We will be traveling to Italy next summer (2014) for a family reunion, departing New York City. The trip will be about 17 nights and we are locked in to the first week in Tuscany/Florence. After that my wife and I splinter off on our own. We are planning to stay in two locations: Rome and Positano. But in what order? Which mode of transportation between places? Rented car, train, ferry? (Comfort and ease of connection is important to us.) We have not booked our flights yet, though there is a good chance it may actually be less expensive to fly to Rome and catch a second flight to Florence when we arrive. Any thoughts as to any of these issues would be greatly appreciated. Including, which city to fly home from, and where to from Florence - Rome first, or Positano? Again many thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 RFID wallets do they really work?
- 2 Augsburg with kids
- 3 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 4 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 5 He said , she said
- 6 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 7 Recommendation for lovely italian town?
- 8 Italy Apartment What To Bring
- 9 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 10 4 night stay for 5 in interlaken
- 11 Pix from Dresden Trip
- 12 Italy Roma Card, Florence Card Recommended? Train Pass?
- 13 Killing time in Positano without shopping or beachtime
- 14 Are we likely to encounter Dynamic Currency Conversion in Andalucia?
- 15 Sardinia 5 - 7 night, first time in March please help
- 16 How far in advance should I book my car rentals ?
- 17 Alternatives to Heathrow hotels?
- 18 Le Grand Depart and Yorkshire Festival
- 19 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 20 Dordogne and Paris - April/May 2013
- 21 Amalfi (town) to Pompeii (ruins entrance-luggage storage area)
- 22 Need packing help! What to wear daytime sightseeing in Europe...
- 23 Apartment and Area to Stay in Istanbul
- 24 Toulouse and beyond -
- 25 Soccer/futbol in Madrid