My husband and I are getting ready to book our tickets for a two week trip to Europe.
We are aiming sometime in September, with the tentative dates of September 17 through October 3, although the dates could be flexible a couple of weeks in either direction.
Sept. 17 (Tues): leave
Sept. 18 (Wed.): arrive in London in the morning, have a wonderfully jet lagged day
Sept. 19 + 20: London
Sept. 21: Travel to Paris (so 3.5ish days in London, albeit one jet-lagged one)
Sept. 22 - Sept. 25: Paris (including a longgg day trip to Normandy beaches)
Sept. 25: night train to Munich, maybe a flight (so 4.5ish days of Paris)
Sept. 26-30: Munich (one day at Oktoberfest)
Oct. 1: travel to Prague (so 4.5 days in Munich)
October 2: Prague
October 3: Fly home
These are flexible, My husband and I have both been to London, Munich and Paris before when we were younger, so those days can be adjusted. We added in Prague because we wanted to see somewhere we haven't before, although Amsterdam and Venice were also in the running.
Is Prague so "out there" that we should either devote more time to it or not even bother? Add another destination instead?
Also, is planning on hitting up Munich during Oktoberfest a horrible idea? If we booked hotels within the next week or so would we still get OK options? We would probably be just as happy visiting breweries independently for a beer fix, but it seemed like one of those "if you're there, you might as well do it" events.
Thanks for the help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 2 Coastal daytrip from Dartmoor Park
- 3 Driving in Italy
- 4 Central London indoor swimming locations
- 5 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 6 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 7 Croatia, Slovenia & Bosnia Itinerary Feedback
- 8 Bus Nice Airport to Frejus
- 9 Day trips from milano and torino december 2017
- 10 CENAZ airport shuttle - Prague?
- 11 Paris to Bordeaux
- 12 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 13 What's the hotel policy regarding bringing in guests to your room?
- 14 Andalucia Spain
- 15 What's it like staying in a big agriturismo-like complex?
- 16 Best boutique hotel in London for honeymoon
- 17 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 18 Anyone have a pocket wifi for international travel?
- 19 8 days in Ireland -- where to go??!!
- 20 Barcelona - places to stay
- 21 My delightful sampling of Switzerland’s gems, with many thanks
- 22 2 days in Amsterdam after river cruise
- 23 Christmas Markets 2017
- 24 Language to use in Belgium
- 25 Private Ephesus Tour Companies