We will be traveling to Italy next summer (2014) for a family reunion, departing New York City. The trip will be about 17 nights and we are locked in to the first week in Tuscany/Florence. After that my wife and I splinter off on our own. We are planning to stay in two locations: Rome and Positano. But in what order? Which mode of transportation between places? Rented car, train, ferry? (Comfort and ease of connection is important to us.) We have not booked our flights yet, though there is a good chance it may actually be less expensive to fly to Rome and catch a second flight to Florence when we arrive. Any thoughts as to any of these issues would be greatly appreciated. Including, which city to fly home from, and where to from Florence - Rome first, or Positano? Again many thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help! Aegean Airlines booking info & baggage
- 2 Bergen + NIN + Hardangerfjord + what? Four days in June
- 3 Venice, April 2014. Some thoughts ...
- 4 SIM card for eastern europe
- 5 Normandy, Brittany and Loire Valley in May - please help with itinerary
- 6 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 7 What to wear
- 8 Suggestions for Santorini itinerary, need change??
- 9 Driving to Paris... Parking?
- 10 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 11 Tipping in Turkey ...and Europe
- 12 Paris Perfect: change of apartment
- 13 How much will a budget to Europe be for 2 months?
- 14 Day trip to Rothenberg from Munich
- 15 Tuscany with 13 and 19 year old girls
- 16 Shoes for Paris in April
- 17 DOURO RIVER CRUISE - 1 DAY - PORTO-PINHAO-PORTO
- 18 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?
- 19 Oh to be in England now that Spring is there - a walk in the Dales
- 20 Otherchelebi Can you Help Me?
- 21 21 Days in Central Europe
- 22 Italy and France in 20 Days
- 23 London visit
- 24 Need help making VIP seat reservations on Golden Pass train
- 25 I Go to Pieces — An Italy Trip Report