Myself and a friend – both 30 years old, female are planning a trip to Italy in September/October. We would like to visit a couple of cities and towns and spend a few days walking through the Tuscan countryside. We would really appreciate any help or guidance anyone could give us.
We plan to fly into Pisa and would like to travel by train (rather than bus as one of us gets travel sick) as much as possible (short bus journeys are fine). Neither of us want to drive – I know people will say it is better to drive but we are not going to drive, this is a definite!!
We are considering flying to Pisa to Florence (1/2nights) , Siena (1 night) and walking from Montalcino to some of the surrounding towns. Essentially, we would really like to walk through the Tuscan countryside for a few days, seeing beautiful scenery and pretty towns, stopping for nice food and wine. We will have 7 – 9 nights in total.
Any guidance as to where to go to see the nicest scenery would be much appreciated. We have received some very helpful advice from Fodors in the past!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 2 Can you locate this picture in Greece?
- 3 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 4 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 5 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 6 Taking Renfe's FAVA Train Across Northern Spain?
- 7 Chania
- 8 Hiking in Austria and Innsbruck and Hallstatt
- 9 Car rental in Santorini port
- 10 Feedback On Relaxed Plan While Staying In Saignon
- 11 Renting a car in Greece
- 12 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 13 Does anyone have experience with Lipault luggage?
- 14 renting a car in greece
- 15 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 16 Fly out Venice or Rome
- 17 Booking Irish Rail ticket
- 18 From Biarritz to Paris- 2 extra nights
- 19 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 20 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 21 Drive from Montepulciano to Cinque Terre
- 22 retruning to US with souveniers
- 23 Is there a forum just for Paris?
- 24 Is Sicily and Pompeii in 4 days worth it?
- 25 First steps for Russian trip planning