My husband and I are getting ready to book our tickets for a two week trip to Europe.
We are aiming sometime in September, with the tentative dates of September 17 through October 3, although the dates could be flexible a couple of weeks in either direction.
Sept. 17 (Tues): leave
Sept. 18 (Wed.): arrive in London in the morning, have a wonderfully jet lagged day
Sept. 19 + 20: London
Sept. 21: Travel to Paris (so 3.5ish days in London, albeit one jet-lagged one)
Sept. 22 - Sept. 25: Paris (including a longgg day trip to Normandy beaches)
Sept. 25: night train to Munich, maybe a flight (so 4.5ish days of Paris)
Sept. 26-30: Munich (one day at Oktoberfest)
Oct. 1: travel to Prague (so 4.5 days in Munich)
October 2: Prague
October 3: Fly home
These are flexible, My husband and I have both been to London, Munich and Paris before when we were younger, so those days can be adjusted. We added in Prague because we wanted to see somewhere we haven't before, although Amsterdam and Venice were also in the running.
Is Prague so "out there" that we should either devote more time to it or not even bother? Add another destination instead?
Also, is planning on hitting up Munich during Oktoberfest a horrible idea? If we booked hotels within the next week or so would we still get OK options? We would probably be just as happy visiting breweries independently for a beer fix, but it seemed like one of those "if you're there, you might as well do it" events.
Thanks for the help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ireland base towns (and timing) - Connemara/W. Cork?
- 2 0nline : yahoo MAIL Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT 1:844:291 :6706 yahoo mail 24*7
- 3 Paris advice with kids
- 4 International drivers permit
- 5 Villa in Italy
- 6 Cycling Nice into Italy along the coast
- 7 Visiting Positano and Amalfi
- 8 Cap Ferrat, Antibe, Luberon?
- 9 8-days in Greece, Rhodes or Crete?
- 10 Worst flight booking with edreams
- 11 Paris travel help
- 12 Anyone stay at Homeaway: Villa Iride in Praiano, Amalfi Coast?
- 13 Time to tell on yourself (embarassing travel stories)
- 14 Allocating time in Barcelona - Gaudi tickets
- 15 Getting to Eilean Donan Castle
- 16 paris hotel easy commute to Palais de Congres
- 17 Châteauneuf-du-Pape Wine tours and Luberon Wine Producers
- 18 Lonely Planet‘s Best in Europe list-your thoughts please
- 19 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 20 One night in the Dolomites
- 21 Favourite Alpine and Mediterranean place?
- 22 Airport Transit Visa
- 23 Need advice on multi-day, multi-museum private tours in Paris
- 24 Where in Greece
- 25 Help with Scotland Itinerary