My husband and I are getting ready to book our tickets for a two week trip to Europe.
We are aiming sometime in September, with the tentative dates of September 17 through October 3, although the dates could be flexible a couple of weeks in either direction.
Sept. 17 (Tues): leave
Sept. 18 (Wed.): arrive in London in the morning, have a wonderfully jet lagged day
Sept. 19 + 20: London
Sept. 21: Travel to Paris (so 3.5ish days in London, albeit one jet-lagged one)
Sept. 22 - Sept. 25: Paris (including a longgg day trip to Normandy beaches)
Sept. 25: night train to Munich, maybe a flight (so 4.5ish days of Paris)
Sept. 26-30: Munich (one day at Oktoberfest)
Oct. 1: travel to Prague (so 4.5 days in Munich)
October 2: Prague
October 3: Fly home
These are flexible, My husband and I have both been to London, Munich and Paris before when we were younger, so those days can be adjusted. We added in Prague because we wanted to see somewhere we haven't before, although Amsterdam and Venice were also in the running.
Is Prague so "out there" that we should either devote more time to it or not even bother? Add another destination instead?
Also, is planning on hitting up Munich during Oktoberfest a horrible idea? If we booked hotels within the next week or so would we still get OK options? We would probably be just as happy visiting breweries independently for a beer fix, but it seemed like one of those "if you're there, you might as well do it" events.
Thanks for the help!
Two week Europe itinerary
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Bus Tour with a toddler
- 2 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 3 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 4 Siena - Pienza - Montepulciano
- 5 Vegan in Germany?
- 6 biking tours in Italy?
- 7 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?
- 8 Treis-Karden 4 days and Trier 2 days?
- 9 Scotland November 2015
- 10 Which european city?
- 11 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 12 Trip to Central and Eastern Europe Aug 2015 (3-9 months)
- 13 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 14 Ideas for Itinerary from Frankfurt
- 15 Rail tickets Question: Dusseldorf, Amsterdam, Antwerp
- 16 Euro Trivia Quiz #12 - Know Your Rivers?
- 17 All Set To Go!!
- 18 Italy Countryside
- 19 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 20 French Basque region
- 21 VISA question
- 22 Paris-Loire-Avignon-Barcelona itinerary (help)
- 23 Capri 5 star hotel Tiberio Palace or Capri Palace with teen daughters
- 24 Accommodations in or near Brussels with parking
- 25 Transportation from Athens Airport to Syntagma