We will be traveling to Italy next summer (2014) for a family reunion, departing New York City. The trip will be about 17 nights and we are locked in to the first week in Tuscany/Florence. After that my wife and I splinter off on our own. We are planning to stay in two locations: Rome and Positano. But in what order? Which mode of transportation between places? Rented car, train, ferry? (Comfort and ease of connection is important to us.) We have not booked our flights yet, though there is a good chance it may actually be less expensive to fly to Rome and catch a second flight to Florence when we arrive. Any thoughts as to any of these issues would be greatly appreciated. Including, which city to fly home from, and where to from Florence - Rome first, or Positano? Again many thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Does cinque terre merit three days
- 2 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 3 England and Scotland
- 4 London, Paris, Rome Trip Report
- 5 Iceland: How to Split Up 7 Days self-drive
- 6 No Starbucks in Italy?
- 7 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 8 Budapest to Berlin by Train - Tickets on DB BAHN not available for 05 Jan
- 9 Air pollution in Paris
- 10 Switzerland to Ban Eating Cats and Dogs?
- 11 Euro Quiz #3 - Europe's Ten Biggest Castles...
- 12 Euro Geography Quiz #2 - How Well Do You Know Europe?
- 13 connecting flight to marseille or not
- 14 rent phone and 3g wifi
- 15 San Marino - The world's smallest country
- 16 Beaune to Chamonix to Paris---driving/train?
- 17 France, Italy and Greec
- 18 Learning Polish: "No, you can't have my cat"
- 19 Frustrated! 1st trip to PARIS & France in JULY: Need Cheery HELP!
- 20 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 21 Avignon to Bordeaux by Train
- 22 Transfer from Linate to Bellagio
- 23 What to do during Christmas in Paris?
- 24 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 25 Naxos in May