My husband and I are getting ready to book our tickets for a two week trip to Europe.
We are aiming sometime in September, with the tentative dates of September 17 through October 3, although the dates could be flexible a couple of weeks in either direction.
Sept. 17 (Tues): leave
Sept. 18 (Wed.): arrive in London in the morning, have a wonderfully jet lagged day
Sept. 19 + 20: London
Sept. 21: Travel to Paris (so 3.5ish days in London, albeit one jet-lagged one)
Sept. 22 - Sept. 25: Paris (including a longgg day trip to Normandy beaches)
Sept. 25: night train to Munich, maybe a flight (so 4.5ish days of Paris)
Sept. 26-30: Munich (one day at Oktoberfest)
Oct. 1: travel to Prague (so 4.5 days in Munich)
October 2: Prague
October 3: Fly home
These are flexible, My husband and I have both been to London, Munich and Paris before when we were younger, so those days can be adjusted. We added in Prague because we wanted to see somewhere we haven't before, although Amsterdam and Venice were also in the running.
Is Prague so "out there" that we should either devote more time to it or not even bother? Add another destination instead?
Also, is planning on hitting up Munich during Oktoberfest a horrible idea? If we booked hotels within the next week or so would we still get OK options? We would probably be just as happy visiting breweries independently for a beer fix, but it seemed like one of those "if you're there, you might as well do it" events.
Thanks for the help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lipari Aeolian Islands
- 2 Don't kill me - 88 days in Paris Airbnb?
- 3 The Scruffman in Europe
- 4 Italy in June/July
- 5 Planning first trip to Germany, looking for any recommendations!!!
- 6 First visit to Paris, 6 days
- 7 Montenegro in Sept/Oct
- 8 England/Scotland in January?
- 9 Northern Wales Itinerary Review
- 10 honeymoon eats and drinks
- 11 Alone in Paris
- 12 Change of plans - what to do between Granada and Malaga.
- 13 First trip to Ireland--won't be the last!
- 14 Ronda or Malaga as a base for Malaga Province?
- 15 Clown wants to do some street performing in Europe
- 16 Tickets to Saints Chapelle Concerts
- 17 London - Home From Home Apartment Rental Agency
- 18 Basque region and/or Galicia?
- 19 renting a car in Spain and driving to Portugal
- 20 Packing for Croatia Sept-Oct - Just getting started
- 21 seeking advice for Turkey trip in November
- 22 Suggestions for an arrival day itinerary in Venice- with jetlagged kids
- 23 First Time in France--Paris and Burgundy
- 24 lodging in/near madrid
- 25 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Go To Paris