My girlfriend and I are planning a trip in July to various cities in Europe. No agenda, just travel.
The odds are that our trip will be from July 8-23, 2013
We had planned on getting a Rail Europe pass and flying in to Paris to start our adventure. I later saw that France is no longer part of these pass systems. We then decided to fly into Amsterdam.
After Amsterdam, as I am a "car guy," we planned to take a train and a series of other methods to get to the Nurburgring in Germany and then to Munich perhaps. After that, train to either Budapest or Krakow. She wants to visit Krakow due to her part-Polish ancestry.
After that we would like to visit the Bergen Norway area to visit relatives of mine, with perhaps a day trip to Oslo.
Both of us have been abroad separately. I spent time in Prague and Berlin, while she spent time in Florence, Italy. So, this will be our first time together outside of the country.
I'm looking for all sorts of tips and hints to make this happen smoothly.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lodging in Zurich and Lucerne?
- 2 What is the best travel insurance company?
- 3 Paris & Cote d'Azur Trip report
- 4 French election
- 5 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 6 dinner jackets
- 7 To Paris Beauvais? Thursday the 27th am?
- 8 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 9 Help me bookend our Bologna stay in December
- 10 Lucerne and Innsbruck
- 11 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??
- 12 10 days Greece in mid-Sept 2017
- 13 Should I book my own guide for the Lourve and Versaille?
- 14 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 15 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 16 Restaurant suggestions in Lyon France? Overwhelmed!
- 17 Thrift Stores in Paris
- 18 mountain views near London
- 19 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #163
- 20 Need Help with German Train Schedule
- 21 Italy in 11 Days
- 22 ALICANTE - 1 Day Excursions
- 23 Portugal by Train or Car?
- 24 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 25 Greece Itinerary Jun-Jul 2017