My husband and I are getting ready to book our tickets for a two week trip to Europe.
We are aiming sometime in September, with the tentative dates of September 17 through October 3, although the dates could be flexible a couple of weeks in either direction.
Sept. 17 (Tues): leave
Sept. 18 (Wed.): arrive in London in the morning, have a wonderfully jet lagged day
Sept. 19 + 20: London
Sept. 21: Travel to Paris (so 3.5ish days in London, albeit one jet-lagged one)
Sept. 22 - Sept. 25: Paris (including a longgg day trip to Normandy beaches)
Sept. 25: night train to Munich, maybe a flight (so 4.5ish days of Paris)
Sept. 26-30: Munich (one day at Oktoberfest)
Oct. 1: travel to Prague (so 4.5 days in Munich)
October 2: Prague
October 3: Fly home
These are flexible, My husband and I have both been to London, Munich and Paris before when we were younger, so those days can be adjusted. We added in Prague because we wanted to see somewhere we haven't before, although Amsterdam and Venice were also in the running.
Is Prague so "out there" that we should either devote more time to it or not even bother? Add another destination instead?
Also, is planning on hitting up Munich during Oktoberfest a horrible idea? If we booked hotels within the next week or so would we still get OK options? We would probably be just as happy visiting breweries independently for a beer fix, but it seemed like one of those "if you're there, you might as well do it" events.
Thanks for the help!
Two week Europe itinerary
- 1 Medieval Tallinn
- 2 Scotland this summer - some initial planning questions
- 3 Le Marche and Rome - Part 2 - Urbino
- 4 Where to rent car in Munich near train station?
- 5 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 6 London – five days with two teen boys
- 7 Where to stay in Copenhagen
- 8 Euro Train
- 9 Planning 4 nights S / SE of London for my parents in their late 60s
- 10 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 11 15 days in Europe,
- 12 Alsa Bus between Portugal and Spain
- 13 Gogartys, Dublin
- 14 Can romans help me?
- 15 Spain - Andalucia
- 16 Europe with young teens
- 17 Day Trips from Florence: Tours or On Our Own???
- 18 2 Week(ish) Italian Honeymoon Itinerary Help - First Time Europe Travelers
- 19 Planning a holiday
- 20 Sicily 10 days
- 21 Moscow transportation from Domodedovo airport
- 22 France, Spain, Italy and a hint of Switzerland
- 23 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Rome
- 24 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 25 planning a trip to barcelona first week of Jan