We are flying to Italy this May on frequent flyer miles, and because of some restrictions, we are staying 2 days longer than originally planned. We are flying into Venice and will spend our first 3 days there. Then we plant to spend the last part of our trip in Rome, where we fly out of, but I was thinking we might go somewhere else in between. We've been to Florence and it wasnt really our thing. Any ideas where to spend a couple of nights that wouldn't be too hard to get to from florence and too hard to get to rome from? Or maybe we would be better off going straight to Rome and spending a couple days somewhere else and heading back to Rome to fly home?
Two extra days in Italy - where to go!?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 2 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 3 OUR BIG ADVENTURE...2 WEEKS and counting
- 4 Online hotel reservation sites reliable?
- 5 TGV from Charles de Gaulle airport to Avignon
- 6 best beaches on the costa del sol
- 7 Travel with Teens
- 8 Location and amenities in Edinburgh, Scotland
- 9 Vatican - Wednesday General Audience
- 10 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 11 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 12 Snowboarding in Poland
- 13 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip
- 14 Month Itinerary England, France, Germany, Italy does this work?
- 15 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 16 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 17 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 18 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 19 One Week in Costa del Sol with a rental car. Ideas for Day Trips???
- 20 15-days in Turkey with 15-month old, Istanbul and..?
- 21 Netherlands holiday with a 2.5 year old
- 22 Finding a hotel/resort on the Costa del Sol with an indoor pool
- 23 Barcelona and Costa del Sol
- 24 Paris Restaurants in the 7th
- 25 Rue Montorgueil or 7th?