My husband and I are getting ready to book our tickets for a two week trip to Europe.
We are aiming sometime in September, with the tentative dates of September 17 through October 3, although the dates could be flexible a couple of weeks in either direction.
Sept. 17 (Tues): leave
Sept. 18 (Wed.): arrive in London in the morning, have a wonderfully jet lagged day
Sept. 19 + 20: London
Sept. 21: Travel to Paris (so 3.5ish days in London, albeit one jet-lagged one)
Sept. 22 - Sept. 25: Paris (including a longgg day trip to Normandy beaches)
Sept. 25: night train to Munich, maybe a flight (so 4.5ish days of Paris)
Sept. 26-30: Munich (one day at Oktoberfest)
Oct. 1: travel to Prague (so 4.5 days in Munich)
October 2: Prague
October 3: Fly home
These are flexible, My husband and I have both been to London, Munich and Paris before when we were younger, so those days can be adjusted. We added in Prague because we wanted to see somewhere we haven't before, although Amsterdam and Venice were also in the running.
Is Prague so "out there" that we should either devote more time to it or not even bother? Add another destination instead?
Also, is planning on hitting up Munich during Oktoberfest a horrible idea? If we booked hotels within the next week or so would we still get OK options? We would probably be just as happy visiting breweries independently for a beer fix, but it seemed like one of those "if you're there, you might as well do it" events.
Thanks for the help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 한게임바둑이 c p s 33 . c o m
- 2 한게임맞고 c p s 33 . c o m
- 3 체리게임 c p s 33 . c o m
- 4 3 days in Spain - help where?!
- 5 체리바둑이 c p s 33 . c o m
- 6 8 in Rome or Rome + Amalfi in June
- 7 Safety in Rome
- 8 Seeking reasonable itinerary
- 9 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 10 Lunch near Amboise, Loire Valley
- 11 Europe First Timers
- 12 Greek Village
- 13 Crete Holiday
- 14 Athens Help
- 15 One free day in Barcelona
- 16 Apartment Montreux area
- 17 Uber vs. TfL
- 18 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 19 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 20 Trip Report: Amsterdam and Antwerp, May-June 2014
- 21 base in brussels
- 22 Rome or Venice first
- 23 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 24 Eloping in London, honeymooning in Paris!
- 25 Berlin