We are flying to Italy this May on frequent flyer miles, and because of some restrictions, we are staying 2 days longer than originally planned. We are flying into Venice and will spend our first 3 days there. Then we plant to spend the last part of our trip in Rome, where we fly out of, but I was thinking we might go somewhere else in between. We've been to Florence and it wasnt really our thing. Any ideas where to spend a couple of nights that wouldn't be too hard to get to from florence and too hard to get to rome from? Or maybe we would be better off going straight to Rome and spending a couple days somewhere else and heading back to Rome to fly home?
Two extra days in Italy - where to go!?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Greece trip report - winter in the center - Epirus, Pelion etc
- 2 3 weeks in December in Europe, need help with itinerary
- 3 Rethymnon vs. Chania in early October?
- 4 Arc de Triumph Question
- 5 Venice - visiting the Arsenal.
- 6 Geneva - Basel driver/tour/transfer
- 7 Berner Oberland for 3 days over Thanksgiving
- 8 Normandy, Brittany and Loire Valley in May - please help with itinerary
- 9 Tipping in Turkey ...and Europe
- 10 Printing Paris Bus Routes --Kerouac, others?
- 11 Tivoli Gardens - any special place for birthday dinner
- 12 London & Cotswold or Prague & Amsterdam
- 13 What to wear
- 14 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 15 Art Deco architecture along the English Channel
- 16 Paris November 2014
- 17 Nice, Avignon, St Remy and Toulouse trip report.
- 18 travel from Edinburgh to Paris
- 19 Connecting with forum locals in Paris
- 20 Traveling in France by train
- 21 Which lake to visit in Italy
- 22 CRETE - Rethymnon area or Chania area ??
- 23 3 night stopover in Iceland - need suggestions
- 24 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 25 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)