We recently took a Bucket List trip to Florence & rural Tuscany. Seasoned travelers, we'd never "done" a tour, preferring to travel independently & plan our own. This tour was appealing for a few reasons-very small group (14, max), very knowledgeable and very nice owners (Pam Mercer & hibby, Sam Hilt) who give a personal touch, getting people from Point A to B in rural settings when you'd rather enjoy the scenery & wine than read road maps, & excursions to places you'd never find on your own (ie- tour & 4 course lunch @ small vineyard, ditto @ a lovely old castle turned B&B). The trip was an 11 on a scale of 1-10. I have no affiliation with them, except that they're new found friends now! Check out their website. I wrote a Trip Report elsewhere on these Fodors forums.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Are we likely to encounter Dynamic Currency Conversion in Andalucia?
- 2 Travelling two weeks in London, Ireland and Scotland.
- 3 Cordoba -- What to do on a Monday?
- 4 England/Scotland Itinerary
- 5 People acting out Paris Metro Names
- 6 Dordogne and Paris - April/May 2013
- 7 Toulouse and beyond -
- 8 Restaurant with a view - Florence
- 9 Parking Car in Amsterdam - Need Advice
- 10 getting on highway from Avignon TVG Europcar rental place
- 11 Naples - Hotel to stay for 2 nites
- 12 NATIONAL PARKS IN CROATIA (PLITVICE & KRKA)
- 13 recommendations for budget hotels - West End, Covent Garden, Bloomsbury
- 14 French embassy schengen visa related questions
- 15 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip
- 16 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 17 Munich with a car?
- 18 Printing Paris Bus Routes --Kerouac, others?
- 19 Any exciting towns South of Rome, Italy
- 20 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 21 Rue Montorgueil or 7th?
- 22 Soccer/futbol in Madrid
- 23 Reims for a day
- 24 Apartment and Area to Stay in Istanbul
- 25 day trip to Lake Como from Milan