We are flying to Italy this May on frequent flyer miles, and because of some restrictions, we are staying 2 days longer than originally planned. We are flying into Venice and will spend our first 3 days there. Then we plant to spend the last part of our trip in Rome, where we fly out of, but I was thinking we might go somewhere else in between. We've been to Florence and it wasnt really our thing. Any ideas where to spend a couple of nights that wouldn't be too hard to get to from florence and too hard to get to rome from? Or maybe we would be better off going straight to Rome and spending a couple days somewhere else and heading back to Rome to fly home?
Two extra days in Italy - where to go!?
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Italian Lakes gardens
- 2 Is there a best time of day to visit the Alhambra?
- 3 Walking shoes for London and Paris
- 4 Greek islands from Turkey
- 5 Budget (or at least Somewhat Inexpensive) Lodging in Bologna
- 6 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 7 15 Day Europe Trip - Mix of rail and car.. Cost ineffective?
- 8 Chambermaid tipping
- 9 TGV and Provence questions
- 10 Novels set in Greece
- 11 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 12 To Paris and Provence in June
- 13 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 14 Bavarian Honeymoon Suggestions
- 15 USING THE METRO FROM AEROPORT CDG 2 TGV TO Place d'Italie
- 16 More help with housing in Puglia
- 17 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 18 Euro Train
- 19 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 20 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 21 Rome Accommodation
- 22 Weekend in Lake Bled?
- 23 Travel from Prague to Basel
- 24 Driving Slovenia & Noerthern Croatia
- 25 Advice on relocating to Italy?