We will be traveling to Italy next summer (2014) for a family reunion, departing New York City. The trip will be about 17 nights and we are locked in to the first week in Tuscany/Florence. After that my wife and I splinter off on our own. We are planning to stay in two locations: Rome and Positano. But in what order? Which mode of transportation between places? Rented car, train, ferry? (Comfort and ease of connection is important to us.) We have not booked our flights yet, though there is a good chance it may actually be less expensive to fly to Rome and catch a second flight to Florence when we arrive. Any thoughts as to any of these issues would be greatly appreciated. Including, which city to fly home from, and where to from Florence - Rome first, or Positano? Again many thanks in advance.
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Turkey Experts: Need Itinerary help - mostly with order of trip
- 2 Trip around Spain
- 3 Backpacking Europe beginners questions!
- 4 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 5 Spain - Andalucia
- 6 Crete - trip report - 3 weeks May 2013, a great and surprising trip!
- 7 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 8 Weekend in Lake Bled?
- 9 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 10 Scotland this summer - some initial planning questions
- 11 New to Fodors: Please help with beginning stages of husband/wife trip
- 12 5 days in Granada - Seville?
- 13 Travelling from Venice to the Cinque Terre towns.
- 14 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 15 One more last question on Bayeux
- 16 My first visit to Ireland, next year.
- 17 Medieval Tallinn
- 18 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 19 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 20 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 21 Revised itinerary needs approval
- 22 Euro Train
- 23 20 day Backpacking Trip
- 24 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 25 Italian language schools