My husband and I are getting ready to book our tickets for a two week trip to Europe.
We are aiming sometime in September, with the tentative dates of September 17 through October 3, although the dates could be flexible a couple of weeks in either direction.
Sept. 17 (Tues): leave
Sept. 18 (Wed.): arrive in London in the morning, have a wonderfully jet lagged day
Sept. 19 + 20: London
Sept. 21: Travel to Paris (so 3.5ish days in London, albeit one jet-lagged one)
Sept. 22 - Sept. 25: Paris (including a longgg day trip to Normandy beaches)
Sept. 25: night train to Munich, maybe a flight (so 4.5ish days of Paris)
Sept. 26-30: Munich (one day at Oktoberfest)
Oct. 1: travel to Prague (so 4.5 days in Munich)
October 2: Prague
October 3: Fly home
These are flexible, My husband and I have both been to London, Munich and Paris before when we were younger, so those days can be adjusted. We added in Prague because we wanted to see somewhere we haven't before, although Amsterdam and Venice were also in the running.
Is Prague so "out there" that we should either devote more time to it or not even bother? Add another destination instead?
Also, is planning on hitting up Munich during Oktoberfest a horrible idea? If we booked hotels within the next week or so would we still get OK options? We would probably be just as happy visiting breweries independently for a beer fix, but it seemed like one of those "if you're there, you might as well do it" events.
Thanks for the help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Travel by car from Venice to Croatia
- 2 Proposed itinerary for Iceland
- 3 Path of the Gods / Amalfi coast
- 4 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 5 Dordogne Itinerary - Do I Need Another Day?
- 6 Prague - ATMs and Cash
- 7 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 8 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 9 New York Kennedy to Rome Fiumicino Airport Terminals Clarification
- 10 Looking for suggestions car trip starting Amsterdam to nice
- 11 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 12 Am i too dark to visit russia? Picture
- 13 "Never Mind"
- 14 How many nights in Verona and Bologna?
- 15 Following the Canadian Liberation Route in the Netherlands
- 16 Paris with a toddler and a baby
- 17 GERMANY, MID-RHINE & MUNICH
- 18 Visa Free Entry To Spain
- 19 Six Days on the Road in Ireland...Ideas?
- 20 Seat Assignments on TGV train from Paris to Avignon
- 21 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 22 Help / Day Planning Required ...
- 23 Organizing our 8 day Roman visit
- 24 First time in Bulgaria
- 25 Comments on locations/sestieri, please