We are doing a self guided northern Italy 2 week tour most likely in May to include Florence, Siena and Venice. We were thinking about extending to maybe Switzerland. Where would be a good destination to see the Alps via train for 2 days? Lucerne came to mind. Any other country destinations on the train line within a few hours from Venice or Florence that you could recommend?
Tuscany to ?
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Frankfurt Macarons
- 2 Trip around Spain
- 3 Lake como
- 4 NEW TO FODORS: Suggestions/Advice for 10 days in Europe
- 5 Geneva/Graechen/Milan Driving in February
- 6 Getting around in Tuscany
- 7 Rome L. Argentina Ruins - Can they be explored or just viewed from street?
- 8 Venice in Jan
- 9 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 10 Common practice to provide passport copies for apartment rental in Venice?
- 11 Public transport from Ostuni
- 12 Costa del Sol (Spain) versus Cote d Azur (France) ??
- 13 British drivers
- 14 Need PIN for general credit card use in Spain Portugal
- 15 Need advice - Context Tours for Gallery Borghese & Vatican
- 16 a week in Ireland over New year's
- 17 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 18 Italy with 4 teenagers, 1 child and a husband in 18 days - thoughts?
- 19 Honeymoon Travel Advice Needed!
- 20 Question-- York & North York Moors
- 21 Sagrada Familia - which tower?
- 22 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris
- 23 best beach hotel Mykonos
- 24 Eurostar/Raileurope Advance Booking
- 25 Fun things to do in Copenhagen