I'm thinking of moving my Tuscany plans a bit more North. We are renting a car and driving down from Venice for (3 days and 3 nights) and currently headed to Cortona. We are staying at the Relais Villa Petrischio. The area looks lovely. As many have mentioned that there are many more fantastic country towns much close than Cortona: I'm curious if anyone has suggestions that are 2 to 2.5 hours from Venice...perhaps Lucca, Bologna or Parma? I want the countryside - wine tasting - local shopping, etc.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How do you buy a Camper Van in Europe? Help ME!
- 2 Velib: Paris' bike-sharing program
- 3 At least 13 dead as flash floods hit the French Riviera
- 4 Tapas in Madrid and other stuff to do
- 5 Phone for GPS in Italy/Europe--T Mobile Simple Choice ? Buy a SIM card?
- 6 The Definitive Guide to Behave Like A Local in Spain
- 7 French Toll Roads Chip & sign Credit Card Payments
- 8 Base for 3 days in Galicia
- 9 Planning a Trip in Scandinavia
- 10 Rugby World Cup - is your team playing?
- 11 Which town-base for Lake Garda
- 12 Hotels in Paris
- 13 PARIS and ROME and ???
- 14 Is Capri worth going to?
- 15 Planning west-east trip along Alps: Help!
- 16 How to enjoy Paris on a low/moderate budget?
- 17 2 wks in Sicily - Planning for May 2016
- 18 Educate me about Munich
- 19 Looking for a cooking class in Sorrento
- 20 3 days in the Algarve - May
- 21 Madrid in 2 Days
- 22 Outrageous car rental price in Lofoten, Norway!
- 23 What's your best driving experience in Europe?
- 24 Traffic Tickets - Why Should I Pay?
- 25 Which City with Paris