I have an upcoming trip to Europe and will be landing in Geneva Switzerland on Sat April 25th at 7:30 am and have to be in Grenoble France on Monday April 27th by noon.
I have spent a weekend in Geneve on a prior trip so would like to explore some other plac e in Switzerland. Initially was thinking of either Bern, or Veveaux/Montreaux, and read Rick Steve's Best of Europe and he recommends Gimmelwald and the Berner Oberland.
I like a mix of architechture/culture, good food with some walking/hiking/enjoying nature. (if there are some activities even better, guided walks, rafting etc).
Wanted opinions on
1. Places you would recommend I spend the two days in and itinerary of things to do
2. Best ways for transportation from GVA and back to Grenoble.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 2 Madrid, Andalusia and possibly Tangiers
- 3 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 4 Best Viking Sites
- 5 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 6 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 7 Paris advice with kids
- 8 Capri is for vacationing, la Dordogne is for living
- 9 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 10 tickets for Wimbledon
- 11 Drive from Montepulciano to Cinque Terre
- 12 Chania
- 13 Iceland car rental agencies
- 14 Paris hotel
- 15 Train transfer questions and safety - France/NL/Belgium/UK
- 16 Schlipol Airport/Amsterdam/question
- 17 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 18 Ex-pats with young kids
- 19 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 20 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 21 Dolomites Sept 2017 express bus schedules
- 22 Please help with Carry-on Question--CDG!
- 23 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 24 Airport Transfer Vienna
- 25 Top Tapas Tascas