My husband and I are getting ready to book our tickets for a two week trip to Europe.
We are aiming sometime in September, with the tentative dates of September 17 through October 3, although the dates could be flexible a couple of weeks in either direction.
Sept. 17 (Tues): leave
Sept. 18 (Wed.): arrive in London in the morning, have a wonderfully jet lagged day
Sept. 19 + 20: London
Sept. 21: Travel to Paris (so 3.5ish days in London, albeit one jet-lagged one)
Sept. 22 - Sept. 25: Paris (including a longgg day trip to Normandy beaches)
Sept. 25: night train to Munich, maybe a flight (so 4.5ish days of Paris)
Sept. 26-30: Munich (one day at Oktoberfest)
Oct. 1: travel to Prague (so 4.5 days in Munich)
October 2: Prague
October 3: Fly home
These are flexible, My husband and I have both been to London, Munich and Paris before when we were younger, so those days can be adjusted. We added in Prague because we wanted to see somewhere we haven't before, although Amsterdam and Venice were also in the running.
Is Prague so "out there" that we should either devote more time to it or not even bother? Add another destination instead?
Also, is planning on hitting up Munich during Oktoberfest a horrible idea? If we booked hotels within the next week or so would we still get OK options? We would probably be just as happy visiting breweries independently for a beer fix, but it seemed like one of those "if you're there, you might as well do it" events.
Thanks for the help!
Two week Europe itinerary
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Loco Spain Train Questions
- 2 Looking for nice regions with good public transport
- 3 Aix en Provence
- 4 Trattorias/Bars/Restaurants Open Sunday & Monday in Monti (or other)Rome
- 5 Free family pass for kids with Berner Oberland Pass?
- 6 Germany -Preliminary Planning 2 weeks in Sept/15
- 7 France and Italy 15 nights. Suggestions welcomed.
- 8 Spanish Music
- 9 DEAUVILLE or HONFLEUR for overnight stay?
- 10 Itinerary help
- 11 Looking for 5* Beach Resort
- 12 Bernese Oberland or Engadin
- 13 Provence or Provence and Dorgogna
- 14 Western Mediterranean Honeymoon Cruise Leaving from Barcelona
- 15 Austria & Bavaria – A week-long winter getaway
- 16 Mother daughter London/Ireland trip
- 17 Grindelwald vs Lauterbrunnen vs Wengen on November
- 18 Things to do in/around Milan
- 19 Need advice for Madrid/ Castilla Leon / Basque / Aveiro
- 20 Day Trips from Paris
- 21 Ireland's west coast
- 22 Sixt Car Rental? Good/Bad? Any reviews/experiences?
- 23 Paradors in Avila, Segovia, Salamanca and Cuenca Spain
- 24 South of Switzerland
- 25 9 days; 1or 2 home bases for relaxing, sightseeing and nightlife in Italy