We recently took a Bucket List trip to Florence & rural Tuscany. Seasoned travelers, we'd never "done" a tour, preferring to travel independently & plan our own. This tour was appealing for a few reasons-very small group (14, max), very knowledgeable and very nice owners (Pam Mercer & hibby, Sam Hilt) who give a personal touch, getting people from Point A to B in rural settings when you'd rather enjoy the scenery & wine than read road maps, & excursions to places you'd never find on your own (ie- tour & 4 course lunch @ small vineyard, ditto @ a lovely old castle turned B&B). The trip was an 11 on a scale of 1-10. I have no affiliation with them, except that they're new found friends now! Check out their website. I wrote a Trip Report elsewhere on these Fodors forums.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Madrid hotel near Atocha Station
- 2 Looking for 5* Beach Resort
- 3 venice, italy
- 4 Rocamaxour
- 5 Summer Interrupted; Christmas in Germany & Switzerland
- 6 construction near Shangri-La Paris or Le Royal Monceau Paris?
- 7 Practicing Spanish while in Spain - any ideas?
- 8 Free family pass for kids with Berner Oberland Pass?
- 9 Umbria - planning for 3 or 4 days in April
- 10 Home Base in Belgium
- 11 Greece after the Vote
- 12 April in Madrid
- 13 Euro Travel Quiz - Places Reeking of History
- 14 Big and little towns of Europe
- 15 Winter in europe - am I being too ambitious?
- 16 Innsbruck and surroundings
- 17 Navigo Decouverte
- 18 I finally have my Scotland trip all booked.
- 19 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 20 Trip Report -- Spain and Portugal, 2014
- 21 What cities in Poland have you visited?
- 22 Quiet beach town in Italy?
- 23 Gastehaus Alpenkranz
- 24 Up coming strikes at Spanish airports 2015
- 25 Which Florence hotel?