We recently took a Bucket List trip to Florence & rural Tuscany. Seasoned travelers, we'd never "done" a tour, preferring to travel independently & plan our own. This tour was appealing for a few reasons-very small group (14, max), very knowledgeable and very nice owners (Pam Mercer & hibby, Sam Hilt) who give a personal touch, getting people from Point A to B in rural settings when you'd rather enjoy the scenery & wine than read road maps, & excursions to places you'd never find on your own (ie- tour & 4 course lunch @ small vineyard, ditto @ a lovely old castle turned B&B). The trip was an 11 on a scale of 1-10. I have no affiliation with them, except that they're new found friends now! Check out their website. I wrote a Trip Report elsewhere on these Fodors forums.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Alternatives to Heathrow hotels?
- 2 Augsburg with kids
- 3 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 4 May trip to the islands
- 5 How far in advance should I book my car rentals ?
- 6 Are we likely to encounter Dynamic Currency Conversion in Andalucia?
- 7 Spontaneous trip to Ireland
- 8 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Le Marche and the Dolomites
- 9 Three days in Spain
- 10 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 11 Venice hotel selection
- 12 Italy Apartment What To Bring
- 13 Easter week/ Semana Santa in Avila, Toledo, Segovia
- 14 Any suggestions for accomodations in Venice Italy mid June?
- 15 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 16 Paris in April?
- 17 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 18 RFID wallets do they really work?
- 19 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 20 Killing time in Positano without shopping or beachtime
- 21 Cordoba -- What to do on a Monday?
- 22 4 night stay for 5 in interlaken
- 23 France Itinerary for 2 months: Please critique and advise!
- 24 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 25 He said , she said