My girlfriend and I are planning a trip in July to various cities in Europe. No agenda, just travel.
The odds are that our trip will be from July 8-23, 2013
We had planned on getting a Rail Europe pass and flying in to Paris to start our adventure. I later saw that France is no longer part of these pass systems. We then decided to fly into Amsterdam.
After Amsterdam, as I am a "car guy," we planned to take a train and a series of other methods to get to the Nurburgring in Germany and then to Munich perhaps. After that, train to either Budapest or Krakow. She wants to visit Krakow due to her part-Polish ancestry.
After that we would like to visit the Bergen Norway area to visit relatives of mine, with perhaps a day trip to Oslo.
Both of us have been abroad separately. I spent time in Prague and Berlin, while she spent time in Florence, Italy. So, this will be our first time together outside of the country.
I'm looking for all sorts of tips and hints to make this happen smoothly.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3 nights Santorini suggestions with a child- is akrotiri a good location?
- 2 Proposed itinerary for Iceland
- 3 Driving Excursions/Day Trips outside of Edinburgh
- 4 Fine-tuning Requested: Naxos, Santorini, Athens Itinerary
- 5 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 6 Fodors monitors - "view profile" not available on Foxfire
- 7 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 8 info Faro & Algarve
- 9 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 10 Comments on locations/sestieri, please
- 11 Nafplio to Hydra
- 12 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 13 Favorite restaurants in Provence???
- 14 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 15 Day Trips from Dunfermline
- 16 Santorini lodging
- 17 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 18 Six Days on the Road in Ireland...Ideas?
- 19 May get together in Paris
- 20 14 days in Italy in late June with 6 adults + 6 little kids
- 21 Following the Canadian Liberation Route in the Netherlands
- 22 Self drive tour companies
- 23 Positano to Maori drive or ferry and how much visiting time?
- 24 Italian Honeymoon Advice
- 25 Advice needed- Sardinia or Costa Brava (again) in August