My husband and I are getting ready to book our tickets for a two week trip to Europe.
We are aiming sometime in September, with the tentative dates of September 17 through October 3, although the dates could be flexible a couple of weeks in either direction.
Sept. 17 (Tues): leave
Sept. 18 (Wed.): arrive in London in the morning, have a wonderfully jet lagged day
Sept. 19 + 20: London
Sept. 21: Travel to Paris (so 3.5ish days in London, albeit one jet-lagged one)
Sept. 22 - Sept. 25: Paris (including a longgg day trip to Normandy beaches)
Sept. 25: night train to Munich, maybe a flight (so 4.5ish days of Paris)
Sept. 26-30: Munich (one day at Oktoberfest)
Oct. 1: travel to Prague (so 4.5 days in Munich)
October 2: Prague
October 3: Fly home
These are flexible, My husband and I have both been to London, Munich and Paris before when we were younger, so those days can be adjusted. We added in Prague because we wanted to see somewhere we haven't before, although Amsterdam and Venice were also in the running.
Is Prague so "out there" that we should either devote more time to it or not even bother? Add another destination instead?
Also, is planning on hitting up Munich during Oktoberfest a horrible idea? If we booked hotels within the next week or so would we still get OK options? We would probably be just as happy visiting breweries independently for a beer fix, but it seemed like one of those "if you're there, you might as well do it" events.
Thanks for the help!
Two week Europe itinerary
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scotland
- 2 transport from Central London to Southampton
- 3 Andaz Liverpool vs. Marriott Regents Park
- 4 Budget for 10 weeks in Europe
- 5 Portugal or Croatia, which would you choose?
- 6 Monaco to Paris on Monday June 1st to catch 5pm flight from CDG to JFK
- 7 Train tickets and Theatre tickets: how far in advance to book?
- 8 Nike tennis shoes and leggings
- 9 Train des Pignes
- 10 Logistics for Rental Car in Spain
- 11 A Very Brief Report of My Recent Trip to Paris
- 12 family of 5 travelling London to Vienna
- 13 Pousadas
- 14 Umbria, Marche - where to add extra days
- 15 Best Location for Month Stay in Spain
- 16 London, Vienna, Prague Trip Report -- Part 2 Easter Sunday London
- 17 What is open in Naples on May 1 ?
- 18 Umbria - planning for 3 or 4 days in April
- 19 Netherlands-Belgium-Northern France Itinerary Help
- 20 taking kids to france for first time next summer-help!
- 21 Please help with Itinerary Draft for Madrid, Andalucia
- 22 Change in Travel
- 23 Thinking About Amsterdam
- 24 ireland
- 25 How long does it take to hike to the bottom of the gorge in Ronda and back?