I'm thinking of moving my Tuscany plans a bit more North. We are renting a car and driving down from Venice for (3 days and 3 nights) and currently headed to Cortona. We are staying at the Relais Villa Petrischio. The area looks lovely. As many have mentioned that there are many more fantastic country towns much close than Cortona: I'm curious if anyone has suggestions that are 2 to 2.5 hours from Venice...perhaps Lucca, Bologna or Parma? I want the countryside - wine tasting - local shopping, etc.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 2 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 3 Can I do Stonehenge and Bath from Isle of Wight in 1 day?
- 4 St Denis Cathedral
- 5 Looking for a unique 3 days in Venice
- 6 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 7 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 8 Parma, Reggio or Modena for a year?
- 9 Two weeks in Italy flying in and out of Milan
- 10 CDG much improved
- 11 Itinerary Advice London and Paris with 2 Adults 2 Children (7 and 8.5)
- 12 Praiano
- 13 Day trips to Windsor Castle and Hampton Court from London
- 14 Best way from London to Gatwick these days?
- 15 Aix-- looking for a few obscure ideas
- 16 Norway fjord
- 17 Travelogue: Norway with kids (Bergen & Fjord)
- 18 Proposed itinerary for Iceland
- 19 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 20 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 21 3 Weeks in Ireland - Itinerary help needed
- 22 Naples/The Amalfi Coast...and Sicily?
- 23 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 24 Stockholm during midsummer
- 25 Dublin or Amsterdam?