We are doing a self guided northern Italy 2 week tour most likely in May to include Florence, Siena and Venice. We were thinking about extending to maybe Switzerland. Where would be a good destination to see the Alps via train for 2 days? Lucerne came to mind. Any other country destinations on the train line within a few hours from Venice or Florence that you could recommend?
Tuscany to ?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Confused about tipping in Swiss restaurants
- 2 International driving permit required in France?
- 3 Message for Ackislander
- 4 Crete Chania and the Libyan Sea villages
- 5 Ideas for Shropshire Please
- 6 White Christmas in the Alps for Aussie non-skiers
- 7 Impressions of Bad Tolz?
- 8 PRIVATE GUIDES IN ITALY--MASTER LIST
- 9 Madrid—Portugal—Northern Spain—Barcelona by car, need an itinerary...
- 10 Netherlands Delta Works
- 11 Passport Delays
- 12 Hotel in Rome?
- 13 Cotswolds village base
- 14 Amalfi Coast vs Greece
- 15 Sim Card for Data Plan
- 16 Puglia--need hotel for last 2 nites HELP trip is coming up
- 17 Italy Itinerary help - leaving in <2 weeks
- 18 Itinerary help Geneva, Lausanne , Montreux or Vevey
- 19 Photography Trip Ideas in Eastern Europe
- 20 Walking Tours in Rome and Florence
- 21 Wine tour from Verona?
- 22 May Trip to Germany and Switzerland - Munich and Lauterbrunnen - Hiking Included
- 23 10 days switzerland trip itenary..
- 24 Berlin, Paris, London: 2 weeks, 3 people
- 25 Scotland trip report July 2014, chapter 1