My husband and I are getting ready to book our tickets for a two week trip to Europe.
We are aiming sometime in September, with the tentative dates of September 17 through October 3, although the dates could be flexible a couple of weeks in either direction.
Sept. 17 (Tues): leave
Sept. 18 (Wed.): arrive in London in the morning, have a wonderfully jet lagged day
Sept. 19 + 20: London
Sept. 21: Travel to Paris (so 3.5ish days in London, albeit one jet-lagged one)
Sept. 22 - Sept. 25: Paris (including a longgg day trip to Normandy beaches)
Sept. 25: night train to Munich, maybe a flight (so 4.5ish days of Paris)
Sept. 26-30: Munich (one day at Oktoberfest)
Oct. 1: travel to Prague (so 4.5 days in Munich)
October 2: Prague
October 3: Fly home
These are flexible, My husband and I have both been to London, Munich and Paris before when we were younger, so those days can be adjusted. We added in Prague because we wanted to see somewhere we haven't before, although Amsterdam and Venice were also in the running.
Is Prague so "out there" that we should either devote more time to it or not even bother? Add another destination instead?
Also, is planning on hitting up Munich during Oktoberfest a horrible idea? If we booked hotels within the next week or so would we still get OK options? We would probably be just as happy visiting breweries independently for a beer fix, but it seemed like one of those "if you're there, you might as well do it" events.
Thanks for the help!
Two week Europe itinerary
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where to go in Europe in early March
- 2 Ellen & Stu Dudley's trip to the Ile de Re & the Loire.
- 3 Barcelona next week, itinerary critique?
- 4 car rental issues Italy Slovenia Croatia
- 5 Favorite things to do in London
- 6 2 full days in Santorini, should we rent a car ?
- 7 Discount Card and itinerary for Paris for family of 4
- 8 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 9 Should one go to an iconic place to eat something not very palatable?
- 10 4 days in lake region
- 11 Stockholm/Copenhagen/Norway?
- 12 Europe in December for 10 days
- 13 Walking through Hyde park with luggage on a Sat morning?
- 14 What I Did Right... and... What I Learned...
- 15 Tipping in the UK
- 16 floods in Andalucia
- 17 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 18 A day in Bordeaux - what to do?
- 19 Interested In Coach Passes
- 20 Confused about train travel - Paris, Colmar, Lucerne, Lake Como
- 21 Pisa and Lucca in one day
- 22 Where to stay the night between Naples and Matera
- 23 Visiting Exciting Turkey in the Throes of Restoration
- 24 Strasbourg restaurant recommendations
- 25 Altdorf/Schattdorf restaurant