My husband and I are getting ready to book our tickets for a two week trip to Europe.
We are aiming sometime in September, with the tentative dates of September 17 through October 3, although the dates could be flexible a couple of weeks in either direction.
Sept. 17 (Tues): leave
Sept. 18 (Wed.): arrive in London in the morning, have a wonderfully jet lagged day
Sept. 19 + 20: London
Sept. 21: Travel to Paris (so 3.5ish days in London, albeit one jet-lagged one)
Sept. 22 - Sept. 25: Paris (including a longgg day trip to Normandy beaches)
Sept. 25: night train to Munich, maybe a flight (so 4.5ish days of Paris)
Sept. 26-30: Munich (one day at Oktoberfest)
Oct. 1: travel to Prague (so 4.5 days in Munich)
October 2: Prague
October 3: Fly home
These are flexible, My husband and I have both been to London, Munich and Paris before when we were younger, so those days can be adjusted. We added in Prague because we wanted to see somewhere we haven't before, although Amsterdam and Venice were also in the running.
Is Prague so "out there" that we should either devote more time to it or not even bother? Add another destination instead?
Also, is planning on hitting up Munich during Oktoberfest a horrible idea? If we booked hotels within the next week or so would we still get OK options? We would probably be just as happy visiting breweries independently for a beer fix, but it seemed like one of those "if you're there, you might as well do it" events.
Thanks for the help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Train from Interlaken to Venice
- 2 Safety concerns?
- 3 Dublin Ireland Hotel Advice for early June
- 4 Sample European Itinerary for a solo traveler.
- 5 Private transportation
- 6 Glastonbury vs Bath
- 7 Scotland itinerary, helm me with15 night itinerary
- 8 Sicily--Three Weeks in October--Winging It is Doable
- 9 Dynamic Currency Conversion is Alive & Well in Paris
- 10 St. Petersburg: Gosh, it's expensive
- 11 Global Travel Warning...
- 12 Must be the season of the witch: Nikki's autumn trip to London and Paris
- 13 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris 2015
- 14 Churches of the East Riding of Yorkshire
- 15 X-ray machines at train stations in Europe?
- 16 Do i need a Swiss Half-fare travelcard?
- 17 Morning in paris
- 18 Oct vs Nov for Greece
- 19 Advices about our itiniary
- 20 Balkans Itinerary
- 21 How a Greek DIY expert ended up on a Greek Island Cruise
- 22 Italy AND Switzerland in 8 days
- 23 CAPITALIZING ON THE CAPITALS: Central Europe
- 24 Return to Rome Pre Cruise Trip Report October 2016
- 25 Why Not Helsinki?