Myself and a friend – both 30 years old, female are planning a trip to Italy in September/October. We would like to visit a couple of cities and towns and spend a few days walking through the Tuscan countryside. We would really appreciate any help or guidance anyone could give us.
We plan to fly into Pisa and would like to travel by train (rather than bus as one of us gets travel sick) as much as possible (short bus journeys are fine). Neither of us want to drive – I know people will say it is better to drive but we are not going to drive, this is a definite!!
We are considering flying to Pisa to Florence (1/2nights) , Siena (1 night) and walking from Montalcino to some of the surrounding towns. Essentially, we would really like to walk through the Tuscan countryside for a few days, seeing beautiful scenery and pretty towns, stopping for nice food and wine. We will have 7 – 9 nights in total.
Any guidance as to where to go to see the nicest scenery would be much appreciated. We have received some very helpful advice from Fodors in the past!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 2 Railpass or point-to-point tickets
- 3 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 4 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 5 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 6 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 7 Greece-Paros or Meteora
- 8 Juangfrau / mt
- 9 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 10 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 11 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 12 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 13 Figueres: trains and timing from Barcelona
- 14 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 15 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 16 Switzerland
- 17 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 18 Questions about Polish sights
- 19 Recommendations for meandering travel this fall in Spain and Portugal
- 20 If you had to choose one......
- 21 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 22 Ireland travel passport question
- 23 Italy
- 24 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 25 Revised itinerary for italy