We recently took a Bucket List trip to Florence & rural Tuscany. Seasoned travelers, we'd never "done" a tour, preferring to travel independently & plan our own. This tour was appealing for a few reasons-very small group (14, max), very knowledgeable and very nice owners (Pam Mercer & hibby, Sam Hilt) who give a personal touch, getting people from Point A to B in rural settings when you'd rather enjoy the scenery & wine than read road maps, & excursions to places you'd never find on your own (ie- tour & 4 course lunch @ small vineyard, ditto @ a lovely old castle turned B&B). The trip was an 11 on a scale of 1-10. I have no affiliation with them, except that they're new found friends now! Check out their website. I wrote a Trip Report elsewhere on these Fodors forums.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Story of the German Christmas star
- 2 How to decide where to go in Europe
- 3 Northern Italy Itinerary Help
- 4 Greece or Portugal for 3-4 week fall sojourn?
- 5 Best Area to Stay in Amsterdam
- 6 Best Location for Car Pickup in Naples
- 7 Solo, inexperienced traveler struggling w/ logistics
- 8 8 Days in Switzerland for the non skier
- 9 Help with itinerary for girls trip to Swizterland
- 10 Italy dolomites
- 11 Brisighella or Castelvetro di Modena Lodgings in Emilia Romagna
- 12 Greece and Italy in 20 days
- 13 Scuol, Switzerland
- 14 Airport ATMs
- 15 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 16 Euro Trivia Quiz #16
- 17 5 Observations About Paris
- 18 Euro Trivia quiz #15 - Famous Folks and Places
- 19 Brittany France 2014 - Trip Report
- 20 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 21 Hotels in Toulouse & Montpellier
- 22 Switzerland help...?
- 23 Have ten days to visit Munich, Salzburg and Switzerland
- 24 Italy 2015: making the internal plans
- 25 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??