My girlfriend and I are planning a trip in July to various cities in Europe. No agenda, just travel.
The odds are that our trip will be from July 8-23, 2013
We had planned on getting a Rail Europe pass and flying in to Paris to start our adventure. I later saw that France is no longer part of these pass systems. We then decided to fly into Amsterdam.
After Amsterdam, as I am a "car guy," we planned to take a train and a series of other methods to get to the Nurburgring in Germany and then to Munich perhaps. After that, train to either Budapest or Krakow. She wants to visit Krakow due to her part-Polish ancestry.
After that we would like to visit the Bergen Norway area to visit relatives of mine, with perhaps a day trip to Oslo.
Both of us have been abroad separately. I spent time in Prague and Berlin, while she spent time in Florence, Italy. So, this will be our first time together outside of the country.
I'm looking for all sorts of tips and hints to make this happen smoothly.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Europe in 2 weeks on budget
- 2 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 3 Florence or Genoa airport - Flying from Barcelona to get to Cinque Terre?
- 4 Quick 10 day Europe trip
- 5 Help me make this possible!
- 6 FIndng Vintage French Workwear in Paris
- 7 Mobile wifi for Europe travel
- 8 My thoughts go to Manchester
- 9 Car Rental
- 10 One evening : Lausanne or Geneve ?
- 11 First visit to London
- 12 First Timers Traveling to Italy - Help!
- 13 Awful experience with Ace Car Rental Iceland
- 14 Paris: Museums, food and wine -- May 2017
- 15 Balkans
- 16 My first trip to Crete
- 17 Châteauneuf-du-Pape Wine tours and Luberon Wine Producers
- 18 Ireland Trip
- 19 London is it worth it?
- 20 Advice on 1 day trip to Black Forest
- 21 Austria + Italy 10 Days places to visit in July
- 22 Final advice (I think) Restaurants!
- 23 itinerary recommendation 6 nights Spain (Barcelona/Madrid)
- 24 Any itinerary hints for Prague
- 25 Is skip the queue for Versailles worth it