We are 2 couples planning a trip to Italy. During part of our trip, we will be staying in Montespertoli for 5 nights, which gives us 4 full days to explore (Sun-Wed). We are planning day trips to Siena, Pisa, and San Gimignano (Florence is covered separately in our itinerary). I have a few questions:
1. Any recommendations on which day of the week to visit the different towns? I read that there is a local market on Wednesday's in Siena and am looking to see if there are other weekly events we should consider.
2. Any recommendations for "hidden gems" in the area? By this, I mean something you experienced in your travels (restaurant, museum, area of town, etc) that wouldn't necessarily be found in the guidebooks.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Getting around London
- 2 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 3 Language to use in Belgium
- 4 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 5 Europe's Most Famous Streets?
- 6 WWI sites
- 7 Weather and clothes in Sakzkammergut in August
- 8 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 9 Paris in August
- 10 Moderately priced French restaurants in Paris: an update
- 11 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 12 Christmas in Spain
- 13 Germany-Car or Train
- 14 Brussels flower tapestry
- 15 Italy Itinerary Gap to Fill - Alternate Suggestions
- 16 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)
- 17 Lake Como,Italy
- 18 21, 18 and 6 year old trip to Europe
- 19 Valencia Spain
- 20 Visiting Zurich
- 21 Cape Sounion en route to Airport?
- 22 Places to visit from Zurich
- 23 SURPRISE TRIP
- 24 8 days in Ireland -- where to go??!!
- 25 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
Tuscany: What day of the week for what city, and hidden gems