My husband and I are getting ready to book our tickets for a two week trip to Europe.
We are aiming sometime in September, with the tentative dates of September 17 through October 3, although the dates could be flexible a couple of weeks in either direction.
Sept. 17 (Tues): leave
Sept. 18 (Wed.): arrive in London in the morning, have a wonderfully jet lagged day
Sept. 19 + 20: London
Sept. 21: Travel to Paris (so 3.5ish days in London, albeit one jet-lagged one)
Sept. 22 - Sept. 25: Paris (including a longgg day trip to Normandy beaches)
Sept. 25: night train to Munich, maybe a flight (so 4.5ish days of Paris)
Sept. 26-30: Munich (one day at Oktoberfest)
Oct. 1: travel to Prague (so 4.5 days in Munich)
October 2: Prague
October 3: Fly home
These are flexible, My husband and I have both been to London, Munich and Paris before when we were younger, so those days can be adjusted. We added in Prague because we wanted to see somewhere we haven't before, although Amsterdam and Venice were also in the running.
Is Prague so "out there" that we should either devote more time to it or not even bother? Add another destination instead?
Also, is planning on hitting up Munich during Oktoberfest a horrible idea? If we booked hotels within the next week or so would we still get OK options? We would probably be just as happy visiting breweries independently for a beer fix, but it seemed like one of those "if you're there, you might as well do it" events.
Thanks for the help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Munich Trip in February, please help!!!!!!!
- 2 Travel to France & Switzerland with my daughter next summer
- 3 Madrid - how to schedule train from airport
- 4 How to enjoy Paris on a low/moderate budget?
- 5 Driving to Larrun (La Rhune) Spain
- 6 From tourist to local..need help budget dn where to go!
- 7 The Hague
- 8 ATM near passport control in CDG terminal 2?
- 9 Mont St Michel hotels
- 10 EU Citizenship & the Schengen Visa
- 11 Rhodes love it or hate it?
- 12 Your favorite Paris shopping street.
- 13 Tapas in Madrid and other stuff to do
- 14 14 Days in Portugal - Help with Itinerary
- 15 Reims Champagne Houses
- 16 ID check request from a hotel????
- 17 Help! Trains to Brugge from Brussels
- 18 Cars in France
- 19 Weekend in Paris in October
- 20 which michelin maps needed?
- 21 Spain accomodation
- 22 Postcards from Retirement-The Scotland Edition
- 23 Need Help Planning a 19 day visit to Ireland
- 24 London, England, alone or with a tour group?
- 25 Texting in France