My husband and I are getting ready to book our tickets for a two week trip to Europe.
We are aiming sometime in September, with the tentative dates of September 17 through October 3, although the dates could be flexible a couple of weeks in either direction.
Sept. 17 (Tues): leave
Sept. 18 (Wed.): arrive in London in the morning, have a wonderfully jet lagged day
Sept. 19 + 20: London
Sept. 21: Travel to Paris (so 3.5ish days in London, albeit one jet-lagged one)
Sept. 22 - Sept. 25: Paris (including a longgg day trip to Normandy beaches)
Sept. 25: night train to Munich, maybe a flight (so 4.5ish days of Paris)
Sept. 26-30: Munich (one day at Oktoberfest)
Oct. 1: travel to Prague (so 4.5 days in Munich)
October 2: Prague
October 3: Fly home
These are flexible, My husband and I have both been to London, Munich and Paris before when we were younger, so those days can be adjusted. We added in Prague because we wanted to see somewhere we haven't before, although Amsterdam and Venice were also in the running.
Is Prague so "out there" that we should either devote more time to it or not even bother? Add another destination instead?
Also, is planning on hitting up Munich during Oktoberfest a horrible idea? If we booked hotels within the next week or so would we still get OK options? We would probably be just as happy visiting breweries independently for a beer fix, but it seemed like one of those "if you're there, you might as well do it" events.
Thanks for the help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Super Excited! 3 weeks need your help!
- 2 TGV from Paris to Vienna?
- 3 Help deciding on how to tour England/Ireland/Scotland
- 4 Lake Garda, Where to stay
- 5 London's Must Sights!
- 6 Will this be a problem??? - connecting flights and different airlines
- 7 Midway stop btwn Paris & Venice?
- 8 Van Gogh Museum advice
- 9 Just booked flight 11 nt trip to Italy, into Pisa, out from Milan
- 10 Traveling to Europe mid November - suggestions
- 11 One month in southern Spain with little ones. Where to stay?
- 12 4 days in switzerland
- 13 Switzerland, Austria, Prague and Munich
- 14 11 days in Portugal in April - thoughts on itinerary please!
- 15 Do We Need A Guide to do the Ring Road?
- 16 10 Days in Greece @ End of June
- 17 2 Months around Europe and the Balkans. Need help with itinerary!
- 18 Solo trip across Europe covering 18 countries
- 19 Britain's contactless public transport revolution moves to Oxford
- 20 Scenic Driving Routes
- 21 Chatsworth/Hardwick Hall Timing
- 22 Trip Report Iceland Ring Road in Campervan
- 23 Swiss Pass dilemma
- 24 What is the area around Camaiore like?
- 25 Holiday trip with kids - suggestions please!