I'm thinking of moving my Tuscany plans a bit more North. We are renting a car and driving down from Venice for (3 days and 3 nights) and currently headed to Cortona. We are staying at the Relais Villa Petrischio. The area looks lovely. As many have mentioned that there are many more fantastic country towns much close than Cortona: I'm curious if anyone has suggestions that are 2 to 2.5 hours from Venice...perhaps Lucca, Bologna or Parma? I want the countryside - wine tasting - local shopping, etc.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 October trip to St. Petersburg, Tallinn and Helsinki?
- 2 Chip on Debit card?
- 3 MaiTaiTom's "Insane For Spain" - 2015
- 4 Best city in Europe to visit during winter
- 5 Sorrento as a lodging base
- 6 Itinerary advice needed for Europe summer 2016
- 7 Italy in June/July
- 8 first time to Europe: London Paris & ?
- 9 Suggestions for an afternoon in Istanbul
- 10 Train travel in Europe
- 11 Laurel and Hardy in Drag Go To Paris
- 12 Lipari Aeolian Islands
- 13 Tickets to Saints Chapelle Concerts
- 14 First visit to Paris, 6 days
- 15 Train strikes - Spain
- 16 Alone in Paris
- 17 Basque region and/or Galicia?
- 18 15 hour layover in London with children, should we leave the airport?
- 19 seeking advice for Turkey trip in November
- 20 England/Scotland in January?
- 21 What to do in Dublin/ Waterford in 1 day
- 22 Is this possible in 16 days?
- 23 Greece/Turkey/Croatia
- 24 Advise on where to base in Ireland for 2 week trip
- 25 Sistine Chapel Visit in November