My husband and I are getting ready to book our tickets for a two week trip to Europe.
We are aiming sometime in September, with the tentative dates of September 17 through October 3, although the dates could be flexible a couple of weeks in either direction.
Sept. 17 (Tues): leave
Sept. 18 (Wed.): arrive in London in the morning, have a wonderfully jet lagged day
Sept. 19 + 20: London
Sept. 21: Travel to Paris (so 3.5ish days in London, albeit one jet-lagged one)
Sept. 22 - Sept. 25: Paris (including a longgg day trip to Normandy beaches)
Sept. 25: night train to Munich, maybe a flight (so 4.5ish days of Paris)
Sept. 26-30: Munich (one day at Oktoberfest)
Oct. 1: travel to Prague (so 4.5 days in Munich)
October 2: Prague
October 3: Fly home
These are flexible, My husband and I have both been to London, Munich and Paris before when we were younger, so those days can be adjusted. We added in Prague because we wanted to see somewhere we haven't before, although Amsterdam and Venice were also in the running.
Is Prague so "out there" that we should either devote more time to it or not even bother? Add another destination instead?
Also, is planning on hitting up Munich during Oktoberfest a horrible idea? If we booked hotels within the next week or so would we still get OK options? We would probably be just as happy visiting breweries independently for a beer fix, but it seemed like one of those "if you're there, you might as well do it" events.
Thanks for the help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Driving Tour - Bari to Bologna
- 2 Beaches in Southern France
- 3 Glasgow and surrounding area help
- 4 TGV route Avignon - Paris
- 5 Seville in late January
- 6 Norfolk base
- 7 Berlin restaurant recs
- 8 Macedonia - the land of sun!
- 9 Eurorail pass or flights/local trains in Spain plus Lisbon for 21 days
- 10 RFID Protection
- 11 3 days to spend in europe
- 12 from Charles de Gaulle to central Paris
- 13 Drinks in Spain
- 14 3 Weeks in Italy near Milan
- 15 12 days europe
- 16 Heat wave in Paris? Learn to live with it!
- 17 Earthquake info for Perugia and Assisi
- 18 Croatia Roadtrip: Plitvice -> Dubrovnik in August
- 19 Travelling to Shiroka Luka, Bulgaria
- 20 Two weeks in Portugal in October
- 21 Train from London to Leeds and from York to London
- 22 Dordogne day trips by boat - options?
- 23 Spain Itinerary Help
- 24 Train in France-1st versus 2nd class?
- 25 13 days in Paris, plans and budget