We are 2 couples planning a trip to Italy. During part of our trip, we will be staying in Montespertoli for 5 nights, which gives us 4 full days to explore (Sun-Wed). We are planning day trips to Siena, Pisa, and San Gimignano (Florence is covered separately in our itinerary). I have a few questions:
1. Any recommendations on which day of the week to visit the different towns? I read that there is a local market on Wednesday's in Siena and am looking to see if there are other weekly events we should consider.
2. Any recommendations for "hidden gems" in the area? By this, I mean something you experienced in your travels (restaurant, museum, area of town, etc) that wouldn't necessarily be found in the guidebooks.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 2 Sicily
- 3 Versailles
- 4 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 5 Choosing a hotel - Campo de' Fiori or Piazza Venezia?
- 6 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 7 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 8 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 9 Rare Curiosity-Piquing Photos From Rome + Thank You
- 10 Cote d'Azur--Having Second Thoughts...
- 11 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 12 LISBON FOOD NOTES Fall, 2016
- 13 Train help for Prague
- 14 Brouhaha in Britain Over New 5 Pound Notes!
- 15 Germany train help!
- 16 4 Days in Amalfi in April - Without a car??
- 17 Petrol in Greece
- 18 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 19 Paris to Orly Airport Public Transport
- 20 Where to enjoy Paris
- 21 Input desired concerning my Sicily itinerary
- 22 Renaissance Paris Vendome
- 23 Meteora for older folk
- 24 Tours of Versailles, Lyon
- 25 FOCUS ON FRANCE: Paris and South of France
Tuscany: What day of the week for what city, and hidden gems