I'm thinking of moving my Tuscany plans a bit more North. We are renting a car and driving down from Venice for (3 days and 3 nights) and currently headed to Cortona. We are staying at the Relais Villa Petrischio. The area looks lovely. As many have mentioned that there are many more fantastic country towns much close than Cortona: I'm curious if anyone has suggestions that are 2 to 2.5 hours from Venice...perhaps Lucca, Bologna or Parma? I want the countryside - wine tasting - local shopping, etc.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 April in Paris...with a Side of Bordeaux
- 2 Day trips to Florence, Venice - Any Recommended Tour Companies
- 3 Stay away from EF Tours
- 4 Amalfi Coast with Kids- Where to stay?
- 5 Italy June 2016 - Attire?
- 6 Yummy Swiss bites
- 7 Please help with Itinerary draft for 29 days in France
- 8 Strike - again in France Tomorrow
- 9 Rome & Florence, 10-12 days or so
- 10 3 Wake-up calls
- 11 Current Paris vacation rental news...
- 12 Lazing it in Lisbon; Notes and Rambling Thoughts from and Extended Stay
- 13 Switzerland in 8 days
- 14 Rome to Sicily/Lipari September fly/boat???
- 15 venice/slovenia/croatia
- 16 Taxis G7: need help in creating account
- 17 Once in a life time 3 month Europe Trip
- 18 EU Roaming charges / SIM card
- 19 Scotland Itinerary
- 20 Please Help! Europe in 5 days!
- 21 10 nights in France
- 22 2 London theatre recommendations
- 23 If your question is "Is This Trip Crazy?"
- 24 Has anyone used Travelex as a debit card in Italy?
- 25 Croatia Itenerary