I'm thinking of moving my Tuscany plans a bit more North. We are renting a car and driving down from Venice for (3 days and 3 nights) and currently headed to Cortona. We are staying at the Relais Villa Petrischio. The area looks lovely. As many have mentioned that there are many more fantastic country towns much close than Cortona: I'm curious if anyone has suggestions that are 2 to 2.5 hours from Venice...perhaps Lucca, Bologna or Parma? I want the countryside - wine tasting - local shopping, etc.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London with kids
- 2 Romantic snowy mountain getaway to propose to my girlfriend
- 3 My Fundraising Dream in Paris
- 4 Doobie in Amsterdam
- 5 How to get from the Airport (Charles de Gaul) to Marais
- 6 Rent in Paris - Long stay
- 7 London and Paris 13 day HS graduation trip
- 8 Paris: Best Hot Chocolate
- 9 where to stay in Malta
- 10 5 women, Italy, need suggestions
- 11 Looking for advice about 2 week solo trip to Italy
- 12 River Boat Cruise
- 13 Oh Italy, What to wear!
- 14 Good and not too touristy restaurants
- 15 Hotel advice
- 16 Public Transport information App/Website
- 17 Tour or independent
- 18 Copenhagen and Stockholm Hotel Recommendations
- 19 Venice to Malpensa: which way to travel?
- 20 Hotels in Amsterdam
- 21 First Trip to Italy-2 weeks
- 22 Honeymoon - Spain & Greece
- 23 Sicily - Itinerary suggestions
- 24 Andalusia itinerary comments & advice please!
- 25 York Churches