My sister-in- law and a colleague are are taking about 15 Australian teenage girls on a school trip to Germany in November/ December 2015. This is part of a regular exchange with a school in Bavaria.
This year, after their two week homestay, they will travel to Berlin before returning to Nurenberg. It seems they have about three hours in Dresden and she is looking for some ideas on what to see while there .( the girls have undertaken a project on different aspects of Berlin so it seems covered)
I made a day trip there myself from Berlin a few years ago so only have limited knowledge.
My thoughts were that perhaps they could do a walking tour ( with a local guide) to touch on a few main sights- eg Hofkirche, Zinger, Opera, Alstadt and the large wall mural - that are reasonably close together and also not far from the river- perhaps with lunch near the river or Alstadt.
Please let me know whether you think this is a useful starting point. Are there other sights more engaging for the students? ( thought about the Rubble Lady statue but can't recall its location in relation to other sights) . Any recommendations for informal dining.
Any insights or suggestions would be appreciated
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Renting a car in Greece
- 2 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 3 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 4 Does anyone have experience with Lipault luggage?
- 5 renting a car in greece
- 6 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 7 Taking Renfe's FAVA Train Across Northern Spain?
- 8 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 9 Booking Irish Rail ticket
- 10 From Biarritz to Paris- 2 extra nights
- 11 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 12 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 13 Drive from Montepulciano to Cinque Terre
- 14 retruning to US with souveniers
- 15 Is there a forum just for Paris?
- 16 Is Sicily and Pompeii in 4 days worth it?
- 17 First steps for Russian trip planning
- 18 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 19 stopover between antequerra and granada?
- 20 Driving Prague to Zurich to Amsterdam w/ 2 toddlers
- 21 Ireland and Scotland September 2017
- 22 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 23 Help on ancient history route
- 24 Verona to/around Lake Garda: Sights
- 25 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
Two Teachers, Fifteen Teenagers and Three hours in Dresden