Next summer I want to rent a villa in Tuscany for a month with my 3 kids, mom and perhaps my brother. I drove cross-country in Italy a few years ago and loved every moment. I stayed in San G and also Pienza for 6 days. I visited many of the hilltowns for a short day trip, but this was before children. We have 3 kids who will be 4, 7 and 9 next summer 2017. We are renting a villa with a pool. I found a good website rentvillas.com, but I have a few questions...
1. Do you recommend another website to book villas in Tuscany?
2. Which area in tuscany is best to stay with a more lively town nearby for dining?
Lucca, Pisa, Florence, Arezzo, Siena, Livorno or somewhere else?
Although with a car rental, we can probably get to most towns easily?
3. We want to train around Italy potentially. But will also have a car rental too. Should we stay closer to the train? How many trains are their in the Tuscany region?
Thanks in advance,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Is the Amalfi Coast kid friendly enough
- 2 Visa Free Entry To Spain
- 3 Organizing our 8 day Roman visit
- 4 Spending Money for a 30 day trip
- 5 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 6 Following the Canadian Liberation Route in the Netherlands
- 7 Seat Assignments on TGV train from Paris to Avignon
- 8 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 9 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 10 "Never Mind"
- 11 Paris Skip the Lines deals ...
- 12 Best way to get to Kinderdijk in April
- 13 Paris with a toddler and a baby
- 14 Via del Sale, Italy
- 15 Route/guide book request for Italy
- 16 Nafplio to Hydra
- 17 Southern Croatia and side trips itinerary recommendations
- 18 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 19 2 WEEK EUROPE ITINERARY
- 20 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 21 Prague itinerary advice
- 22 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 23 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 24 Path of the Gods / Amalfi coast
- 25 Italian lakes