We are 2 couples planning a trip to Italy. During part of our trip, we will be staying in Montespertoli for 5 nights, which gives us 4 full days to explore (Sun-Wed). We are planning day trips to Siena, Pisa, and San Gimignano (Florence is covered separately in our itinerary). I have a few questions:
1. Any recommendations on which day of the week to visit the different towns? I read that there is a local market on Wednesday's in Siena and am looking to see if there are other weekly events we should consider.
2. Any recommendations for "hidden gems" in the area? By this, I mean something you experienced in your travels (restaurant, museum, area of town, etc) that wouldn't necessarily be found in the guidebooks.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Switzerland 8 day itinerary in May
- 2 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 3 English Countryside
- 4 Manchester Airport Connection Time
- 5 If you had to choose one......
- 6 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 7 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 8 Multi-generational 2 wk spain itinerary?
- 9 Trip to CPH - Connection time in Oslo?
- 10 How is the drive from Munich to Paris?
- 11 Driving in Italy?
- 12 Hiking in Tirol/Austria
- 13 Athens daytrip - feasible?
- 14 Hiking in Austrian Alps?
- 15 Dolomites to Switzerland or Austria? Can't decide!
- 16 Guided Group Tour of Italy--opinions please
- 17 Road Trip From Frankfurt
- 18 Granada to Madrid
- 19 Croatia
- 20 Croatia trip Planning
- 21 Norway -Trips
- 22 Need help on our Provence trip July 2016
- 23 Itinerary and transportation suggestions
- 24 Warsaw Pollution Reaches Record Highs...
- 25 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
Tuscany: What day of the week for what city, and hidden gems