My girlfriend and I are planning a trip in July to various cities in Europe. No agenda, just travel.
The odds are that our trip will be from July 8-23, 2013
We had planned on getting a Rail Europe pass and flying in to Paris to start our adventure. I later saw that France is no longer part of these pass systems. We then decided to fly into Amsterdam.
After Amsterdam, as I am a "car guy," we planned to take a train and a series of other methods to get to the Nurburgring in Germany and then to Munich perhaps. After that, train to either Budapest or Krakow. She wants to visit Krakow due to her part-Polish ancestry.
After that we would like to visit the Bergen Norway area to visit relatives of mine, with perhaps a day trip to Oslo.
Both of us have been abroad separately. I spent time in Prague and Berlin, while she spent time in Florence, Italy. So, this will be our first time together outside of the country.
I'm looking for all sorts of tips and hints to make this happen smoothly.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Driving in Italy?
- 2 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 3 Apartment & Location Recommendation in Paris
- 4 St Remy to Nice in Three Days?
- 5 Paris to Barcelona and Lourdes by train/car
- 6 Andalusia March 2 - March 11 Barcelona to Lisbon
- 7 Europe's Most Iconic Sights...???????
- 8 Itinerary Help - One week between Sicily and Rome
- 9 Train or car rental: Venice to Pisa
- 10 First time in Europe for 10 days! Help!
- 11 Shoes in Scotland
- 12 Engadine Valley help
- 13 driving the coastline of Croatia
- 14 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 15 Naples, Italy
- 16 Ireland in April
- 17 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 18 Is the Jacobite Steam Train worth it?
- 19 French restaurants
- 20 Portugal--Lisbon, Douro, Porto
- 21 Tuscany 6 nights
- 22 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 23 Ireland travel passport question
- 24 Europe in January - Is It Worth It?
- 25 New Year's Eve in Paris:at the Champs Elysees