We will be traveling to Italy next summer (2014) for a family reunion, departing New York City. The trip will be about 17 nights and we are locked in to the first week in Tuscany/Florence. After that my wife and I splinter off on our own. We are planning to stay in two locations: Rome and Positano. But in what order? Which mode of transportation between places? Rented car, train, ferry? (Comfort and ease of connection is important to us.) We have not booked our flights yet, though there is a good chance it may actually be less expensive to fly to Rome and catch a second flight to Florence when we arrive. Any thoughts as to any of these issues would be greatly appreciated. Including, which city to fly home from, and where to from Florence - Rome first, or Positano? Again many thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ski to Verbier and Courmayeur, is it possible without a car?
- 2 Air France strike
- 3 Exchanging Large Euro Notes(Currency) in Ireland
- 4 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 5 Netflix has expanded to 6 new countries today.
- 6 Mr & Mrs Annhig go bummelling round Germany.
- 7 Non-drinking night activities in Barcelona?
- 8 Where to buy French pashmina scarves on line?
- 9 French 2015 summer school vacation
- 10 Europe in winter
- 11 Best day trips from Paris
- 12 Oxford or Cambridge?
- 13 Travel insurance, interruption or cancelation?
- 14 Bodrum to instanbul
- 15 2 weeks on Lake Maggiore
- 16 Spain - looking for a historic town and beach town
- 17 URGENT HELP- Traveling soon for Croatia, B & H, Slovenia, Montenegro
- 18 Questions About Croatia
- 19 Croatia and Venice "good value" restaurants; getting to/from Plitvice lakes
- 20 Scottish Passport
- 21 Hurtigruten Cruise excursions alternatives, coast of Norway
- 22 Croatia Final Stop--Zagreb, Split, Dubrovnik?
- 23 The honest Italian tale of the laughs, the panics and the awe
- 24 BEST OF FRANCE ROAD TRIP IN 30 DAYS- MAY 15
- 25 Paris to Chantilly transportation question