My husband and I are getting ready to book our tickets for a two week trip to Europe.
We are aiming sometime in September, with the tentative dates of September 17 through October 3, although the dates could be flexible a couple of weeks in either direction.
Sept. 17 (Tues): leave
Sept. 18 (Wed.): arrive in London in the morning, have a wonderfully jet lagged day
Sept. 19 + 20: London
Sept. 21: Travel to Paris (so 3.5ish days in London, albeit one jet-lagged one)
Sept. 22 - Sept. 25: Paris (including a longgg day trip to Normandy beaches)
Sept. 25: night train to Munich, maybe a flight (so 4.5ish days of Paris)
Sept. 26-30: Munich (one day at Oktoberfest)
Oct. 1: travel to Prague (so 4.5 days in Munich)
October 2: Prague
October 3: Fly home
These are flexible, My husband and I have both been to London, Munich and Paris before when we were younger, so those days can be adjusted. We added in Prague because we wanted to see somewhere we haven't before, although Amsterdam and Venice were also in the running.
Is Prague so "out there" that we should either devote more time to it or not even bother? Add another destination instead?
Also, is planning on hitting up Munich during Oktoberfest a horrible idea? If we booked hotels within the next week or so would we still get OK options? We would probably be just as happy visiting breweries independently for a beer fix, but it seemed like one of those "if you're there, you might as well do it" events.
Thanks for the help!
Two week Europe itinerary
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What cities in Poland have you visited?
- 2 Spain vacation help
- 3 Rocamaxour
- 4 Which Florence hotel?
- 5 Up coming strikes at Spanish airports 2015
- 6 BUGA 2015 (Floral festival in Brandenburg) transportation
- 7 April in Madrid
- 8 From Paris to Vaison la romaine
- 9 Quiet beach town in Italy?
- 10 Euro Travel Quiz - Places Reeking of History
- 11 Winter in europe - am I being too ambitious?
- 12 Dordogne prehistoric sites
- 13 construction near Shangri-La Paris or Le Royal Monceau Paris?
- 14 Louvre vs. Orsay/Rodin
- 15 Should I buy Euro's now?
- 16 I finally have my Scotland trip all booked.
- 17 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 18 Innsbruck and surroundings
- 19 Greece after the Vote
- 20 6-Week Europe Itinerary - Thoughts and Suggestions?
- 21 6 Days in Italy - all in Rome or divide it between Rome and Florence?
- 22 Shipping bags home
- 23 Liberation of Auschwitz 70 years ago
- 24 22 days in Amsterdam, Germany, Austria and Switzerland
- 25 Apartment in Italy