My sister-in- law and a colleague are are taking about 15 Australian teenage girls on a school trip to Germany in November/ December 2015. This is part of a regular exchange with a school in Bavaria.
This year, after their two week homestay, they will travel to Berlin before returning to Nurenberg. It seems they have about three hours in Dresden and she is looking for some ideas on what to see while there .( the girls have undertaken a project on different aspects of Berlin so it seems covered)
I made a day trip there myself from Berlin a few years ago so only have limited knowledge.
My thoughts were that perhaps they could do a walking tour ( with a local guide) to touch on a few main sights- eg Hofkirche, Zinger, Opera, Alstadt and the large wall mural - that are reasonably close together and also not far from the river- perhaps with lunch near the river or Alstadt.
Please let me know whether you think this is a useful starting point. Are there other sights more engaging for the students? ( thought about the Rubble Lady statue but can't recall its location in relation to other sights) . Any recommendations for informal dining.
Any insights or suggestions would be appreciated
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ok then, what trip was difficult to organize?
- 2 Caution picking car from Europcar at Stazione Termini
- 3 Driving through Paris
- 4 Barcelona - Safety/Language/Trip Ideas
- 5 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 6 Hotels in Seville and Cordoba
- 7 Long weekend in Albania
- 8 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 9 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 10 Planning A trip
- 11 To the top of Europe, and back again.
- 12 Question about Loire Valley châteaux
- 13 Paging @bobthenavigator and others for Amalfi Coast accommodation advice
- 14 hill of crosses
- 15 A week in the Occitanie
- 16 Munich and....???
- 17 Iceland March Itinerary
- 18 Itinerary input for trip to Spain and France
- 19 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 20 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 21 Scotland in 18 nights, smirr and sun and mud!
- 22 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 23 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 24 Norway Outside the Nutshell
- 25 Just the wine list please and Daisy came too.
Two Teachers, Fifteen Teenagers and Three hours in Dresden