I'm thinking of moving my Tuscany plans a bit more North. We are renting a car and driving down from Venice for (3 days and 3 nights) and currently headed to Cortona. We are staying at the Relais Villa Petrischio. The area looks lovely. As many have mentioned that there are many more fantastic country towns much close than Cortona: I'm curious if anyone has suggestions that are 2 to 2.5 hours from Venice...perhaps Lucca, Bologna or Parma? I want the countryside - wine tasting - local shopping, etc.
Tuscany: Relais Villa Petrischio - Cortona
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Does anyone travel with trip notes on an ipad? Tech help please!
- 2 Accommodations in Paris
- 3 Provence planning
- 4 Shipping bags home
- 5 Germany for 3 weeks
- 6 Weekend Driving in Rome
- 7 A week in Wengen hiking the Bernese Oberland
- 8 Dublin Layover Suggestions
- 9 Looking for some advice for an April Itenerary!
- 10 Transportation directly from Malpensa to place other than Milan
- 11 Revised Itinerary with 2 kids
- 12 South of Spain in late September - cities/areas?
- 13 Scottland for a day!
- 14 England, Paris itinerary help
- 15 Emilia Romagna Region
- 16 Family of 4 traveling 10 months
- 17 Avignon to Bordeaux by Train
- 18 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 19 X-mas week in Istanbul trip report
- 20 The Italian Riviera: A review.
- 21 In Less Than 48 Hours, Chisinau and Transnistria
- 22 Bavarian Accommodations - Need Your Assistance
- 23 Venice Airport: How Long to Get Through Passport Clearance
- 24 Are there any deals to London or big cities in Europe?
- 25 Malpensa to Milano/Porto Garibaldi o Centrale Question...