We are 2 couples planning a trip to Italy. During part of our trip, we will be staying in Montespertoli for 5 nights, which gives us 4 full days to explore (Sun-Wed). We are planning day trips to Siena, Pisa, and San Gimignano (Florence is covered separately in our itinerary). I have a few questions:
1. Any recommendations on which day of the week to visit the different towns? I read that there is a local market on Wednesday's in Siena and am looking to see if there are other weekly events we should consider.
2. Any recommendations for "hidden gems" in the area? By this, I mean something you experienced in your travels (restaurant, museum, area of town, etc) that wouldn't necessarily be found in the guidebooks.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 2 SIM Card for London, Belgium, France & Italy
- 3 Cappadocia in June
- 4 Europe Winter Itinerary
- 5 Purchasing travel insurance in the UK
- 6 One day in Berchtesgaden - what should we see
- 7 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 8 Ibiiza Spain
- 9 best place in london for indian food without paying an arm and a leg
- 10 Keira-Caitlyn Travels to Turkey...adventures in Istanbul and Ephesus
- 11 How much time to allow between arrival at CDG and train departure?
- 12 Switzerland swiss mountain passes so confusing, jungfrou
- 13 Restaurant suggestions in Lyon France? Overwhelmed!
- 14 Need help deciphering benefits of Swiss train pass vs German 25% off...
- 15 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 16 Proposed electronics ban and questions about my Kindle
- 17 3 nights in Madrid
- 18 Help with Ireland Trip
- 19 Hotels in Positano, Capri, & Naples
- 20 Time to tell on yourself (embarassing travel stories)
- 21 Great Food restaurant, cafes, bars, winery, food shops in Provence and Lyon
- 22 Ideas for vacation to Germany
- 23 Best Barcelona neighborhood
- 24 Base for Hidcote, etc. from London
- 25 Ireland base towns (and timing) - Connemara/W. Cork?
Tuscany: What day of the week for what city, and hidden gems