My sister-in- law and a colleague are are taking about 15 Australian teenage girls on a school trip to Germany in November/ December 2015. This is part of a regular exchange with a school in Bavaria.
This year, after their two week homestay, they will travel to Berlin before returning to Nurenberg. It seems they have about three hours in Dresden and she is looking for some ideas on what to see while there .( the girls have undertaken a project on different aspects of Berlin so it seems covered)
I made a day trip there myself from Berlin a few years ago so only have limited knowledge.
My thoughts were that perhaps they could do a walking tour ( with a local guide) to touch on a few main sights- eg Hofkirche, Zinger, Opera, Alstadt and the large wall mural - that are reasonably close together and also not far from the river- perhaps with lunch near the river or Alstadt.
Please let me know whether you think this is a useful starting point. Are there other sights more engaging for the students? ( thought about the Rubble Lady statue but can't recall its location in relation to other sights) . Any recommendations for informal dining.
Any insights or suggestions would be appreciated
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Is Dalamatian Coast similar to Amalfi Coast in terms of travel logistics?
- 2 ATM help
- 3 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 4 ATM
- 5 One evening : Lausanne or Geneve ?
- 6 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #185
- 7 Allocating time in Barcelona - Gaudi tickets
- 8 Paris..The St. Germain area.
- 9 Train from Paris to Reims for day trip
- 10 First Timers Traveling to Italy - Help!
- 11 Spain Itinerary
- 12 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 13 No PNR code on Trenitalia online ticket?
- 14 Mobile wifi for Europe travel
- 15 8-days in Greece, Rhodes or Crete?
- 16 Five Days With Rabbies in Devon and Cornwall
- 17 Driving Bruges to Paris. Is it worth the drive?
- 18 Paris Restaurants esp in Marais
- 19 Help with Scotland Itinerary
- 20 Madrid and Andalucia Itinerary and Travel Advice
- 21 itinerary recommendation 6 nights Spain (Barcelona/Madrid)
- 22 Paris: Museums, food and wine -- May 2017
- 23 Scotland at Christmas itinerary
- 24 International drivers permit
- 25 Advice on 1 day trip to Black Forest
Two Teachers, Fifteen Teenagers and Three hours in Dresden