My husband and I are getting ready to book our tickets for a two week trip to Europe.
We are aiming sometime in September, with the tentative dates of September 17 through October 3, although the dates could be flexible a couple of weeks in either direction.
Sept. 17 (Tues): leave
Sept. 18 (Wed.): arrive in London in the morning, have a wonderfully jet lagged day
Sept. 19 + 20: London
Sept. 21: Travel to Paris (so 3.5ish days in London, albeit one jet-lagged one)
Sept. 22 - Sept. 25: Paris (including a longgg day trip to Normandy beaches)
Sept. 25: night train to Munich, maybe a flight (so 4.5ish days of Paris)
Sept. 26-30: Munich (one day at Oktoberfest)
Oct. 1: travel to Prague (so 4.5 days in Munich)
October 2: Prague
October 3: Fly home
These are flexible, My husband and I have both been to London, Munich and Paris before when we were younger, so those days can be adjusted. We added in Prague because we wanted to see somewhere we haven't before, although Amsterdam and Venice were also in the running.
Is Prague so "out there" that we should either devote more time to it or not even bother? Add another destination instead?
Also, is planning on hitting up Munich during Oktoberfest a horrible idea? If we booked hotels within the next week or so would we still get OK options? We would probably be just as happy visiting breweries independently for a beer fix, but it seemed like one of those "if you're there, you might as well do it" events.
Thanks for the help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Do I have time for the Appian Way?
- 2 Paris & Cote d'Azur Trip report
- 3 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??
- 4 10 days Greece in mid-Sept 2017
- 5 Uffizi Phone Number
- 6 Alitalia - Groundhog Day?
- 7 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #163
- 8 Lucerne and Innsbruck
- 9 Kroller-Muller - Paleis Het Loo - Maurithuis
- 10 Cordoba Overnight?
- 11 First Morning after arrival in Frankfurt
- 12 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 13 Need Information about French Alps
- 14 Krakow and Prague-one week
- 15 Travel within Greece, and motion sickness?
- 16 Croatia - Help on itinerary
- 17 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 18 Barcelona, Bilboa, Cuena, Madrid
- 19 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 20 Holy mass with Vienna Boys Choir
- 21 Early Itinerary Munich to Croatia
- 22 Torre Sponda apartments in Positano- anyone familiar?
- 23 The Dordogne & Loire Valley?
- 24 From Genoa to Camgoli by Train
- 25 Moving Around Amalfi without a car