Next summer I want to rent a villa in Tuscany for a month with my 3 kids, mom and perhaps my brother. I drove cross-country in Italy a few years ago and loved every moment. I stayed in San G and also Pienza for 6 days. I visited many of the hilltowns for a short day trip, but this was before children. We have 3 kids who will be 4, 7 and 9 next summer 2017. We are renting a villa with a pool. I found a good website rentvillas.com, but I have a few questions...
1. Do you recommend another website to book villas in Tuscany?
2. Which area in tuscany is best to stay with a more lively town nearby for dining?
Lucca, Pisa, Florence, Arezzo, Siena, Livorno or somewhere else?
Although with a car rental, we can probably get to most towns easily?
3. We want to train around Italy potentially. But will also have a car rental too. Should we stay closer to the train? How many trains are their in the Tuscany region?
Thanks in advance,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Flying into Copenhagen (1st trip to Europe)
- 2 We're here!
- 3 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 4 Has anyone rented from Allinclusive! Rent a Car ?
- 5 Old European currency
- 6 Norway, Sweden, Denmark
- 7 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 8 Car Rental in France (Insurance + Add'l Driver Questions?)
- 9 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 10 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 11 Europe itinerary questions
- 12 Amsterdam hotels
- 13 Paris hotels
- 14 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 15 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 16 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 17 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 18 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 19 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 20 Brugge hotel help
- 21 Denmark or Sweden?
- 22 Five night Ireland Trip
- 23 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 24 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 25 London Hotels