My husband and I are getting ready to book our tickets for a two week trip to Europe.
We are aiming sometime in September, with the tentative dates of September 17 through October 3, although the dates could be flexible a couple of weeks in either direction.
Sept. 17 (Tues): leave
Sept. 18 (Wed.): arrive in London in the morning, have a wonderfully jet lagged day
Sept. 19 + 20: London
Sept. 21: Travel to Paris (so 3.5ish days in London, albeit one jet-lagged one)
Sept. 22 - Sept. 25: Paris (including a longgg day trip to Normandy beaches)
Sept. 25: night train to Munich, maybe a flight (so 4.5ish days of Paris)
Sept. 26-30: Munich (one day at Oktoberfest)
Oct. 1: travel to Prague (so 4.5 days in Munich)
October 2: Prague
October 3: Fly home
These are flexible, My husband and I have both been to London, Munich and Paris before when we were younger, so those days can be adjusted. We added in Prague because we wanted to see somewhere we haven't before, although Amsterdam and Venice were also in the running.
Is Prague so "out there" that we should either devote more time to it or not even bother? Add another destination instead?
Also, is planning on hitting up Munich during Oktoberfest a horrible idea? If we booked hotels within the next week or so would we still get OK options? We would probably be just as happy visiting breweries independently for a beer fix, but it seemed like one of those "if you're there, you might as well do it" events.
Thanks for the help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3 days in Amsterdam, arriving on King's Day - Need advice
- 2 2 Days in Bologna
- 3 Need help with 2.5 days Rome itinerary
- 4 16 days loop Venice to Venice
- 5 What's your favorite indoor passage In Paris?
- 6 Shipping wine from Italy to Massachusetts
- 7 Ireland with teen daughter
- 8 One day Ephesus tour Company
- 9 Itinerary help needed for month in France.
- 10 KNOWL and/or CHARTWELL in Kent from London by train?
- 11 Cornwall to Edinburgh in 25 days ????
- 12 Can't we Fodorites be kinder in our responses, especially to new posters?
- 13 Ferries from Santorini to Folegandros
- 14 toarmina or cefalu
- 15 Danube Germany or Hungary
- 16 London Pass or No?
- 17 Freiburg to Zell am See
- 18 Day trip from Vienna (Prague, Budapest, Britislava, Salzburg)
- 19 Sankt Goar to Cologne
- 20 Modica or Noto? So difficult to decide!
- 21 Greek language app for Microsoft phone?
- 22 Family vacay in Europe
- 23 Where can I buy Euro night train tickets with e tickets?
- 24 Geneva to Munich
- 25 10 days in eastern Sicily - itinerary help needed