We are 2 couples planning a trip to Italy. During part of our trip, we will be staying in Montespertoli for 5 nights, which gives us 4 full days to explore (Sun-Wed). We are planning day trips to Siena, Pisa, and San Gimignano (Florence is covered separately in our itinerary). I have a few questions:
1. Any recommendations on which day of the week to visit the different towns? I read that there is a local market on Wednesday's in Siena and am looking to see if there are other weekly events we should consider.
2. Any recommendations for "hidden gems" in the area? By this, I mean something you experienced in your travels (restaurant, museum, area of town, etc) that wouldn't necessarily be found in the guidebooks.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trip report for Budapest, Vienna, Salzburg, Munich
- 2 Rest in Peace, Colonel Chilcott
- 3 how to get to Salzburg from Krakow
- 4 Trip report: Portugal, Barcelona and Switzerland
- 5 Lille Braderie 2017
- 6 Europe First Timers
- 7 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 8 Rome or Venice first
- 9 Selecting the right Travel Pass (or not at all)
- 10 Villa Honegg: an insider's tip for the Central Switzerland
- 11 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 12 What to do? Free evenings in Prague and Vienna
- 13 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 14 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 15 Shannon Airport - Mobile Data Card
- 16 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 17 Scotland - drive around or form bases ?
- 18 4 weeks entailing 1 wk Greece and 3 wks in Italy
- 19 Lake Como - Luzern - Germany (need help) - Amsterdam
- 20 Athens Help
- 21 Can you tell me about using "The Fork" for reserving and savings?
- 22 Paris GTG October 6 - 14?
- 23 Help with Greek islands itinerary-which islands to pick!
- 24 Are les plats ("Belon") oysters in Paris yet?
- 25 Cruising (not sailing) in Croatia..worried about noise
Tuscany: What day of the week for what city, and hidden gems