We will be traveling to Italy next summer (2014) for a family reunion, departing New York City. The trip will be about 17 nights and we are locked in to the first week in Tuscany/Florence. After that my wife and I splinter off on our own. We are planning to stay in two locations: Rome and Positano. But in what order? Which mode of transportation between places? Rented car, train, ferry? (Comfort and ease of connection is important to us.) We have not booked our flights yet, though there is a good chance it may actually be less expensive to fly to Rome and catch a second flight to Florence when we arrive. Any thoughts as to any of these issues would be greatly appreciated. Including, which city to fly home from, and where to from Florence - Rome first, or Positano? Again many thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 All Set To Go!!
- 2 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 3 Charles de Gaulle to Gare du Nord with limitations?
- 4 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 5 16 Nights in Canary Islands & Spain
- 6 Story of the German Christmas star
- 7 29 day Itinerary for southern and eastern France
- 8 Siena - Pienza - Montepulciano
- 9 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 10 Three ferries to Mull
- 11 Driving from Portree to Torridon
- 12 They Just Don't Read or Listen about DCC Scam
- 13 Annecy city-center, long-and-short term parking, 24-hour access.
- 14 Transportation from Athens Airport to Syntagma
- 15 Airport ATMs
- 16 driving in france with kids
- 17 Southern Spain
- 18 Glasgow - Scotland sans shorbread, bagpipes and kilts.
- 19 Paris-Loire-Avignon-Barcelona itinerary (help)
- 20 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 21 Trenitalia - What am I missing ??
- 22 Europe Sojurn on Way to India - Paris..PLUS
- 23 Driving an RV in Switzerland
- 24 Dordogne or Nantes and La Rochelle
- 25 Another Walks of Italy question. Vatican tours. Have you taken one?