Next summer I want to rent a villa in Tuscany for a month with my 3 kids, mom and perhaps my brother. I drove cross-country in Italy a few years ago and loved every moment. I stayed in San G and also Pienza for 6 days. I visited many of the hilltowns for a short day trip, but this was before children. We have 3 kids who will be 4, 7 and 9 next summer 2017. We are renting a villa with a pool. I found a good website rentvillas.com, but I have a few questions...
1. Do you recommend another website to book villas in Tuscany?
2. Which area in tuscany is best to stay with a more lively town nearby for dining?
Lucca, Pisa, Florence, Arezzo, Siena, Livorno or somewhere else?
Although with a car rental, we can probably get to most towns easily?
3. We want to train around Italy potentially. But will also have a car rental too. Should we stay closer to the train? How many trains are their in the Tuscany region?
Thanks in advance,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Solo accommodation -- London -- Dec 19-ish
- 2 6 months in Europe itinerary-Countries
- 3 Ok then, what trip was difficult to organize?
- 4 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 5 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 6 Planning A trip
- 7 A week in the Occitanie
- 8 Question about Loire Valley châteaux
- 9 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 10 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 11 Hotels in Seville and Cordoba
- 12 Advice needed for family trip to Belgium and Germany
- 13 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 14 Car rental Malaga to Seville
- 15 Train Through Spain
- 16 Destination ideas for 88 year old
- 17 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 18 Italy June 6-16
- 19 What is your favorite Greek Island?
- 20 Help with Algarve resort/ driver and excursions for big family trip?
- 21 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 22 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 23 hill of crosses
- 24 Northern Italy in 2 Weeks?
- 25 Barcelona - Safety/Language/Trip Ideas