I'm thinking of moving my Tuscany plans a bit more North. We are renting a car and driving down from Venice for (3 days and 3 nights) and currently headed to Cortona. We are staying at the Relais Villa Petrischio. The area looks lovely. As many have mentioned that there are many more fantastic country towns much close than Cortona: I'm curious if anyone has suggestions that are 2 to 2.5 hours from Venice...perhaps Lucca, Bologna or Parma? I want the countryside - wine tasting - local shopping, etc.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy for 2 weeks in late September to early October
- 2 How has Rome changed in last 30 years?
- 3 My summer in Paris
- 4 Venice - airport, cruise ship terminal, hotel, & airport taxi question
- 5 Where to stay in Northern Ireland and should we try to see Cliffs of Moher?
- 6 Is this a good hotel and loaction in Paris?
- 7 Iceland 2 week trip itinerary/report
- 8 London 2-for-1: Using an "unused" Train Ticket
- 9 48 hours in london with kids and stay at premier inn
- 10 Still deciding on what to do for six nights in Italy between Padua and Rome
- 11 Help with 1 week in Normandy / Loire Valley
- 12 Where should I spend my birthday?
- 13 Visiting Exciting Turkey in the Throes of Restoration
- 14 Paris tipping hotel maids
- 15 Halfday in Barcelona
- 16 Rome/Sorrento/Amalfi Itinerary help
- 17 Getting a rheum in Paris, then Django Fest week in Fontainebleau
- 18 Charles DeGaulle to Paris
- 19 2 Week Trip to Central/Eastern Europe
- 20 another Naples and Amalfi coast question
- 21 A nice, quiet and affordable place to stay?
- 22 Trip to Paris and Switzerland.
- 23 Need help planning a 20 day trip
- 24 Airbnb travel, travel Airbnb.
- 25 Trip planning--Portugal and Spain