We recently took a Bucket List trip to Florence & rural Tuscany. Seasoned travelers, we'd never "done" a tour, preferring to travel independently & plan our own. This tour was appealing for a few reasons-very small group (14, max), very knowledgeable and very nice owners (Pam Mercer & hibby, Sam Hilt) who give a personal touch, getting people from Point A to B in rural settings when you'd rather enjoy the scenery & wine than read road maps, & excursions to places you'd never find on your own (ie- tour & 4 course lunch @ small vineyard, ditto @ a lovely old castle turned B&B). The trip was an 11 on a scale of 1-10. I have no affiliation with them, except that they're new found friends now! Check out their website. I wrote a Trip Report elsewhere on these Fodors forums.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Best luggage for a 7 week trip
- 2 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 3 Amsterdam safety concerns - red light district?
- 4 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 5 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 6 Which Northern Germany international airport?
- 7 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 8 Dresden or Leipzig
- 9 Zurich to Basel transfer
- 10 Why don't the French use shower curtains
- 11 flights from San Francisco to Germany
- 12 Eiffel tower tickets
- 13 4-6 weeks
- 14 Which European Countries Speak the Most English?
- 15 Help With Vienna
- 16 Help with Tuscany for a week late May/early June
- 17 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 18 Five Days With Rabbies in Devon and Cornwall
- 19 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 20 London, Paris, Rome Trip Report
- 21 Barcelona and/or ??? with another family
- 22 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 23 Venice Banning Fodors
- 24 Iceland with kids - purchase a 'self-drive' package or DIY?
- 25 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11