My husband and I are getting ready to book our tickets for a two week trip to Europe.
We are aiming sometime in September, with the tentative dates of September 17 through October 3, although the dates could be flexible a couple of weeks in either direction.
Sept. 17 (Tues): leave
Sept. 18 (Wed.): arrive in London in the morning, have a wonderfully jet lagged day
Sept. 19 + 20: London
Sept. 21: Travel to Paris (so 3.5ish days in London, albeit one jet-lagged one)
Sept. 22 - Sept. 25: Paris (including a longgg day trip to Normandy beaches)
Sept. 25: night train to Munich, maybe a flight (so 4.5ish days of Paris)
Sept. 26-30: Munich (one day at Oktoberfest)
Oct. 1: travel to Prague (so 4.5 days in Munich)
October 2: Prague
October 3: Fly home
These are flexible, My husband and I have both been to London, Munich and Paris before when we were younger, so those days can be adjusted. We added in Prague because we wanted to see somewhere we haven't before, although Amsterdam and Venice were also in the running.
Is Prague so "out there" that we should either devote more time to it or not even bother? Add another destination instead?
Also, is planning on hitting up Munich during Oktoberfest a horrible idea? If we booked hotels within the next week or so would we still get OK options? We would probably be just as happy visiting breweries independently for a beer fix, but it seemed like one of those "if you're there, you might as well do it" events.
Thanks for the help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How much money for 2 weeks in ITALY
- 2 Not-so-Expensive Restaurants in Copenhagen, Stockholm and Oslo
- 3 Help-1st time solo travel in Basel and Amsterdam
- 4 Free walking tours in Budapest and Prague
- 5 Versailles or Mont St Michel ?
- 6 London to Edinburgh Road Trip - Advice appreciated
- 7 Time to go through customs London, Stansted
- 8 Another Visit to London
- 9 The Best beach in Europe
- 10 Pre-booking colosseum tour tickets - help needed
- 11 Livorno shore excursion 3 choices ?
- 12 Barcelona San Pau Apartment
- 13 Driving through French Alps to Italy
- 14 I am a.tall foodie
- 15 Transportation
- 16 Favorite eateries in the Balkan States
- 17 The suitcases ar going to Provence
- 18 Northern England /Scotland in 16 days
- 19 Locations of apartment in Seville
- 20 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Rome
- 21 Flamenco -- Cordoba, Seville or Granada?
- 22 Help? Berlin (or Prague) dentist
- 23 7 day Itinerary Input Please - Switzerland
- 24 Question for Aussies re travel SIMs in Europe
- 25 Northern Spain