We will be traveling to Italy next summer (2014) for a family reunion, departing New York City. The trip will be about 17 nights and we are locked in to the first week in Tuscany/Florence. After that my wife and I splinter off on our own. We are planning to stay in two locations: Rome and Positano. But in what order? Which mode of transportation between places? Rented car, train, ferry? (Comfort and ease of connection is important to us.) We have not booked our flights yet, though there is a good chance it may actually be less expensive to fly to Rome and catch a second flight to Florence when we arrive. Any thoughts as to any of these issues would be greatly appreciated. Including, which city to fly home from, and where to from Florence - Rome first, or Positano? Again many thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris Perfect: Which Apt for Honeymoon?
- 2 A trip into the neonatal ward of Western civilization
- 3 Your favourite places in Bath
- 4 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 5 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 6 Paris French Language School - Help me decide:
- 7 Vicenza and Padua (Palladian villas) without a car
- 8 Shipping Prosecco
- 9 Venice Day Trip--Leave on 7:30 pm or midnight train back to Bologna?
- 10 First cut at Andalusia itinerary 15 nights
- 11 Europe Tour with Kids
- 12 Italy - Month of July
- 13 What do you think of this Paris apartment rental?
- 14 Ways to travel from Venice to Bologna
- 15 Suggestions for places to stay on Madeira, but not Funchal? And driving?
- 16 December vacation help, 2 weeks - southern Italy or Spain or other?
- 17 Have you recently visited Copenhagen?
- 18 Italy and Croatia
- 19 Venice: Vene, Vidi, but not even close to Vici
- 20 Lakes District UK
- 21 Kimhe--flamenco
- 22 Sicily in May 2015 Itinerary Question
- 23 My experiences in Sevilla, Cordoba, Granada, Madrid, Segovia & Toledo
- 24 Life Jackets on Gondolas in Venice?
- 25 Italy 14 days