My sister-in- law and a colleague are are taking about 15 Australian teenage girls on a school trip to Germany in November/ December 2015. This is part of a regular exchange with a school in Bavaria.
This year, after their two week homestay, they will travel to Berlin before returning to Nurenberg. It seems they have about three hours in Dresden and she is looking for some ideas on what to see while there .( the girls have undertaken a project on different aspects of Berlin so it seems covered)
I made a day trip there myself from Berlin a few years ago so only have limited knowledge.
My thoughts were that perhaps they could do a walking tour ( with a local guide) to touch on a few main sights- eg Hofkirche, Zinger, Opera, Alstadt and the large wall mural - that are reasonably close together and also not far from the river- perhaps with lunch near the river or Alstadt.
Please let me know whether you think this is a useful starting point. Are there other sights more engaging for the students? ( thought about the Rubble Lady statue but can't recall its location in relation to other sights) . Any recommendations for informal dining.
Any insights or suggestions would be appreciated
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 경마왕 ● 연결 :≫zkk47.com≪
- 2 Best GBP 250 Per Night London Hotel
- 3 경마결과 ◐ 도메인 :≫zkk47.com≪
- 4 두바이경마 ● 연결 :≫zkk47.com≪
- 5 Help with Transportation Options in London
- 6 After the Cinque Terre and before Genoa
- 7 Paris to Rothenburg ob der Tauber to Basel (Switzerland)
- 8 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 9 Self Drive French Canal Barge
- 10 Our Roman Holiday - 8 nights in the Eternal City
- 11 London 7 Day Paper Travelcard clarification
- 12 Best of Norway
- 13 Spain: 16-17 day itinerary help please
- 14 National Parks close to Malgrat de Mar or Barcelona recommendations
- 15 2-4-1 / the best way to use this facility ...
- 16 Update on Bob the Navigator
- 17 Nowhere 'safe' : London attack
- 18 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
- 19 Place to stay
- 20 CROATIA, SLOVENIA 16 days itinerary help
- 21 Kitchenette in hotel room?
- 22 to get to the Rijks Museum from Schiphol - bus or train
- 23 London advice
- 24 Eating in Italy with food allergies
- 25 Another Question re Scotland
Two Teachers, Fifteen Teenagers and Three hours in Dresden