My husband and I are getting ready to book our tickets for a two week trip to Europe.
We are aiming sometime in September, with the tentative dates of September 17 through October 3, although the dates could be flexible a couple of weeks in either direction.
Sept. 17 (Tues): leave
Sept. 18 (Wed.): arrive in London in the morning, have a wonderfully jet lagged day
Sept. 19 + 20: London
Sept. 21: Travel to Paris (so 3.5ish days in London, albeit one jet-lagged one)
Sept. 22 - Sept. 25: Paris (including a longgg day trip to Normandy beaches)
Sept. 25: night train to Munich, maybe a flight (so 4.5ish days of Paris)
Sept. 26-30: Munich (one day at Oktoberfest)
Oct. 1: travel to Prague (so 4.5 days in Munich)
October 2: Prague
October 3: Fly home
These are flexible, My husband and I have both been to London, Munich and Paris before when we were younger, so those days can be adjusted. We added in Prague because we wanted to see somewhere we haven't before, although Amsterdam and Venice were also in the running.
Is Prague so "out there" that we should either devote more time to it or not even bother? Add another destination instead?
Also, is planning on hitting up Munich during Oktoberfest a horrible idea? If we booked hotels within the next week or so would we still get OK options? We would probably be just as happy visiting breweries independently for a beer fix, but it seemed like one of those "if you're there, you might as well do it" events.
Thanks for the help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Travel help laundary
- 2 Norway and Netherlands
- 3 Provence Planning Help
- 4 Welltravbrit's London Sojourn - An Ongoing Trip Report
- 5 Exchanging Dollars for Euros - Best before leaving or after arriving?
- 6 Sim card in Nice, France
- 7 Puglia and Matera
- 8 Driving time from Hvar to Sucuraj
- 9 Back for more Honeymoon Help
- 10 Bernese Oberland or Engadin
- 11 What's on your bucket list?
- 12 Newbie - seeking any advice
- 13 Greece and Turkey next summer - are we crazy?
- 14 Getting married in Europe- Ceremony
- 15 Attending Church in Rome?
- 16 La Colombe d'Or in St. Paul de Vence
- 17 Italy- Sicily and the Amalfi coast - travel logistics
- 18 Best of SW Norway in 5 days; Bergen, Alesund, fjords
- 19 two weeks trip to Switzerland and French Rivwra
- 20 5 Nights in the Midlands
- 21 Trip Report - Portugal February 2015
- 22 Our first trip to Europe
- 23 After Bordeaux - any suggestions?
- 24 Grossglockner Road help
- 25 Itinerary for 3 weeks in Italy