Myself and a friend – both 30 years old, female are planning a trip to Italy in September/October. We would like to visit a couple of cities and towns and spend a few days walking through the Tuscan countryside. We would really appreciate any help or guidance anyone could give us.
We plan to fly into Pisa and would like to travel by train (rather than bus as one of us gets travel sick) as much as possible (short bus journeys are fine). Neither of us want to drive – I know people will say it is better to drive but we are not going to drive, this is a definite!!
We are considering flying to Pisa to Florence (1/2nights) , Siena (1 night) and walking from Montalcino to some of the surrounding towns. Essentially, we would really like to walk through the Tuscan countryside for a few days, seeing beautiful scenery and pretty towns, stopping for nice food and wine. We will have 7 – 9 nights in total.
Any guidance as to where to go to see the nicest scenery would be much appreciated. We have received some very helpful advice from Fodors in the past!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 2 Give 2 1/2 Days to Porto or 1 1/2 Days with Day Trip to Coimbra?
- 3 VAT refund transferring through CDG
- 4 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 5 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 6 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 7 Spanish Medical Providers
- 8 From the Riviera to Rome: Two Terrific Weeks in Italy
- 9 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 10 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 11 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 12 wondering if this trip too ambitious
- 13 Driving through Paris
- 14 Renfe AVE, Alvia & Avant Trains
- 15 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 16 San Sebastián
- 17 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 18 italy Cinque Terre
- 19 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 20 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 21 Can parking
- 22 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 23 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 24 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
- 25 Looking for a 5 star resort on Spanish coast for January