My husband and I are getting ready to book our tickets for a two week trip to Europe.
We are aiming sometime in September, with the tentative dates of September 17 through October 3, although the dates could be flexible a couple of weeks in either direction.
Sept. 17 (Tues): leave
Sept. 18 (Wed.): arrive in London in the morning, have a wonderfully jet lagged day
Sept. 19 + 20: London
Sept. 21: Travel to Paris (so 3.5ish days in London, albeit one jet-lagged one)
Sept. 22 - Sept. 25: Paris (including a longgg day trip to Normandy beaches)
Sept. 25: night train to Munich, maybe a flight (so 4.5ish days of Paris)
Sept. 26-30: Munich (one day at Oktoberfest)
Oct. 1: travel to Prague (so 4.5 days in Munich)
October 2: Prague
October 3: Fly home
These are flexible, My husband and I have both been to London, Munich and Paris before when we were younger, so those days can be adjusted. We added in Prague because we wanted to see somewhere we haven't before, although Amsterdam and Venice were also in the running.
Is Prague so "out there" that we should either devote more time to it or not even bother? Add another destination instead?
Also, is planning on hitting up Munich during Oktoberfest a horrible idea? If we booked hotels within the next week or so would we still get OK options? We would probably be just as happy visiting breweries independently for a beer fix, but it seemed like one of those "if you're there, you might as well do it" events.
Thanks for the help!
Two week Europe itinerary
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Istanbul water
- 2 Renewing our vows in Venice
- 3 Trying to get a handle on our 19 days in Tuscany and Umbria
- 4 Spain Rental Car Logistics - Barcelona Train Station
- 5 Help finding private transfer from Monte Gordo, Portugal to Seville, Spain
- 6 Venice: budget hotel for high school group?
- 7 Music and/or Favorite Day Trips, Barcelona
- 8 Add a day to Madrid or Barcelona??
- 9 A Travel Junkie and Pastry Chef's Wet Dream
- 10 Cinque Terre v Tuscany
- 11 Budapest hop on hop off bus tour
- 12 Stockholm/Copenhagen/Norway?
- 13 Advice for a trip to Venice
- 14 3 WEEKS IN SICILY - ITINERARY HELP
- 15 Day Trips from Nice
- 16 Day trip from Barcelona? Single female
- 17 Iwan2go went to the Dordogne
- 18 Madrid: City Views
- 19 How much luggage?????
- 20 Cornwall or Paris?
- 21 Paris Markets for a 5 Course Meal
- 22 Northern Italy for Nature Lovers/Crowd Haters
- 23 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 24 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 25 Madrid: Historic Homes & Gardens