My girlfriend and I are planning a trip in July to various cities in Europe. No agenda, just travel.
The odds are that our trip will be from July 8-23, 2013
We had planned on getting a Rail Europe pass and flying in to Paris to start our adventure. I later saw that France is no longer part of these pass systems. We then decided to fly into Amsterdam.
After Amsterdam, as I am a "car guy," we planned to take a train and a series of other methods to get to the Nurburgring in Germany and then to Munich perhaps. After that, train to either Budapest or Krakow. She wants to visit Krakow due to her part-Polish ancestry.
After that we would like to visit the Bergen Norway area to visit relatives of mine, with perhaps a day trip to Oslo.
Both of us have been abroad separately. I spent time in Prague and Berlin, while she spent time in Florence, Italy. So, this will be our first time together outside of the country.
I'm looking for all sorts of tips and hints to make this happen smoothly.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Meteora for older folk
- 2 Petrol in Greece
- 3 Renaissance Paris Vendome
- 4 Cote d'Azur--Having Second Thoughts...
- 5 Germany train help!
- 6 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 7 Hotels for 6 25 year old guys - Paris and London
- 8 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 9 FOCUS ON FRANCE: Paris and South of France
- 10 Input desired concerning my Sicily itinerary
- 11 Liverpool & Beatles port tour
- 12 Train help for Prague
- 13 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 14 Budapest & Prague
- 15 Please critique my itinerary in Italy
- 16 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 17 Traveling Greece without reservations
- 18 Paris day trips August
- 19 Milan to Switzerland for skiing
- 20 Paris to Orly Airport Public Transport
- 21 Acorn TV
- 22 Spain in July
- 23 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 24 Athens
- 25 Transportation from Brno train station