My husband and I are getting ready to book our tickets for a two week trip to Europe.
We are aiming sometime in September, with the tentative dates of September 17 through October 3, although the dates could be flexible a couple of weeks in either direction.
Sept. 17 (Tues): leave
Sept. 18 (Wed.): arrive in London in the morning, have a wonderfully jet lagged day
Sept. 19 + 20: London
Sept. 21: Travel to Paris (so 3.5ish days in London, albeit one jet-lagged one)
Sept. 22 - Sept. 25: Paris (including a longgg day trip to Normandy beaches)
Sept. 25: night train to Munich, maybe a flight (so 4.5ish days of Paris)
Sept. 26-30: Munich (one day at Oktoberfest)
Oct. 1: travel to Prague (so 4.5 days in Munich)
October 2: Prague
October 3: Fly home
These are flexible, My husband and I have both been to London, Munich and Paris before when we were younger, so those days can be adjusted. We added in Prague because we wanted to see somewhere we haven't before, although Amsterdam and Venice were also in the running.
Is Prague so "out there" that we should either devote more time to it or not even bother? Add another destination instead?
Also, is planning on hitting up Munich during Oktoberfest a horrible idea? If we booked hotels within the next week or so would we still get OK options? We would probably be just as happy visiting breweries independently for a beer fix, but it seemed like one of those "if you're there, you might as well do it" events.
Thanks for the help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Austria
- 2 Is a canal pass and museum entry worth buying ahead of visit?
- 3 Charles Degaulle question
- 4 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 5 Car Rental in Italy: Insurance Needed/Suggested
- 6 Elbe Bike Trip 2 with a nasty end
- 7 12 days in Austria
- 8 Cancelling apartment in PARIS
- 9 Amsterdam in August
- 10 Tuscany Region - Public Transportation or Rental Car?
- 11 Pompeii luggage storage
- 12 Croatia Itinerary Advice - Thank you!
- 13 What about Basque Country?
- 14 Tuscany Region - Rental Car or Public Transportation?
- 15 Terminal 1 CDG Airport to Le Bus Direct Line 2 Station Airport
- 16 12 days, which 4 cities?
- 17 Family of 4 in a couchette from Venice
- 18 8 days in Madrid/Sevilla/Granada
- 19 Going to Denmark, Norway – what is there to see?
- 20 London - Lakes - Hadrian - Traquair and more...
- 21 Bologna or Bergamo?
- 22 Monti in Rome, your thoughts please
- 23 Plane or train between Copenhagen and Stockholm
- 24 Helsinki -> Tallin -> Riga OR Tallin -> Riga -> Vilinius ?
- 25 Copenhagen / Stockholm trip advice