We recently took a Bucket List trip to Florence & rural Tuscany. Seasoned travelers, we'd never "done" a tour, preferring to travel independently & plan our own. This tour was appealing for a few reasons-very small group (14, max), very knowledgeable and very nice owners (Pam Mercer & hibby, Sam Hilt) who give a personal touch, getting people from Point A to B in rural settings when you'd rather enjoy the scenery & wine than read road maps, & excursions to places you'd never find on your own (ie- tour & 4 course lunch @ small vineyard, ditto @ a lovely old castle turned B&B). The trip was an 11 on a scale of 1-10. I have no affiliation with them, except that they're new found friends now! Check out their website. I wrote a Trip Report elsewhere on these Fodors forums.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Chip but no PIN
- 2 Italy and France in 20 Days
- 3 Stay near Paris
- 4 Madrid Tapas Tour
- 5 Italy/France 22 day Itinerary - Help
- 6 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 7 London Tube strike scheduled for Apr 28 (2 days) and May 5 (3 days). Help!
- 8 Oktoberfest reservations
- 9 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 10 Trip to Italy with teenagers
- 11 Eurostar booking
- 12 Questions for my German friends
- 13 Almost 3 weeks in Sicily in March
- 14 Greece--Crete or Peloponnis?
- 15 Day trip to Rothenberg from Munich
- 16 Good neighborhood to stay in Porto
- 17 How to get from Charles de Gaulle Airport to Gare du Nord?
- 18 Flying into Barcelona and have 5 days to go where?
- 19 What to wear
- 20 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 21 italy
- 22 Duoro Valley lodging for 3 in June
- 23 3 AM Arrival in Santorini OK?
- 24 Cooking classes in Belgium
- 25 Advance Tickest from Piraeus to Islands?