My sister-in- law and a colleague are are taking about 15 Australian teenage girls on a school trip to Germany in November/ December 2015. This is part of a regular exchange with a school in Bavaria.
This year, after their two week homestay, they will travel to Berlin before returning to Nurenberg. It seems they have about three hours in Dresden and she is looking for some ideas on what to see while there .( the girls have undertaken a project on different aspects of Berlin so it seems covered)
I made a day trip there myself from Berlin a few years ago so only have limited knowledge.
My thoughts were that perhaps they could do a walking tour ( with a local guide) to touch on a few main sights- eg Hofkirche, Zinger, Opera, Alstadt and the large wall mural - that are reasonably close together and also not far from the river- perhaps with lunch near the river or Alstadt.
Please let me know whether you think this is a useful starting point. Are there other sights more engaging for the students? ( thought about the Rubble Lady statue but can't recall its location in relation to other sights) . Any recommendations for informal dining.
Any insights or suggestions would be appreciated
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Munich itinerary review
- 2 My final Prague itinerary
- 3 UK or France or elsewhere, July 2018, good price from west coast?
- 4 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 5 Birthday dinner in Salzburg
- 6 Christmas - New Year Holiday
- 7 weekend from cologne germany
- 8 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 9 Last minute trip to Germany and Switzerland
- 10 Help with my trip to Paris and London
- 11 3nights in Venice
- 12 multi city flights to europe
- 13 Europe itinerary questions
- 14 Uber in Rome & Lisbon
- 15 Earthquake near Naples
- 16 13 nights in switzerland
- 17 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 18 Greece - 8 days - Recommendations please!
- 19 Cash and Czech Crowns
- 20 Football Tickets - Athens
- 21 where to stay between Salamanca and Zaragoza?
- 22 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 23 Salzburg itinerary review
- 24 Positano or Sorrento?
- 25 Lyon airport hotel or downtown + taxi
Two Teachers, Fifteen Teenagers and Three hours in Dresden