My husband and I are getting ready to book our tickets for a two week trip to Europe.
We are aiming sometime in September, with the tentative dates of September 17 through October 3, although the dates could be flexible a couple of weeks in either direction.
Sept. 17 (Tues): leave
Sept. 18 (Wed.): arrive in London in the morning, have a wonderfully jet lagged day
Sept. 19 + 20: London
Sept. 21: Travel to Paris (so 3.5ish days in London, albeit one jet-lagged one)
Sept. 22 - Sept. 25: Paris (including a longgg day trip to Normandy beaches)
Sept. 25: night train to Munich, maybe a flight (so 4.5ish days of Paris)
Sept. 26-30: Munich (one day at Oktoberfest)
Oct. 1: travel to Prague (so 4.5 days in Munich)
October 2: Prague
October 3: Fly home
These are flexible, My husband and I have both been to London, Munich and Paris before when we were younger, so those days can be adjusted. We added in Prague because we wanted to see somewhere we haven't before, although Amsterdam and Venice were also in the running.
Is Prague so "out there" that we should either devote more time to it or not even bother? Add another destination instead?
Also, is planning on hitting up Munich during Oktoberfest a horrible idea? If we booked hotels within the next week or so would we still get OK options? We would probably be just as happy visiting breweries independently for a beer fix, but it seemed like one of those "if you're there, you might as well do it" events.
Thanks for the help!
Two week Europe itinerary
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Any suggestions for accomodations in Venice Italy mid June?
- 2 Mont St Michel
- 3 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 4 Bergamo/Bellagio - suggestions?
- 5 London hotel
- 6 30 Days in Europe - 29 y/o male
- 7 Transportation from Peisey Vallandry to Paris
- 8 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 9 Day trip from London to Paris
- 10 Prague 3 nights - Top 10 things to do
- 11 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 12 Paris airport shuttle recommendations
- 13 Cilento, Calabria and Basilicata: Help fill in a few blanks for us
- 14 Amsterdam -Belgium -Germany -Amsterdam
- 15 nearby cities to london
- 16 Will I be able to add minutes to the phone I bought in Spain 3 years ago?
- 17 Ancient Corinth info needed.
- 18 Tickets to Sagrada Familia
- 19 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 20 A relaxing itinerary in the Basque country?
- 21 Prague, Austria and Germany in 17 days
- 22 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 23 Porto -City Break
- 24 5 nights to get from Paris to Rome - What to do??
- 25 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions