I'm thinking of moving my Tuscany plans a bit more North. We are renting a car and driving down from Venice for (3 days and 3 nights) and currently headed to Cortona. We are staying at the Relais Villa Petrischio. The area looks lovely. As many have mentioned that there are many more fantastic country towns much close than Cortona: I'm curious if anyone has suggestions that are 2 to 2.5 hours from Venice...perhaps Lucca, Bologna or Parma? I want the countryside - wine tasting - local shopping, etc.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Buy Quality Passports,id cards,citizenship.
- 2 hotel in Prague
- 3 "Free" walking tours--what to tip guide
- 4 RHK's Spring Trip
- 5 Versailles or Mont St Michel ?
- 6 5 Days in Provence
- 7 Paris 5 Day itinerary - Suggestions plz
- 8 Overnight Layover -London
- 9 15 nights in Italy
- 10 Help-1st time solo travel in Basel and Amsterdam
- 11 Shoppingin Spain
- 12 Dublin to Dingle?
- 13 Day Trip from Geneva - Need Advice
- 14 Feedback Please: Honeymoon Itinerary....first draft
- 15 Glencoe As A Base in Scotland?
- 16 [POLL] Have you ever been in NP Plitvice Lake in Croatia?
- 17 Tirano to Paris via bernina express in 1 day
- 18 Finally, Norway Itin - please critique & advise
- 19 Mom's Retirement Trip (of a Lifetime)
- 20 HeathrowAirport to bakery
- 21 Half-day in Lindau- What to do?
- 22 Another Visit to London
- 23 Wine tour recommendations around Greve
- 24 September Mediterranean Honeymoon
- 25 Two days in Switzerland or Lake Como Italy