I'm thinking of moving my Tuscany plans a bit more North. We are renting a car and driving down from Venice for (3 days and 3 nights) and currently headed to Cortona. We are staying at the Relais Villa Petrischio. The area looks lovely. As many have mentioned that there are many more fantastic country towns much close than Cortona: I'm curious if anyone has suggestions that are 2 to 2.5 hours from Venice...perhaps Lucca, Bologna or Parma? I want the countryside - wine tasting - local shopping, etc.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First Solo Adventure
- 2 Airline to Rome
- 3 Towns around Lucca
- 4 Family Transportation from Heathrow- justairports or Express?
- 5 Georgia in 4 days
- 6 Amalfi itinerary help needed
- 7 Trains in Italy
- 8 Dublin Luggage storage
- 9 Italy with baby - where to go?
- 10 Croatia short sail trip
- 11 The Alhambra Private Tour Guide
- 12 Swimming in Camogli, Santa Margherita Ligure, Italy
- 13 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 14 Mid/late November: Tuscany or Andalucia? (1 week)
- 15 Alitala
- 16 Hotels in Copenhagen
- 17 Clueless, planning trip to Scotland
- 18 Just curious--why Airbnb?
- 19 Hiking/Photographing the Black Forest
- 20 Which Hotel in Rome
- 21 First Solo Adventure
- 22 Travelling alone to Turkey @18
- 23 Where should I go with my family?
- 24 Tasting sherry in Jerez
- 25 PARIS