I have an upcoming trip to Europe and will be landing in Geneva Switzerland on Sat April 25th at 7:30 am and have to be in Grenoble France on Monday April 27th by noon.
I have spent a weekend in Geneve on a prior trip so would like to explore some other plac e in Switzerland. Initially was thinking of either Bern, or Veveaux/Montreaux, and read Rick Steve's Best of Europe and he recommends Gimmelwald and the Berner Oberland.
I like a mix of architechture/culture, good food with some walking/hiking/enjoying nature. (if there are some activities even better, guided walks, rafting etc).
Wanted opinions on
1. Places you would recommend I spend the two days in and itinerary of things to do
2. Best ways for transportation from GVA and back to Grenoble.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 2 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 3 Hotels in Seville and Cordoba
- 4 Ok then, what trip was difficult to organize?
- 5 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 6 Advice needed for family trip to Belgium and Germany
- 7 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 8 Car rental Malaga to Seville
- 9 Question about Loire Valley châteaux
- 10 Train Through Spain
- 11 Destination ideas for 88 year old
- 12 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 13 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 14 Italy June 6-16
- 15 What is your favorite Greek Island?
- 16 Help with Algarve resort/ driver and excursions for big family trip?
- 17 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 18 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 19 hill of crosses
- 20 Planning A trip
- 21 Northern Italy in 2 Weeks?
- 22 Solo accommodation -- London -- Dec 19-ish
- 23 Barcelona - Safety/Language/Trip Ideas
- 24 Itinerary for European trip with 18 year old son
- 25 Paging @bobthenavigator and others for Amalfi Coast accommodation advice