour"
- 10 Spain - Andalucia
- 11 Advice on 10-14 days family trip Paris-Amsterdam-Italy
- 12 Budget (or at least Somewhat Inexpensive) Lodging in Bologna
- 13 TGV and Provence questions
- 14 Day Trips from Florence: Tours or On Our Own???
- 15 Our 'trip of a lifetime'in Europe - trip report
- 16 5 days in Granada - Seville?
- 17 River Cruise from Moscow to St. Petersburg
- 18 2 Week European Itinerary
- 19 Chambermaid tipping
- 20 Channel Islands
- 21 USING THE METRO FROM AEROPORT CDG 2 TGV TO Place d'Italie
- 22 17 Days Route from Amsterdam to Zurich
- 23 Car in Prague
- 24 best beach hotel Mykonos
- 25 Cell phones in Europe if my current phone isn't international capable?