I have an upcoming trip to Europe and will be landing in Geneva Switzerland on Sat April 25th at 7:30 am and have to be in Grenoble France on Monday April 27th by noon.
I have spent a weekend in Geneve on a prior trip so would like to explore some other plac e in Switzerland. Initially was thinking of either Bern, or Veveaux/Montreaux, and read Rick Steve's Best of Europe and he recommends Gimmelwald and the Berner Oberland.
I like a mix of architechture/culture, good food with some walking/hiking/enjoying nature. (if there are some activities even better, guided walks, rafting etc).
Wanted opinions on
1. Places you would recommend I spend the two days in and itinerary of things to do
2. Best ways for transportation from GVA and back to Grenoble.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cotswolds, UK -10 days - end of May'17 move or central base
- 2 Helps!! 8days Switzerland ittinerary...
- 3 Inverness to Isle of Lewis
- 4 Venice
- 5 Day in Madrid
- 6 Aix-- looking for a few obscure ideas
- 7 20 Days in Greece Itinerary Vetting
- 8 Where to Begin If You're Ending in Amsterdam
- 9 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 10 Le Marche Research Help
- 11 charming cities in Spain
- 12 Sketchy Neighborhoods Naples?
- 13 Rental car in Menton
- 14 Budapest, Vienna, Salzburg, Munich
- 15 Planning a trip to Florence, Italy
- 16 Paris or Edinburgh - 3 days which to choose?
- 17 Naxos experts - pros and cons of Kymata vs. Agios Prokopios Hotel
- 18 7 days in Greece
- 19 Driving (hire car) in Paris, France, Belgium
- 20 8 days in Spain.. mostly Barcelona, where else should we go
- 21 Help with Off Exploring blog
- 22 Itinerary Help for Portugal
- 23 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 24 Paris cooking classes
- 25 Canal du Midi