I'm thinking of moving my Tuscany plans a bit more North. We are renting a car and driving down from Venice for (3 days and 3 nights) and currently headed to Cortona. We are staying at the Relais Villa Petrischio. The area looks lovely. As many have mentioned that there are many more fantastic country towns much close than Cortona: I'm curious if anyone has suggestions that are 2 to 2.5 hours from Venice...perhaps Lucca, Bologna or Parma? I want the countryside - wine tasting - local shopping, etc.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Central London indoor swimming locations
- 2 The DCC scam is spreading
- 3 Naxos experts - pros and cons of Kymata vs. Agios Prokopios Hotel
- 4 Parentheses in France Phone Nos...will iPhone dial appropriately?
- 5 hotels in Reyjkavik
- 6 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 7 Shall I buy the travel plug in advance
- 8 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 9 Norway for 1 week, ideas for planning
- 10 Norway Hiking Adventure
- 11 Porto in January
- 12 Places to visit from Zurich
- 13 Visiting Zurich
- 14 2 Week Europe Itinerary
- 15 Really true that US passport needs 6 months left to enter Schengen zone?
- 16 Varenna to hotel near Milan airport
- 17 casusyazılım
- 18 Provence Hotel and Flights
- 19 5 nights in Granada and Malaga - what combo?
- 20 Mallorca for 9 nights-best home base?
- 21 HELP: 3rd trip to France - where should I go?
- 22 Driving itinerary, feedback wanted
- 23 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 24 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)
- 25 First trip to Paris! (and Amsterdam)