We are doing a self guided northern Italy 2 week tour most likely in May to include Florence, Siena and Venice. We were thinking about extending to maybe Switzerland. Where would be a good destination to see the Alps via train for 2 days? Lucerne came to mind. Any other country destinations on the train line within a few hours from Venice or Florence that you could recommend?
Tuscany to ?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?
- 2 Three ferries to Mull
- 3 Upgrading second class Swiss pass to first class for individual train rides
- 4 DIRECT trains from Rome FCO Airport to Venice start 12/14/2014
- 5 Chamonix to Paris by Train
- 6 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 7 All Set To Go!!
- 8 England's Ruined Abbeys
- 9 Bus Tour with a toddler
- 10 Dublin, love it or hate it? please tell me why
- 11 Euro Trivia Quiz #13... Classical Musicians/Composers Home Towns?
- 12 French Basque region
- 13 Luxury hotel base Positano or Sorrento with 2 teen daughters
- 14 Rome, Florence, Pisa, Cinque Terre, Venice, Florence
- 15 Italy + Greece in 14 days
- 16 Favorite London spot for roast beef and Yorkshire pudding?
- 17 They Just Don't Read or Listen about DCC Scam
- 18 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 19 Bavaria: Santa Claus and Evil Twin Krampus!
- 20 Story of the German Christmas star
- 21 Airport ATMs
- 22 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 23 Amsterdam New Years Even Recommendations
- 24 I lost the thread to respond about th Arles Amphetheatre
- 25 American Express