My husband and I are getting ready to book our tickets for a two week trip to Europe.
We are aiming sometime in September, with the tentative dates of September 17 through October 3, although the dates could be flexible a couple of weeks in either direction.
Sept. 17 (Tues): leave
Sept. 18 (Wed.): arrive in London in the morning, have a wonderfully jet lagged day
Sept. 19 + 20: London
Sept. 21: Travel to Paris (so 3.5ish days in London, albeit one jet-lagged one)
Sept. 22 - Sept. 25: Paris (including a longgg day trip to Normandy beaches)
Sept. 25: night train to Munich, maybe a flight (so 4.5ish days of Paris)
Sept. 26-30: Munich (one day at Oktoberfest)
Oct. 1: travel to Prague (so 4.5 days in Munich)
October 2: Prague
October 3: Fly home
These are flexible, My husband and I have both been to London, Munich and Paris before when we were younger, so those days can be adjusted. We added in Prague because we wanted to see somewhere we haven't before, although Amsterdam and Venice were also in the running.
Is Prague so "out there" that we should either devote more time to it or not even bother? Add another destination instead?
Also, is planning on hitting up Munich during Oktoberfest a horrible idea? If we booked hotels within the next week or so would we still get OK options? We would probably be just as happy visiting breweries independently for a beer fix, but it seemed like one of those "if you're there, you might as well do it" events.
Thanks for the help!
Two week Europe itinerary
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tour Group Operators
- 2 Advantages and Disadvantages of Visiting Turkey At This Time
- 3 What is the fastest and best way to travel across Europe
- 4 I went to Paris in June
- 5 Italy things to do?
- 6 One month in Puglia and Matera
- 7 Tuscany for wine, food & photography??
- 8 Barcelona apartment input, please
- 9 Christmas Market 2014 Itinerary help
- 10 Premier Inn in Edinburgh, City Center, UK
- 11 Driving from London to Scotland.
- 12 Renting a car from Rome to tuscany to venice
- 13 Music, Hippos, Alchemists and More: A Berlin/Prague Trip Report
- 14 Self-driving tips for France
- 15 Does this sound feasible?
- 16 house-renting safe in Slovenija?
- 17 What is considered acceptable travel attire
- 18 Stockholm/Archipelago Dinner Cruise
- 19 Lauterbrunnen area (with baby)
- 20 weather and clothes in Paris Aug 2-8
- 21 How to make this adventure work?
- 22 Eating in University cafeterias
- 23 Advice on 8 day England Itinerary - No London
- 24 18 DAYS IN VIENNA, 7 DAYS WITH A 4-YEAR-OLD
- 25 Train pass for travel in Italy, France, and Netherlands??